At-home pilates is an excellent option if you don’t have time for the gym. All you need is a pilates bar kit. Nowadays, pilates has gained a reputation for being the best equipment that helps you get toned bodies and the perfect silhouette. This form of exercise helps to target specific areas and tone them as well.
It has become the new form of hot fitness in town, and celebrities across the globe – from Kendall Jenner to Haley Bieber and even Lady Gaga – are benefitting from it. If you are the kind of person who feels self-conscious working out in the gym, and feel more confident in the privacy of your home, you can easily get yourself a pilates bar kit and start working at home.
In this article, you will find the 11 best pilates bar kits that you can easily use at home. Scroll down and make an informed decision and continue your fitness journey for the better!
What Does A Pilates Bar Do?
A pilates bar kit is basically a contraption that helps you get your pilates session in by simply using one or more bars, rods, and fitness straps. Most come with their own sets of instructions for using them and all you need to do is get into your fitness gear and bring out your pilates bar kit. Tone your muscles, develop a strong core or just do some light stretching – the simple pilates bar kit will let you do them all with ease.
Say Hello To A Toned Body With Our Best 11 Pilates Bar Kits
1. Best For All-Body Workout: Viajero Pilates Bar Kit
This is a 3-section pilates bar kit with 2 nature latex resistance bands. This all-in-one body workout kit is easy to assemble and easier to carry around. The bars are 15-inch and are very durable as they are made of iron. They can be put together to form a long bar that is slightly longer than 45 inches. The resistance bands are also designed to withstand stretching for up to 6 times their length. Lose weight, tone your muscles, use it for stretching or CrossFit, a quick yoga session, or an intense workout – this pilates bar kit lets you do everything from home.
- Easy to assemble
- Can be used for all-body workout
- Durable material
- 3-section pilates bar
- Resistance bands can be stretched to 6 times their length.
- May take some time to get used to
2. Best Durable: BQYPOWER Pilates Bar Kit
Get that perfect toned body with this convenient pilates bar kit that comes with a portable stick, an 8-shaped rally pull rope, and an instruction booklet. This comes in a simple format of a removable design that makes it easy to carry around so that you do not miss a day of exercise even when you’re traveling. The kit uses TPE elastic tubes that are durable and do not break despite repeated stretching. The protective bands are made of thick nylon that makes it comfortable to use while you secure your wrists and ankles. The latex tube comes with a cloth cover to slow down its wear and tear and increase its lifespan. Order this kit to get in shape from the comfort of your home, now!
- Simple design
- Easy to assemble
- Made of TPW elastic tubes that are durable
- Thick nylon straps for added comfort
- Latex tube with cloth covering to increase its lifespan
- The cords might be too long for some.
3. Best Eco-Friendly Material: Goldflower Pilates Bar Kit Adjustable – Purple
This pilates bar kit uses thickened durable steel pipes and high quality latex ropes to offer you increased functionality during your bodyweight exercises. The ropes come with buckles that can be used to adjust according to the user’s height. The latex used is of an eco-friendly material that is also free of the smell of cheap rubber that can be such a turn-off while exercising. The kit comes with loops for the feet and the hands that are designed to be no-slip to offer maximum comfort and ease. This is easy to carry around and can be used for high-intensity workouts, yoga, muscle rehabilitation, and so much more!
- Thickened steel pipes
- High-quality latex
- Eco-friendly material
- No-slip loops for hands and feet
- Some might find it difficult to secure the straps onto the bar.
4. Best Anti-Slip Foot Loops: Pahajim Portable Pilates Bar Kit – Blue
This is a compact 3-section pilates bar that can fit into anywhere while you are on the go, and you can simply assemble this to form a pilates bar kit. Made of good quality steel pipes, the bar ensures durability as you stretch those muscles. The latex ropes are eco-friendly and don’t emanate the cheap rubber smell that makes working out uncomfortable. The total length of the stick is just over 35 inches, making this quite ergonomic for most. Side-kick, squats, or leg lifts – you can easily do everything with the anti-slip foot loops and the comfortable foam covering the stick.
