Like your body, your facial skin requires extra care and attention while pregnant. During pregnancy, you tend to face many hormonal issues that show up on your skin in the form of oily skin, breakouts, and hyperpigmentation. The ultimate way to keep these problems at bay is to start using the best pregnancy-safe acne products that will treat all your skin woes without affecting the baby.
Also, if you are pregnant, you should make sure that the products you use should be free from harmful ingredients like retinoids and steroids. However, finding a pregnancy-safe acne product void of any harmful chemicals might be difficult for you, given the myriad options available online. So, to save you from all the unnecessary stress, we have rounded up the 7 best pregnancy-safe acne products that will keep acne and blemishes at bay.
Keep scrolling to check them out and pick the right one for you now!
In This Article
7 Best Pregnancy-Safe Products For Glowing And Healthy Skin
1. Best For Stretchmarks: Bio-Oil Skincare Oil
The Bio-Oil Skincare Oil is considered one of the best pregnancy-safe acne products and is highly recommended to improve the appearance of stretch marks, dark spots, and acne scars. The oil is jam-packed with moisturizing ingredients like vitamin A oil, vitamin E oil, chamomile oil, sunflower oil, and lavender oil. The combination of natural oils promotes collagen formation and helps with skin renewal by increasing its elasticity. The oil is excellent for healing inflammatory acne scars and keeping your skin soft. Made from safe active ingredients, your mommy skin will be safe and moisturized. If you are an absolute beginner, this video review might be useful.
- Fades acne scars and stretchmarks
- Contains natural oils
- Evens out the skin tone
- Suitable for all skin tones
- Not cruelty-free
2. Best For All Skin Types: Avarelle Acne Cover Patch
Acne patches are a Godsend for pregnant and breastfeeding women who are constantly breaking out. The Avarelle pimple patches are great because they contain tea tree extract that eliminates acne-causing bacteria, and they also include hydrocolloids, which dry out the pimple. In addition, the patches go on fast, and the ultra-thin material has a transparent finish. They are unscented and suitable for all skin types, as well.
- It contains hydrocolloid and tea tree extract
- Suitable for all skin types
- On-the-go design
- The adhesive is not long-lasting
3. Best For Deep Cleansing: TreeActiv Cystic Acne Spot Treatment
Get your hands on this acne spot treatment, and we know you won’t regret it! This is an excellent product for cystic acne during pregnancy. The product contains acne-fighting ingredients like tea tree, aloe vera, lemon, grapefruit, radish root, peppermint, and eucalyptus, and together they help reduce sebum and leave your skin feeling refreshed. The mask does a great job at unclogging pores because it contains sulfur and bentonite clay. It is a must-buy product for treating acne during pregnancy.
- Contains plant-based ingredients
- Deep cleansing
- Deals with active breakouts
- Reduces inflammation
- Not suitable for sensitive skin
4. Best For Daily Use: Bio-Pure Honeyskin oil
If you are looking to reduce the appearance of acne scars and stretch marks, this oil will be perfect for your pregnancy skincare routine. It includes jojoba seed oil and rosehip seed oil, which penetrate deep within the skin’s layers and stimulate the body’s collagen production. Regular use of this oil will result in smooth and supple skin, along with an even skin tone. This oil also contains sweet honey almond oil that stimulates new skin cell production and smoothes fine lines.
- Enhances your skin tone
- Stimulates collagen production
- Diminishes acne scars and stretch mark appearance
- Fast absorbing
- May leave a sticky residue
5. BestAllergy-Tested: Belli Acne Control Spot Treatment
Hormonal breakouts and sensitive skin can be a pain during pregnancy, especially when expecting that beautiful glow that mothers-to-be are said to have. But, with this product, you can expect beautiful glowing skin while keeping acne at bay. The spot treatment includes colloidal sulfur, tea tree oil, and chamomile, which is fast-absorbing and keeps the skin clear. Within no time, you will be flaunting your flawless skin and pregnancy glow with pride!
- Paraben and gluten-free
- Allergy tested
- It does not contain glycolic acid, glycolic acid, or benzoyl peroxide
- Fast absorbing
- May not work on active breakouts
6. Best Moisturizing: Fiery Youth Stretch Marks Lotion
This lotion is excellent for reducing the appearance of stretch marks that occur during pregnancy. It contains natural ingredients like centella asiatica extract and no added fragrance. It also contains vitamin E, B3 + B5, and C, which reduce freckles, discoloration, and increases the skin’s firmness and elasticity. If this is not all, it is suitable for all skin types, making it a must-have skincare essential for pregnant and breastfeeding women.
