If you are born with natural 2B hair, consider yourself lucky because people pay a lot to get the finished looks of 2B hair. Getting yourself the best products for 2B hair can help you look absolutely gorgeous without having to step out of your home. Maintaining 2B hair is not as easy as it seems as it is straight from the roots but starts to curl at the tips. As gorgeous as it looks, it can get frizzy and mismanaged pretty quickly. They also tend to add volume with the mildest exposure to humidity. If you have been looking for products that help maintain the curls without getting frizzy and dry, we have everyone you could ever ask for. Go through our list of 11 specially curated products that help you keep your 2B hair picture perfect always.
In This Article
The 11 Best Products For 2B Hair in 2022
1. Best For Frizz Control: OGX Locking + Coconut Curls Air Dry Cream
If you want to style your hair without any frizz or damage, this Coconut Curls Air-Dry Cream is a product that will offer a natural shine and bounce to your hair. Especially, if you are struggling to battle frizz and want tight and smooth curls, apply this dry cream whenever you want to style your hair for a special occasion or an everyday look. The cream is enriched with the goodness of coconut oil and shea butter that hydrate and nourish the dry scalp and reduce frizz. Give it a try, and bring your good hair day to life! If you want to know more about how OGX Locking+Coconut Curls Air Dry Cream works, do check out this YouTube video.
- Hydrates dry scalp
- Enriched with coconut oil and shea butter
- Prevents breakage and frizz while styling
- Offers shine and natural bounce
- Has a refreshing scent
- Feels heavy and greasy on thin hair
2. Best For Detangling: Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk
One of the common problems for women with 2B hair is hair tangling and knotting. If your hair often looks like dreadlocks, you can use this coconut and hibiscus styling milk to de-tangle your hair. This styling milk gently removes knots and leaves you with loose and bouncy hair. The milk is loaded with the nourishment of shea butter, hibiscus, and coconut to repair your damaged and unmanageable hair. This multi-benefit milk will reduce damage, soften, and will also give definition to your wavy hair. If you need further convincing on how Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk works to detangle hair, check out this YouTuber’s review.
- Great for detangling hair
- Nourishing milk prevents frizz and damage during styling
- Offers a silky smooth texture to hair
- It has a mild scent
- Consistency of the product is extremely thick
3. Best Non-Sicky Hair Gel: Schwarzkopf Got2B Glued Invincible Styling Hair Gel
If you love styling your hair but are worried about damage, you should give this styling hair gel a try! This styling gel is formulated for curly and wavy hair and features a non-sticky and flaky formula that holds the hair in place without causing damage to the roots. The gel is excellent for pulling off a variety of hairstyles and will run out quickly with a little shampoo. So if you are looking for a premium-grade styling gel that can style your hair without causing any damage, this is the gel to choose. In this YouTube video, you will find a detailed review of the Schwarzkopf Got2B Glued Invincible Styling Hair Gel.
- Offers great hold
- Features a non-sticky and no-flake formula
- Easily comes off with a shampoo and conditioner
- Great for extremely curly or frizzy hair
- Hair might feel stiff
- Not for daily use
4. Best For Curl Definition: Schwarzkopf Got2B Kinkier Curling Mousse
Are you craving for bouncy and voluminous hair? This curling mousse is a fantastic weightless product that will define your locks and prevent frizz with ease. The mousse works on curly, kinky, and wavy hair and adds incredible shine and bounce to the hair. The mousse works primarily on hair that gets messy and wild when you use styling products on them. Its powerful formula will hold the waves and curls tight without making the strands feel tight. So if you want to style your hair while making its texture smooth, this is a great product.
- Eliminates frizz and defines curly and wavy hair
- Makes strands feel weightless and shinier
- Does not make the hair feel sticky or greasy
- Manages wild and messy curls effortlessly
- Doesn’t work for super straight and silky hair
5. Best For Restoring Texture: Curls Blueberry Bliss Reparative Leave-In Conditioner
If you think that wearing your natural hair is cool, but the frizz would not let you do it, this reparative leave-in conditioner will do miracles to your hair. Some products work effortlessly on curly hair, and this leave-in conditioner is the one that will improve the texture of your natural hair and will give you the confidence to wear it natural! The conditioner is formulated with grapeseed oil, coconut oil, blueberry extracts, and mango butter to restore hydration and condition natural curls.
- Prevents damage and restores the texture of curly or frizzy hair
- Enriched with organic ingredients
- Great for curly, wavy, and frizzy hair types
- Easily absorbed
- Has a refreshing scent
- May tangle your hair if you don’t wash the hair for long
6. Best Curl Revitalizer: Cantu Shea Butter For Natural Hair Comeback Curl Next Day Curl Revitalizer
As the name suggests, this product revitalizes hair strands and refreshes the curls. When you have curly or wavy hair, it is essential to incorporate a hair care product in your routine that moisturizes and revives hair. This product is enriched with the richness of shea butter to keep your hair frizz-free, smooth, and defined. It also creates a touchable hold and adds more shiner to your strands. So if you want to style your hair for more than 1-2 days, this gel will offer a strong hold without making the strands feel hard and dull.