- 3-section foldable stick
- Eco-friendly latex rope
- Stick can extend to a comfortable 35 inches
- Anti-slip foot loops
- The straps are not adjustable in length, so might not be beneficial for short people.
5. Best For Stretching: KMM Pilates Bar Kit
Never let not going to the gym deter you from getting to your fitness goals with this pilates bar kit that comes in an easily removable design, making it a dream to store or to carry around with you. Thickened latex tubes ensure durability despite repeated stretching. Protect your hands and legs with the soft latex straps that also ensure less wear and tear. The 8-character tensioner that comes with this kit is great for stretching out those sore muscles. The latex straps are easy to clean too. The metal tube has a soft foam covering to ensure that you don’t get injured easily. Use it at home or in your work cubicle or even at the park to enjoy some sunshine!
- Metal tube with soft foam covering
- Thickened latex for the durability of straps
- Easy to wash straps
- Features soft latex straps for hand and legs
- Comes with an 8-character tensioner
- The length of the straps cannot be adjusted.
6. Best Sturdy Bars: Maloow Pilates Bar Kit
Never shy away from a workout anymore with this specially designed exercise bar with resistance bands that are removable to keep your pilates routine flexible. The main stick is made durable and sturdy with 3 steel pipes with a soft foam covering to make it easy for use. Two sets of resistance bands, each set in 20lb and 30lb weights, can be switched up as per comfort or can even be stacked for those looking for some heavy resistance. The anti-slip straps ensure a safe workout experience as you move closer towards your body strength and body flexibility goals.
- Sturdy bars
- Anti-slip straps
- Removable and stackable bands
- Resistance bands in 2 sets of weights
- The lengths of the bands cannot be adjusted.
7. Best For All Heights: Gaiam Pilates Bar Kit
For those citing the lack of space as their reason for not taking their fitness seriously, this portable at-home pilates bar kit is the best choice for them. This comes in a clean, compact format for reformer-style pilates. Easy to assemble or disassemble, this can be carried around everywhere for a quick workout. The power cords are 30-inch each and can be used for everything from stretching to building stronger muscles. The set comes with a digital workout regime that can be downloaded and includes 3 full-length practices.
- Clean and compact
- Easy to carry around
- Suitable for reformer-style movements
- Features 2 30-inch power cords
- Comes with a digital workout that can be downloaded
- Might not be suitable for short people
8. Best Sweat-Resistant: Wastou Pilates Bar
This pilates bar kit addresses the biggest grievance that most of us have of bar kits not being suitable for those who are short. Made of elastic bands with adjustable resistance, this is suitable for people of all heights. It is ideal for all kinds of intensity in workouts and can be used for all body parts. The anti-slip straps are added bonuses to make your workout easier. Designed to be easy to assemble, this pilates bar kit is great for just being thrown into your tote and taking it out when you want a quick workout.
- Adjustable elastic bands
- Suitable for all heights
- Wide anti-slip straps
- Easy to assemble and carry around
- The straps may need to be replaced after a while.
9. Best Lightweight: ZTDXPH Portable Pilates Stick – Blue
The 2-set stick is made of high quality steel for durability and has a comfortable foam grip for ease and safety of use. The 30-inch elastic power cords are made of high quality latex to reduce wear and tear and is eco-friendly too, without the strong smell of cheap rubber. This is designed to be effective for multiple kinds of workouts and is sweat-resistant too. So, take it for a swing for your home workout and see how you get your ideal, toned body in weeks of using this pilates bar kit regularly.
- High quality steel
- Resistance band made of eco-friendly latex
- Free of rubbery odor
- Designed to be sweat-resistant
- Some may find the straps slippery.
10. Best For Beginners And Experts: Goocrun Portable Pilates Bar Kit – Black
This multi-functional pilates bar kit is designed to give you a serious full-body workout without the need of going to the gym. Built for tension between 15 to 65 lbs, this comes with 3 sets of elastic bands for resistance that can be switched up or stacked as per your convenience. The pilates stick is made of 3 detachable steel pipes that are durable but lightweight. The stick also has hoisting straps on each side, whose length can be adjusted with buckles. The set also comes with a bag to carry the pilates bar kit around easily.
