Speed dating and associated dating conversations can be as intimidating as it is thrilling. It is an excellent approach to meet a large number of possible dates and form quick connections in a short period of time. There are tons of excellent speed dating questions listed below; simply select a few for your evening. Asking funny, direct questions can help you quickly learn about your date’s personality and determine if you want to pursue them. Most people use speed dating to meet their ideal partner. By asking the right speed dating questions, you can identify a potential partner even faster. Scroll down to check out all types of speed dating questions!
In This Article
Fun Speed Dating Questions To Ask
When you are speed dating, you must have an arsenal of questions in your quiver so you can shoot the right arrows at the right time. Asking funny speed dating questions helps you learn if the person you are for speed networking with has a good sense of humor. Some funny questions for speed dating are:
- If you were a thing, what would you be?
- If you had no GPS, how would you find your destination?
- What is your claim to fame?
- How do you handle a bad hair day?
- What do you do if you find hair in your food?
- What superpower would you like to have?
- What’s your go-to funny story?
- Which is your favorite era?
- What’s the weirdest experience you’ve ever had?
- Whiskey or beer?
- How often do you get excited?
- Do you know any magic tricks?
- Would you choose to fight a shark or wrestle a lion?
- What would be the name of the book written on your life?
- If given a chance, who would you spy on?
- Who do you want to be trapped in a hotel with?
- What is an expensive yet silly thing you own?
- What animal do you most identify with?
- What’s the strangest food you’ve tried?
- What illegal thing do you want to do in life?
- What’s your party trick?
- If you were a book, which one would you be?
- Have you ever drunk-dialed anyone? How did it go?
- Would you rather live in a cabin in the woods or a busy city?
- When was the last time you laughed really hard?
- Which celebrity do you hate the most?
- Which movie title suits you the best?
- What is the pickup line you use most often?
- What is your strangest habit?
- If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you’d buy?
- Which superhero would you most like to be?
- Which animated character would you most like to kiss?
- Which movie character do you resemble?
Interesting Speed Dating Questions
Speed dating sounds and is often very exciting. However, there can be times during the date when things get a bit dreary or boring. These moments require rapid fire questions that make the conversation interesting and allow more scope for both people to open up. These questions can be funny, quirky, or intellectual or revolve around habits, likes and dislikes, personality traits, career goals, future plans, and pretty much anything you want. If you are wondering what are some interesting speed dating questions to ask, keep reading:
- How would your friends describe you in one word?
- What are you hiding now?
- Do you like backpacking or luxurious travel?
- Do you prefer vanilla or chocolate?
- How much social interaction is too much for you?
- Would you like to experience a zombie apocalypse?
- What color best describes your personality?
- What’s your take on PDA?
- Would you rather have a golden voice or a silver tongue?
- Are you an optimist or a pessimist?
- What place do you most want to explore?
- What is a crazy thing you did recently?
- What book are you reading these days?
- Would you rather be on a survival reality show or a dating game show?
- What is your favorite breakfast?
- What would you be working on if you didn’t need money?
- If money were no object, what would you buy for yourself?
- What’s your strangest quirk?
- When was the last time you walked for more than an hour?
- What would people be most surprised to learn about you?
- What do you first notice when you meet someone new?
- What is the most disgusting thing you’ve ever tasted?
- Do you like country living or city life?
- What’s expensive but totally worth it?
- Would you rather go without the internet for a week or without your phone?
- What music are you listening to these days?
- What would you like to change if you could travel to the past?
- Which is your favorite drink?
- How do you de-stress?
- Are you a party person?
- What meal can you cook in 30 minutes?
- Would you describe yourself as adventurous?
- Are you a thinker or a doer?
Icebreaker Speed Dating Questions You Must Know
Icebreaker questions are very important for speed dating as they are thought-provoking and encourage people to talk. They can offer a deep insight into the person’s personality, thoughts, and behavior. These questions can also be light-hearted and enable the people on a date to understand how similar or different they are. Many conversations emerge from these icebreaker questions. Here is a list of some of the best icebreaker questions that you can ask on your date!
- Mountains or beaches?
- What kind of pizza do you like?
- Are you a morning bird or night owl?
- What do you first notice when you meet someone new?
- What are you passionate about in life?
- What do you think about aliens?
- If you could be someone else, who would you be?
- Do you believe in ghosts?
- What is your silliest habit?
- What is your favorite food?
- What is your guilty pleasure?
- What TV show do you never miss?
- What food have you eaten too much of in your life?
- What is your favorite self-care activity?
- What do you like to do in your free time?
- What is your idea of relaxing?
- What kind of music do you like?
- Which do you like more: crunchy or smooth peanut butter?
- Who was your first crush?
- What is your favorite junk food?
- What is your favorite TV show?
- Do you like animals/pets?
- What is your idea of the perfect day?
- What genre of movies do you prefer?
- Do you play any musical instrument?
- What do you do on a typical Sunday?
- What kind of food do you like?
Childhood Questions To Ask During Speed Dating
Asking childhood-related speed dating questions is a good way to learn more about your date’s dreams, aspirations, interests, family background, beliefs, education, upbringing, and anything that has shaped them into who they are today. Asking questions related to their childhood supports rapid mingling, can bring out the child in them and enable you to have a better connection with them.
- What was your dream job as a child?
- Which childhood birthday was your favorite?
- Do you have a nickname?
- What is your fondest memory of your family?
