Ladies, get those bikinis and floral bottoms out! It is finally that time of the year to step out and hit the beach. But not without sunscreen, of course. Say goodbye to sunscreens that leave your skin looking chalky as tinted sunscreens have taken everyone by storm this year. They protect, hydrate, prevent the appearance of the signs of aging, and impart a natural glow.
If you haven’t tried one yet, this summer would be the right time to experiment while basking in the sun. Check out the top 12 tinted sunscreens of 2020 that make sure you enjoy summer to the fullest.
Read on to know more.
12 Best Tinted Sunscreens To Enjoy Summer 2020!
While most sunscreens only shield you from harmful rays, this one also hydrates. Blending the goodness of hyaluronic acid and zinc oxide, this skin-enhancing sunscreen protects from UVA and UVB while also retaining skin’s moisture and reducing fine lines. Offering full coverage, you can use it as a moisturizer or under make-up. Recommended by dermatologists, it is clinically tested to reduce the occurrence of skin diseases and early signs of aging.
- Protects and hydrates the skin
- Retains skin’s moisture
- Shields from UVA and UVB rays
- Reduces fine lines
- Recommended by dermatologists
- Suitable for dry, normal and combination skin
- Not for oily skin
- The consistency is runny
Finding a good sunscreen becomes a challenge if you have oily skin. After all, nobody wants to end up with chalky and greasy-looking skin. EltaMD UV Physical Tinted Sunscreen is oil-free, lightweight, and suitable for combination and oily skin. The blend of zinc oxide and titanium dioxide provides adequate protection from the harmful UVA and UVB rays. Its water-resistant formula makes sure your sunscreen stays intact even on humid days.
- Oil-free, lightweight, and water-resistant
- Offers broad-spectrum sun protection
- Free from paraben, chemical actives, and fragrance
- Protects against UVA and UVB rays
- Not suitable for dry and acne-prone skin
If natural and organic is your life’s mantra, then why shouldn’t your sunscreen be? Bask in the warmth of the sun with this vegan-friendly and reef-safe sunblock that moisturizes, offers SPF 20 protection, and just the right amount of color to match your skin tone. This sunscreen from Beauty by Earth is made from argan oil, organic aloe, and coconut oil that protect and nourish dry, acne-prone, and very sensitive skin. Going all-natural is always a good idea, as this tinted sunscreen prevents skin discoloration and premature aging too.
- Moisturizes and nourishes the skin
- Prevents premature aging signs and skin discoloration
- No chalky appearance
- Suitable for dry, acne-prone, and very sensitive skin
- Free from paraben, mineral oils, fragrance
- Coconut oil is comedogenic
Mineral Tinted Crème from MDSolarSciences is a top choice for those who prefer matt finish over chalky and glossy sunblocks. But the best part about this crème is that its sheer and smooth formulation blends easily with the skin. It can easily double up as a primer for your makeup. It offers mineral-safe UV protection along with the nourishing benefits of antioxidants that include green tea, cranberry fruit, pomegranate extract, and vitamin C. Hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic, this sunblock is also water-resistant that lasts for up to 80 minutes.
- Sheer, smooth, and matt finish
- Long-lasting and water-resistant up to 80 minutes
- Suitable for kids 6 months and above
- The quantity is less
Non-greasy, non-whitening, and a fast-absorbing sunblock to complete your summer skin routine! This sunscreen from La Roche-Posay is 100% mineral-based and powered by the latest Cell-Ox Shield Technology that combines the strengths of UV protection and antioxidants. Stay carefree in the sun as it guarantees protection from harmful rays and other forms of skin damage caused by sun exposure. Free from all harsh chemicals, it is fragrance-free, safe for use on sensitive skin, and approved by dermatologists.
- SPF 50
- Oil-free, non-whitening, and fast-absorbing
- Non-comedogenic, hypoallergenic, and water-resistant
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- Thin consistency
Nothing protects your skin like zinc, and this fact is dermatologically-proven. So, if you are planning to stay outdoors a little longer this summer, then this sunblock infused with zinc oxides and other naturally-derived antioxidants is a must-have. If you have oily skin, then you’ve struck gold because this sunscreen from MDSolarSciences offers a stunning matt finish. Long-lasting, water-resistant, and non-comedogenic, it shields your skin from the harmful rays for up to 80 minutes.
- Infused with zinc and naturally-derived antioxidants
- SPF 50 with protection up to 80 minutes
- Matt finish
- Long-lasting, water-resistant, and non-comedogenic
- It leaves a slightly noticeable white cast due to zinc
Make your summer parties and beach trips unforgettable with this sunscreen cream. It contains zinc oxide that works as a shield against UVA and UVB rays. Sheer, water-resistant, and suitable for sensitive skin types, its effects last for up to 40 minutes in the sun. Cruelty-free, reef-safe, and organic, this is a complete sun protection package for you and your family.
- Zinc oxide protection
- Sheer and suitable for all skin types
- Lasts for up to 40 minutes
- Cruelty-free, reef-safe, and organic
- It leaves a white cast due to zinc
Buy Now From Amazon
Replenix UltiMatte Perfection Tinted Physical Sunscreen will make you obsess over its all-day oil control and lightweight formula! Tinted with a matt finish, it easily doubles up as a primer under makeup. It provides gentle hydration and is infused with age-defying antioxidants. Formulated using zinc oxide, this sunscreen conceals and protects your skin all day. Suitable for sensitive skin, this sunblock is free from all harsh chemicals, fragrance, and is non-comedogenic.
