Hair is one of our most attractive features, and when it comes to choosing hair products, it is always advisable to read reviews and understand the ingredients and your hair type before you go ahead and purchase anything. More so, when you have fine hair. So what exactly is fine hair? Fine hair is categorized by the width of the strands and is known to be smaller in diameter. Women with fine hair strands can have either thick or thin hair. The thickness or thinness of the hair depends on the number of strands of hair on your head.
There is a lot of confusion about the role of texturizing sprays compared to the coveted dry shampoos. Texturizing spray helps add volume to fine hair, making it look full of life and thicker. This makes it one of the best styling products for women with fine hair as it not only adds volume to the hair but also gives it a slight hold allowing you to style your tresses the way you please. And to help you choose the best texturizing hair spray, we have compiled a list of the 11 best texturizing sprays in the market. Scroll down to find out!
11 Best Texturizing Sprays For Fine Hair
This Beach Babe Texturizing Dry Shampoo is formulated with trusted ingredients and has an appealing toasted coconut fragrance. This shampoo comes in a pack of 2 and suits all hair types; be it fine, curly, coarse, and straight. It works wonders without water and leaves your hair windswept and clean. This salon-quality formula works effortlessly on flat and greasy hair, bringing it back to life and giving that carefree, just-back-from-the-beach look.
- Leaves no residue
- Absorbs excess oils
- Helps style hair instantly
- Adds volume to hair and leaves no undesirable odor
- Slightly expensive
This Beauty by Earth Sea Salt & Texturizing Spray can be called a ‘beach in a bottle’ formula, as it has vital ingredients such as sea salt, a dash of vodka, and organic aloe vera. It lifts your flat, lackluster hair and creates waves that make heads turn. Also infused with algae and green tea, this spray creates a beachy windswept style while adding body to your fine hair.
- Can be applied on wet hair
- Suitable for all hair types
- Has a wonderful fragrance
- Adds freshness and texture to hair
- May make hair scrunchy
Paisle Biotin Hair Thickening Spray includes a unique combination of natural ingredients like biotin protein and caffeine, which seep deep into the follicles and block the DHT hormone. This will prevent hair loss, thereby encouraging healthy hair growth. This thickening spray is a lightweight formula that washes out easily without leaving any residue. Saturated with hydrolyzed wheat protein and caffeine, it helps fortify and strengthen damaged strands, giving your hair more volume and body.
- Lightly fragranced
- Free of formaldehyde
- Cruelty-free product
- Sulfate and paraben-free formula
- Revives thinning hair back to healthy growth
- May flatten out hair
Boldify Dry Texture Spray is a hit with women as it gives instant results upon application. This incredible hair lifter is infused with polymers, creating fullness and texture and transforming your hair into a naturally thick and voluminous style. Regardless of hair type, color, or texture, it helps amplify, tame, and maintain the ideal style that you so wish for. This texture spray is free of chemicals, and is the go-to styling spray of many big celebrity hairstylists.
- 100% cruelty-free
- Perfect for all hair types
- Works best for both men and women
- Free from harsh chemicals and residues
- May make hair greasy post application
KICK Sea Salt Spray is powered with natural antioxidants, sea herbs, magnesium, and amino acids that transform your hair from a frizzy mess into a wavy style, impressing one and all. This unique blend of dry shampoo lends your hair a tousled textured look all day long. The Epsom salt, magnesium, sea salt, and kelp extract are the key ingredients that not only safeguard your mane from environmental hazards but simultaneously enrich your hair from scalp to ends.
- Ideal for both men and women
- Works well on color-treated hair
- Creates beachy waves on every hair type
- Chemical, sulfate, paraben, and cruelty-free
- Some people may find the scent unpleasant.
Joico Texturizing Finisher is an excellent salon-prepared innovative finisher designed to bring hair to its original glory with each use. It protects hair from breakage and maximizes the growth of healthy and shiny hair. This texturizing finisher spray revives your parched and lifeless strands of hair with the help of the all-important marine ingredients and speeds up the hydrating process, instantly transforming them into your crowning glory. This buildable spray is free from stickiness and stiffness as well. Giving a texturizing finish upon use, it adds volume to fine and medium hair.
- Suitable for all hair types
- Adds volume and texture to hair
- Has a mildly sweet fragrance
- Protects hair from UV exposure and environmental pollution
- Slightly expensive
- May leave residue on the scalp
Osensia Sea Salt Texturizing Hair Spray adds beautiful natural volume minus the greasy feel. This texturizing hair spray is packed with natural ingredients that nourish every strand from inside out. Without changing your original hair appearance, this spray acts as a protectant, texturizer, and volumizer, giving your hair that carefree windswept feel. This spray works well on fine hair, making it look fuller and thicker just after a few sprays.
- Works well on thin hair
- Works as a sunscreen for hair
- Adds texture and volume to your tresses
- Formulated without parabens, silicones, and sulfates
- May make hair slightly oily
This Paul Mitchell INVISIBLEWEAR Undone Texture Spray is an incredibly light formula enriched with velvet flower that helps soften your hair strands, making them more manageable. This spray adds volume and gives life to flat, fine hair. It helps add texture instantly and holds hair for long-lasting effortless styling. This spray can be used on a regular basis for styling your hair the way you want without any qualms. This awesome product works well on all hair types.