- Lightweight and durable
- Features 3 sets of elastic bands
- Pilates stick made of 3-set detachable pipes
- Adjustable hoisting straps on each end of stick
- Comes with a bag for ease of transport and storage
- May take some time to get used to
If you’re tired of the wear and tear of pilates bars then this is the best choice for you. With a steel pipe made of a thickened quality for durability and elastic bands that are not easy to damage, this pilates home kit is a dream for ones who like to get the maximum out of their kits. Plus the elastic pilates resistance bands are made of eco-friendly natural latex that is devoid of the nasty smell of cheap rubber too. With the option of adjusting the tension in the bands, this kit is great for both beginners and experts alike. The handles come with anti-skid foam that makes it safe and comfortable for use. And this is easy to assemble or stow away when needed.
- Made of thickened steel
- Eco-friendly latex
- Anti-skid handles
- Durable latex
- Suitable for beginners and experts
- The 2-way pilates stick might not be very compact.
And now that we have looked at our favorite 11 pilates bar kits that are an easy addition home workout routine, let us make it easier for you to buy one.
How To Choose The Best Pilates Bar Kit
Material of make
While most pilates sticks are made of high quality steel with a foam covering, rubber elastic bands, and nylon straps, some are made more durable by the use of carabiners instead of plastic buckles or hoisting straps and latex instead of rubber for the elastic bands. The material you choose depends on the kind of workout you are aiming for and its frequency of usage too.
Degree of compactness
While some pilates sticks come with 2 pipes, others come with 3 pipes, which are more compact when disassembled and folded. Which one you choose depends on the usage for it that you have in mind. If you are one to travel a lot with it, then it is advisable to buy something that is more portable and compact.
Flexibility of the resistance bands
While some know their exact preference of weight when it comes to their resistance bands, some like to keep it flexible. For the latter kind of people, it might help to buy a pilates bar kit that comes with adjustable resistance bands. Some pilates equipment also comes with 2 or 3 options of weights that users can switch up or stack, and some also have adjustable lengths. It is always good to buy an adjustable one to keep it flexible.
With that, buying the right pilates bar kit should have become easy for you. However, it is also very important to know how to use them correctly.
How Do You Use A Pilates Bar
- Step 1: Start by prepping for your Pilates workout at home by dressing right for it. Put on your gym clothes and sneakers and get a floor mat ready.
- Step 2: Take out your pilates bar kit and follow the instructions that come with it to assemble it correctly.
- Step 3: Ensure that you have the right fit for the resistance band and have secured them onto the pilates stick correctly by pulling at them to check.
- Step 4: Follow a trainer’s advice, a certified trainer’s workout video, or instructions for the chosen form of workout for you.
- Step 5: After your workout, disassemble the kit and store it away safely for later use.
Hitting the gym every day may not be possible. And for some of us, two hours of workout is not feasible to burn those stubborn calories. That is why every fitness enthusiast should have the best pilates bars at home. These equipment help you to perfect your curves and tone the muscles from the comfort of your home. They are also vital for strengthening your core. The products mentioned in our list are easy to assemble and made with durable material. Some of them feature non-slip hoops to ensure safety during the workout sessions. These pilates bars are easy to clean and come with detachable parts that you can adjust according to your preference. However, avoid pilates bars that may have slippery straps.
Why Trust StyleCraze?
Shreya Vishwanathan, the author of this article, is a fitness enthusiast experimenting with the latest products and brands. According to her, if you do not have time to hit the gym, all you need is a pilates bar kit to help you get toned bodies and the perfect silhouette. Shreya devoted hours of research and considered the feedback of multiple users worldwide to hand-pick the best pilates bar kits that you can easily use at home.
- Best Weighted Workout Bars To Keep You Fit
- Best Doorway Pull-Up Bars
- Exercises To Gain Weight: How To Bulk Up Muscle Mass Safely
- Best Home Exercises To Get Rid Of Flabby Arms