An Olympic barbell is the crown jewel of any gym. It one of the most important and versatile pieces of workout equipment. It is great for any kind of workout and ideal for any form of lifting. Chances are, you have clicked on this article because you are interested in investing in a good Olympic barbell. There is a wide range of barbells available in the market in different price ranges. We have put together a list of the best 10 ones available right now to make your shopping experience easier. Scroll down to learn more about these barbells.
Table Of Contents
10 Best Olympic Barbell Bars Available Right Now
1. Rage Fitness Olympic Training Barbell
The Rage Fitness Olympic Barbell helps you achieve a better build. It increases strength, stamina, and cardiovascular endurance. This barbell is ideal for beginners to learn the technique of Olympic weightlifting. It can also be used as a scaled weight bar for full-throttle workouts. It is durable and spins freely.
Weight: 3.52 ounces
- Increases strength, stamina, and cardiovascular endurance
- Suitable for beginners
- Can be used as a scaled weight for full-throttle workouts
- Spins freely
2. Sunny Health & Fitness 60” Threaded Chrome Barbell Bar
The Sunny Health & Fitness 60” Threaded Chrome Barbell is great for upper and lower body strength training. It can be used to perform bicep curls, triceps extensions, deadlifts, and squats. The chromed bar has threads with collars to secure weight plates in place. It has knurled handles that allow for a secure grip and added efficiency. The bar is compact and convenient for both gyms and homes. It weighs 12 lbs and can hold weights up to 250 lbs. Its ergonomic design allows for easy storage.
Material: Chromed steel
Weight: 12 lbs
- Suitable for upper and lower body strength training
- Includes threads with collars to secure weight plates
- Knurled handles for a secure grip
- Knobs may get loose
3. Marcy Solid Steel Olympic Weight Bar
The Marcy Solid Steel Olympic Weight Bar will help you build bigger, stronger, and tougher arms. It is made from premium solid steel to give you a real workout experience. It has an ergonomic curved design that allows for a comfortable hold of the bar. The design optimizes your performance to isolate and intensify the development of biceps, triceps, and forearms.
It has a sleek chrome finish that makes it resistant to erosion and easy to clean. It has two locking collars that ensure your safety during use.
Material: Solid steel
Weight: 17 lbs
- Helps build stronger arms
- Ergonomic curved design
- Intensifies the development of biceps, triceps, and forearms
- Not enough angle in the curves to hold comfortably
4. TITAN Olympic Barbell
The Titan Olympic Barbell is an impressive barbell that can support weight up to 700 lbs. The bar itself weighs 45 lbs. You can also increase the weight by adding some plates to either end. This bar can be used to perform multiple free-weight exercises like squats, deadlifts, overhead presses, etc. The bar features diamond knurling that is designed to give a sturdy grip. The barbell is made from durable cold-rolled steel that makes it rust-resistant.
Material: Cold-rolled steel
Weight: 45 lbs
- Weight capacity of 700 lbs
- Can be used to perform multiple free weight exercises like squats, deadlifts, etc.
5. XMark Deadlift Voodoo Commercial Olympic Bar
The Xmark Deadlift Voodoo Olympic Bar offers the ultimate performance for various powerlifting routines. It is crafted from heat-treated alloy steel and has a snap-ring lock system. The bar has a superior tensile strength of 185,000 PSI with moderate flex and a weight capacity of 1500 lbs. It has micro-grooves that ensure that the weight plates stay in place. It guarantees safety and comfort. The bumper plates hat come with this bar are covered with all-natural virgin rubber that gives them a slim profile and low bounce.
Material: Alloy steel
Weight: 45 lb
- Includes a snap-ring lock system
- Tensile strength of 185,000 PSI
- Micro grooves make the plates stay in place
- Comes with slim-profile bumper plates
6. Body-Solid OB86B Olympic Bar
The Body-Solid OB86B Olympic Bar is designed to take your free-weight workouts to the next level. It is made from the highest-quality components and can support up to 600 pounds. This 7’ long bar is perfect for powerlifting, weightlifting, bench press, and cross-training exercises. It has a shoulder bolt and a collar bolt. The bar has a black oxide finish that protects it from rusting, scarring, and peeling. This makes it durable.
