If sprays, mousses, volumizers have not worked for your fine hair, then it is time that you try out the best shampoos for fine hair. These volumizing shampoos will cleanse your hair, eliminate the oil, and add a healthy, natural-looking shine. They add body and volume to your lifeless, flat hair, making it look fuller and healthy. However, the formulas are light and gentle; thus, they don’t weigh your hair down. Here, you will find the 11 best shampoos for fine hair to get an instant lift. Take a look!
In This Article
11 Best Shampoos For Thin Or Fine Hair: Reviews
1. Best Paraben-Free: GIOVANNI 2chic Tangerine And Papaya Butter Ultra-Volume Shampoo
The GIOVANNI 2chic Tangerine And Papaya Butter Ultra-Volume Shampoo volumize fine hair while defining your curls and waves. The formula has a Dual Volumizing Complex containing tangerine juice and papaya to volumize the hair. It also contains ginseng, grapefruit, and vanilla extracts to lift the strands from the roots. Almond oil and aloe vera add shine without weighing the hair down. This shampoo adds bounce to the hair, controls frizz, and has a refreshing earthy-minty fragrance. Check out the detailed review of the product in this video.
Key Ingredients: Tangerine and Papaya butter
- Refreshing fragrance
2. Best Gentle: Matrix BIOLAGE Volume Bloom Shampoo
The Matrix BIOLAGE Volume Bloom Shampoo is lightweight and plumps fine hair to make it appear thicker. It contains natural cotton flower extract that gently cleanses your hair without drying it and adds long-lasting volume and sheen. This shampoo makes the hair bouncy and easier to style and does not weigh it down. It is suitable for both natural and colored hair. Watch this video of the product for more information.
Key Ingredients: Cotton extract
- Pleasant fragrance
- Contains SLS and SLES
3. Best Vegan: Hempz Sweet Pineapple & Honey Melon Volumizing Shampoo
The Hempz Sweet Pineapple & Honey Melon Volumizing Shampoo contains pure hemp seed oil that boosts hair growth. It also contains honey melon extract and vitamins A and E that help strengthen, nourish, and condition the hair. The natural oils and shea butter moisturize the hair and keep it healthy. This shampoo cleanses without drying and protects the hair from heat damage. It is suitable for all hair types, including colored hair. Go through this video review for a detailed understanding of the product.
Key Ingredients: Hemp seed oil, Pineapple, and Honey melon extracts
- May leave residue
4. Best pH-Balanced: Redken Volume Injection Shampoo
Redken Volume Injection Shampoo is an ideal for fine hair. The shampoo lifts fine and limp hair, adding body to it for a fuller look. The lightweight formula adds weightless volume, to hydrate and plump up each strand. The pH-balanced formula contains filloxane and 1% bodifying complex that lifts the roots instantly to give you a voluminous mane. It also leaves the hair feeling soft and shiny.
Key Ingredients: Filoxane and Bodifying complex
- Cleanses hair well
- Instant root lifting
- Weightless volume
- Strong scent
5. Best Lightweight: John Frieda Volume Lift Weightless Shampoo
The John Frieda Volume Lift Shampoo helps detangle thin hair while enhancing its natural volume. It is developed with Caffeine Vitality Complex that volumizes the hair by 40% and keeps it soft and Air-Silk Technology to keep it bouncy. The shampoo does not weigh your hair down and is safe for color-treated hair.
Key Ingredients: Caffeine vitality complex
- Pleasant fragrance
- May leave residue
6. Best For Detangling: L’Oréal Paris Elvive Volume Filler Thickening Shampoo
The L’Oréal Paris Elvive Volume Filler Thickening Shampoo gives an instant thicker feel that lasts for 24 hours. It contains filloxane that plumps the limp hair strands to revive them and make them appear fuller. This shampoo creates texture from within while lifting the roots.
Key Ingredients: Filloxane
- Detangles hair
- 24-hour lasting volume
- Pleasant fragrance
- Contains SLS and sodium chloride
7. Best Pleasant Scent: MATRIX Total Results High Amplify Shampoo
The MATRIX Total Results High Amplify Shampoo contains a protein that minimizes hair breakage and gives an instant 35% volume boost to your hair. It has a lightweight formula that strengthens the hair and adds shine while reducing frizz.
Key Ingredients: Protein
- Imparts shine
- Pleasant scent
- Does not detangle
8. Best Color-Safe: teatree Lemon Sage Thickening Shampoo
The Lemon Sage Thickening Shampoo by tea tree has a refreshing citrus fragrance that awakens your senses and keeps the hair smelling great all day long. It contains sage, lemon, and tea tree extracts to nourish and thicken your hair and make it appear fuller. The panthenol in the formula strengthens the strands. This shampoo also prevents split ends and breakage and revives your locks.
Key Ingredients: Lemon, Sage, and Tea tree extracts
- Provides UV protection
9. Best Sulfate-Free: Davines VOLU Shampoo
The VOLU Shampoo by Davines is a weightless shampoo for fine hair and has a foamy and lightweight formula. It contains turnip root extract to lift the hair from the roots, giving it a boost of volume and body. The shampoo does not weigh the hair down and keeps it soft, shiny, and bouncy.
