While going through your travel checklist for a ski trip, you need to ensure that you have the best women’s ski pants that are cozy, stretchy, and fit your waist comfortably. You can also wear these pants for various sports-related and adventure activities. Ski pants are mostly tailored with sturdy, water-repellent material on the outside. They are essential to help you stay warm and dry while snowboarding or skiing. They usually come with four fitted layers that protect your body from injuries and against the wind. These layers are mostly lined with sustainable materials like fleece or natural wool that gathers heat to keep you warm and is soft on your skin. Also, there is a wide range of variety, from slim fit to plus-size, and you get to choose the one that fits your preference. With tons of options out there, it can be tricky to gauge which ski pants are good quality and how much you should spend on them. Read this post to find out the 13 best ski pants for women.
In This Article
How To Choose Ski Pants
The choice of ski pants is influenced by factors like the material, budget, experience, fit, and comfort, etc. among many others. In addition to that, there are certain factors that you should keep in mind before buying ski pants.
- The leg gaiters should be tight enough to keep snow from entering up your ski pants.
- The pockets of the ski pant should have a zipper attached so you can carry small essentials with you.
- The fabric of the track pant should be stretchy or baggy to enable natural movement.
- Always choose pants with waist adjusters to offer a great fit.
- Selecting ski pants with thigh venting allows managing temperature control and ventilation.
- The hem of the pants should have anti-abrasive material increasing flexibility and durability.
- Waterproof property should be checked carefully before buying.
- The size of a ski pant shouldn’t be figure-hugging, or else it might limit movement.
- Many times, the seams for the ski pants are either glued or sewn to the back that can sometimes easily come out once you are out in the snow.
The section below focuses on some of the best ski pants for women, that are available in the market right now!
The 13 Best Women’s Ski Pants Of 2023 With A Buying Guide
Best Lightweight Material:Arctix Women's Insulated Snow Pants
These bestselling ski pants are made entirely from polyester and designed with side gussets of elastic to allow easy movement. These ski pants for beginners can keep you warm from temperatures between -20°F to +35°F and reviews show that it is a top-rated buy amongst women skiers as it is comfortable and warm.
- Lightweight and insulated
- Comfort suspenders provide a good fit
- Ballistic weaves embedded to reinforce guards at the ankle and hem
- Contains separate storage for small essentials
- Comes with boot zippers for convenient wearing
- Difficulty in sub-freezing temperature
"These pants kept me pleasantly warm against the freezing cold. I felt toasty, dry and my heat was well-contained. These pants also withstood snowy days. They're impressively windproof and warm too. I love the quality, style, and especially, the waist adjustment stripes. These are the perfect addition to my winter wardrobe."
You can also opt for polished, slightly flared snow pants and pair them with a vintage sweater, jacket, and white heel boots. It can be the perfect office wear.
Best Abrasion-Resistant:Ben Boy Women's Outdoor Waterproof Windproof Fleece Ski Pants
These 92% polyester and 8% spandex women ski pants are perfect for this winter as it is waterproof, windproof, warm, abrasion-resistant, and super comfortable! These skiing essentials are highly recommended by reviewers for outdoor activities like hiking, mountaineering, trekking, skiing, snowboarding, etc.
- It comes with small pockets that have a zipper to stow away essentials like phone, keys, etc.
- It has a waistband and a belt that can be adjusted
- Comes with some unique features like knee patchwork, and thigh cargo pockets with zippers
- Lined with fleece that acts as a water-repelling and windproof agent to keep you warm and dry
- Not suitable for freezing temperatures
"I enjoyed outdoor activities like hiking in these pants. They're light yet warm, though you might need thermals in the snow. I found them ideal for windy, wet weather too. They fit well, even over leggings, and have handy pockets. My only caution? Be careful near waterfalls if you want to stay completely dry! Ordering another pair soon - they really are that good."
Best For Outdoor Sports:Jessie Kidden Women's Outdoor Fleece-Lined Ski Pants
These pants are made using 100% polyester and are machine-washable, so you can toss them in the machine without worrying about damaging the fabric. Water and stain-proof, these snow pants allow water to run off the pants to keep you warm and dry. Based on reviewers’ experiences, they provide just enough warmth and are a perfect fit for plus-sized individuals.
- Comfortable fit with an adjustable stretchy waist
- Gusseted crotch design, allow free movements
- Wind and waterproof for maximum protection from cold environments
- Lined with fleece, these pants are perfect for winter outdoor sports like skiing, trekking, or even water rappelling, etc.
- Not suitable for sub-zero temperatures
"I sized it up and the fit was perfect, even with room for cold-weather leggings. I was relieved to find they're not squeaky! Honestly, they look fabulous on me."
Best Anti-Static Fabric:TSLA Women's Windproof Insulated Ski Bottoms
These are one of the best women’s ski pants in the market right now! These pants are crafted to have a 3-Layer construction to keep you warm. It allows for natural and smooth movements because of its cargo-pant style. This winter sports gear is designed with anti-static fabric and hence, effectively provides insulation.