- Lightweight and mattifying
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- Gently hydrates
- Free from paraben, oil, chemicals, and fragrance
- Not suitable for dry skin
Combining the dual strength of total defense and repair, this is not a sunscreen but a rejuvenating tinted cream by SkinMedica. Powered by SOL-IR(TM) Advanced Antioxidant Complex, it goes beyond the effects of traditional broad-spectrum sunscreens to protect the skin from UV rays and infrared rays. It also aids in the restoration of the skin’s natural moisture balance. Improving fine lines, reducing premature signs of aging and sun-caused damages, it is a perfect formula to enjoy a fun summer!
- Defends and repairs skin
- Protects against UV and infrared rays
- Reduces fine lines and premature aging
- Evens out skin for better makeup application
Sports enthusiasts, here’s one sunscreen you will love! Don’t let your outdoor fun be bogged down by harmful UV rays as Thinksun Everyday Face Sunscreen is turning summer into a skin-friendly season. It offers broad-spectrum SPF 30+ sun protection and is curated using a medley of enriching vitamins to nourish and moisturize the skin. It does not leave a white cast as it is naturally tinted and blends with all skin tones. Its quick-drying formula is gentle on sensitive skin too.
- SPF 30+ with broad-spectrum protection
- No whitening effect
- Blends with all skin tones
- Gentle on sensitive skin
- Quick-drying and moisturizing
- Slightly greasy for oily skin
When it comes to sunblock – the more the benefits, the better. Suntegrity 5 in 1 Natural Moisturizing Tinted Face Sunscreen does precisely that. It repairs, moisturizes, shields, and primes the skin, all in one application. This facial cream is tinted to provide light and sheer coverage. It is composed of anti-aging antioxidants and non-nano zinc oxide that offer broad-spectrum SPF 30 protection. Supercharged with a 5 in 1 formula that reduces skin burns and brightens the complexion, this is the glow your summer needs!
- Broad-spectrum SPF 30 protection
- Is composed of anti-aging antioxidants and non-nano zinc oxide
- Sheer coverage
It is time to say goodbye to your old sunscreen because this will your skin’s natural glow while protecting it from harmful sun rays. Ultralight, sheer, and offering broad-spectrum protection SPF 50+, this 100% mineral tinted sunscreen screams premium quality. It applies evenly on your skin to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and sun-induced skin damages. Lasting up to 40 minutes, this sunscreen with the benefits of photoaging defense is the beauty upgrade you need this summer.
- Applies evenly on skin
- Reduces fine lines
- Lasts for up to 40 minutes
- Ultra-light skin protector and corrector
How To Choose The Best Tinted Sunscreen
Choosing the right tinted sunscreen and using it correctly is important for your skin to enjoy its benefits to the fullest. Here are a few tips to help you:
- Your skin type matters a lot. Check if the sunscreen matches your skin type. Reading the reviews gives an idea if users with similar skin type are happy with the results.
- It is dermatologically-recommended to choose a sunscreen with SPF 30+ and more to get both UVA and UVB protection.
- Look for a sunblock with zinc that does not leave a white cast post-application. Zinc oxide is clinically-tested to protect skin against sun-caused damages and other potential skin diseases.
- The effects of sunscreen wear off after 30 to 40 minutes. Remember to reapply for long-lasting protection, even after swimming or excessive sweating.
- Choose a non-comedogenic, hypoallergenic, and water-resistant sunscreen for best results.
Get set planning those summer getaways, now that we’ve blessed your summer skincare routine with the top 12 tinted sunscreens of 2020! Save those umbrellas for the rains because your tinted sunscreen is the only cover you need to protect your skin this season. Have we missed your favorite tinted sunscreen, or do you have any queries regarding this post? Write to us in the comments below!
Expert’s Answers For Readers’ Questions
Will the tinted sunscreen work well on different skin types?
Yes totally. Several brands are offering tinted sunscreen for dry, oily, combination, sensitive to even post-procedure skin types. Read through the descriptions to know if the sunscreen matches your skin type before buying it.
Does tinted sunscreen clog pores?
Most of them don’t because they are non-comedogenic, sheer, and absorb quickly. However, the result may vary across skin types, hence we’d recommend you opt for a tinted sunscreen that is non-comedogenic.
What is the best-tinted sunscreen with the most coverage?
Usually, the one with zinc oxide and antioxidants guarantee most coverage. SkinMedica Total Defense Plus Repair SPF 34 Sunscreen Tinted and Suntegrity 5 in 1 Natural Moisturizing Face Sunscreen are two of the best-tinted sunscreens as they offer maximum protection, hydration, and coverage.
Latest posts by Atulya Satishkumar (see all)
- The 7 Best OGX Shampoos Available In India This Year - October 13, 2020
- 13 Best Matte Bronzers Of 2020 For That Goddess Glow - October 13, 2020
- 10 Best Herbal Shampoos For Hair Growth You Can Get In India - October 12, 2020
- 11 Best Henna For Hair You Can Get In India In 2020 - October 12, 2020
- 13 Best Drugstore Makeup Remover Wipes Reviews Of 2020 - October 12, 2020