7 Best Shampoos For Thinning Hair Due To Menopause
Now ease the symptoms of menopause like thinning of hair and hormonal changes.
If you are looking for the best shampoo for menopausal hair, we have what you need. Menopause can be a challenging phase for most women, and most of them cope with hormonal changes that go on within them. It might be difficult for a woman to cope with the biological process and the symptoms, along with mood swings, lack of energy, and hot flashes. Some of these even include dryness in private parts and weight gain. But one of the factors that affect your confidence is the thinning of your hair. Almost suddenly, women are left clueless about their hair loss, which makes them worry and stress even more. So, to keep such unwanted problems at bay, expert brands have made the best shampoos and conditioners that work on thinning hair and to fight hair loss the right way. Go through the list to keep all the unwanted symptoms at bay and make sure your hair and skin never run out of life. So, ready to have shiny hair in all the phases of your life, are you?
7 Best Shampoo And Conditioner Combos To Try For Thinning Hair During Menopause
1. Best Cruelty-Free:Pura D’or Original Gold Label Anti-Hair Thinning Shampoo And Deep Moisturizing Conditioner
Yes, thinning hair can come as a rude shock for many women. But, fret not! You can keep your hair thick and strong with this miracle duo by Pura D’or. Tested and proven to reduce hair thinning, these products boost hair strength, increase volume, reduce breakage and hair damage. The shampoo is enriched with ingredients like red Korean seaweed, black cumin seed oil, nettle leaf extract, among others, which keep your scalp hydrated and prevent it from drying. The conditioner, on the other hand, comes with an enhanced aloe vera formula, which keeps the hair tangle-free and strengthens brittle strands. Furthermore, apple extracts in the conditioner nourish the hair while its bioactive blend makes the hair silky and luxurious.
- Made with natural preservatives
- A blend of 17 proprietary ingredients in the shampoo
- Contains argan and amla oil
- Helps stimulate hair follicles
- No harmful chemicals
- Extremely hydrating
- Gluten, parabens, and cruelty-free
- The conditioner takes a lot of time to wash off
- Slightly expensive
2. Best Sulfate-Free:Watermans Grow Me Shampoo And Condition Me Conditioner
Running your fingers through your hair and realizing just how thin it’s becoming? It’s a sad feeling, don’t we know it. But, it doesn’t have to be a bitter feeling because you can do something about it with this fantastic shampoo and conditioner combo by Watermans. Enriched with biotin, caffeine, and argan oil, this shampoo is formulated especially for strengthening and replenishing weakened hair. It works from ground zero by making hair follicles strong and improving scalp circulation, which directly leads to an increased hair density. The conditioner softens, moisturizes, and revitalizes hair. Along with this, it protects the hair, making it strong from the root to the tip. These products work wonderfully for all hair types and textures. It is not only recommended for women with thinning hair due to menopause but also for men suffering from premature hair loss. If you want to know more about the benefits of this product, check out this quick review on YouTube.
- Composed of trademarked “Grow More” formula
- Natural DHT blockers
- Increases hair density
- Improves scalp condition
- Contains anti-hair loss activity formula
- Reduces hair fall
- Doesn’t detangle hair properly
3. Best For Blonde Hair:Jhirmack Silver Brightening Shampoo And Conditioner Set
Now, here’s a product worth reading about. Designed primarily for grey, blonde, bleached, or highlighted hair, this silver brightening shampoo and conditioner set will keep your hair shining, luxurious, and thick. If hair thinning due to menopause is what you’re worried about, put all your worries aside as this shampoo is formulated with green tea extracts and folic acid, which strengthens and conditions the hair. At the same time, CoQ10 fights against heat damage and harmful environmental pollutants. The enriching macadamia nut oil moisturizes the hair and scalp without leaving it greasy. So, let your natural whites grow out, and keep your silvers sexy. For more information about the results of this product, check out this YouTube video.
- Reduces thinning of hair
- Controls hair fall
- Formulated especially for grey, blonde, white, and colored hair
- Doesn’t work too well on black, brown, and brunette hair
4. Best For All Hair Types:Bellisso Biotin Shampoo And Treatment Conditioner
If you have heard the saying, “good things take time”, it might have well been created for this fantastic shampoo and conditioner combo. This shampoo and conditioner will prevent hair loss, improve hair elasticity drastically, strengthen hair from the follicles, and add volume to your hair. The shampoo comes with biotin treatment, hydrolyzed keratin, and several other nutrient-rich botanicals for healthy, luscious hair. The biotin DHT blocker conditioner prevents hair from thinning as it blocks DHT, a major cause of thinning hair in women due to menopause. Full of essential vitamins required for thick and healthy hair, this set of shampoo and conditioner fights hair fall like a pro. However, if you are expecting immediate results, this shampoo and conditioner kit is not for you. Always remember that good things come to those who wait. You can check out this YouTuber’s review for more information about this product.
- Ideal for all hair types
- Suitable for men and women
- Luxury herbal ingredients
- Anti-hair loss
- Blocks DHT (which causes hair fall)
- Fortifies individual hair strands
- Softens bleached and colored hair
- Takes a long time for results to show
- Conditioner takes some time to wash off
- Slightly expensive
5. Best For Color-Treated Hair:Thick Tails Stimulating Hair Shampoo And Conditioner
Are you on the hunt for the best shampoo for thinning hair? If yes, get your hands on this beauty by Thick Tails. It blocks DHT for hair growth right after the first use. But what is DHT? DHT is activated in the body due to hormonal imbalances caused by menopause, and DHT is one of the biggest reasons for hair thinning in women. This shampoo and conditioner with DHT blockers keep your hair healthy, right from the root to the tip. Watch each strand of your hair flourish under the love of enriching ingredients like saw palmetto, caffeine, vitamin B5, and biotin as they keep your hair healthy, strong, and shiny. These products will also extend the life of your color-treated hair.
