Living rooms are meant for entertaining, conversing with friends and family and sometimes perfect for a nap in the day time. The sofa is always the centerpiece of the living room and can direct the theme for the rest of furniture as well as the decor. Sometimes, the layout of the living room does not support traditional sofa sets that need to be placed at a good distance from each, which brings us to the next best thing, sectional sofas!
The best sectional sofa is one that lets you choose how you want to configure yet, gives you freedom to change the layout of the sofa from time to time. It is upholstered with fabric that can tolerate wear and tear. We have prepared for you an ultimate list of the 9 best modular sectional sofas! Read on to know more.
Top 9 Best Sectional Sofas Of 2020 And How To Pick Them
The HONBAY Convertible Sectional Sofa Couch is a space-saving sectional sofa that is also reversible. The size is ideal for small apartments, dorm suites, a room in the loft or a small doctor’s waiting-area. This apartment-size sectional sofa is convertible and can become a sofa chaise without using any tools. Simply move the ottoman around and experiment with three different configurations, left side chaise lounge, right side chaise lounge or a three seater sofa with an ottoman centre table. The sofa dimensions are 78.5 x 30.3 x 35 inches and can seat people that weigh a total of 660 lbs.
- Include comfortable and firm cushions that do not sink in.
- Easy to assemble without any tools
- Durable frame made of hardwood
- The sofa may look out of scale and very small in a large living room
- The cushions may feel a little flat and may take very long to fluff.
The Rivet Revolve Modern Upholstered Sofa With Reversible Sectional Chaise in denim blue is a modern sectional sofa with streamlined design that is ideal for taking afternoon naps apart from being the perfect stage for entertaining. The chaise of this upholstered sectional sofa can let you customize the layout based on your room requirements. It can be moved to either ends of the sofa, letting you add an additional seat to the sofa when required. You also have the option to even take the sofa with you to another home in case you decide to move. The dimensions of the sofa are 34.6 x 79.7 x 35.4 inches and the ottoman measures 62.2 x 79.9 x 35.4 inches.
- Features solid hardwood frame and sturdy tapered beech wood legs
- Easy to assemble and all the sofa pieces come together in a single box
- Debris and dust can be wiped off easily with a dry cloth or by using a light vacuum.
- The cushion covers may not be washable.
The FDW Sectional Sofa takes less than 5 minutes to assemble and includes 2 pieces that can be easily transported too. This leather modular sectional sofa can easily fit through your main door, making it a fuss-free option for your home. This leather sectional sofa is very comfortable with a firm padding at the back and can be cleaned with a single wipe, using a dry cloth. This interchangeable sectional sofa can be converted into a bed within 3 seconds and lets you enjoy deep sleep with utmost relaxation. The chaise is longer in this deep sectional sofa measuring in at 75.2 inches long, letting you watch your favorite TV show in comfort all-day long.
- Strong solid wood is used to make the framework of the sofa
- Sofa seat and back contains high-resilience sponge that last much longer
- The PU leather is dirty proof and waterproof
- Includes adjustable headrest that can make longer hours on the sofa comfortable.
- Easy to assemble and the pack contains all tools needed for putting the sofa together.
- Faux leather cover of the sofa may tear easily.
The HONBAY Reversible Sectional Sofa Couch is one of the best sectional sofas for families and for entertaining. The seat and back is firm and doesn’t let you sink right into it. This plush sectional sofa gets better with time, and the more it is used, the softer and nicer it becomes. This apartment-size sectional sofa with chaise is very easy to assemble and does not require additional tools to put it together. The nail-head detail as trimming makes this an elegant addition to your living room. It also includes a storage bag where you can snugly keep the TV remote, cordless phone, magazines, etc. This reversible chaise lounge sectional sofa measures 36.6 x 102 x 50 inches and can take up to 660 lbs of weight at once.
- Includes a storage ottoman and a storage bag
- Features breathable, durable, non-pilling, high quality fabric
- Seat cushion is filled with serpentine springs and pocket coils.
- Frame of sofa is in solid wood making the structure very durable
- The separation bar which is below the cushions may be felt on your tailbone.
The Poundex Upholstered Sofa is a gray sectional sofa that can seat 3 people. This fabric sectional sofa features seat cushions that are filled with inner spring and foam, making it durable, comfortable, and ideal for rough use. The back pillow is loose in this apartment size sectional sofa with chaise, that can be placed either on the left or the right side of the sofa. The dimensions of the chaise are 84 x 34 x 35 inches and 70 x 34 x 35 inches of the sofa. The cocktail ottoman measures 35 x 24 x 19 inches. This elegant sectional sofa fits well in both classic as well as contemporary-styled homes.
