Acne is a skin condition caused by the hair follicles on your skin getting clogged with oil, dirt, and dead skin cells. It may manifest as blackheads, pimples, or whiteheads. Certain strains of bacteria infect the clogged pores and skin surface to aggravate acne even further. Regular pillowcases and sheet covers collect dirt, oil, and acne-causing bacteria and may exacerbate this condition. Using an anti-acne pillowcase is a non-invasive, chemical-free, and safe way to combat this common problem. These pillowcases are made with materials that are antimicrobial, such as silk or bamboo. Innovative technologies infuse copper and silver ions into the fabric. Thus, they eliminate bacterial growth effectively and are 100% safe. Anti-acne pillowcases also absorb oil, sweat, and dirt and prevent your pores from getting clogged. They are hypoallergenic and do not irritate the skin. In fact, some of them have anti-aging benefits and prevent the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. They help in improving the skin texture and firmness, leading to younger-looking and acne-free skin.
We have put together a list of the 11 best pillowcases that can help you fight acne. Check them out below!
11 Best Pillowcases For Acne
Silvon Anti-Acne Pillowcase is woven with tiny silver-coated cotton threads that are sustainably grown and sourced. This 100% organic cotton fabric does not let acne-causing bacteria grow on its surface, thus helping you manage your acne and breakouts. This soft supima cotton has been tested for antimicrobial activity, and the results show that 99.7% of bacteria were eliminated from the pillowcase because the pure silver woven into the fabric inhibits their growth. An added bonus of this pillowcase is that the material is silky, breathable, and comfortable to sleep on as the silver threads are undetectable to touch. It can be washed in the machine and is easy to maintain.This dermatologically recommended pillowcase would be the perfect addition to your skin care routine.
- Made with 100% organic and sustainably-grown cotton
- Soft and comfortable fabric
- Machine-washable (on gentle cycle)
- Does not cause skin irritation
- Responsibly sourced
Kleen Fabrics Acne-Fighting Pillowcase is infused with patented Kleen Silver that does not wash out for a long time. This pillowcase uses pure, natural, and recycled silver salts that make this the world’s most advanced antimicrobial fabric. The 100% polyester threads are antimicrobial and protect you from mold, fungus, and mildew. The PurThread technology used in making this pillowcase is 100% safe and EPA-certified. It eliminates acne-causing bacteria and is particularly beneficial for people with acne-prone skin. This washable, odorless pillowcase has a thread count of 90 and is soft and comfortable, which helps you get your beauty sleep peacefully.
- 100% polyester
- Fights acne-causing bacteria
- Small in size
Alaska Bear Natural Silk Pillowcase is made with 100% pure mulberry silk. It is great for preventing acne, wrinkles, and frizzy hair. Dermatologists recommend silk pillowcases as they are gentle on the skin. This luxurious 600 thread-count silk pillowcase is handmade. The workmanship is fine, and the natural pillowcase feels soft and cool to the touch. It has a hidden zipper so that the pillow does not fall out. It is made to fit most queen-sized pillows (20″ x 30″). It is made with top-quality fabric that is naturally dyed and does not fade.
- Made with 100% pure mulberry silk
- Breathable yet insulating fabric
- Hidden zipper closure for a better fit
- Naturally dyed
- Does not fade
- Stains easily
Ravmix 100% Pure Mulberry Silk Pillowcase is made of 100% natural silk. Natural silk is great for your skin as it stimulates skin cell metabolism and fights the signs of aging. The fabric of this pillowcase has 18 kinds of organic ingredients that are skin-friendly and help the skin retain moisture. This helps your skin look young and smooth. These ingredients have natural antimicrobial properties and help in resisting the growth of dust mites, fungus, mold, and bacteria. This breathable pillowcase is hypoallergenic and suitable for people with sensitive skin. It comes with a hidden zipper to prevent the pillow from falling out. This silk pillowcase also protects your hair from friction, frizz, and breakage.
- Hidden zipper closure
- Reduces facial wrinkles
- Protect all hair types from friction, breakage, and frizz
- Soft and smooth texture
- Available in different colors and sizes
- Needs to be replaced frequently
ONYX Zinc Skin Repair Treatment Pillowcase is made of 100% Egyptian combed cotton sateen. This 500 thread-count pillowcase is embedded with zinc and natural minerals. This innovative technology helps treat skin conditions such as acne, seborrhea, eczema, and inflammation. It repairs and balances the sebum production in the skin. Its results are observed within two weeks. The silver ions and natural minerals in this pillowcase rejuvenate the skin by improving its firmness, radiance, and complexion. This therapeutic pillowcase is helpful in treating dandruff and hairfall as well by strengthening and regulating the oil production in the hair roots. This super-soft cotton pillowcase is antibacterial, anti-allergic, and antifungal in nature to help get rid of harmful bacteria, allergens, and other microbes. The ONYX Zinc Skin Repair Treatment Pillowcase helps in improving the quality of your skin and sleep.
- Made with 100% Egyptian cotton
- Repairs the skin
- Anti-aging properties
- Soft texture
- Improved sleep quality
- Prevents hair breakage
Noble Formula’s silver acne-fighting pillowcase offers protection against acne-causing bacterial strains, mold, fungus, and mildew. This antimicrobial pillowcase is made of washable polyester with a thread count of 90. It is infused with PurThread Silver Technology, so the silver does not wash out. This comfortable pillowcase helps in protecting your skin from bacteria that cause acne.
- Antibacterial fabric
- Infused with silver
- Does not fade
- Fights odor
- Unsatisfactory texture
The original Hygenie pillowcase is infused with positively-charged silver ions that kill 99.9% of germs. The ionic silver embedded in the fabric prevents the growth of microbes and odor-causing bacteria. This pillowcase provides a clean surface for your face. It helps in fighting acne and allergens that can damage your skin. The fabric stays fresh and soft even after multiple washes. The lightweight and breathable material allows you to have a comfortable sleep.