- Has a fabulous scent of tropical coconut
- Offers lasting and frizz-free curls
- Does not harden the hair
- Adds volume and softness to tight curls
- Runny consistency
7. Best Anti-Static Hairbrush: Tresfully Yours Wet Detangling FlexiGlide Hair Brush
When it comes to taking care of curly or wavy hair, you might want to consider using the right hairbrush along with the right styling and cleaning products. When you brush your hair with the wrong brush, it can make your hair look frizzier and messier. This hairbrush is designed for coily, kinky, curly, and wavy hair and helps reduce frizz. The comb features anti-static pin bristles that can easily detangle curly hair while preventing hair breakage. As a bonus, you can also use it in the shower to massage the scalp.
- Curved and lightweight comb with durable bristles
- Has a rubber paddle handle for ease of use
- Prevents breakage and shedding
- Great for massaging the scalp
- It is designed as a fine-toothed comb
8. Best Hydrating Formula: Shea Moisture Papaya and Neroli All Day Frizz Control Milk Gel
Give your curly hair protection from humidity with this natural Papaya Neroli Milk Gel from Shea Moisture. It will not only give you frizz-free curls but also keep your hair moisturized and shiny. It contains papaya, neroli, elderflower, and shea butter that work together to lock in moisture and control frizz, giving you natural-looking, well-defined curls. The shea butter provides intense hydration to your thirsty curls without making them greasy. The gel can be used on dry or wet hair to hold your curls for a long-lasting, stylish look.
- Does not weigh down hair
- All day frizz control
- Strong scent
9. Best For Shine: Cantu Shea Butter Super Shine Hair Silk
If you want to make your curls or wavy hair look super shiny and bouncy, leave it to this super shine hair silk serum. This shea butter enriched fluid comes with a fresh formula that hydrates the scalp and offers touchable and bouncy hair without feeling crunchy. It fights frizz and delivers long-lasting moisture. This gel works miracles on color-treated, permed, or textured hair too. Apart from this, the fluid feels weightless and super soft on the strands, so you’ll end up getting bouncy and shinier curls!
- Smoothing and nourishing fluid
- Lightweight and non-sticky formula
- Makes hair feel bouncy and soft
- Prevents build-up and locks styles
- Works only for a short time
10. Best Heat Protection: Schwarzkopf Got2B Guardian Angel Flat Iron Balm With Gloss Finish
If you are having a hard time styling your wavy and curly hair, this flat iron balm will help you straighten and style your strands in a hassle-free manner. The balm is formulated with 425 heat protection and is excellent for styling the hair with utmost care. Flat irons can significantly cause damage to your hair, and this premium-grade balm will protect your hair while preventing frizz and roughness. Along with protection, it also provides incredible shine and softness to your locks.
- Protects the hair from damage and breakage
- Offers 425 heat protection
- Adds shine and smoothness to hair
- Controls frizz and messy hair
- Works for all hair types
- Watery formula
11. Best Lightweight: Curlsmith Hold Me Softly Style Balm
Light hold and soft curls are every curly girl’s dream. This soft styling balm from Curlsmithhelps you achieve just that. It is enriched with rosemary oil, apricot kernel oil, olives, and avocado that give you ultra-soft, bouncy curls with a lightweight hold. It also controls frizz and adds shine, making your curls look natural and absolutely gorgeous.
- Does not leave residue
- Does not leave hair crunchy
- Mineral oil-free
Curly hair looks attractive. But when you have type 2B curls, you need extra care to maintain the hair strands healthy. The products listed above hydrate your dry scalp, prevent hair breakage and frizz, and remove tangles. Some of these products effectively remove the knots and repair the damaged hair, while some shine the hair and boost the hair strands. Some formulae improve the hair texture. However, consider investing in the hair products that also define the curls and waves. And stay away from the hair products that have a watery consistency.
Why Trust StyleCraze?
Vaishnavi Kothuri, the author, is a beauty and hair care fanatic. And so, she ensures that her readers receive the highest quality information by using her skills in writing product articles on beauty and hair care. She’s produced a list of the best products for 2B hair to help you keep your locks looking great without going to the salon. After studying and comparing customer feedback and user experiences online, she chose these products. This post also offers a description of each product, as well as its benefits and drawbacks, to assist you in selecting the best.
Frequently Asked Questions
How often should I wash 2b hair?
Washing 2b hair once in three days works perfectly well for keeping your hair and scalp clean.
How do I moisturize my 2b hair?
The best way to moisturize 2b hair is by applying a moisturizing hair mask that offers deep-conditioning to prevent frizz and also adds shine, and volume. Look for ingredients such as shea butter, mango butter, argan oil, coconut oil, avocado oil, etc. .
Is a leave-in conditioner good for 2b hair?
Yes. Since this type of hair has the tendency to get frizzy, using a leave-in conditioner can help control the texture making it smooth and shiny.
How can I make my 2b hair curlier?
You can use products that are free of sulfates and parabens. Also, look for products that impart enough protein to allow your curls to stay intact without weighing them down. Also, look for moisturizing ingredients like oils and shea butter to nourish your curls.
How can I make my 2b hair look good?
To improve the quality of your 2B hair you can follow the steps given below:
1. Use a sulfate-free shampoo to beat frizz.
2. Add the right type of leave-in product post-wash to maintain the curl pattern .
3. Opt for a wide-toothed comb or brush.
4. Blow dry your hair only with a diffuser.
5. Avoid straightening the hair too much to prevent heat damage,
- Must-Have Products For Wavy Hair
- Best Drugstore Products For Curly Hair
- Best Products For 2C Curly Hair
- Best Hair Butters For Every Curl Type
- Best Cantu Hair Products For Curly, Wavy, And Coily Hair!