- Includes a matching ottoman bench
- Featuring upholstery in linen-like plush fabric, resistant to wear and tear
- Patented in the USA for reversible design of interchangeable chaise
- It may not be possible to flip the cushions as the underside has a simple black fabric.
This Pounded Bobkona Viola Sectional Set features seat cushions that are filled with foam and innerspring and provide comfort as well as durability. This sofa set includes a reversible chaise that lets you treat the sofa like a custom sectional sofa, letting you place it on either side to suit your room and preference. This black sectional sofa has tufted back and seats that result in spacious and plush seating and nail head accents on the arm as well as around the cocktail ottoman. The dimensions of this living room sectional sofa are 70 x 34 x 35 inches, 75 x 34 x 35 inches for the chaise and 35 x 24 x 19 inches for the ottoman.
- Features reversible design that is USA-patented for multiple configurations
- All tools required for assembly are provided with the sectional sofa.
- The seat covers are made using poly fiber that makes the sofa set easy to maintain and clean.
- The sofa may give out a pungent odor.
The Homelegance Sinclair Fabric Sectional Sofa in chocolate is a sectional L-shaped couch that comes in 2 pieces. This 2 piece sectional sofa features upholstery in 100% polyester which looks like the best-quality linen. The seat and back cushion are attached but the set also includes 3 toss pillows with geometric patterns on them. The dimension of this high weight capacity sectional sofa is 84 x 107 x 35 inches with a seat height of 18.5 inches. The design features make sure the seats don’t sag and the pocket coil spring seats offer comfort for a long time. The retro styling of the sofa makes it look sleek yet with great character at the same time. One of the biggest features of this sectional sofa is the sinuous springs that are made using tempered pre-arched metal wire springs which makes the seat soft yet firm.
- Features framework in plywood that is robust and can carry up to 900 lbs of weight
- The pocket coil spring is wrapped in a foam box in the seats to offer a firm yet comfortable and luxurious feel when you sit.
- Includes seats with square-tufted accents
- Bean bag is filled up with polyurethane foam which is multi-density and has micro cushions
- If the sofa is not placed against the wall, the sections may start moving apart when one sits.
The Nolany Reversible Sectional Sofa Couch is a fabric sectional sofa made using suede fabric. The fabric used is of the highest quality which does not fade and wrinkle too easily. The armrest is classic and crafted on both sides of the sofa featuring thick and full arcs, thereby letting you lean on them for absolute comfort. The couch measures 8.74 x 27.95 x 35.04 inches while the ottoman measures 22.44 x 22.44 x 17.72 inches. This compact sectional sofa has a capacity to handle up to 660 lbs of weight at a time.
- Features firm and durable 3D hemming on all edges.● Sofa fabric is insect-proof and corrosion-resistant
- Solid wood frame keep the sofa strong and durable
- Thickened cushion and high-density sponge avoids rebound as you sit on the couch.
- The height of the sofa back may not be able to support adult backs.
The Stendmar Contemporary Grey Microfiber Sectional Sofa Chaise Ottoman is the epitome of modern styling and is designed uniquely for Stendmar only. This sectional sofa can easily be converted into a sectional sofa bed as big as a queen-size one, making last minute sleepovers and unannounced guests a hassle-free activity. 4 throw pillows in dark gray are included along with this light gray sectional sofa which is upholstered using very high quality microfiber fabric. The seat of the sfoa is 26 inches deep so that you can lounge on the sectional sofa all day long without feeling uncomfortable.
- Includes right chaise, left sofa and ottoman set.
- Seat cushions are filled with 2.8 high-density foam.
- The frame of the sofa is all wood giving it a solid foundation to be built on.
- Water marks may stain the sofa fabric.
Here is a guideline that outlines important factors that help to decide the right sectional sofa for you.
Buying Guide To Finding The Most Ideal Sectional Sofa
Choosing the right and most comfortable sectional sofa can be difficult and confusing, and you may wonder if you even need a convertible sectional sofa! Let’s address some questions you may often find asking yourself.
Why The Sectional?
Sofa sets that come in traditional options, like 3 seaters, single seaters, love seats, etc., will always remain the way they were purchased. Even if you wanted to place them closer to each other to create a more intimate setting, they would still feel very formal. A sectional sofa on the other hand is a very intimate sofa option, that lets you sit close to your loved ones, have warm conversations with friends, and the extended portion of the sofa lets you stretch your legs once in a while. A sectional sofa is also versatile and dynamic, because you can keep changing the configuration and experience a new space and look every time you change it up. Lastly, a sectional sofa can seat multiple guests at the same time, so that no one has to awkwardly sit on a pouffe or at the other end of the room.