- Suitable for all skin types
- It contains natural and safe ingredients
- Moisturizing formula
- It does not have any added fragrance
- Not long-lasting
7. Best Paraben-Free: Bella B Foaming Facewash
If you are looking for safe facial cleansers during pregnancy, this is a good choice. It contains pharmaceutical-grade tea tree oil, along with natural emollients like shea and aloe, which combat acne breakouts and leave your skin feeling soft and supple. It also has pomegranate, green tea, and acai berry, rich in antioxidants, and leaves your skin looking hydrated and radiant with every wash.
- Suitable for sensitive acne-prone skin
- Contains organic ingredients
- Fragrance may be overpowering to some
Now that you have gone through the best 7 pregnancy-safe acne products, you must know the essential factors to look for before deciding on your purchase. This is where you can use our buying guide because it will help you choose the product that suits your needs the best.
How To Choose Pregnancy-Safe Acne Products
It can be pretty tricky to navigate the right ingredients that will work with your skin when it comes to breakouts, especially when you’re pregnant. Look for natural ingredients that have antibacterial properties and moisturize your skin as well. Tea-tree oil, green tea extract, vitamin E, and vitamin A are ideal ingredients.
- Sun protection
This is an essential factor, and you need to look for mineral-based sunscreens for protection. Don’t forget to wear clothes that protect you from the sun, like a wide-brimmed hat and a long-sleeved outfit.
Always discuss the safety of the skincare products with your OB/GYN before you decide on the product. Talk about the results you want, and discuss the skincare routine to know what will work for you and what will not.
What Kind Of Acne Products Should Avoid During Pregnancy?
During pregnancy, there are certain ingredients that you must avoid, as they can harm your baby’s health and cause complications. For example, high doses of salicylic acid, hydroquinone, retinol, benzoyl peroxide, and chemical sunscreens must be avoided during pregnancy and the postnatal period.
Breakouts, hyperpigmentation, acne scars, and stretch marks are inevitable during pregnancy. Hence, it would help establish a suitable skincare routine that makes you look and feel good during this new chapter of life. It will help if you start by eliminating what won’t work for you during the next few months and consult with your doctor on what will suit your skin. Once you have the ingredients sorted, you can check our list for the perfect products to add to your routine. Hopefully, our reviews and buying guide will help you make a good decision and result in soft as well as glowing skin.
Why Trust StyleCraze?
The author of this article, Kirtana Divakar, is a skincare aficionado who believes in bringing premium quality products to her readers. She understands that hormonal imbalances during pregnancy can cause breakouts. To help her readers out, she has gone through multiple reviews on trusted online forums and carefully curated this list of the best pregnancy-safe acne products out there. These products are made from natural ingredients that keep your skin healthy, are safe to use, and are suitable for all skin types.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to use acne products while pregnant?
Yes, it is safe to use acne products while pregnant. However, avoid products with high doses of salicylic acid, hydroquinone, retinol, and benzoyl peroxide.
Is it safe to use topical benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid during pregnancy?
Yes, topical benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid are safe during pregnancy, but only in percentages suggested by your doctor.
Can I use vitamin c serum while pregnant?
Yes, vitamin C skin care is safe during pregnancy.
How to get rid of acne during pregnancy?
• Use a mild face cleanser.
• Avoid overwashing because it removes your skin’s natural moisture.
• Avoid squeezing or scrubbing pimples, whiteheads, or blackheads.
• Moisturize your skin to keep it hydrated and nourished.
• Go for oil-free skin care products.
• Apply pregnancy-safe sunscreen regularly.
• Drink plenty of water to keep your skin hydrated.
Can I use acne spot treatment while pregnant?
Yes. Acne spot treatment is safe during pregnancy. Only small amounts of the ingredients in topical acne treatments are absorbed into the skin, posing no risk to the developing baby.
- Bio-oil skin care oil is one of the safest products for pregnant people, and it helps improve stretch marks, dark spots, and acne scars.
- Acne during pregnancy is common. So, you can use pregnancy-safe products, like TreeActiv cystic acne spot treatment or Belli acne control spot treatment during this period.
- If you are looking for a pregnancy-safe facewash, Bella B foaming face wash is one of the best options on the market.
- Best Pregnancy-Safe Cosmetic Products Of All Time
- Best Recommended Pregnancy-Safe Foundations
- Best Body Washes For Pregnancy
- Best Stretch Mark Creams That You Must Buy