Several factors affect your sleep. The room temperature, surroundings, and noise levels are some of them. More important than these are peace of mind and relaxation. When you go to bed, it is important to unwind and relax, and there is one product that can help you achieve this. We are talking about pillow mists, products that have created a huge buzz in the marketplace.
What Are Pillow Mists?
Pillow mists are water-based mists infused with essential oils that relax your muscles and promote peaceful sleep throughout the night. Individuals struggling to fall asleep can use pillow mists. They calm and relax the mind, reduce anxiety, and improve sleep quality.
How Do Pillow Mists Help With Sleep?
Pillow mists are infused with essential oils that make use of the same principles as aromatherapy. Studies show that aromatherapy can improve sleep quality (1).
Pillow mists are great for restless sleepers as they calm down frayed eyes and help people fall asleep. These mists are generally made of herbal tonics and oils that create a calming sleep environment.
What Are The Benefits Of A Pillow Mist?
- A pillow mist is a great natural remedy for restless sleepers to fall asleep.
- It works as a personal diffuser that promotes sleep.
- The scents of essential oils in the mist are calming and relaxing and trigger sleep. These oils have a sedative effect and alleviate stress and anxiety as well.
10 Best Pillow Mists
Alleviate your mood with the ASUTRA Lavender & Chamomile Organic Essential Oil Blend Aromatherapy Mist. This mist is great for the face, body, pillows, rooms, and linens. The mist is made using gentle lavender and chamomile herbs that calm your mind and relax your body. You can also use this mist as a room or body spray. You may also use it on your sheets for creating a calming environment.
- Formulated with non-toxic and eco-friendly ingredients
- Made from gentle and soothing lavender and chamomile essential oils
- Free of toxic substances
- The scent might fade away quickly.
The Calm Sleep Mist Pillow Spray is a great smelling mist. It is made using pure essential oils of lavender, frankincense, chamomile, and clary sage. Lavender is known to instill deep relaxation and peace, while frankincense opens the breathing passages and calms your mind. Chamomile reduces anxiety and induces calmness, and clary sage reduces stress and anxiety and relieves pain. It is safe to use and has been evaluated by the Cosmetic Product Safety Report (CPSR), an independent safety assessor.
- No synthetic colors and fragrances
- The scent is more like that of a perfume.
No products found.
The Diva Stuff Anti-Bacterial Pillow Mist promotes clear skin, kills acne-causing bacteria, and improves sleep quality. Just like your hands, your pillow may spread germs and bacteria to your facial skin. But you can prevent it with this anti-bacterial mist. It also comes with the therapeutic and acne-eliminating effects of tea tree water and peppermint water. Tea tree water is naturally antiseptic and popular as an acne treatment, while peppermint water is known to cool the skin and combat bacterial growth.
- Contains natural ingredients
- Fights acne-causing bacteria
- Made using a calming fragrance of lavender, tea tree, hydrosol, and herbal water
- May not suit extremely sensitive skin.
If you love the calming and soothing fragrance of lavender oil, the RELAX Lavender Pillow Spray is worth giving a try. Spray the beautiful floral aroma into the air and breathe in the soothing benefits. The mist is made using French and Bulgarian lavender essential oils – both are known to reduce nervous tension and feelings of restlessness. The mist may also relieve feelings of anger, anxiety, and agitation. This lavender spray has a calming effect to slow down the overactive mind.
- Acts as a natural sedative and sleep aid.
- Leaves the room with very sweet floral earthy aroma.
- Comes with a 30-minute guided sleep audio to make you fall asleep faster.
- Mild fragrance and impact
Immerse yourself in the deep and soothing fragrance of lavender with this exotic lavender floral water mist. The mist spreads a nostalgic, floral aroma and is slightly mellow, like the blooming lavender fields. The calming scent of this mist gently whisks away anxiety and restlessness.
- Relieves dry, irritated scalp and dandruff problems
- Nourishes hair and refreshes scalp
- Induces peaceful sleep
- Short-lived fragrance that fades quickly.
Grab the Luna Lifestyle Premium Lavender Aromatherapy Spray and get a relaxing sleep. This spray works as a room spray or as a pillow mist. This spray contains 100% pure lavender oil to provide you with a deep sense of relaxation and peace. The spray also contains of coumarins that are known to soothe muscle pain, lower blood pressure, and act as a sedative for those with body tension or sleep problems.
