If the skin tags on your face or body have been annoying you, try getting your hands on the best skin tag remover. Skin tags are small painless, skin-colored lumps or growths that commonly occur on your face, neck, armpits, eyelids, or groin area. While harmless, they may seem annoying to many. While these can be removed through homeopathic treatments or the cryo-freeze method, a high-quality skin tag remover can also help get it removed easier and faster. To help you get that evenly clear skin, we have shortlisted the 15 best skin tag removers to make it easier for you!
In This Article
15 Best Skin Tag Removers
The Tag Band Skin Tag Removal Device is designed to work fast in removing skin tags. It delivers permanent results with just one use. The user manual is easy to understand and guides you through the procedure. It works best on skin tags that are 4 to 6 mm wide. You get small, white-colored bands that you push on the tip of the pen and roll it towards the base. You have to place the TagBand remover onto the cone and push it to its bottom. You position the hollow side or the base of the cone over the skin tag. Push the remover towards the skin tag and pull the cone to release the band on the skin tag. The band cuts off the blood supply to the skin tag. After a few days, the skin tag will fall off without causing you any pain.
- Works fast
- Easy to use
- User manual with instructions provided
- May cause skin redness
2. Best User-Friendly: Compound W Freeze Off Remover
The Compound W Freeze Off Remover works well on plantar warts. The ultra-precision applicator tip adjusts the area of contact to freeze warts. Salicylic acid helps the wart peel off gradually over 10-14 days. Apply gentle pressure to the applicator tip for 40 seconds to remove the wart without leaving scars. This product is dermatologically tested and is both safe and simple to use.
- Works immediately
- Efficient and safe
- Does not leave scars
- Skin-friendly formula
- May cause allergic reactions
3. Best Pain-Free Removal: Dr. Scholl’s Liquid Wart Remover
The Dr. Scholl’s Clear Away Wart Remover is a fast-acting liquid that eliminates common warts. It contains 17% salicylic acid, which dissolves wart tissue, causing it to relax and fall off. This skin tag remover eases discomfort, conceals discs, and preserves the skin while treating the wart. Allow each wart to dry after applying one drop at a time using an applicator. Use it once or twice daily as needed for up to 12 weeks. This treatment is perfect for fingers and toes; it has been dermatologically evaluated and is entirely safe for use.
- Safe and effective
- Safe for children
- Not suitable for the entire body
4. Best Lightweight Design: Skin Clinic FREEZE ‘n CLEAR Advanced Wart Remover
Try the Skin Clinic Freeze ‘n Clear and see how quickly and effectively it works after a single treatment. Unlike dome-style freezing treatments, which do not reach crucial treatment temperatures, this product achieves the ideal temperature for eradicating resistant warts. The set includes two highly precise applicators that gently target troublesome warts with medical-grade cryo-treatment. This product does not hurt or blister healthy skin.
- Doctors’ choice
- 2 sizes for safe freezing
- Value for money
5. Best Ergonomic Design: Dr. Scholl’s Freeze Away MAX Wart Remover
The Dr. Scholl’s Freeze Away MAX Wart Remover is a medical device that easily removes regular and heel warts. The precise spray of chilling gas freezes the wart down to the core. Spray for ten to fifteen seconds while slowly pushing your thumb down on the can. It provides long-term benefits with a single application. However, do not use this device in sensitive places like the eyes.
- Fast action
- Suitable for the entire body
- Safe for children
- Precision spray for direct freezing
- Dermatologically tested
6. Best Natural Formula: Boiron Thuja Occidentalis Wart Removal Medicine
The Boiron Thuja Occidentalis Wart Removal Medicine is a painless method of removing regular warts on the body or plantar warts on the heels. It contains an organic active ingredient, white cedar, for pain-free wart removal. This medication is prepared with high-quality ingredients and environmentally friendly techniques, with no added sugars, tastes, colors, or preservatives. Instead of using messy liquids or patches to remove warts, this product provides an oral alternative. The unflavored pills melt in the mouth without water, making them suitable for children, teenagers, and adults.
- Natural ingredients
- Pain-free removal
- Suitable for all skin types
- Safe for children
7. Best Durable Design: NEATCELL Cordless Rechargeable Blue Light Pen
The Neatcell Cordless Blue Light Pen is an efficient and powerful tool for removing skin tags. This pen features a small pulse width and produces little heat. It includes nine light output speed levels and four light intensity levels that may be tuned arbitrarily. It comes with glasses and can be charged through USB. This cordless tool is lightweight and portable, making it ideal for at-home use.
- Safe and easy to use
8. Best Chemical-Free Formula: Forces Of Nature Organic Wart Remover
The Forces Of Nature Organic Wart treatment is a strong and safe way to get rid of warts, leaving behind fresh, smooth skin. It is suitable for warts on the fingers, cheeks, feet, and body. This organic product contains thuja, tea tree, thyme, lemon, and natural ingredients that sink deep into the skin, eliminating warts and restoring skin tissue to its normal color. Use a wet cotton swab, and dab directly on warts thrice daily. This approach is simple to apply, effective, safe, and suitable for everyone.
