Are all those times that your grandmother nagged you to apply oil, braid your hair, and stay away from hair coloring coming back to you in the form of regret? Do you wish you had listened to her advice? Don’t worry, it’s not too late! You can still save your tresses from falling apart by using these shampoos for thin hair.
But before scrolling down to view the products, make a note that thin hair can be a
sign of deteriorating health. Your hair can be thinning because of:
- Chemical abuse
- Hormonal imbalance
- Vitamin B deficiency
- Genetic factors
To avoid hair thinning, one needs to maintain a healthy diet and also use suitable hair products. An ideal shampoo for thin hair needs to:
- be mild and sensitive on your scalp
- strengthen your roots
- generate new hair
- reduce dandruff
- add volume
Here’s a rundown of the top 10 shampoos for thin hair.
Top 10 Shampoos For Thin Hair
1. St. Botanica Biotin & Collagen Volumizing Shampoo
This is an angel in a bottle! St. Botanica Volumizing Shampoo is everything you were looking for in a shampoo. It contains natural ingredients like oat extract, sunflower seed oil, lavender oil, jojoba oil, avocado, rosemary oil, and other natural extracts. It contains Pro-Vitamin B7 Biotin and Collagen formula, which ensures every strand looks thicker and fuller and gives your hair a healthy shine. This product works wonders on any hair type but works best on fine hair.
- Contains natural ingredients
- Sulfate- and paraben-free
- Minimizes split ends and breakage
- Thickens and adds volume within first few applications
- Improves the condition of your hair
- Smoothens and adds shine
- Instant results assured
2. Biotique Bio Walnut Bark Body Building Shampoo
Biotique Body Building Shampoo will transform your frail hair into healthy tresses. With ingredients like amla, bhringraj, reetha, walnut bark, muskroot, and Himalayan water, this shampoo promises stunning results and makes your hair thick and lustrous. This pH balanced shampoo prevents further hair loss and acts as a mild cleansing agent to pamper your sensitive scalp.
- Filled with natural goodness
- Very mild
- Improves hair texture
- Adds volume and thickens your hair
- Keeps your hair soft
- Provides required proteins for a healthy scalp
- Affordable price
- Might take time to show results
- Not for dry hair
3. Schwarzkopf Bonacure Volume Boost Shampoo
This product is called ‘an architect for all shampoos.’ With its Bonacure technology, this shampoo helps in cleansing and volumizing fine hair and giving it a lift. Its Amino Cell Rebuild Technology enhances hair growth and strengthens hair from within. The bamboo leaf compounds ensure that your hair retains strength and grows faster – just like the bamboo plant. It also offers a volumizing effect, making your hair thicker, fuller, and healthier. You can try this product if you are looking for a high-end and effective shampoo.
- Adds volume and bounce
- Reduces hair fall
- A mild shampoo for scalp and hair
- Makes hair noticeably soft
- Safe to use for any hair type
- Instant results assured
4. Satinique Hairfall Control Shampoo For Fragile, Thinning Hair
Satinique Hairfall Control Shampoo helps in reducing hair fall and stimulates your scalp to generate new hair. It contains a combination of Enerjuve with the goodness of ginseng, eclipta alba extracts, and mulberry leaf extracts. These ingredients help in blood circulation in the scalp and accelerate hair growth.
- High-quality ingredients
- Reduces hair fall within days
- Thickens hair strands
- Reduces split ends and breakage
- Might make your hair frizzy initially
5. Giovanni Root 66 Max Volume Shampoo
Giovanni Root 66 Max Volume Shampoo contains medicinal herbal extracts of horsetail plant that gives maximum healing power to thinning hair. Horsetail extracts are used as a healing ingredient to prevent baldness, chronic hair fall, and other hair and skin related problems. The ingredients in this shampoo create volume in your hair. It promises to cleanse your scalp and add life to dry and brittle hair. It provides strength to the hair, preventing further breakage.
- Strengthens roots
- Reduces hair fall
- Contains organic ingredients
- Adds luminous shine
- SLS- and paraben-free
- Availability issues
6. Pantene Pro-V Hair Fall Control Shampoo
Pantene Pro-V Hair Fall Control Shampoo promises better and improved hair in just 14 days of usage. With its Keratin Damage Blockers Technology that helps in prevention of hair fall up to 98%, this shampoo ensures thicker and stronger hair in no time. It cleanses the oily residue from the scalp that obstructs hair growth and imparts a healthy shine to your locks.
- Knocks out all the oil and other pollutants
- Improves hair texture and thickens your locks
- Prevents breakage and split ends
- Contains SLS
7. Matrix Biolage Advanced Fiberstrong Shampoo
Matrix Biolage Advanced Fiberstrong Shampoo is a mild cleansing product made especially for thin and brittle hair. If you are suffering from hair breakage, this is the best product for you. With its Intra-Cylane formula, this shampoo repairs damaged follicles and strengthens your hair from within. With regular usage, this shampoo will improve your hair and strengthen your follicles until they are 12x stronger.
- Works wonders on sensitive scalp
- Revives hair growth
- Cleanses scalp well
- Smoothens the hair from root to tip
- Makes each hair strand stronger
- Not suitable for dry hair and scalp
8. L’Oreal Paris Serie Expert Density Advanced Shampoo
L’Oreal Paris Density Advanced Shampoo, with its Omega 6 Nutricomplex formula and enriched with vitamin B6, helps in adding volume to thin hair. It thickens each hair strand with its rich lipid compounds. It leaves your hair with extra density and improved texture. It cleanses the scalp and imparts a healthy shine.
- Adds volume and gives a fuller look
- Improves hair texture
- Contains a hair stimulating formula
- Strengthens hair from within
- Imparts healthy shine
- Contains too many chemicals
9. Dalan d’Olive Olive Oil Volumizing Shampoo
Dalan d’Olive Volumizing Shampoo contains the goodness of olive oil that serves as a perfect hair modifier. This organic shampoo contains rich ingredients like Aegean olive oil and natural rice protein that help volumize your hair. It also claims to show noticeable changes within one week of usage. This product is made specially for dull and lifeless hair.
- Deeply nourishes your hair from within
- Adds volume to your hair
- Gently cleanses the scalp
- Promotes blood supply to the scalp
- Paraben- and sulfate-free
- Might make your scalp oily
[ Also Read – Park Avenue Beer Shampoo Reviews ]
10. Khadi Honey & Lemon Juice Shampoo
Since it is a paraben- and SLS-free product, Khadi Honey & Lemon Juice Shampoo is an ideal product if you want to use Ayurvedic and subtle hair shampoos. If you are bothered by thin and oily hair, this is the best way to get rid of your problem. This organic herbal shampoo cleanses your scalp and provides the required nutrients to improve and revitalize hair growth.
- Suitable for thin, oily hair
- Contains Ayurvedic ingredients
- Provides nourishment
- Cleanses scalp thoroughly
- Improves scalp health
- Might make your hair dry or rough
There’s always a solution if you look around keenly. So, without worrying or breaking down, look out for the best solution on this list to solve your hair woes. Try any of these products and comment below to let us know about your experience.
Latest posts by Pooja Karkala (see all)
- 10 Best Mouthwashes For Healthy Teeth And Gums And Fighting Bad Breath - February 11, 2020
- Top 10 Pureology Shampoos – Reviews - February 11, 2020
- 10 Best Castor Oils That Promote Hair Growth - February 11, 2020
- 10 Best (Soft And Hard) Bonnet Hair Dryers Of 2020 – Reviews And Buying Guide - February 10, 2020
- 15 Best Drugstore Hair Dyes For At-Home Coloring - February 4, 2020