- Provides the optimal environment for restful, deep sleep
- Toxin-free free
- 100% natural mist
- 10% of all profits are donated to philanthropic efforts
- Can be too strong and intense.
With the ultimate fragrance of lavenders and the goodness of clary sage, this awesome mist is can offer deep sleep and rejuvenation. The Marpac Yogasleep Premium Aromatherapy Linen And Pillow Spray is a blend of natural lavender, vanilla, and clary sage. The fragrance is delicate and highly satisfying. This mist comes in travel-sized bottles.
- Refreshes your body, mind, and bedsheets
- Unique blend of aromatherapy oils
- Has sedative, calming, and relaxing effects.
- Too mild fragrance
The Soothing Sleep Mist Lavender Pillow Spray contains lavender and clary sage essential oils and is Amethyst crystal and Reiki charged for a good night’s sleep. The mist is perfect for calming jangled nerves and anxiousness anytime. You can spray it on your pillows to relax your mind and body.
- Can also repel pests including, fleas, spiders, and mosquitoes
- No chemicals, dyes, or alcohol
- Not tested on animals
- Made using 100% pure essential oils of lavender and clary sage
- Amethyst Crystal and Reiki charged
- Doesn’t last for more than an hour.
The ThisWorks Deep Sleep Pillow Spray can help those dealing with insomnia. The mist helps reduce anxiety, soothes muscles, and aids sleep. It contains a superblend of proven actives from nature, botanical oils, and 100% natural essential oils, each aligned with a phase of the 24-hour body clock.
- No synthetic dyes and fragrances
- No propylene glycol
- Mineral oil-free
- Made using high profile botanical oils that are skin-friendly
- Dissipates quickly
Sleep tight and deeper with the Victoria’s Lavender Pillow And Linen Spray. This mist is made of pure lavender essential oil and is handmade in Oregon. It is made using pure lavender oil and offers long-lasting fragrance. Simply spray it on pillows and sheets to relax your mind and body and fall asleep naturally.
- Can help fight inflammation
- Has antibacterial properties
- You can also use the spray to freshen your room.
- Therapeutic grade essential oil
- Fragile and poor packaging.
Before you pick any of these pillow mists, you may want to know the precautions you need to take.
It is important to use the spray mist carefully. Do not spray it directly into your eyes or face. Do not spray too much of this mist on your pillows; use it moderately. Keep the mists away from children and flammable objects.
Pillow mists are a simple way to boost your sleep quality. These mists are inexpensive and yet offer important benefits. Ensure you do not use them on your body as they are not meant for that purpose.
That was our round-up of the 10 best pillow mists on the market. Take your pick and say hello to a relaxing and sound sleep.
Expert’s Answers For Readers’ Questions
Can I use a pillow mist as body spray?
Not all mists claim to be safe on sensitive skin. If the mist bottle mentions it is safe for use on skin, you may proceed. Otherwise, strictly limit it to linen and pillows.
Why does lavender smell bad?
Not everyone finds the smell of lavender pleasing and appealing. The smell of lavender can trigger a feeling of aversion and distaste in some people. Lavender doesn’t necessarily smell bad, but some people may not find it as relaxing as others.
Do essential oils help you sleep?
Essential oils have pleasing and aromatic scents, and aromatherapy is used as a healing technique to treat sleeplessness and insomnia. Aromatherapy treatment creates a soothing and relaxing environment that helps people fall asleep.
- Faydalı S, Çetinkaya F. The Effect of Aromatherapy on Sleep Quality of Elderly People Residing in a Nursing Home. Holist Nurs Pract. 2018;32(1):8–16. doi:10.1097/HNP.0000000000000244.
Latest posts by Harini Natarajan (see all)
- The 12 Best Faucet Water Filters – Reviews And Buying Guide - September 25, 2020
- The 10 Best Air Fresheners – Reviews - September 25, 2020
- The 10 Best Korean Oil Cleansers Of 2020 – Reviews & Buying Guide - September 25, 2020
- The 15 Best Vichy Skincare Products For Supple Skin – 2020 - September 25, 2020
- The 10 Best Oven Mitts – Reviews - September 23, 2020