Owning the best tattoo machine kit can ensure you enjoy a full tattoo studio on the go. Tattooing is more than just a hobby; with the skills and training, you can emerge as a professional quickly. One thing that makes sure all your tattoos are just how you wanted them to be is the right tools to do it. If you have been searching for a suitable beginner tattoo machine to help you achieve stunning and professional results, we have just what you need. Go through these 10 highest-rated tattoo gun kits to ensure your body art is flawless, with precision in color packing and design.
In This Article
What Is A Tattoo Machine Kit?
A tattoo kit contains a tattoo machine and other accessories that are used in the process of creating tattoos. Tattoo kits are available in different sizes. While some machines are designed to apply just one color, others can be used for multiple colors. These kits let you create a sterile and safe environment to make tattoos. Some kits include coil tattoo guns, which operate based on the principles of electromagnetic coils to drive the tattooing process with precision. Tattoo machines are often sold in kits so that you can have all you need hassle-free.
10 Best Tattoo Machine Kits
Whether you’re a beginner or an expert, you can comfortably use the Dragon Hawk tattoo machine. The kit includes two machines – one for lining and the other for shading with its 10 wrap coils and brass coils. This pair of tattoo machines feature an LED digital power supply with a clip cord and foot pedal. There are 20 unique color inks to meet all your tattooing needs. This professional tattoo kit also includes EO sterilized cartridge tattoo needles, tips, and more accessories. Its power supply lasts for a long time and operates machines efficiently with accurate voltage adjustments. This machine has a unique spring design that reduces damage to human skin. These meticulously designed tattoo machines offer a comfortable grip and are crafted from durable material, ensuring a higher quality machine that can withstand continuous use. It is a professional-grade tattoo equipment that offers precise results.
- Easy gun setup
- Homogenised color
- Consistent quality
- Highly pigmented color
- Ergonomically designed
- Odd sound
This Rotary Tattoo Pen from Solong Tattoo is designed to give a beginner the confidence they need to improve their skills. It’s made using aircraft aluminum material, making it lightweight and easy to handle and work efficiently for long hours. The anodized finish gives it a modern look and a touch of irresistible class. Its robust motor offers the power and stability you need to create high-quality designs. This pen tattoo machine operates at low noise and won’t get hot even after many hours of continuous working. In this comprehensive tattoo pen kit, you’ll find 50 pieces of cartridge needles and a powerful tattoo battery. You can use this complete tattoo kit for permanent eyebrows makeup, lip, and eye line. If you are looking for a quality product, this kit for beginners is an ideal choice.
- Enhanced precision
- Long-lasting battery
- Operates quietly
- Shades very well
- Can’t use it while charging
If you’re planning to make tattooing a profession, Gbrand gives a robust and reliable tattoo machine kit that can get you started strong. It is made from space aluminum alloy and boasts a lightweight design that does not compromise performance. This professional machine performs at a speed of 9000R/min. The power of a high-quality German motor ensures stability to let you make every tattoo design with precision. Designed with the needs of both beginners and seasoned professionals in mind, this machine is compatible with all cartridge needles, offering flexibility in your tattooing sessions. It offers a continuous and stable power supply. This ink kit has dual switch mode, which allows you to create tattoos without stepping on the drive. What makes this tattoo kit outstanding is its low-noise speed operation. The kit includes a stainless steel tip and a selection of quality tattoo ink, elevating your artistic possibilities. It has proven efficacy and has been vouched for by multiple reviewers.
- Convenient design
- Bonus supply of ink cups
- Ergonomically designed
The Dragonhawk Full 2pcs Coil Tattoo Machine kit contains one machine for shading and another one for lining. Both have 10 wrap coils and work perfectly. Their high-end construction helps to minimize fatigue, especially during extended tattoo sessions or if you are working with it for long hours. The tested ergonomic design of the coil tattoo gun ensures comfortable handling, even during prolonged use. It comes with a tattoo power supply foot pedal and a clip cord, ensuring efficient and accurate activation of the machines. In this professional tattoo kit, you’ll find 20 pieces of sterilized needles with disposable tips. It also comes with a travel case, transfer papers, practice skin, disposable needles and tubes, and some supplies that you’ll find very useful. It’s also a great choice for professional tattooing.
- Easy assembling
- High-quality construction
- Lightweight and sturdy
- Enhanced precision
- Small case
The Mast Pen Rotary serves as an ideal beginner tattoo kit, featuring a space aluminum frame tailored for large-scale day-to-day tattoo artwork. This tattoo machine features a powerful motor with a high-end gear system for unlimited reliability and operation at low noise. Its ergonomic and pen-style design is easy to handle and gives precise tattooing. The cartridge needles come with a unique shell design that increases ink absorbency and storage. These sterile needles are made with care and perfection to ensure the well-being of your clients. The carry case makes it easily portable. It comes with a power supply unit, carry gift case, foot pedal, and dc cord. In this YouTube video, you will find a detailed review of the complete tattoo kit, particularly focusing on its performance on human skin, along with the reviewer’s experience.
