While going through your travel checklist for a ski trip, you need to ensure that you have the best ski pants for women that are cozy, stretchy, and fit your waist comfortably. You can also wear these pants for various sports-related and adventure activities. Ski pants are mostly tailored with sturdy, water-repellent material on the outside. They are essential to help you stay warm and dry while snowboarding or skiing. They usually come with four fitted layers that protect your body from injuries and against the wind. Also, there is a wide range of variety, from slim fit to plus size, and you get to choose the one that fits your preference. With tons of options out there, it can be tricky to gauge which ski pants are good quality and how much you should spend on them. Read this post to find out the 13 best women’s ski pants.
In This Article
How To Choose Ski Pants
The choice of ski pants is influenced by factors like the material, budget, experience, fit, and comfort, etc. among many others. In addition to that, there are certain factors that you should keep in mind before buying ski pants.
- The leg gaiters should be tight enough to keep snow from entering up your ski pants.
- The pockets of the ski pant should have a zipper attached so you can carry small essentials with you.
- The fabric of the track pant should be stretchy or baggy to enable natural movement.
- Always choose pants with waist adjusters to offer a great fit.
- Selecting ski pants with thigh venting allows managing temperature control and ventilation.
- The hem of the pants should have anti-abrasive material increasing flexibility and durability.
- Waterproof property should be checked carefully before buying.
- The size of a ski pant shouldn’t be figure-hugging, or else it might limit movement.
- Many times, the seams for the ski pants are either glued or sewn to the back that can sometimes easily come out once you are out in the snow.
The section below focuses on some of the best ski pants for women, that are available in the market right now!
13 Best Women Ski Pants In 2021
These ski pants are made entirely from polyester and designed with side gussets of elastic to allow easy movement. It can keep you warm from temperatures between -20°F to +35°F and is a top-rated buy amongst women skiers as it is comfortable and warm.
- Lightweight and insulated
- Comfort suspenders provide a good fit
- Ballistic weaves embedded to reinforce guards at the ankle and hem
- Contains separate storage for small essentials
- Comes with boot zippers for convenient wearing
- Difficulty in sub-freezing temperature
These 92% polyester and 8% spandex women ski pants are perfect for this winter as it is waterproof, windproof, warm, abrasion-resistant, and super comfortable! These pants are highly recommended for outdoor activities like hiking, mountaineering, trekking, skiing, snowboarding, etc.
- It comes with small pockets that have a zipper to stow away essentials like phone, keys, etc.
- It has a waistband and a belt that can be adjusted
- Comes with some unique features like knee patchwork, and thigh cargo pockets with zippers
- Lined with fleece that acts as a water-repelling and windproof agent to keep you warm and dry
- Not suitable for freezing temperatures
These pants are lined with fleece and coated with a water-resistant coating that effectively restrains the water from penetrating. This coating also restricts water accumulation to retain warmth during a rainy or humid day. The 3D cutting style from the knees gives more space to the legs to stretch.
- Comfortable fit with an adjustable stretchy waist
- Gusseted crotch design, allow free movements
- Wind and waterproof for maximum protection from cold environments
- Lined with fleece, these pants are perfect for winter outdoor sports like skiing, trekking, or even water rappelling, etc.
- Not suitable for sub-zero temperatures
These are one of the best women’s ski pants in the market right now! These pants are crafted to have a 3-Layer construction to keep you warm. It allows for natural and smooth movements because of its cargo-pant style. It is designed with anti-static fabric and hence, effectively provides insulation.
- Velcro secured pockets that are perfect for storing keys, cards, etc.
- Easily accessible front enclosure secured with Velcro
- Reinforced leg guards secured by elastic boot gaiter
- The Velcro is not long enough to tighten the pants around the waist
These pants are made using 100% polyester and are machine-washable, so you can toss them in the machine without worrying about damaging the fabric. Water and stain-proof, these pants allow water to run off the pants to keep you warm and dry.
