Best scalp serums for hair growth might be your go-to search on the internet if you have issues with hair fall and hair growth. You could be looking for these products either because you’ve begun to notice that you’re losing hair faster than usual or due to thinning hair. You may opt for hair treatments in most cases but shy away from them as they are pretty expensive. Scalp serums come across as a cheaper and more cost-effective alternative that you can easily afford. You save the hassle of going to the saloon and conveniently do it from the comfort of your home. With a dime, a dozen brands claiming to be the best, getting confused is quite common. To clear your confusion, check out our list of the best scalp serums for hair growth.
In This Article
Top 11 Best Scalp Serums For Hair Growth In 2020
This Herstyler Hair Repair Serum gives your hair a beautiful makeover by providing shine to your hair, removing dryness and frizz, and reducing other damage caused to your hair. Get stunning smooth and glossy hair with this lightweight, super-nourishing hair serum that features a blend of vitamin E and aloe vera. Treat your frizz, tame your hair, untangle your strands, and reduce split ends with the best hair serum you can ever find. Plus, restore the shine your hair has been missing all this while, with this product.
- Prevents frizz and dryness
- Increases elasticity of hair
- Restores shine
- Ideal for daily use
- Might have a strong and unpleasant smell
This PURA D’OR Scalp Serum is clinically tested and provides a permanent solution from thinning of hair. It reduces breakage and increases the volume of your hair too. This product is rich in natural ingredients and contains a blend of niacin, argan oil, biotin, antioxidants, and other beneficial ingredients. It promotes healthy hair and strengthens it too. This product can be used daily without the fear of it damaging your hair as it is made without any harsh chemicals.
- No harmful chemicals
- Safe for color-treated hair
- Might be a bit oily
This Jane Carter scalp serum is a 100% natural scalp healer as it is made from essential oils and herbal extracts that nourish your hair and prevent scalp dryness. This serum is very soothing to the scalp and ensures quick healing. This eco-friendly serum can make your hair manageable and beautiful. You can check this YouTube video for more information about the product.
- Smells great
- Nourishes your scalp
- Treats itchy scalp
- Offers faster results
- The dropper might not be easy to use initially.
This Fantasia Naturals Scalp Serum is known for reducing frizz and outbreaks on your scalp. This hair-replenishing product has the goodness of vitamins, minerals, and aloe vera. It can provide relief from any discomfort that you may experience if you have dry scalp. Nourish and moisturize your hair with this leave-in serum, which is suitable for all hair types. If you are still unsure about purchasing, you can check out a review of this product on YouTube.
- Smells nice
- Ensures fast results
- Reduces scalp itchiness
- Minimizes dryness
- Might not be suitable for sensitive scalp
Klorane hair serum offers instant scalp improvement and provides comfort to sensitive scalp. This product is lightweight and is formulated with natural ingredients. This serum is easy to apply and smells fresh. Your sensitive and irritated scalp will get the best treatment with this product as it provides immediate scalp comfort that lasts for up to 24 hours. You can check out this YouTuber’s review of the product if you require more convincing.
- Soothing effect on the scalp
- Suitable for sensitive and dry scalp
- Might be a bit oily
This Briogeo scalp serum is naturally formulated with ingredients that provide relief from dryness, itchiness, and flakes found on your scalp. It helps get rid of impurities and promotes the fullness of hair. This formula has the goodness of biotin, which is rich in B-complex vitamin, that strengthens your hair follicles and prevents oily scalp by normalizing the oil production, giving you soft and healthy hair. It is also infused with peppermint, tea tree, and spearmint oils that soothe your scalp, reduce irritation, and help maintain a healthy pH level.
- Suitable for treated hair
- Paraben and gluten-free
- Cleanses hair
- Keeps hair healthy
- Has vitamins and nutrients that nourish the scalp
- Might not be suitable for sensitive scalp and for people with allergies
This Macadamia Professional scalp serum is famous for its sulfate, gluten and paraben-free properties that prevent hair damage and promote healthy hair. The nourishment provided by this serum makes your hair look fuller and thicker. It also adds volume to your hair, thanks to the antioxidants present in it. These ingredients also reduce the harmful effects of oxidative stress and prevent the aging of your hair and scalp.
- Soothes scalp
- Protects hair from damage
- Optimal hair growth
- Reduces hair fall
- Suitable for color-treated hair
- Might leave white flaky residue on the scalp
This anti-hair thinning scalp serum by ColorProof works well for both genders and is safe for use as it’s made from natural ingredients and is drug-free. There is no sulfate added to the serum, and the serum leaves no greasiness or stickiness behind. This product is infused with biotin that can repair your scalp in no time. All you need to do is take a few drops and apply it twice a week to your damp hair. Pamper yourself by massaging it well on your scalp.
