Thumb arthritis occurs when the carpometacarpal joint (CMC) wears away. This joint allows you to pivot or swivel your thumb when you do your daily activities. If you have been experiencing a decreased range of motion, decreased grip strength, swelling, or pain near your thumb, it is time for you to use a stabilizer or a thumb brace. These braces help rest your thumb and reduce pain for better movement.
There are tons of thumb braces available on the market, but ensure to pick the one that allows you to wear it through the day and night without causing itching or irritation. From a myriad of models and materials, we have picked the 10 best thumb braces available right now. Take a look.
10 Best Thumb Braces For Thumb Arthritis And Tendonitis
Mueller Reversible Thumb Stabilizer is designed for basal thumb arthritis and carpal tunnel. It supports and limits the motion of the metacarpophalangeal (MCP) joint and provides comfort and compression to weak and aching thumbs. It relieves the joint pain caused by arthritis.
This stabilizer is ideal for soft tissue injuries, ligament strains, osteoarthritis, and degenerative joint pain. It is made from breathable fabric for extended wear.
- One size fits most (5.5″ – 10″)
- Reversible (fits either hand)
- Easy to put on
- Supports the entire wrist and thumb
- Antimicrobial fabric
- Latex- and rubber-free
3M Futuro Deluxe Thumb Stabilizer provides essential support to your thumb so you can carry on with your daily tasks like texting, gardening, writing, or gaming. It features 2 supportive stays and adjusts easily for a comfortable fit. It comforts aching, sore, and weak thumbs by providing moderate stabilizing support. It also supports your lower thumb joints. The durable lace fabric easily adjusts for a perfect fit. Thus, it provides a great range of motion to your fingers. It is ideal for arthritis, degenerative joint disease, and double injuries.
- Fite range: S/M:5″ to 6.5″, L/XL: 6.5″ to 8″
- Easy to wear
- Comfortable for extended use
- Soft and breathable material
- Ergonomic design
- Can be worn on either hand
This physical-therapist recommended thumb splint is ergonomically designed to provide maximum support to the thumb joint and ligaments. It is ideal for people with arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, repetitive stress injury, occupational injury, sprains, and strains. The dual removable splints stabilize the thumb in a neutral position to reduce pain, swelling, soreness, and inflammation. This lightweight thumb splint is breathable and suitable for extended wear.
Vive Arthritis Thumb Splint restricts the movement of the thumb while providing adjustable compression to improve circulation and promote healing. It allows full use of the remaining fingers so you can complete all your daily tasks with ease. The ergonomically designed aluminum splints provide maximum support to the thumb.
- l Aluminum splints to immobilize the thumb
- l Extra-strong fastener straps to fit any hand size
- Fully adjustable
- Can be worn on either hand
- Comfortable to wear
- Protects both the thumb and wrist
- One size fits all
- Low-quality Velcro
U.S Solid Thumb Splint can help relieve the pain caused by arthritis, a fracture, or soft tissue injury in the thumb region. This product has a lightweight metal splint enclosed in the breathable and light fabric that secures your thumb and wrist without moving. It is durable enough for daily use and comfortable for long wear.
This thumb splint isolates the finger by providing free space for movement. It can give you 24 hours of support and stability.
- Unisex design
- Fully adjustable for a perfect fit
- One-year warranty
- Available in small and medium sizes
- Can be worn on either hand
- Wicks moisture and dissipates sweat
This thumb splint is made of quick-dry moisture-wicking yarn. It is certified by the US FDA for a broken thumb, skier’s thumb, trigger finger, sprained thumb, scaphoid fractures, and chronic thumb injury. You can wear this thumb splint and continue with your daily chores without any difficulty. Its fabric is lightweight and latex-free. It consists of a removable splint that immobilizes the finger to prevent further damage. It has adjustable straps and fits both hands.
- 3D breathable spacer fabric
- Removable splint
- Wicks away moisture
- Provides 24 hours of comfort
- Available in three sizes
This unique thumb brace supports injured, weak, sore, and arthritic wrists. It is designed to provide multi-zone compression for quick recovery. It delivers a snug yet flexible fit to warm up the muscles and support the wrists during outdoor activities. The breathable fabric wicks away moisture during intense activities. It can be worn easily under everyday clothes at work, home, or college. It fits both right and left hands and is unisex.
- Multi-zone compression
- Certified as a class-1 medical device
- Helps in the recovery of strained muscles
- Lightweight material
- Flexible fabric
- Allows proper airflow
- Comfortable to wear for long hours
FLA Orthopedics 3D Adjustable Left Thumb Brace is a one-of-a-kind brace that restricts thumb movement while maintaining the functionality of the hand. Its award-winning design ensures the immobilization of the CMC and MCP joints without restricting the movement of the wrist and other finger joints. It consists of a moldable aluminum core that is easily adjustable for a perfect fit. The material is water- and dust-proof. This product is an optimal combination of reliable stability, functionality, and comfort.
- Available in 3 sizes: small, medium, and large
- 3D adjustable thumb brace
- Automatically pre-shaped brace
- Smooth edges for safety
- Ensures joint stability
- Ideal for post-operative rehabilitation
- Can be worn underneath gloves
Push Meta Grip CMC Thumb Brace is one of the most effective, streamlined, and durable thumb braces for thumb arthritis, osteoarthritis, and CMC.