What Things Should I Look For When Shopping For A Sofa Or Sectional?
- Style: Sectional sofas, like all other regular sofas come in multiple styles and design themes. While some sectional sofas may have a back behind every section, some sectionals may have 2 or 3 backless units. Similarly, sectional sofas can have innumerable shapes like semi-circular, square, wide rectangle or long rectangle. If you know exactly where in your home or office you are going to set up the sectional sofa, try identifying the style you wish to have or you may even design your own sectional sofa.
- Size and orientation: Sectional sofas start from being fit for small living rooms and apartments to being large enough for an aristocratic library or drawing room. Check the floor space you have in the room and identify the sofa that fits within those dimensions.
The orientation of sectionals sofas is also very important as some may have an extension on the left while some may have it on the right. Try to envision where and how you are going to place the sectional sofa so that you do not end up with a piece that blocks the visual space of your room.
- Material: Materials that are used in sectional sofas are not only limited to the fabric or material used for upholstery but also include what is actually inside the sofa. The most durable sectional sofas are those that have stain-resistant and washable covers like synthetic microfiber, thick cotton or faux leather. When it comes to the structure used in the sofa, a mix of steel, aluminum, and solid wood is the best combination that you can find.
- Functionality: While a sectional sofa is not expected to do much, apart from provide an ideal conversational circle and comfortable cushions that you can fall right into, a little extra practical function is always welcome. Some sectionals sofas have storage under the seats, while some sectional sofas can be converted into beds. If you are really lucky you may even be able to stumble upon a sectional sofa that can offer you both in one sectional sofa, and that’s when you know you have hit the jackpot.
- Assembly and delivery: Sectional sofas when purchased online or offline need to be delivered on time. Ideally sectional sofas must be delivered in such a way that they can fit in through your main door. This means they will have to be assembled inside, and easy-to-assemble sofas with the least amount of effort and tools are always welcome!
How Do You Decide On The Arrangement For Your Sectional?
Sectional sofas offer multiple options for ways in which they can be arranged in. However arranging a sectional sofa can be very difficult if you have limited space or an unusually shaped room. You need to follow a few steps to get the best out of the arrangement.
- Measure the space you have available to you for the sectional sofa. The length, breadth as well as depth that the sofa will occupy should be measured.
- Know which side of the wall you wish to hide with the sofa and which side you wish to keep open and empty. This will determine if you need a left-sided sectional or a right-sided one. The side which is open should always be near a window, or next to a corridor or passageway so that the arrangement doesn’t look very closed.
- The side of the sofa that has arms should be placed on the wall side of the room, or you may even opt for armless sectional sofas if you wish to have flexibility in the future.
Sectional sofas are ideal for small modern apartments where a single piece of sofa can satisfy your seating needs. There are plenty of options available today when it comes to size, style, colors, fabric or material and orientation. Choose a sectional sofa that complements your home and your personality and doesn’t stand out like a sore thumb. If you stay in a hot and humid state, try staying away from leather or faux leather as it will not work with the climate. Whereas, if you are in the colder states, a velvet sofa would be the best sectional sofa for you and would also be a treat all year round. Let us know in the comments what your favorite feature about sectional sofas is!
Expert’s Answers for Readers Questions
What’s the best fabric for a sectional sofa?
Tough and durable textiles like cotton and linen are ideal for sectional sofas, while those with loose weaves may not work. An even better option is synthetic microfiber, which is not only stain resistant but can mimic pretty much every fabric.
How do you keep a light-colored sectional clean?
Regular vacuuming is the best way to have a clean sofa. If you have small kids at home, it is best to cover the light-colored sectional and remove the cover only for dinner parties and occasions. Also avoid eating and drinking on the sofa so it stays free from stains.
Is a sectional sofa better than a regular one?
Sectionals give you the freedom to choose how you want to place the sofa and configure it. However, some sectional sofas may occupy more space or look larger than a regular sofa, depending on your room shape, sofa size, etc.
Is a sectional sofa a good idea?
A sectional sofa that can be converted into a bed is a good idea. A sectional which does not have that option may be more expensive than buying two regular sofas.
Latest posts by Atulya Satishkumar (see all)
- The 11 Best Fan Brushes Of 2020 To Add To Your Collection Right Now! - September 29, 2020
- Top 7 Foam Rollers For Pregnancy That Will Relieve Your Muscles - September 28, 2020
- The 13 Best Eyeshadow Palettes For Beginners In 2020 - September 28, 2020
- Top 15 Roll On Perfumes That You Need To Try Right Away - September 25, 2020
- 11 Best Coffee Mugs For Everyday Use - September 9, 2020