- Ionic silver-embedded cotton blend
- Stays fresh and soft after multiple washes
- Blocks allergens
- Takes long to show results
- Not suitable for all skin types
Colorado Home Co Silk Pillowcase is made with high-quality mulberry silk that contains 18 natural amino acids which help in boosting cellular metabolism and skin rejuvenation. They repair the skin by preventing loss of moisture, reducing fine lines and wrinkles, and fighting acne-causing bacteria. This pillowcase is smooth and gentle on sensitive skin and regulates its temperature so that you can sleep comfortably. It is good for your hair – especially curly hair – and prevents breakage and hair loss. The soft satin-like feel of this silk pillowcase reduces friction and controls frizz.
- 100% mulberry silk
- Prevents excessive moisture loss
- Prevent sleep lines and wrinkles
- Helps you sleep better
- Soft and comfortable
- Prevents hair breakage and hair loss
- Suitable for sensitive skin
Real Nature Fight-Acne Pillowcase is made with 95% soft and renewable A-grade cotton fabric and 5% pure silver thread. This acne-fighting pillowcase helps you clear your skin and get comfortable sleep. The silver ions in it attach to the DNA of the microbes to destroy them. Inactivating the acne-causing bacteria helps in preventing acne, breakouts, and wrinkles. The luxuriously soft silk reduces friction and helps in preventing wrinkles, fine lines, and crow’s feet. This pillowcase reduces moisture loss, leading to soft and younger-looking skin. It is also durable, comfortable, and anti-inflammatory in nature!
- Reduces inflammation
- Prevents acne breakouts
- Repairs the skin
- Discrepancy in size measurements
New meil Silver Acne Pillowcase is made with silver technology that eliminates acne-causing bacteria. The 100% pure natural silver is antimicrobial in nature and does not wash off or fade over time. This lightweight pillowcase does not accumulate dirt and grime, thus staying fresh and clean. This hypoallergenic silver pillowcase also protects your skin against inflammation. Its soft cotton is blended with silver, making this pillowcase comfortable, breathable, skin-friendly, and odorless. It case keeps your skin cool and lets you sleep peacefully.
- 95% cotton
- 100% pure natural silver
- The quality of the material can be improved
EXQ Home Satin Pillowcase is made with 100% polyester in a satin weave. It has fine stitching and an envelope closure that secures the pillow snugly in place. This dermatologically-recommended pillowcase can help in clearing up acne and allergies. Its fabric is smooth and does not wrinkle. This reduces friction, which helps in keeping your skin and hair free from static. Its smooth and soft fabric help reduce the signs of aging, like wrinkles and crow’s feet. It also prevents hair loss, knotting, and breakage. The gentle fabric of the pillowcase reduces hair frizz and helps in maintaining hairstyles, as well. This satin polyester pillowcase does not fade or shrink and can be washed easily in the machine. It is available in multiple colors. The soft, breathable material is perfectly suitable for all seasons.
- High quality
- Does not fade
- Does not shrink
- Prevents hair frizz
- Easy to maintain
- Dermatologically recommended
- Suitable for all seasons
- May tear easily
That was our round-up of the best acne-fighting pillowcases. There are certain materials that help in fighting acne. Let us find out which pillowcase materials do not exacerbate acne and breakouts and help in maintaining your skin health.
Types Of Pillowcases That Do Not Aggravate Acne
- Silver Ions: Pillowcases made with silver ions are antibacterial in nature. These silver salts enter the acne-causing bacterial strain Propionibacterium acnes and bind to their genetic material (DNA) to deactivate them, thus stopping their growth and proliferation. These silver ions are hypoallergenic, non-irritating, and non-toxic to the skin. Most anti-acne pillowcases use these silver ions in their fabric to help eliminate acne.
- Silk: It is a naturally antibacterial and anti-allergic fabric that does not harbor bacteria and germs. Silk also absorbs oil and helps in retaining moisture in the skin. This helps balance the oil levels of the skin. Oily skin attracts more dirt and grime and is also more prone to acne. Silk also does not chafe or irritate the skin as it is soft and hypoallergenic in nature.
- Synthetic Silk: It mimics the feel and softness of silk but is man-made. It is usually made with poly-cotton and microfiber. Pillowcases made with synthetic silk are less expensive than natural silk pillowcases. They can also absorb oil and help in fighting acne.
- Copper Oxide: Pillowcases infused with copper oxide provide anti-aging benefits to the skin. Copper ions boost skin cell renewal by stimulating the production of collagen and elastin, which are integral to skin structure and health. They help in keeping your skin soft, firm, and youthful. Copper oxide is moisturizing and gentle on the skin. It does not cause allergic reactions as it has hypoallergenic properties.
- Bamboo: Bamboo is a natural material that is antimicrobial and hypoallergenic in nature. It absorbs sweat and oil that can aggravate acne. Bamboo pillowcases are soft on the skin and help in preventing wrinkles. They can also regulate their temperature, so you have a cool surface to sleep comfortably on throughout the night.
Using an anti-acne pillowcase can help in keeping acne at bay. These pillowcases are antimicrobial and hypoallergenic in nature and gentle on the skin. They are also safe and easy to maintain. They can help you clear your skin and keep it away from oil, dirt, and sweat as you sleep. Try out one of these acne-fighting pillowcases and let us know about your experience in the comments section below!
- The 10 Best Silk Pillowcases For Healthier Skin And Hair – Top Picks For 2021
- Practice These 9 Habits Before Going To Bed, And See Dramatic Changes In Your Beauty!