- Noiseless operation
- Easy to change needles
- Can use power supply even without the foot pedal
- Less vibration
- Stable operation
Learn how to create tattoos like a pro with this amazing wormhole tattoo starter tattoo pen machine kit. The ergonomic design of this rotary tattoo pen by Wormhole is made with lightweight aluminum alloy. The excellent stability allows precision. The metal grinding technology makes it easy for handling long hours of work. You can use this machine for lining and shading. It is compatible with all tattoo cartridge needles. This tattoo pen kit includes a rotary tattoo pen with an RCA cord, 1 power supply with cable, 40 cartridges needles, 1-foot pedal, and 1 bandage.
- Convenient pen-style design
- Perfect power supply
- Easy setup and use
- Low quality ink
The Hawink Rotary Tattoo Pen Gun is designed to offer unmatched precision and reliability. This tattoo gun kit includes a rotary tattoo pen, tattoo needles, tattoo grips, a foot pedal, and a power supply. The ergonomic pen-style design offers a proper grip, which helps you to create tattoos with greater ease and precision. You are equipped with high-quality tattoo supplies that enable you to achieve exceptional results. The power supply is consistent, and you can work with it for hours at a time. Moreover, the machine does not overheat. Complete with a sterile tattoo needle and a compatible needle cartridge, this kit empowers you to create stunning tattoo designs with confidence and ease.
- Wireless convenience
- Long-lasting stability
- No vibration
- Low noise
Stigma Rotary Tattoo Kit is a powerful motor combined with a top-notch advanced gear system to provide a reliable and quiet operation with no vibrations. This high-quality tattoo kit helps you produce the best designs for your clients. Its ergonomic and lightweight pen-style design makes it easy to handle and work with for hours. This rotary tattoo gun comes with a set of two batteries so that you can use one battery while the other one is charging. Also, includes 20 pieces of sterilized and individually packed cartridges. It is also compatible with all types of cartridge needles. This tattoo machine gun kit stands as a versatile tool that caters to various tattoo style, making it a valuable addition to your artistic repertoire.
- Easy setup
- Wireless design
- Not for bigger tattoos
The Hawink Wireless Tattoo Machine Rotary Pen has a clean design that houses a powerful lithium battery that provides up to 6 hours of runtime on a single charge. The 5-level adjustment feature gives you a customized experience with this machine. It operates silently with very low vibration but is powerful enough to get the job done. Its lightweight and portable design allows you to work with it for hours without getting tired or compromising on precision. This exceptional tattoo gun kit comes with 20 pieces of cartridge needles for lining and shading, ink cups, grip cover wrap, and transfer paper. Embrace this state-of-the-art tattoo pen kit and elevate your tattooing expertise with its exceptional features and performance.
- Suitable for small designs
- Easy setup
- Easy to hold
- Affordable price
The Tatelf G12 Rotary Tattoo Pen Machine Kit is compatible with all cartridge needles for tattooing. This complete tattoo kit comes with 6 inks bottles which you can use for practicing. The kit has 20 pieces of cartridge needles and ten pieces of tattoo ink cups. The machine operates quietly, thanks to its robust motor and a high-end gear system. It also vibrates less than any coil machine gun available. This rotary tattoo gun is made of aviation aluminum that makes it lightweight and easy for handling. You can use this machine for permanent tattoo makeup, including liner, lip, and eyebrows. For those seeking a coil tattoo gun alternative that offers versatility, precision, and comfort, this machine for beginners is the ultimate tattoo supply to elevate your artistry.
- Non-slip handle
- Adjustable knob
- Compact design
- Thin power cord
The importance of choosing and purchasing the right tattoo kits can’t be emphasized enough. And if you are a beginner in this area, read the section below to know how you can choose the best tattoo machine kit based on your requirements.
How To Choose The Best Tattoo Kit
- Level Of Skill – If you’re new to the business, it may help to go for a tattoo machine starter kit. That will give you all the necessary tattoo machine equipment and accessories without spending too much. But if you are a professional possessing advanced tattoo skills, you may want to go for a machine that helps you tackle a radiant color or different vibrant colors and is expert recommended. It should also help you with unique techniques and absolute precision so that you can produce the best tattoo art.
- Accessories – Check the accessories the kit provides. A lot of brands have small items such as gloves and rubber bands. Sometimes, kits can come with flash sheets as well. A typical tattoo kit ought to include all the basic instruments that you need for the job like a tattoo machine, a motor for the machine, different types of needles, different needle cartridges, and a coil tattoo gun. Make sure that your kit has all the items that you require.
- Ease of use – Whether you’re a beginner or expert, you need a machine that is easy to use. It must be lightweight and easy to hold. It must feel convenient in your hands. The top-notch machines are designed so that they offer the feel of a real pen. Plus, the assembling should also be hassle-free. The vibration and noise should be low and tolerable for long working hours.