- Velcro secured pockets that are perfect for storing keys, cards, etc.
- Easily accessible front enclosure secured with Velcro
- Reinforced leg guards secured by elastic boot gaiter
- The Velcro is not long enough to tighten the pants around the waist
Best Stain-Proof Fabric:Columbia Women's Modern Mountain 2.0 Snow Pant
These pants are made using 100% polyester and are machine-washable, so you can toss them in the machine without worrying about damaging the fabric. Water and stain-proof, these snow pants allow water to run off the pants to keep you warm and dry.
- Comes with features like leg garter on the inside, and zippered pockets allowing you to store essentials
- Comes with a waistband that can be adjusted
- These pants are made with water-resistant fabric for durability and flexibility
- Provides an excellent fit
- Plus-size options
- The gaiters can be too tight
"The quality of these pants has impressed me. They're snug around the thighs and fit well at the waist. They offered splendid warmth and comfort for my spring skiing. A sure recommendation for the quality."
Ski pants can get damp and cold. That’s why they need base layers, which help wick moisture and regulate heat, keeping you comfortable.
Best Elastic Material:Arctix Women's Essential Insulated Bib Overalls
These ski pants come with a ThermaLock Coating and 210T Taffeta lining. They are made entirely of nylon and designed with ThermaTech insulation. They are tested and proven to protect against harsh climatic conditions. These ski pants for advanced skiers also come with elasticized side gussets to encourage free movement. It’s durable so you can enjoy cross-country, resort, or alpine skiing without worrying much.
- Adjustable suspenders for a perfect fit
- 600 Denier Ballistic guards protect from wear and tear
- Seamless integration of boots using garters to keep it in place
- May not be suitable for extremely cold weather
"I worked in a freezer and needed warmth, and this product delivered. It's comfortable, insulated, and waterproof and withstood my snow escapades too! It showed impressive durability and remained rip-free. Plus, there's room for layering. All in all, I'm toasty and satisfied!"
Best Waterproof Material:Toomett Womenâ€™s Ski Waterproof Fleece Snow Pants
These pants are crafted from 100% polyester with a fleece lining. These ski pants for snowboarding consist of three layers- the surface layer coated with a water-repellent material, middle layer with supreme-quality fabric, and the inner layer with polar fleece. This unique combination makes these pants perfect for winter outdoor activities like hiking, mountaineering, camping, skiing, etc.
- Very comfortable to wear
- Comes with a waistband and a belt that can be adjusted
- Waterproof cargo pockets that can be zipped shut
- The waterproof feature is not effective in blizzards or snowstorms
"I can vouch for the warmth of these merino wool pants. They kept me comfortably warm even in really cold conditions, and surprisingly, they're flattering too! However, they're too narrow for downhill skiing. Aside from this, their stretchiness and waterproof features are commendable. Considering a second pair."
Do not tuck your ski pants into ski boots because it may cause the snow to slide into your feet, resulting in frostbite.
Best Snowproof Material:Mountain Warehouse Moon Women's Ski Pants
These pants are made using 100% polyester fabric and coated with a water-repellent material making it snowproof. They are thermally tested in laboratory conditions for optimal performance. It has got an adjustable and detachable brace to give you a perfect fit. The elastic waistband will provide you comfort while indulging in fun snow sports!
- Comes with an insulated compartment to stow away small objects
- Adjustable braces
- Comes with snow gaiters to prevent snow from entering your boots
- Difficult to put on single-handedly
"I purchased these for a mountain trip and found them to be incredibly warm. They run large - perfect for layering up or even accommodating a pregnancy. They're convertible; pants or straps, your choice. They provide toasty warmth and are snow-proof. Given their size, warmth, and versatility, they're easily one of my favorites."
Best Windproof Material:Little Donkey Andy Womenâ€™s Winter Hiking Ski Pants
These are made from 95% polyester and 5% spandex fabric and protect against wind and rain. These pants have three layers of insulated clothing with the mid-layer made up of TPU material, which is windproof. These pants are lined with 114 micro polar fleece lining, which has the ability to retain heat for a long time, thus keeping you comfortable. Reviewers on Amazon highly recommend these pants for snowy winters.
- Semi elastic leg opening that restricts the flow of the wind
- Water-resistant and breathable
- Allows unrestricted movement
- Flexible waist and insulated storage pockets
- Contains only two thigh pockets and no back pocket
"On cross-country skiing trips or chilly winter walks, these pants have served me well. They are quite comfortable and great for movement too. My daughter loves them for skiing! They fit just right with a decent waistband. The pockets? Simply awesome!"
Best Moisture-Wicking Fabric:APTROâ€™s Women's High-Tech Insulated Snow Pants
These fleece-lined pants are made by using 3D high-performance waterproof fabric that effectively prevents rain and snow soaking into your clothes. The insulated inner layers of the ski pant keep moisture away from your body, keeping you dry all day.