- 100% vegan
- Removes dead skin cells
- Heat protection factor
- Designed for color-treated hair
- Cleanses the hair by removing build-up and impurities
- Creates thicker and fuller hair with more volume
- Might not be suitable for sensitive skin
This So Cozy scalp serum is ideal for individuals with a sensitive scalp and for kids too. This serum is safe for everyday use and provides a healthy scalp environment. It optimizes the pH balance in your scalp without leaving any oily residue besides strengthening and moisturizing your hair follicles. This serum provides relief from flakes and itchiness, thus reducing scalp irritation. It is enriched with vitamins that hydrate and nourish your hair, promoting hair growth.
- Improves scalp health
- Might cause dryness on the scalp
As I Am Long And Luxe Scalp Serum is known for its scalp rejuvenation properties. It has a unique formula that increases hair length and prevents itchiness. This serum is enriched with biotin, aloe vera, pomegranate butter, and other wonderful ingredients. Detoxify your hair with this serum that will promote healthy hair and provide smoothness and shine.
- Prevents scalp dryness
- Cleanses the scalp
- Promotes hair growth
- Softens hair
- Detangles hair
- Might not smell great
Infused with olive oil and tea tree, this hair serum has anti-dandruff properties, which is known to promote hair growth and can fight bacterial infections. This product is packed with vitamins and minerals that offer nourishment to your hair and boosts healthy scalp.
- Removes itchiness
- Moisturizes dry skin and scalp
- Removes excess dirt
- Nourishes hair
- Some people may not like the fragrance.
Different serums are suitable for different hair types; hence it is essential to understand what your hair needs and then purchase the right serum for your beautiful hair.
How To Choose The Right Scalp Serum
- Serums for split ends: If you have split ends, then use a serum that has keratin content. It will help repair the damage caused to hair follicles and prevent the strands from breaking.
- Serums for heat and pollution: If you happen to live in a hot and humid climate, you must take special care of your hair. Scalp serums that contain jojoba oils and lavender are the best as they nourish the hair and add shine to it. These serums are extremely lightweight and provide protection from heat.
- Serums for chronically dry hair: Extremely dry hair requires nourishment and care. Oil-based serums don’t work well for such hair types. Cream-based serums are the ideal options and don’t weigh down the hair but instead moisturize it. These serums can be applied on damp as well as dry hair, making it nourished and shiny.
- Serums for thick and textured hair: Thick hair demands more hydration; hence serums that are infused with argan oil and Moroccan oil are the go-to serums. These tame your tresses and lend a healthy and shiny look.
- Serums for curly hair: Curls tend to get frizzy and are difficult to handle. Therefore, serums that provide moisturization are what you need the most. Serums that are formulated with hydrating oils such as jojoba, argan, marula, and sweet almond are the best options for curly hair.
- Serum for colored hair: Chemically-treated and colored hair requires lightweight, cream-based serums, which do not contain silicone and have the goodness of jojoba, coconut, and argan oils along with green tea extract.
How to Apply Scalp Serum
- Start applying the serum from the ends of your hair and avoid the roots.
- There are specific serums that are formulated for scalp application.
- Just dab a little amount on the hair lengths, and you are good to go.
- You can apply the serum on wet as well as on dry hair.
Tips For Using Hair/Scalp Serum
- Always wash your hair before you apply hair serum as it can cause build-up and make your hair greasy and oily.
- Little is more! Hence don’t apply an excess amount of serum as it can damage your hair.
Using a hair shampoo that makes your hair clean and bouncy and then expecting it to cleanse your scalp and make it healthy is just not fair! Scalp requires separate care. Shampoos alone can’t keep the scalp clean. Adding scalp serums to your routine can help you get rid of scalp problems like dandruff, psoriasis, and dermatitis. These products are usually are lightweight and soothing. Some of the scalp serums on our list are vegan, paraben-free, and suitable for sensitive scalp. So, read the reviews above carefully before narrowing down on your most suitable pick.
Why Trust StyleCraze?
The author, Kirtana Divakar, is a hair care enthusiast and loves trying out products that improve hair and scalp quality. She suggests these best scalp serums for hair growth for those looking for ways to regrow their hair. She has done comprehensive research on hair serums for her readers to pick the best ones for this list. The serums are easy to include in your hair care routine and show effective results too.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does scalp serum work?
Scalp serums promote the growth of hair follicles and improve the health of the scalp. The ingredients improve blood circulation and moisturize the scalp to give shinier and healthy-looking hair.
Does serum cause hair loss?
Some serums can dry out your hair and cause hair fall if used for a prolonged period. Hence, you must bear in mind that a good-quality hair serum must be used and in the right manner to avoid hair breakage.
Can I use scalp serum daily?
It is recommended by hair specialists to use hair serums on special occasions and not daily. It can be used after every wash. But if you have extremely frizzy and unmanageable hair, then you can use oil-based hair serums every day.