- Comes with features like leg garter on the inside, and zippered pockets allowing you to store essentials
- Comes with a waistband that can be adjusted
- These pants are made with water-resistant fabric for durability and flexibility
- Provides an excellent fit
- The gaiters can be too tight
These ski pants come with a ThermaLock Coating and 210T Taffeta lining. They are made entirely of nylon and designed with ThermaTech insulation. It also comes with elasticized side gussets to encourage free movement.
- Adjustable suspenders for a perfect fit
- 600 Denier Ballistic guards protect from wear and tear
- Seamless integration of boots using garters to keep it in place
- May not be suitable for extremely cold weather
These pants are crafted from 100% polyester with a fleece lining. It consists of three layers- the surface layer coated with a water-repellent material, middle layer with supreme-quality fabric, and the inner layer with polar fleece. This unique combination makes these pants perfect for winter outdoor activities like hiking, mountaineering, camping, skiing, etc.
- Very comfortable to wear
- Comes with a waistband and a belt that can be adjusted
- Waterproof cargo pockets that can be zipped shut
- The waterproof feature is not effective in blizzards or snowstorms
These pants are made using 100% polyester fabric and coated with a water-repellent material making it snowproof. It has got an adjustable and detachable brace to give you a perfect fit. The elastic waistband will provide you comfort while indulging in fun snow sports!
- Comes with an insulated compartment to stow away small objects
- Adjustable braces
- Comes with snow gaiters to prevent snow from entering your boots
- Difficult to put on single-handedly
These are made from 95% polyester and 5% spandex fabric and protect against wind and rain. These pants have three layers of insulated clothing with the mid-layer made up of TPU material, which is windproof. These pants are lined with 114 micro polar fleece lining, which has the ability to retain heat for a long time, thus keeping you comfortable.
- Semi elastic leg opening that restricts the flow of the wind
- Water-resistant and breathable
- Allows unrestricted movement
- Flexible waist and insulated storage pockets
- Contains only two thigh pockets and no back pocket
These fleece-lined pants are made by using 3D high-performance waterproof fabric that effectively prevents rain and snow soaking into your clothes. The insulated inner layers of the ski pant keep moisture away from your body, keeping you dry all day.
- Outer layers are made of windproof material
- Comes with mesh-lined venting to regulate body temperature
- Restricted movements as compared to other ski pants for women
These pants are lined with fleece to keep you warm and cozy all day. It allows you to enjoy all kinds of winter activities like skiing, hiking, camping, mountaineering without worrying about getting too cold or wet.
- Water-repellent polyester surface layer keeps you dry
- Comes with an adjustable waist
- Waterproof zippered pockets to store small essentials
- Not very warm for sub-zero freezing temperatures
Made with 100% polyester, these snow pants offer a snug fit. They allow you to move freely while indulging in snow sports. They are quite durable and are perfect for skiing and other adventure activities like mountain climbing, rappelling, etc. Its waterproof quality is amongst the best, providing protection against the harshest of rains.
- Provides protection from harsh weather
- 2 waterproof front pockets and a thigh pocket that is water-resistant
- Complicated to wear single-handedly
From Unitop come these stylish, water-resistant ski pants, crafted using 5% spandex and 95% polyester. These pants have an elastic waistband to offer a snug fit. It also comes with zippered pockets secured with Velcro so you can stow away your phone and not miss out on the Insta-worth selfies on your trip!
- Perfect for snowy weather
- Comfortable material with knit feel
- Can be machined and hand washed
- Sizes may run small
- Buttons may be loose
Skiing suits are your best friends on a trip to the mountains. Therefore, selecting good, well-insulated ski pants can elevate your experience and, at the same time, protect you from the biting cold. One significant factor to be kept in mind is the size of ski suits should not be too tight so as not to restrict the blood flow and give you some room for breathing. This was a list of the 13 best ski pants in the market right now. Get your hands on one of these and head up to the mountains this winter!
Do you have any suggestions regarding this post? Do let us know in the comments below!
- Best Scrub Pants For Petite Women To Buy
- Best Heated Pants To Keep You Warm And Cozy In Winter
- Best Ski Jackets To Keep You Warm This Winter
- Best Travel-Friendly Winter Wear To Buy