- Painless removal
- Contains natural ingredients
- May cause irritation to those allergic to essential oils
The Pristine Herbal Touch Wart & Mole Vanish removes two to five large skin outgrowths or five to twenty-five smaller skin outgrowths. The formula contains active ingredients from lemon, cashew plant, and fig plant. The formula works for all skin types and is safe to use on the body and face. It comes with cotton swabs, applicator sticks, anti-bacterial solutions, WMV bottle, and a wart/mole vanish cream. A user manual is provided to guide the users on how to use this kit to remove skin tags, warts, and moles. Twenty minutes of application is recommended.
- Removes 2-5 large growths or 5-25 smaller skin growths
- Works for all skin types
- Safe to use on the body and face
- May cause scars that may take two to three months to fade away
- Contains talc
AMZGIRL Skin Tag Remover is a portable pen that effectively removes skin tags, warts, dark spots, nevus, tattoos, and moles. It offers 9 adjustable strength modes to give you an easy and painless experience for different skin issues. It comes with one big and one small needle to effectively remove small or large spots/ tags and also has a spotlight for precise removal. Additionally, the rechargeable pen has a LED display of strength mode, making it convenient for use and travel.
- Comes with additional needles
- Offers 9 strength modes
- Versatile for different skin concerns
- Battery issues
The Compound W Skin Tag Removal is a DIY skin tag removing device that removes skin tags without harming the surrounding skin tissue. The TagTarget adheres lightly to the surrounding healthy skin, protecting it from scarring. The foam-tip applicator is pressed on the skin tag. You may apply light pressure on the applicator tip and hold it in place for forty seconds. It removes the skin tag without causing any scarring. You may feel a slight tingling sensation.
- Does not harm the surrounding skin
- Does not cause scarring
- Works fast
- Effective and safe
- It can be used on the body and face
- May be tedious to use
The SkinPro Skin Tag Remover &Mole Corrector is infused with medical-grade 17% salicylic acid. It is among the fastest-acting skin tag and mole removers. The bottle contains an ultra fiber brush applicator. Applying this solution twice a day helps dry out the skin tag. The tag then falls off naturally in twelve weeks without causing any pain. The tea tree oil in the solution helps reduce skin redness and swelling. The solution is easy to use, does not cause scarring, and works on flat moles a well.
- Contains tea tree oil for better results
- Contains an ultra fiber brush applicator
- Fast-acting skin tag and flat mole remover
- Works on body and face
- Reduces skin redness and swelling
- Not suitable for people with sensitive skin
The Meoly Skin Tag Removal Kit includes 1 band applicator, 1 band remover cone, 12 cleansing wipes, 24 micro bands, 36 skin repair patches. It is suitable for tags measuring 2mm-6mm in size. It also includes a manual to guide you through the process easily and painlessly. It is suitable to be used on all body and facial areas except for the sensitive eye. The Kit claims to remove skin tags in 7-15 days.
- Easy and safe to use
- Comes with a manual
- No scarring
- Bands may break easily
The Tagrid Skin Tag Remover Cream is a gentle and safe formula made with all-natural ingredients. This easy-to-use formula is a perfect home solution to remove skin tags, moles, spots, warts, and nevus. This effective cream targets the root of the skin tag and removes it in just 2-3 weeks. This formula is also safe to use on children above six years of age.
- Made with natural ingredients
- Safe and gentle
- Quick results in 2-3 weeks
- Safe to use on children
Dr. King’s Natural Medicine Skin Tag Remover is a homeopathic topical skin tag remover. It is natural, gentle, and safe. It does not cause any scarring or pain. The brush applicator in the kit makes the application of the tag remover easy. The remover is safe for sensitive skin. It works by drying the skin tag. The skin tag falls off in a few days. The cedar leaf oil heals and smoothens the skin.
- It is natural, gentle, and safe.
- It does not cause any scarring or pain.
- Comes with a brush applicator
- It is safe for sensitive skin.
- Cedar leaf oil heals the skin tag lesions and smoothens the skin.
- May be too slow to work on larger skin tags
The best way to remove skin tags without expensive surgeries, or painful methods, is to invest in quick, safe, and effective skin tag removing products. There are many skin tag removers in the market from creams to needle removal devices and serums that instantly remove your tags, making it hard to pick the right one. For your convenience, here’s a buying guide to help choose the best skin tag removers that you can use at home.
How To Choose The Best Skin Tag Removers For Use At Home
1. Types Of Treatment
There are different types of skin tag products in the market ranging from topical creams to repair patches, medical grade serums, rechargeable plan, and even DIY kits. Choose the right one based on your preference:
- Topical Creams: Topical cream tag removing formulas, effectively help remove skin tags, spots, moles, warts, and even nevus. They are either chemical-based or made with natural ingredients, and can clear the tags in just 2 to 3 weeks.