Key Ingredients: Turnip root extract
- Recyclable packaging
- Contains synthetic color
10. Best Phthalate-Free: OUAI Fine Hair Shampoo
The OUAI Fine Hair Shampoo help strengthen and volumize the hair. It contains biotin to support the hair shafts, chia seed oil to thicken and volumize your tresses, and hydrolyzed keratin to soften frizz and add shine. The shampoo has a pleasant rose fragrance with notes of Italian lemon, jasmine, and white musk. It cleanses without leaving any residue and works on all hair types.
Key Ingredients: Chia seed oil, Biotin, and Hydrolyzed keratin
- Strong smell
11. Best Non-Drying: Joico HydraSplash Hydrating Shampoo
The HydraSplash Hydrating Shampoo by Joico cleanses product buildup without drying the hair. It is developed with SMARTRELEASE Technology, a liposome delivery system that helps release arginine, rosehip oil, and keratin to repair your hair. The shampoo contains coconut water to hydrate your hair and sea kelp to provide vital nutrients to keep it healthy. It leaves your hair feeling light, bouncy, healthy, and strong.
Key Ingredients: Sea kelp and Coconut water
- Softens the hair
Managing fine hair can be challenging. It frequently becomes dry, fragile, and weak without the appropriate maintenance. Here are a few key things to remember before investing in the best shampoos for fine hair that can provide hair strands with firmness and volume.
Things To Consider Before Buying The Best Shampoos For Fine Hair
- Ingredients:The texture of fine hair is weak and delicate. Your fine hair is kept healthy by shampoos that have a complex blend of organic components that are packed with nutrients. Rosemary, amino acids, and juniper are additives that strengthen thin hair and give it the appearance of fullness. They aid in removing filth and dryness from the scalp. The coconut water and essential oil-infused washes hydrate hair strands and relieve dry scalps.
Shampoos that include toxic chemicals are damaging to hair strands and scalps. Choose a hair shampoo free of harsh salts and ingredients like silicone, SLS, paraben, and alcohol. It should be mild on the scalp and hair follicles. Many people favor using shampoos that are cruelty-free and vegan. Additionally, color-safe and dye-free shampoos are essential for fine hair.
- Consistency: Lightweight shampoos are essential for keeping the texture of fine hair intact. They will add luster and volume without adding weight to hair. Shampoos that are not oily help in detangling and frizz control. They gently clean the hair and offer a fuller and bouncier look.
- Longevity: Choose shampoos that deliver quick and durable effects. The formula must be curated with ingredients that offer long-lasting effects without damaging your strands. The shampoos must leave the hair frizz-free, bouncy, and detangled. In order to make the hair manageable, it must also provide the strands with firmness and volume.
- Added Features: Invest in shampoos that are affordable but of high-quality. Make sure that the formula you have opted for does not leave any residue on your strands. The best shampoos for fine hair shield your tresses from external factors like heat and pollutants. They help in restoring the brittle hair’s volume and strength.
Fine hair is really difficult to manage and style if you do not have the right products. But first and the most important thing you need is the right shampoo. A shampoo cleanses your hair thoroughly, encouraging healthy hair growth. In addition, shampoos made specifically for fine hair can volumize the hair strands and provide long-lasting shine. Some shampoos can even nourish and strengthen the hair strands. However, consider shampoos that are free from nasty chemicals offering pleasant fragrances. Remember to restrain products that contain synthetic colors.
Why Trust StyleCraze?
The author, Shiboli Chakraborti, is a hair care aficionado and loves reviewing different products and recommending the best ones to people. For this article, she extensively researched shampoos for fine hair and skimmed through reviews posted by users to narrow down the best products. The shampoos listed above have lightweight formulas, are gentle, and add volume, body, and shine to your hair.
Frequently Asked Questions
How often should fine hair be washed?
Wash your hair not more than 3 to 4 times a week.
Why is my hair so thin?
It may be due to damaged and undernourished hair follicles, lifestyle habits, or any medical condition. Consult a doctor to find out the underlying cause.
Can thin hair be thick again?
No, if it is genetic, and yes, if it is due to over-processing and using wrong hair care products. You cannot do much about genetics. However, to improve damaged, over-processed, and thin hair, follow a proper diet, and use the right hair care products for adding volume.
How can I get thick hair in a month?
You may try using supplements like folate, biotin, and vitamins A and D. However, avoid self-medication and consult a doctor for proper treatment.
Does coconut oil thicken hair?
There is no scientific proof for this. However, coconut oil can improve your scalp and hair health.
Is having fine hair bad?
No, it is not bad at all. Having fine hair is just fine!
- Top Shampoos To Get Soft Hair
- Best Shampoos And Conditioners For Fine Hair
- Best pH-balanced Shampoos
- Best Hair Care Tips And Tricks To Include In Your Beauty Regimen