- Outer layers are made of windproof material
- Comes with mesh-lined venting to regulate body temperature
- Restricted movements as compared to other ski pants for women
Best Zippered Closure:Singbring Women's Outdoor Fleece-Lined Windproof Ski Pants
These pants are lined with fleece to keep you warm and cozy all day. It allows you to enjoy all kinds of winter activities like skiing, hiking, camping, mountaineering without worrying about getting too cold or wet.
- Water-repellent polyester surface layer keeps you dry
- Comes with an adjustable waistband
- Waterproof zippered pockets to store small essentials
- Not very warm for sub-zero freezing temperatures
"They're surprisingly comfortable and great for outdoor activities. They are ideal for hiking or icy adventures. The pants provide warmth, are waterproof, and remain quick-drying. Although a bit lengthy and baggy, they snugly fit over boots. A sturdy yet stretchy waist secures the fit. I would recommend keeping a pair for unexpected outdoor journeys."
Best Durability:Wildhorn Kessler Womenâ€™s Insulated Waterproof Ski Pants
Made with 100% polyester, these snow pants offer a snug fit. They allow you to move freely while indulging in snow sports. They are quite durable and are perfect for skiing and other adventure activities like mountain climbing, rappelling, etc. Its waterproof quality is amongst the best, providing protection against the harshest of rains. Online reviews of these pants highlight it for its great fit and cute color.
- Provides protection from harsh weather
- 2 waterproof front pockets and a thigh pocket that is water-resistant
- Complicated to wear single-handedly
"I've tried numerous pairs and these pants fit just right! They are snugly tailored but roomy, warm, and waterproof. My other pants failed against chilly dampness on chairlifts, but these ones hold up excellently. During extreme cold, they kept me comfortable on dog walks. I love the abundant pockets and the cuff fitting over my boots perfectly. They maintain dryness in snow and wash well too."
Best Snug Fit:Unitop Women's Water-Resistant Fleece Lined Ski Pants
From Unitop come these stylish, water-resistant ski pants, crafted using 5% spandex and 95% polyester. These ski pants with a relaxed fit have an elastic waistband to offer a snug fit. It also comes with zippered pockets secured with Velcro so you can stow away your phone and not miss out on the Insta-worth selfies on your trip!
- Perfect for snowy weather
- Comfortable material with knit feel
- Can be machined and hand washed
- Sizes may run small
- Buttons may be loose
"These pants won my heart with their practicality and comfort. They are perfect for hiking and snowshoeing. The pockets are super handy, though I found the waist a touch tight. Still, I find myself reaching for them often."
Skiing suits are your best friends on a trip to the mountains. Therefore, selecting good, well-insulated ski pants can elevate your experience and, at the same time, protect you from the biting cold. One significant factor to be kept in mind is the size of ski suits should not be too tight so as not to restrict the blood flow and give you some room for breathing. This was a list of the 13 best ski pants in the market right now. The Arctix Insulated Snow Pants is one of the finest options offering comfort and insulation, while the Columbia Modern Mountain 2.0 Snow Pant blends functionality with design and has water-resistant fabric. If you are looking for extra coverage and adjustable suspenders for a customizable fit, try the Arctix Essential Insulated Bib Overalls. Get your hands on one of these and head up to the mountains this winter!
Why Trust StyleCraze?
The author, Srijita De, is a fashion enthusiast. She loves trying trendy wear and is a big fan of ski pants. She has gone through brand websites and online reviews to pick the best ones for her readers. And she has considered all your requirements and product features to list out these pants. These are the must-have cozy wear for women who want to go for ski trips.
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I be wearing underneath my ski pants?
You can wear synthetic and natural fabrics as a base layer to keep yourself dry and warm.
What’s the difference between ski pants and insulated ski pants?
Ski pants are also known as insulated pants, as there is no difference between these two terms.
What is recco in ski pants?
Recco is an advanced emergency technology that helps rescuers to find people lost in an avalanche.
How tight should women’s ski pants be?
Ski pants should have a comfortable and breathable fit.
How often will you wear your ski pants?
You should wear them as long as you are on the ski fields. However, ski pants can also be worn as casual wear, which provides you suitable warmth and comfort.
How long do ski pants last?
High-quality ski pants may last long until you experience an unfortunate mishap while skiing. As you do not ski daily and it is limited to specific seasons, your ski pants will remain sturdy for a long time.
How often should you wash your ski pants?
Wash your ski pants once a season. Avoid dry-cleaning your pants to prevent damage and loose fabric.
- Best Scrub Pants For Petite Women To Buy
- Best Heated Pants To Keep You Warm And Cozy In Winter
- Best Ski Jackets To Keep You Warm This Winter
- Best Travel-Friendly Winter Wear To Buy