You can squeeze the embedded metal insert to custom fit the brace. You can wear this brace while cooking, golfing, gardening, playing badminton, driving, and knitting.
It provides support to the injured joints without impeding other joint movements.
- Available in 2 sizes for both right and left hand
- Imbedded, contoured metal insert offers a perfect fit
- Latex-free material
- Suitable for post-operative recovery
- Provides long-term durability
- Can be worn under a glove
This thumb and wrist brace is ideal for a sprained thumb, ligament tears, post-surgery care, thumb and wrist immobilization, soft tissue injuries, tendonitis, carpal tunnel, CMC, and sports injuries.
This thumb splint with a wrist brace and a hot and cold ice finger gel pack is perfect for quick healing. It can be worn on either left or right hand. It is made of premium-quality neoprene with a metal thumb spica splint for maximum comfort and immobilization. The gel pack helps relieve swelling and soreness.
- Removable metal splint for additional support
- 3 adjustable straps for a custom fit
- Easy to put on
- Ideal for women
- Light and breathable fabric
- Dissipates sweat
- Flexible fabric
The specialty of this product is that it has 88% copper and nylon embedded into the brace. It supports and immobilizes your injured thumb, wrist, and hand. It relieves pain caused by a sprain, strain, trigger thumb, arthritis, tendonitis, CMC, carpal tunnel syndrome, and more.
Its ultra-comfortable fabric gives you full support while immobilizing the thumb joint. This restricts your thumb, muscle, ligament, and tendons from moving and helps them heal without damaging them further.
This splint is suitable for both men and women. It is designed to fit either hand. It provides multi-point support and immobilization and is extremely comfortable for extended wear.
- Copper-infused fabric
- 4-way stretch flexible fabric
- Breathable fabric
- Lightweight and ergonomic design
- Easy to use
- Offers multi-zone compression
Now that you know all about the best thumb braces available on the market, check out the buying guide given below to pick the best product that fits your needs.
Thumb Brace Buying Guide – Important Features To Consider
Here are some common types of thumb splints you may come across while searching for your ideal product.
- Hand And Wrist Brace: This type of brace covers your thumb, wrist, and parts of your hand. It is ideal for people with carpal tunnel syndrome as it helps reduce the radiating tingling and pain in the hand.
- Thumb Brace: Thumb splints/braces only cover the thumb. It is ideal for people with osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, ligament instability, thumb sprain, or recovering from thumb surgery. It is lighter and thinner than hand and wrist splints. It can be worn underneath gloves. It can also be worn comfortably while doing regular household chores or while participating in recreational sports.
- Hard Material: If you often work outdoors, a hard plastic thumb brace is a perfect option for you. It is waterproof, durable, lighter, and thinner than regular thumb splints.
- Soft Material: Soft material splints are made from neoprene or micro-fleece. They are extremely light and breathable. They are less irritating on the skin and more comfortable to wear for extended hours. They are ideal for people with sensitive skin.
A well-fitted brace is mandatory for quick relief and speedy recovery. Therefore, check the product size chart and measure your thumb to figure out the exact size that fits best. If you are unsure of the size of your thumb, you can purchase a one-size-fit-all thumb brace.
Adjustable thumb braces are useful for people who are often involved in outdoor activities. They come with adjustable straps for a custom fit. They allow a proper range of motion during daily activities at work or at home.
4. Durable Material
If you plan on using a thumb brace for long hours, pick one that is made of breathable fabric and dissipates sweat and moisture. If you have sensitive skin, stay away from latex thumb braces as they can rub against your skin and cause more irritation or lead to an allergic reaction. Ensure that the material is durable and flexible for maximum comfort.
Flexibility and functionality go hand-in-hand. It is very important to choose a flexible thumb brace because you don’t want the product to snag at the edges while getting on and off the thumb as this can aggravate the injury. Besides, flexible thumb braces allow you to carry on with your daily chores without any stiffness or rigidity.
Providing optimum support to thumb arthritis is essential for quick recovery. These thumb stabilizers are ergonomically designed to make your life easy and less stressful during your recovery. Pick the product that suits your needs from this list, try it out, and let us know about your experience in the comments section below.
- 10 Best Trigger Finger Braces Of 2020
- 10 Best Shoulder Braces Of 2020 – With Reviews And Buying Guide
- 10 Best Wrist Wraps To Buy In 2020 For That Perfect Grip
- 10 Best Arthritis Compression Gloves
Latest posts by Pooja Karkala (see all)
- 15 Best Hair Growth Oils for Every Type of Hair - September 10, 2020
- 10 Best Hair Growth Oils To Buy In 2020 - September 9, 2020
- 11 Best Facial Cotton Pads Of 2020 – Reviews And Buying Guide - May 29, 2020
- 15 Best Foaming Cleansers For Glossy And Glowing Skin - May 27, 2020
- 11 Best Body Wipes For Clean And Healthy Skin – Top Picks For 2020 - May 26, 2020