- Battery Life – For a high-quality tattoo kit that operates on battery, you must ensure that the battery doesn’t die too soon. High-quality battery packs can enable a machine to run for 3 to 6 hours when it is fully charged.
- Length Of Cords – If you decide to go for a wired machine kit, ensure that the cord is long enough to offer you the lenience to move around with it. Proper cord management and regular cord replacement are important for maintaining safety in any power setup.
There are different types of tattoo machines that perform different functions and work on different techniques. Based on the kind of art you produce, you will need a special tattoo kit. The section below discusses a few things about different tattoo kits.
Types Of Tattoo Kits
- Liner Tattoo Kit– It comes with a liner machine that is used to make the base for the tattoo. It creates the basic outline and fine details like line work. The machine utilizes a set of needles often arranged in a circle. It has wrap coils and an armature bar, and it operates with the help of electromagnets.
- Shader Tattoo Kit– This kit has a shader machine that is used to color in the outline and add depth and shading. The machine utilizes a lot of needles that are arranged in flat rows. This kind of machine is slightly heavier than a liner one. It may feature large coils to provide the machine with enough power to color a large shading area.
- Rotary Tattoo Kit– This kit will have an essential accessory like the rotary machine that is used as a shader or a liner. This machine uses a wheel to drive the needles instead of the coil. The rotary tattoo machine runs on a motor and it’s less noisy. Some modern rotary machines have three functions in one (3-in-1 design): lining and shading on bodies, lips, and eyebrows. These types of tattoo kits are suitable for those who can do tattoo makeup and body art.
- Neuma Tattoo Kit– A neuma machine is the most advanced tattoo machine on the market. This advanced gear utilizes a compressed air system to operate needles. This system can sterilize the machine automatically, a feature that you won’t find in the earlier models.
- Handmade Tattoo Kit– Professional tattoo artists make this with their own skills to satisfy their needs. That means that no two handmade tattoo machines are alike. More processing time and money are needed for these types of machines. However, they can be a perfect choice when you have some special requirements that standard machines can’t handle.
Infographic: What To Keep In Mind While Buying A Tattoo Machine Kit
Tattoo machine kits are a great way to get inked in the comfort of your home. However, before investing in one, you should consider a few things. Check out the infographic below to find out about some features to help choose a tattoo machine kit.
Tattoos are a unique way to express your thoughts, story, and taste in art. If you have immense love for tattoos, these tattoo machine kits are just for you. These affordable machines are for both experts and beginners to get a perfect tattoo. These tattoo kits are available in different sizes and have a provision to incorporate a spectrum of radiant colors and even the black tattoo ink. The kits have essential accessories including sterilized needles and are safe for use. These machines are lightweight, easy to assemble, and work with low noise. The Solong Tattoo Rotary Pen is compact and portable due to its aluminum material. You can also try the Dragonhawk Full 2pcs Coil Tattoo Machine, which comes with a disposable tip, a clip cord, and a foot pedal, and opt for the Stigma Rotary Tattoo Kit for its vibration-free design. However, a cheap tattoo kit is not for bigger tattoos. Consider factors like ease of use, expertise level, battery life, accessories, and length of the cord before investing in a kit like that. These considerations guide the selection process, whether you are an experienced tattoo artist seeking to refine your craft or a tattoo beginner eager to embark on a creative journey.
Why Trust StyleCraze?
The author, Baishali Bhattacharya, is an expert in makeup artistry. She has compiled this list of the best tattoo machine kits, considering a wide range of factors like enhanced precision, easy-to-use technology, sturdiness, stability, durability, and battery backup. Besides hours of research, she has also paid attention to numerous user reviews on trusted online platforms. Moreover, these machines are lightweight, portable, and easy to set up.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is a tattoo pen better than a tattoo gun?
Yes. Unlike tattoo guns, tattoo pens guarantee clearer, finer lines and neater tattoos due to their stability.
Do tattoo machines have fixed running voltage?
Yes, most tattoo machines work between 4-10 volts.
Are tattoo machine kits allowed on airplanes?
Guns, machines, and other tattoo-related equipment can be transported, in both carry-on and luggage.
How long will a tattoo machine last?
Tattoo machines last for about 6 months to 1 year, depending on the usage frequency and maintenance.
Do tattoo machines make a difference?
Yes, tattoo machines make it easier to ink tattoos more precisely and safely.
How does the tattoo machine work?
An electric motor powers the armature bar of a rotary cannon. This causes the needle to move quickly and repeatedly up and down, which inks the tattoo without much pain.
- 10 Best Tattoo Pen Machines
- 10 Best Coil Tattoo Machines To Get Yourself Inked (Buying Guide)
- The 7 Best Permanent Makeup Machines
- 10 Best Eyebrow Tattoo Pens
- Best Airbrush Makeup Kits – Reviews And Buying Guide