Do you want to get rid of your breathing difficulties without having to take drugs? Then, personal steam inhalers are a perfect choice for you. Be it the cold, flu, allergies, or respiratory problems, steam inhaling is a quick and effective way to battle them. Personal steam inhalers are mostly compact and run on batteries or electricity. They can be used for various purposes. Want to know more about them? Keep reading.
Before we look at the top 10 steam inhalers, let’s first understand the difference between a steam inhaler and a humidifier.
Table Of Contents
A Steam Inhaler Vs. A Humidifier
Be it humidifiers, vaporizers, aromatherapy diffusers, or steam inhalers, all of them have a similar function, i.e., to introduce moisture into the atmosphere. However, the mechanism and goal of each product differ from the other. Humidifiers and steam inhalers serve the same purpose (to increase humidity), but they vary slightly.
Humidifiers involve no heating element and increase the humidity levels in the air without increasing the temperature. Steam inhalers are a type of vaporizers, which increase both humidity and temperature in the air. Steam inhalers can release the humidity directly into the sinuses and lungs of the user, whereas humidifiers break water into tiny particles that can be inhaled. Steam inhalers are effective in giving short-term results, unlike humidifiers.
Let’s now take a look at the 10 best steam inhalers you can buy.
10 Best Steam Inhalers
1. Vicks Personal Electric Steam Inhaler
This compact steam inhaling device helps in alleviating the symptoms of flu, cold, bronchitis, and other respiratory issues. The steam generated from sinus relieves your nasal, throat, and sinus passages instantly, making you breathe and feel easy. Vicks vapor inhaler gives you the option of adjusting the steam flow levels, and its design is perfect for travel. The warm mist of steam is soothing to the eyes and sore nose.
- Adjustable steam settings
- Contains Vicks vapor stick
- Automatic shut-off feature
- Easy to use
- Perfect for travel
2. My Pur Mist Handheld Personal Steam Inhaler Vaporizer
MyPurMist Personal Steam sinus Inhaler produces a very fine mist that penetrates deep into your sinus cavities and provides maximum relief to users having respiratory issues. This device is portable, easy to use, and releases almost 100% germ-free steam.
- Hospital-grade material construction and technology
- Comfortable and soft mask
- Provides instant and maximum relief
- Lasts for a short duration
3. Pure Daily Care Nanosteamer
This nano-ionic facial steamer is a new type of steamer that combines ultrasonic vaporizer and the heating element to release nano steam that contains negatively charged ions. Nano steam is 10 times more effective than normal steam in terms of skin penetration. Besides clearing your airways, this multifunctional device allows you to humidify a room and warm your towels.
- Multifunctional device
- Improved blood circulation and cell vitality
- Enhances facial beauty
- Comes with a five-piece skincare regimen
- Too expensive
4. Mabis Personal Steam Inhaler
This product is manufactured using plastic. It acts as both a steam inhaler as well as an aromatherapy device, so you can use some essential oils for aromatherapy besides clearing your airways. This product has a soft mask, a flexible extension tube, a measuring cup, a power cord, and aromatherapy and drains tanks.
- Acts as an aromatherapy device too
- Comfortable and soft mask
- Adjustable and filter-free steam control
- Difficult to operate
5. UnicLife Handheld Ultrasonic Inhaler
UnicLife Handheld Ultrasonic nose Inhaler has a distinctive feature called the atomizing transducer mesh, which helps in purifying the steam before it enters your airways. It is also considered as a safe and family-friendly product because it releases cool mist instead of hot steam. This inhaler has a flexible soft mask, compact design, and automatic shut-off.
- Safe to use
- Automatic shut-off
- Atomizing transducer mesh purifies the steam
- Must be cleaned after every use
6. PChero Mini Handheld Steam Inhaler
This portable steam inhaler works on micro-porous direct mesh and ultrasonic technology. It has two modes – large and small atomization. The pack includes one mouthpiece, one mask for adults, and one mask for kids. This lightweight and compact steam inhaler is very convenient to carry during travel. It does not produce sound, consumes less power, and has a built-in 1400mAh high-performance lithium battery that can be recharged using its 5V micro-USB charger.
- Easy to clean
- Helps in vocal recovery
- Turns off automatically
- The battery needs to be changed regularly.
7. LEDNICEKER Professional Facial Steamer
This product works both as an inhaler as well as a facial steamer. It releases a warm mist that clears your airways and can be used on different skin types. Its vapor pot is made of aluminum. This steamer has several built-in safety features, such as automatic shut-off, temperature regulator, and overheat prevention.