- Tag Removal Kit: Tag removal kits often consist of repair patches and a remover band. These kits work by removing the skin tag in a six step process, without leaving behind any scars or causing irritation. The bands slowly dry out the skin tag by stopping blood supply, while repair patches heal the scar quickly.
- Tag Removal Pen: A tag removal pen comes with different adjustable strands, and an LED display for effective removal of skin tags and dark spots. It comes with multiple precise needles that effectively remove skin tags, instantly and painlessly.
- Medical Grade Treatment: Medical grade skin tag removal treatments contain formulas with tea tree oil, alcohol, or salicylic acid. This treatment targets the root cause of stubborn skin tags, and safely removes them within 12 days.
It is vital that you consider the size of your skin tag before choosing a skin tag remover. Smaller tags can be easily removed at home with any of the products mentioned above, but if you have larger skin tags you must undergo a surgery or get it removed by a dermatologist.
3. Skin Type
When going for topical formulas or serum treatments, go for a gentle and skin safe formula with all natural ingredients, especially if you have sensitive or eczema prone skin.
These are the fifteen skin tag removing products. But is a skin tag remover necessary? Let us find out.
Is A Skin Tag Remover Necessary?
A skin tag remover could be necessary if the skin tag is bothering you. Certain skin tags are large or could be on the face or neck. These could be annoying. A skin tag remover serves as an effective, quick, and inexpensive way of removing such tags.
In the following section, we have listed the factors you need to check for before purchasing a skin tag remover.
Tips To Choose The Right Product
- Size – Depending on the size of the skin tag, choose a product that can effectively remove it. Larger skin tags may need to be removed by a dermatologist.
- Preference – Do you want an ointment, a skin tag removing band, or a cryo-freeze device? Ointments can be applied topically. The other types of skin tag removers may cause a slight tingling sensation.
- Healing Time-While some skin tag removers take seven days to remove the tags, others take about three weeks. Choose a skin tag remover based on this need.
Infographic: Skin Tag Removers: Buying Guide And Application Tips
Skin tags can be unflattering. If you wish to get rid of them, you can look at skin tag removal products. Many are convenient to use at home, while some treatments require dermatologists. Check our infographic below to choose a skin tag remover. It also mentions buying and application tips you must know to make an effective purchase and gain beneficial results. Keep scrolling for more information!
Skin tags come in the way of smooth, flawless skin and can be quite annoying, although harmless. However, you do not have to opt for expensive surgeries to get rid of them. The cosmetic industry now has painless methods, such as creams, to get rid of skin tags. These products are a quick, effective, safe, and inexpensive way to bid goodbye to your woes. These are also natural, gentle, and skin-friendly. However, be aware that some may dry out your skin and may not be suitable for sensitive skin types.
Dr. Schwarzburg, a leading authority in the field of minimally invasive cosmetic and laser medicine, says, “If you experience dry skin after this treatment, be sure to apply a thick moisturizer to hydrate the treated area.”
He adds, “Skin tags can appear at various regions of the body. Ones in more sensitive or delicate areas such as the periorbital region around the eyes may be better addressed by a medical professional. Always speak with a doctor before using any new products, to confirm that what you have is in fact a skin tag and nothing more serious.”
Why Trust StyleCraze?
The author, Oyendrila Kanjilal, is a certified skin care coach. With her in-depth knowledge and expertise in this domain and studying a big pool of user feedback, she has created this list of best skin tag removers to help you get rid of those annoying skin tags. These products are easy to use, durable, affordable, and work effectively and painlessly.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does a wart remover work on removing skin tags?
Yes, wart removers may work on skin tags.
Can you remove skin tags at home?
Yes, you can remove skin tags at home. Use any one of the products mentioned above to get rid of skin tags safely and quickly at home.
How do I remove a skin tag?
You may use a device with cryo-freeze technology, physical bands, or homeopathic topical creams to remove skin tags at home. However, you may also opt for surgery. The method you adopt depends on the severity of your skin tags.
Can skin tags grow back? If yes, how can I stop that from happening?
Skin tags usually may grow in areas with a higher chance of skin chafing – armpits, inner thighs, under the breasts, etc. However, once a skin tag is removed, it may not grow back. But the evidence is limited in this aspect. Consult your doctor.
What causes skin tags?
A skin tag results from skin friction caused by either skin folds in obese people or clothes. Also, hormonal changes can trigger skin tags in pregnant women. Older people with type 2 diabetes are more likely to develop skin tags.
Is skin tag remover the same as wart remover?
No, skin tag removers cannot be used to treat warts.
Does over-the-counter skin tag removal work?
Yes, OTC skin tag removers help treat skin tags effectively and safely.
How to use a skin tag remover?
• Clean the skin around the tag.
• Carefully place the remover solution on the targeted spot.
• Wipe off the solution after two minutes.
• If the skin turns red, the procedure is successful.
• Continue this for the next couple of days.
• The red spot will darken and get dissolved in a week.