- Can be used regularly
- Holds styled hair in place
- Works well on damp hair
- Has an aromatic scent of amber, bergamot, and jasmine
- Slightly expensive
PUFF.Me Dry Texturizing Spray is formulated with key ingredients like natural zeolite and silica that gives your hair complete protection from the harmful UV rays. With just a few sprays, this product gives your hair instant body and fullness, thereby making you look and feel gorgeous. It has oil-absorbing properties that help prolong your hairstyle for a longer period.
- Sulfate and paraben-free
- Works well on colored hair
- Suitable for all hair types
- Adds volume to your hair instantly
- May leave behind residue
This MATRIX Total Results product is a lightweight spray made from water and sea salt, among other ingredients. This spray adds texture and volume, giving your hair the all-famous beachy look that is so appealing. It is suitable for all hair types and is safe to use on colored hair as well. With an invigorating and refreshing smell, it also gives your hair instant fullness and bounce. This spray adds body and definition for a perfectly tousled look. Upon application on damp hair, it makes your hair tangle-free and shiny.
- Smells amazing
- Helps defrizz locks
- Does not make hair stiff
- Can be used on both wet and dry hair
- May make hair slightly curly post application
Mitch Stone Essentials Volumizing Texture Spray is a lightweight hair root booster. Infused with repairing and nourishing ingredients that include a mix of papaya and argan oil, it protects very thin and fragile hair and aids in hair regrowth. The proteins and amino acids in the formula add body and fullness to your hair. All while vitamins B6, B12, C, and E repair hair damage. This highly nourishing spray adds body and hold without being stiff or sticky. Besides having a wonderful fragrance, it also keeps your hair hydrated for a longer duration. It works well on all hair types — be it thin, fine, or normal hair.
- Absorbs oil
- Helps eliminate odors
- Has a beautifully light and airy fragrance
- Perfect product for backcombing hair
- Does not contain hazardous aerosols
- May not provide enough volume for shorter hair
Texturizing sprays are not designed to make your hair stiff and scrunchy like hair sprays. They help by adding a healthy bounce and volume to hair, giving it a refreshing look. To get the right texturizing spray for your hair type, here are a few points to consider.
How To Select The Right Texturizing Spray For Fine Hair – A Buying Guide
There are a few things to keep in mind while purchasing the perfect texturizing spray for your hair:
- Residue: The amount of residue the spray leaves behind post-use should be a deciding factor while purchasing the best texturizing hair spray for yourself. Some sprays create a great deal of product build-up, which in turn affects the texture of your hair.
- Ingredients: As is the case with all health and beauty products, it is important to understand the ingredients that go into it. Reading the contents of the product will give you a fair understanding of the product, avoiding allergic reactions to any chemicals.
- Price: The price of the texturizing hair spray should be a deciding factor when it comes to purchasing the right one. Buying a good texturizing spray shouldn’t be too expensive.
How Do You Apply Texturizing Spray To Fine Hair
Applying texturizing hair spray is as easy as it gets. Listed below are some pointers to nail any look using a texturizing spray.
Step 1: Always hold the spray can at least 6 to 8 inches away from the hair while using it.
Step 2: Section your hair in horizontal sections.
Step 3: Apply the spray starting from the roots to the tips and massage it slightly.
Step 4: Repeat the same process throughout the hair.
Step 5: Make sure to go over the crown and the back of the head to get the perfect voluptuous look.
Whatever your hair type may be, a texturizing hair spray is what you need to keep your best foot forward, be it professionally or personally. So let go of that dry shampoo and hairspray that makes your hair scrunchy and leaves behind a ton of residue. A texturizing spray is a safe bet and will help you achieve the best hairstyle for all occasions. Choosing the right one is now easy. Our list includes the 11 best texturizing hair sprays available in the market. So go ahead and pick your choice!
Expert’s Answers For Readers’ Questions
Is texturizing spray good for thin hair?
A good-quality texturizing spray will help by adding volume to thin hair, and this makes it a great addition to your vanity.
Does texturizing spray work on straight hair?
Texturizing hair spray works on straight hair to make it look voluptuous by giving it texture and bounce.
Does texturizing hair make hair look thicker?
Yes, texturizing spray adds oodles of volume to your hair making it look much thicker than usual.
Should you use texturizing spray before curling hair?
It is advisable to use texturizing spray post curling your hair as it will help hold your curls better in place.
Latest posts by Mayuri J Ravi (see all)
- 11 Best Sunscreens For Scalp And Hair You Should Try - April 8, 2021
- 13 Best Vanilla Perfumes And Fragrance Mists That You Should Try In 2021 - April 8, 2021
- 15 Best Aloe Vera Lotions To Help Soothe Dry And Irritated Skin - March 24, 2021
- 9 Best Lip Brushes For Perfect Makeup - March 14, 2021
- 13 Best Drugstore Moisturizers For Combination Skin You Need To Try In 2021 - February 8, 2021