- Performs dual functions of a steamer as well as an inhaler
- Has several built-in safety features
- Durable enough
- Not enough steam generation due to a smaller water tank.
8. Veridian Steam Inhaler – 11-525
This steam inhaler comes with two different masks, one small and the other large. It has adjustable steam control and helps in alleviating congestion and respiratory issues. You can monitor the water level through its clean tank.
- Adjustable steam control
- Comes with small and large masks
- Easy to clean
- Has an unpleasant odor of plastic
9. Feellife Air Pro Portable Inhaler
The very fine mist released by this portable inhaler not only clears the airways but also cleanses the skin. It is lightweight and compact, making it an ideal choice for travel. This product produces cool mist instead of hot steam and is built to provide quick inhalation relief.
- Easy to operate
- Compact design
- Ideal for traveling
- Can be used by anyone
- Doesn’t have many built-in features
10. Cotfy Portable Mini Nebulizer
This compact and lightweight steam inhaler operates silently without producing noise. It is a one-button operation system that can be carried anywhere and anytime. This steam inhaler creates fine mist for maximum absorption. The ergonomic design minimizes medication waste efficiently.
- Ideal for all ages
- Low medication residue
- Easy to operate
- Way too tiny
These are the 10 best steam inhalers available on the market right now. If you haven’t tried it yet, pick a product from the list and try it out yourself to see the results. Let’s now look into the benefits of steam inhalers.
Benefits Of Steam Inhalers
Inhalation therapy has been in existence since ancient times, and it has been instrumental in providing relief from a variety of health issues. Some of the benefits of steam inhalers are as follows:
- Steam inhalation is usually recommended by physicians to relieve the symptoms of asthma, bronchitis, sinusitis, common cold, breathing allergies, etc. Steam inhalers use warm and moist air to clear the airways, and they restore the functioning of the respiratory system.
- The heat generated from steam inhalers increases the body temperature, thereby improving blood circulation throughout the body.
- Increased blood flow in the body leads to the elimination of toxins, and it alleviates the symptoms of severe headaches or migraine.
- Steam inhalers also help in enhancing physical beauty. The steam reduces facial acne and blackheads by opening the clogged pores on the skin and eliminating the accumulated dirt, thereby making the skin look young and vibrant.
Before buying a steam inhaler, there are certain factors you need to consider.
Choosing A Steam Inhaler
Different steam inhalers are designed to fulfill different purposes. So, your choice of the steam inhaler should depend on the need, i.e., whether you need a steamer to clean your face or to clear your airways.
2. Steam Generation
Some inhalers have automated steam generation system, while some inhalers have adjustable volume and flow of steam. So, you need to choose an inhaler according to the purpose.
3. Ease Of Use
Steam inhalers should be easy to operate or use. There are different types of steam inhaling devices available. They can be run on batteries or power; they may have timer settings or some provision for adjusting the steam intensity. Whatever be the features, steam inhalers should be chosen based on the ease of their operation.
The size of a steam inhaler totally depends on your ability to store, carry, and maintain it. If you are a frequent traveler, you may need a device that is compact and easy to carry.
Your choice of purchasing a steam inhaler depends entirely on your budget. A basic steam inhaler may cost around $30, but high-end inhalers may be around $200 or more.
The material with which the steam inhaler is made up of determines its durability. Most of the devices available on the market are made of plastic. Aluminum and hospital-grade steam inhalers are way safer and more durable.
Certain essential oils work wonders in opening up your airways. You need to choose a steam inhaler that has dual chambers – one to hold water and the other to hold the essential oils.
Since the use of a steam inhaler includes handling of hot water and steam, you either need to be extremely cautious while handling it or choose an inhaler that comes with a temperature control feature.
What are you waiting for? Keep the above-mentioned factors in mind and make a wise choice in buying the perfect steam inhaler for you. Share your experience and feedback in the comments section below.
- 5 Deep Breathing Exercises Of Pranayama
- 9 Effective Breathing Exercises For Clear And Healthy Lungs
- 15 Foods For Healthy Lungs And Better Breathing
Latest posts by Pooja Karkala (see all)
- 15 Best Glitter Hair Sprays You Need To Try Right Now - September 30, 2019
- 7 Best Electric Blankets Of 2019 - September 30, 2019
- 10 Best Dryers For Curly Hair - September 30, 2019
- 10 Best Onion Oils For Hair Growth That Actually Work - September 11, 2019
- 10 Best Hot Air Brushes You Need To Try Out – 2019 - September 9, 2019