- Contains hyper-anagen complex, which stimulates hair growth
- Anti-hair loss treatment formula
- Fills out empty patches on the head
- Keeps color-treated hair healthy
- The conditioner has a non-drying formula
- Paraben, sulfate, and cruelty-free
- Takes at least 90 days for visible results
6. Best Natural Ingredients Infused:Botanical Hair Growth Lab Shampoo And Conditioner Gift Set
Gift yourself the joy and beauty of thick and strong hair with this incredible shampoo and conditioner gift set by Botanical Hair Growth Lab. It is not only designed for women with thinning hair due to menopause, but it also fights androgenetic alopecia and tackles the problem of postpartum hair loss as well. If you are a firm supporter of all things natural, this product boasts of a never-ending list of essential natural ingredients like aloe vera leaf juice, apple stem cell extract, chamomile flower extract, green tea extract, argan oil, and rosemary oil to name a few. This anti-hair loss scalp stimulating organic formula will not disappoint you.
- Natural anti-hair loss formula for both men and women
- Contains more than 15 natural ingredients
- Enriched with vitamins
- Pure and natural ingredients
- No SLS
- No parabens
- Some may find the smell overpowering
7. Best Unisex Product:Biotin Hair Shampoo for Thinning Hair
Biotin Hair Shampoo for Thinning Hair is a great cleansing formula suitable for all hair types. It is infused with botanical extracts to nourish your hair from root to tip. The keratin zinc pyrithione shampoo cleanses your scalp neatly and improves the appearance of the hair. This shampoo works well for color-treated hair as well.
- Works well for dry scalp
- Contains natural oils
- Unisex product
- Clarifying formula
- May make hair dry
Menopause brings with it severe hormonal hair thinning. However, making a few changes to your hair care routine can help reduce hair loss tremendously. The first change is getting your hands on the right shampoo. Here is a buying guide that lists factors to keep in mind while buying the best shampoo for thinning hair due to menopause.
How To Select The Best Shampoo For Thinning Hair Caused By Menopause
Check the ingredients of the shampoo carefully before buying it. Find a product free from sulfates, parabens, preservatives, and other damaging chemicals. Instead, opt for shampoos containing natural fruit or flower extracts and nourishing plant oils like argan oil, amla oil, and rosemary oil. They are great options as they are not only known for boosting hair regrowth but are also 100% natural. Additionally, look for products containing DHT blockers to control hair loss.
- Hair Concerns
Take your hair concerns into account before choosing a shampoo. If your hair has started graying, opt for shampoos meant for gray or white hair. On the other hand, if you have colored your mane, go for formulations that offer color protection. For dry and brittle hair, shampoos that provide nourishment and have hydrating properties are ideal. If you have balding patches on the head, some products can fill them out completely. Look for a product that contains a hyper-anagen complex.
Hair products that promise to combat medical issues should be free from added artificial fragrances. For example, don’t use shampoos with perfumes – you need them to work on hair regrowth and to strengthen.
Yes, menopause can be difficult, and it can be hard to deal with all the changes that come with it, especially thinning hair. But with the help of this list of best shampoos for thinning hair, hair fall should be the least of your concerns. So, don’t let menopause put a pause in your life, go out, enjoy your life, and have fun. Alexandro Vasquez, a hairdresser, says, “A good diet and healthy lifestyle will give a boost combined with all these wonderful products out there. However, don’t forget to consult a doctor for more specific information about hair loss and thinning hair too.” Let us know if you liked any of these products. Write to us about how you dealt with thinning hair during your menopause. We are eager to know. Till then, take care of yourself and your beautiful hair.
Why Trust StyleCraze?
The author of this article, Vaishnavi Kothuri, is a hair care enthusiast. She loves reviewing hair care products for her readers. She went through various forums to check the user feedback and read hundreds of reviews to provide you with the list of the best shampoos that prevent menopause related hair thinning. The shampoos listed above improve scalp conditions, increase hair density, and combat postpartum hair loss.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use shampoo for menopausal hair every day?
No, skip using shampoo daily for already thin hair due to menopause. Regular washing may increase hair fall and can turn your hair dull and brittle.
How long a shampoo takes to work on menopausal hair?
A shampoo will take two to three months to work on menopausal hair effectively. It will help prevent hair loss and strengthen the tresses.
How do you take care of menopausal hair?
• Do not brush wet hair. Instead, let it air dry and manage it gently. Detangle the knots with your fingers.
• Do not tie the hair in a tight bun or tight ponytail. This can break your strands and damage the follicles.
• Do not stress to prevent hormonal imbalance and excessive hair loss.
• Exercise daily to promote healthy hair growth.
• Eat a balanced, low-fat diet. Include whole grains, fruits, and vegetables in every meal. Also, consider taking vitamin B6 and folic acid supplements to restore hair growth.
• Drink lots of water to hydrate your body and your hair naturally.
• Prevent styling your hair with heat tools. Avoid getting extensions and skip dyeing the strands.
What causes hair loss during menopause?
A drop in the level of estrogen and progesterone during menopause causes slow hair growth. Simultaneously, an increase in the activity of the androgens (male hormone) makes the hair follicles shrink and causes hair loss.
Can menopause affect hair texture?
Yes, menopause may turn your hair less soft. The hair may turn dull and brittle. In extreme cases, people also lose the luster of their hair.
- How To Reduce DHT Hair Loss And Treatment Options
- What Is The Normal Amount Of Hair Loss In A Day?
- 8 Simple Tips For Hair Care During Pregnancy
- Best Organic Shampoos For Thinning Hair