- What are you most grateful for?
- What was your favorite game to play as a child?
- What is your favorite memory from school?
- What makes you feel overwhelmed?
- What story from your childhood do your parents tell people all the time?
- What was your dream house when you were little?
- Who are you closest to in your family?
Flirty Speed Dating Questions
Being flirty on a date comes naturally to most people. But, if you are someone who needs a bit of help in the flirting department, here’s what you can do. If the timing is right and you have struck the right chords, asking a few flirty speed dating questions to get to know the person a bit better can help in quick connecting. And, who knows? You might just have a next date planned before this one ends! Here are some flirty dating questions that you can ask:
- What is the most romantic thing I could do for you?
- Where do you want to go on our next date?
- What do you think is your best feature?
- What do you think is my best feature?
- Are you obsessed with something right now?
- What is your craziest fantasy?
- What are your top three turn-ons?
- Are you aware of how amazing you are?
- What’s the perfect way to ask someone out?
- What’s the sexiest thing a significant other can do for you?
- Do you prefer a foot rub or a back rub?
- Describe your first kiss in one word.
- Do you like grand gestures?
- Do you like staying in or going out?
- Where is the best place to have a first date?
- What’s your idea of the perfect date?
- Have you ever flirted with someone to get out of a sticky situation?
- What made you smile today?
- What’s the most romantic thing you’ve ever done?
- What gift would make you fall in love with someone instantly?
- How would you describe yourself in two words?
- How important is sexual compatibility to you?
- How do you know if someone is amazing?
- Do you find yourself more drawn to brains or looks?
- If you could choose any place in the world you’d like to be right now, where would it be and why?
- If you could have three wishes come true, what would they be?
- Do you have any passions? What do you love to do?
- What emoji do you usually use when you’re flirting?
- When you return home after a long day at work, how do you relax?
- If you could spend an entire day with me, how would it look?
- If I came to your house, what would you cook for me?
- Where do you want to have our first date?
- Do you think soulmates are real?
- Do you believe in love at first sight?
- Would you like to go on a day date or a night date?
Topics to Avoid During Speed Dating
Speed dating can be fun and engaging if you meet the right person. At the same time, each person you meet in your speed dating journey is going to be different, with different viewpoints and perspectives. Though these speed dating questions are useful, you must always tailor them according to the person in front of you. And, there are some topics that you must avoid during speed dating:
- Any addictions (drugs, alcohol, etc.) they may have.
- Do not interrogate your date about their exes, and especially why things went south with them.
- Never ask your date where they live on the first date.
- Asking how much they make might make you sound like a gold digger. So, avoid it!
- While saying things like “How come you are still single?” may sound like a compliment, some people might take offense. So, it is best to avoid this question.
- Just like asking for your date’s address may sound creepy, do not ask your date their contact details unless they have agreed to a date.
Infographic: Top 10 Speed Dating Questions To Understand Them Better
In speed dating, you should be quick and smart if you want to know more about the person. Since you will be pressed for time, you must think of quick conversation starters to strike a chord with the person. However, the other person shouldn’t feel like its an interview. That’s why you have to plan and pick the right questions. The infographic below is a collection of the top 10 questions that will help you know the fun, flirty, and personal side of the person. Take a look!
Speed dating is definitely interesting. However, it is important to have a few amazing questions in mind to avoid boredom, keep the momentum going and build chemistry. The questions mentioned above can help you discover more about your date and understand points of conflict or common grounds. Of course, you can also tweak them according to your liking. But make sure you are polite while asking questions and not offend your date. The idea is to have fun and get to know the person better at the same time. When you need to know something about a person, regardless of the topic, the most important thing is to ask open questions as much as possible, because they will let you have more details. The alternative is to simply get a “yes” or a “no”.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a speed dating format?
Speed dating is a process where individuals are paired up on three to ten-minute dates for speed meeting. When the time is up, the person moves to the next date.
How do you introduce yourself on speed dating?
Starting off strong is key in speed dating! Begin with a warm greeting like “Hi” or “Good evening,” and then introduce yourself with your name. This sets the tone for an enjoyable and meaningful conversation, making a positive first impression.
How should I dress for speed dating?
Speed dating is all about first impressions, so wear an outfit that makes you feel confident and reflects your personality. For men, options like a smart shirt and jeans or a sharp suit work well. Women can opt for a stunning dress, a skirt and blouse, or even jeans paired with a top and jacket. By choosing an outfit that makes you feel confident, you’ll be ready to shine and make meaningful connections.
What do you text after speed dating?
Speed dating is a fun way to meet new people! So, after the event, make sure to follow up with the person you met to show your interest and keep the connection going. You will definitely want to mention how much you enjoyed their company, and maybe even bring up a topic of conversation or joke that you both shared during the date. And, if you really clicked, consider asking them out for a coffee or dinner date. A kind and thoughtful text after speed dating can help keep the spark alive and pave the way for a wonderful future relationship!
- Dating questions are a great way to improve your dating game, know each other better, and make a wise decision.
- A question can be as simple as one word to describe you, or it can be a complex one, like are you hiding anything at the moment. You can also ask questions related to childhood or romantic questions like describing the first kiss.
- Dating questions are not limited to any specific topic. However, the catch lies in framing them accurately to develop a rapport instantly.
Learn about the top speed dating questions in the video below to help you make the most of your speed dating experience. Get tips and tricks to make your date a success!