How about getting a tan without actually stepping out in the sun? You don’t have to go to a salon too. All you must do is get a self tanner and use it to get a sun-kissed glow. Sounds perfect, right? Yes! Self tanners are awesome. They bathe you in natural brown and save you from going outdoors and suffering the damage caused by ultraviolet rays. Now, if you are wondering which self tanner to use, we have made a list of 20 of the best self tanners for face that will help you with it. Take a look.
The Top 20 Self-Tanners For Face
- Loreal Sublime Bronze Tinted Self-Tanning Lotion
- Clarins Radiance-Plus Golden Glow Booster
- Tarte Brazilliance PLUS
- Kiehl’s Sun-Free Self-Tanning Formula
- Clinique Self Sun Body Tinted Lotion
- Banana Boat Summer Color Self-Tanning Lotion
- Dior Bronze Self-Tanner Natural Glow Body
- Lancome Flash Bronzer
- Neutrogena Micro-Mist Airbrush Sunless Tan
- Nature’s Gate Glow Lotion
- Alba Botanica Sunless Tanning Lotion
- Nivea Sun-Kissed Radiant Skin Gradual Tanner And Daily Lotion
- Olay Total Effects Moisturizer Plus Touch Of Sun
- St. Tropez Bronzing Mousse
- Coola Gradual Tan Face Serum
- Tan-Luxe The Face Anti-Aging Rejuvenating Self Tan Drops
- St. Moriz Instant Self-Tanning Mousse
- Per-Fekt Matte Body Perfection Gel
- Jergens-Natural Glow Instant Sun Mousse
- Tan-Luxe-Hydra Mousse Hydrating Self-Tan Mousse
1. Loreal Sublime Bronze Tinted Self-Tanning Lotion
Loreal Sublime Bronze Tinted Self-Tanning Lotion is your best drugstore self tanner. It gives you a natural tan and a bronze finish within a few hours of application. The tan is medium level, and on application, rubs in a slight shimmer. The lotion also contains Vitamin E, which keeps your skin smooth and soft. The product dries quickly and is streak free.
- Easy to use.
- Stays for many days.
- The lotion is non-sticky.
- Can get sparkly.
- Stains clothes.
- Takes time to apply thoroughly.
2. Clarins Radiance-Plus Golden Glow Booster
Clarins Radiance-Plus Golden Glow Booster is a skin enhancer and an excellent self-tanning lotion for the face. Mix it with your day or night cream to develop a natural bronze skin. The booster contains aloe vera and improves the texture of your skin. It is dermatologist tested and non-comedogenic.
- Gives subtle glow.
- Works great for fair skinned people.
- It is non-oily.
- Need to mix with a moisturizer.
3. Tarte Brazilliance PLUS
Tarte Brazilliance PLUS gives you a natural looking deep-toned tan within four hours. It contains sunflower seed oil and citric acid that exfoliate, moisturize, and condition your skin. The product is hypoallergenic and is dermatologist tested.
- Contains no parabens.
- Is hydrating.
- Not tested on animals.
- It is sticky.
- Application is difficult.
- Can form patches on the skin.
4. Kiehl’s Sun-Free Self-Tanning Formula
Kiehl’s Sun-Free Self-Tanning Formula is a white, thick lotion that provides a natural glowing tan. The self-tan face cream doesn’t run down or drip after application. It contains apricot kernel oil, cocoa butter, and Vitamin E. It keeps your skin damage free, moisturized, and healthy. Also, the formula makes for an easy application and gives an even color.
- No tanner smell.
- The tan lasts longer than other products.
- Takes time to dry and for the results to appear.
5. Clinique Self Sun Body Tinted Lotion
Clinique Self Sun Body Tinted Lotion is a good self tanner for face that gives a smooth and soft bronzed look with a touch of gold. It even adds a slight shimmer to your face, making it perfect for a night outing. With daily application of the product, you can keep the color intact. The product works well for combination to oily skin.
- It’s oil-free.
- Doesn’t get streaky.
- Moisturizes the skin.
- It is expensive.
- Has a strong smell.
6. Banana Boat Summer Color Self-Tanning Lotion
Banana Boat Summer Color Self-Tanning Lotions is a self tanner that absorbs quickly and gives you an instant tan. The product allows you to adjust the tan according to your wish. Just apply more of the lotion on your face for a more deep tan. The product contains aloe vera and Vitamin E, and keeps your skin smooth and moisturized.
- It is not greasy.
- Gives instant results.
- The tan tends to fade.
- The color can get uneven.
7. Dior Bronze Self-Tanner Natural Glow Body
Dior Bronze Self-Tanner Natural Glow Body is a gel cream from the Christian Dior design house. It is a unisex product. It gets quickly absorbed into the skin, and adds a beautiful glow to your face. The product works well for regular use and adapts to the pH of your skin, creating a natural tan look.
- The product blends easily.
- It is light on the skin.
- Has a pleasant odor.
- Can result in an orangish shade.
8. Lancome Flash Bronzer
Lancome Flash Bronzer is a self tanner gel that provides an intense yet natural looking tan. The tinted lotion provides an even tan, and is easy to apply as it has a smooth texture. The product contains a self-tanning agent called DHA and Vitamin E.
- Evens out skin tone.
- Hides blemishes.
- Dries quickly.
- Tan is not long lasting.
- Priced too high for the quantity.
9. Neutrogena Micro-Mist Airbrush Sunless Tan
Neutrogena Micro-Mist Airbrush Sunless Tan is a spray can that gives you a hands-free tan application. The spray works at any angle and is easy to use. The product is alcohol-free and is non-comedogenic. It won’t clog your pores.