Weight: 44 pounds
- Supports up to 600 pounds
- Suitable for powerlifting, weightlifting, and cross-training exercises
- Black oxide finish that prevents rusting, scarring, and peeling
- Not durable
7. OneFitWonder Axle Fat Bar
The OneFitWonder Axle Fat Bar helps you work your forearms. It comes in handy for strongman training and competitions. This barbell has a weight capacity of 1000 lbs. It makes the bar perfect for anyone. This bar is great for compound lifting like squats, deadlifts, and bench press. It has a wide diameter that makes it perfect for forearm pumps. The bar has a 50mm shaft diameter, which makes it the perfect tool for increasing your grip strength.
Weight: 45 lbs
- Suitable for strongman training and competitions
- 1000 lb weight capacity
- Wide diameter that makes it perfect for forearm pumps
8. Champion Barbell Olympic Bar
The Champion Barbell Olympic Bar is a great barbell for your exercise routine. It is made from high-tensile chrome molybdenum steel that ensures the bar stays the same for a long time. The bar has the capacity to hold 1500 lbs of weight. It is 86” long and coated with black oxide to protect it from rust. The bronze bushings allow for smooth sleeve rotation. This barbell comes with a 10-year limited warranty.
Material: Molybdenum steel
Weight: 50 lbs
- 1500 lbs weight capacity
- Bronze bushings for smooth sleeve rotation
- 10-year limited warranty
9. ZHH Olympic Barbell Training Bar
The ZHH Olympic Training Barbell is a great training bar. It comes with double-safety nuts that prevent the weight plates from loosening and falling off. The bar also has an anti-slip texture design that prevents your hands from slipping because of sweat. It is made from solid carbon steel, which makes it durable. It has a strong load-bearing capacity and is not easy to break or bend.
Material: Carbon steel material
Weight: 14.88 pounds
- Double safety nuts to prevent the plates from falling
- Anti-slip texture
- Not easy to break or bend
10. CAP Barbell 84″ Standard Solid Bar
The Cap Barbell 84″ Standard Solid Bar is good for building your upper body. It weighs around 19 lbs and is 7’ long. The bar is good to use with standard weight plates. It is made from solid steel and has a chrome finish. This makes it durable and strong. It features medium-depth diamond knurling that offers a better grip while lifting weights. The recommended weight capacity of the bar is 250 lbs.
Material: Solid steel
Weight: 19 lbs
- Medium depth diamond knurling for better grip
- Compatible with standard weight plates
- May bend easily
These are the best Olympic barbells available right now. Consider the factors mentioned in the next section while buying a barbell.
How To Choose An Olympic Barbell – Buying Guide
- Tensile Strength of Steel: The tensile strength determines how much weight the barbell can withstand before it breaks. Higher tensile strength means a better barbell.
- Knurling: Knurling is the sandpaper-like texture on either side of the barbell. It is important as it improves your grip while exercising. Knurling also helps you while lifting.
- Bar Diameter: A good barbell has a wide diameter. Most commonly, the diameter of a barbell is 28mm. This offers a good grip and decent whip to the user.
An Olympic barbell can be a great investment for you. Hence, we hope that this article has helped you find a barbell that fits your lifting needs.
Expert’s Answers For Readers’ Questions
What is the difference between an Olympic bar and a standard bar?
Usually, an Olympic bar is 7’ long and made with shafts. It is heavier and thicker than a standard bar.
What size Olympic bar should I buy?
A barbell with a 28-29 mm diameter is ideal for men, while a barbell with a 25 mm diameter is great for women.
What is an Olympic barbell made of?
Most Olympic barbells are made of stainless steel.
Latest posts by Sucharita Mishra (see all)
- 8 Best Ice Skates – Reviews - June 30, 2020
- 10 Best Drugstore Moisturizers For Oily Skin - June 29, 2020
- 10 Best Golf Tees - June 29, 2020
- 10 Best Ice Hockey Skates – Reviews And Buying Guide - June 25, 2020
- 10 Best Lacrosse Rebounders – With A Buying Guide - June 24, 2020