- The product is oil-free.
- It dries immediately.
- The spray nozzle can get problematic.
- The tan is not dark enough.
10. Nature’s Gate Glow Lotion
Nature’s Gate Glow Lotion provides a natural sun-kissed glow to your face while hydrating and nourishing it. The product contains antioxidants and deep skin conditioning moisturizers that keep your skin soft and supple. You can use it daily to maintain your tan. The best part about this self tanner for face is that it is cruelty-free and vegan.
- A 2-in-1 product – tanner plus moisturizer.
- Effective on medium to dark complexions only.
11. Alba Botanica Sunless Tanning Lotion
Alba Botanica Sunless Tanning Lotion is a self tanner that gradually turns the shade of your skin darker after application. It gives you a subtle look, bringing the best of your features out. The product contains almond oil and shea butter.
- The tan fades naturally.
- The product has a pleasant smell.
- The consistency of the tan lotion is thick.
- Takes 2-3 coats to get the right shade of tan.
12. Nivea Sun-Kissed Radiant Skin Gradual Tanner And Daily Lotion
Nivea Sun-Kissed Radiant Skin Gradual Tanner And Daily Lotion gives you a great tan without any hint of the orange tone. It is available in various shades and also has a thick moisturizing formula. The product contains grape seed oil.
- Provides even tanning with less streaking.
- Overwhelming smell.
[ Read: How To Use Olive Oil To Get Tanned Skin? ]
13. Olay Total Effects Moisturizer Plus Touch Of Sun
Olay Total Effects Moisturizer Plus Touch Of Sun is a tan cream that works as a daily moisturizer too. It gives you a slight tint and is great for everyday use. It even works as an anti-aging cream. The self tanning moisturizer contains essential vitamins and antioxidants.
- Contains SPF.
- Non-greasy and light.
- Strong smell.
- Not available easily.
14. St. Tropez Bronzing Mousse
St. Tropez Bronzing Mousse gives you a healthy tan and has a soothing fragrance. The product is easy to apply and even dries quickly. The tan lasts up to 10 days and feels super-light on the skin. The product gives you a full bronze glow. It contains a natural tanning agent called DHA.
- Comes with an applicator.
- The tan is dark for pale skin.
- It is expensive.
15. Coola Gradual Tan Face Serum
Coola Gradual Tan Face Serum is an organic self tanner and an anti-aging face serum.
It contains antioxidants like argan oil and Vitamin C that keep your skin hydrated and glowing. You can either use the product by itself or mix it with your moisturizer. It has a light cocoa scent.
- Does not clog pores.
- Easy to apply.
- Tan does not last long.
- Priced high.
16. Tan-Luxe The Face Anti-Aging Rejuvenating Self Tan Drops
Tan-Luxe The Face Anti-Aging Rejuvenating Self Tan Drops is a perfect addition to your daily skin care routine. It makes your skin bright and glowy. It contains tri-collagen booster and glycopeptide. It also contains the good old aloe vera and Vitamin E.
- Has no tan smell.
- Leaves stains.
17. St. Moriz Instant Self-Tanning Mousse
St. Moriz Instant Self-Tanning Mousse is a self-tanner that gives you a professionally done effect by creating the perfect bronze tan. It is an ideal product to use all year round for a great tan. The mousse has a mixture of the best tanning agents that leave you with a smooth and flawless finish.
- Suitable for all skin types.
- Dries quickly.
- The application can get messy.
[ Read: Spray Tanning – What Is it? ]
18. Per-Fekt Matte Body Perfection Gel
Per-Fekt Matte Body Perfection Gel gives you the perfect matte tan and tint. It covers the uneven patches on your skin and fixes the dryness. The product contains hyaluronic microspheres that tone and hydrate your skin. It also contains shea butter that moisturizes your skin.
- It is light-weight.
- No tan smell.
- Does not absorb well
- Difficult to blend.
19. Jergens-Natural Glow Instant Sun Mousse
Jergens-Natural Glow Instant Sun Mousse is the perfect self tanner for mimicking a natural tan. The mousse is light and moisturizing. It is available in light bronze and deep bronze shades.
- Dries quickly.
- Airy consistency.
- Can leave a stain.
20. Tan-Luxe- Hydra Mousse Hydrating Self-Tan Mousse
Tan-Luxe – Hydra Mousse Hydrating Self-Tan Mousse provides a near natural tan. In addition, it increases the moisture levels of your skin. It contains Vitamin B5, C, and E. It also has raspberry seed oil that conditions your skin.
Not a good choice for fair-skinned people.
*Subject to Availability
Now, let’s answer some common queries on self tanners.
Expert’s Answers For Readers’ Questions
How often should I apply a self-tanner?
Apply it once a week as the tan should ideally last for 4-5 days.
>How long does it take for a self-tanner to work?
The results should show in about 2 to 4 hours after application.
You need not necessarily plan a beach holiday to obtain a great tan. Our list of self tanners for face and body is your best guide to get a fabulous tan. Try them and let us know what you think in the comments section. Happy tanning!
- Top 10 Skin Care Brands Available In India
- Top 36 Home Remedies To Remove Tan Permanently
- 7 Simple Ways To Remove A Fake Tan?
Latest posts by Ramya Achanta (see all)
- How To Grow Thick Hair – 10 Easy Tips - April 5, 2018
- How To Balance The pH Level Of Your Hair For A Healthy Look? - February 28, 2018
- What Is The Difference Between Dandruff And Dry Scalp? - February 28, 2018
- The Amazing Benefits Of Coconut Oil For Hair - February 28, 2018
- 7 Best Patanjali Hair Oils – 2019 - February 19, 2018