When it comes to moisturizing and hydrating dry skin, it is unlikely that you will think of toners. This is because of the misconception that toners are only meant for oily and acne-prone skin. However, things have changed now, and toners have evolved in all these years.
Toners do a lot more than just cleansing residue. They hydrate, moisturize, soothe, and calm the skin and reduce irritation and redness, depending on the ingredients and skin type. Toners are especially beneficial for dry skin as they help alleviate flakiness and dryness without hampering the natural moisture balance. You need to pick one that contains hydrating ingredients minus any drying alcohols.
If you are ready to give it a try, scroll down to discover the 10 best toners for dry skin.
Table Of Contents
Top 10 Toners For Dry Skin
The URBAN BOTANICS Steam Distilled Rose Water offers instant hydration and rejuvenates dull and tired skin. It is a lightweight and versatile toner that restores the skin’s natural pH balance, absorbs excess oil, and calms irritated skin without causing dryness.
This toner is suitable for all skin types and removes residue from your skin. It contains natural waxes and essential oils that give it a cloudy appearance. This product is free of artificial fragrances and is suitable for rosacea-prone skin.
- No harmful chemicals
- Contains therapeutic ingredients
The WOW Lavender & Rose Skin Mist Toner hydrates and refreshes your skin. It contains pure lavender and rose hydrosol to brighten and tone the skin, witch hazel to control excess sebum and prevent acne, green tea to prevent free radical damage, and cucumber extract to soothe inflammation and photodamage. It also contains virgin coconut and avocado oils and wheat protein to give you a healthy glow. This toner has a soothing floral fragrance that instantly refreshes your mind.
- Has a soothing floral fragrance
- Lightens blemishes
- Minimizes visible signs of aging
- Mineral oil-free
- May irritate sensitive skin
The Lotus Herbals Rosetone Rose Petals Facial Skin Toner cleanses all impurities and residue and moisturizes the skin. It is enriched with natural ingredients like tulsi, rose, and vetiver extracts that enhance skin elasticity and minimize skin pores.
Rose extract maintains your skin’s natural pH balance, tulsi has antiseptic properties to heal your skin, and vetiver diminishes dark spots. The toner also contains aloe vera that soothes and hydrates dry skin.
- Boosts skin elasticity
- Maintains skin’s pH balance
- Reduces dark spots
- Soothes the skin
- Contains parabens
The Mamaearth Vitamin C Toner removes impurities, tightens skin pores, and regulates sebum production. The unique formula contains aloe vera to soothe the skin, cucumber for hydration, witch hazel to minimize pores, and vitamin C to reduce visible signs of aging. Vitamin C also boosts collagen production and gives your skin a healthy glow. This alcohol-free formula maintains the skin’s natural pH balance.
- Prevents acne
- No harmful toxins
- Suitable for all skin types
- Dermatologically tested
- May feel sticky
The KHADI NATURAL Rose Water Herbal Skin Toner offers hydration and nourishment to your skin. The formula contains demineralized water, rose petals, and aloe vera extracts that remove stubborn dirt and pollutants from your face. Regular use of this toner prevents fine lines and wrinkles, keeps the skin toned and hydrated, and minimizes pores.
- Cleanses residue
- Prevents signs of aging
- Tightens the pores
The Dermafique All Important Skin Toner is an alcohol-free toner that cleanses the pores, moisturizes the skin, and maintains its natural pH balance. The formula is packed with antioxidants and hyaluronic acid that support the skin’s overall health and prevent aging. It gently unclogs skin pores to clean micro-dirt particles trapped inside and prepares the skin for hydration.
- Prevents premature aging
- Unclogs pores
The Kaya Everyday Essentials Daily Pore Minimising Toner is alcohol-free and removes impurities to keep your skin healthy and refreshed. The formula contains witch hazel extract and cucumber extract that minimize enlarged pores without drying and irritating the skin. The toner is also infused with niacinamide that evens out the skin tone. It is developed by dermatologists and is suitable for almost every skin type.
- Removes impurities
- Minimizes pores
- Soothes the skin
- Evens out complexion
The Face Shop Rice Ceramide Moisturizing Toner cleanses your face without disturbing its natural pH level. The toner is infused with rice extracts, ceramide, and rice bran oil that brighten and improve the skin texture and reduces dark spots. Rice extracts exfoliate dead skin cells, and ceramides prevent moisture loss. The toner preps the skin for further skin care steps and is perfect for all skin types, including dry and sensitive skin.
- Tightens enlarged pores
- Improves skin texture
- Reduces dark spots
- Restores moisture
- Overpowering fragrance
The Forest Essentials Pure Rosewater Facial Tonic Mist is formulated with authentic Ayurvedic ingredients that provide a fresh boost of hydration, toning, and nourishment. This toner contains rose essential oil extracted by steam distillation that hydrates and calms the skin. It has a refreshing floral fragrance that lifts your mood instantly.
- Eco-friendly packaging
- Certified organic
The StBotanica Bulgarian Rose Otto Glow Facial Toner restores the skin’s moisture balance and has antimicrobial, soothing, anti-inflammatory, and rejuvenating properties. It contains witch hazel that minimizes skin pores and regulates sebum production, aloe vera that hydrates and revitalizes the skin, and cold-pressed rosehip oil that keeps the skin moisturized and supple. The toner also contains licorice to fade dark spots and brighten the skin and provitamin B5 and vitamin B3 to maintain its natural moisture barrier. It has a mesmerizing Bulgarian rose otto fragrance.
- Has a calming fragrance
These are the 10 best toners for people with dry skin. If you are wondering how exactly a toner can help your skin, scroll down.
How Is A Toner Beneficial For Dry Skin?
- Cleanses The Skin: Washing your skin with cleanser does not remove all the residue. A toner ensures thorough cleaning. It preps your skin to soak all the skin care products thoroughly and keeps its moisturized.
- Maintains The Skin’s pH: A mild and moisturizing toner helps maintain the skin’s natural moisture barrier and its ideal pH level. This is crucial to avoid skin irritation, breakouts, and redness.
- Reduces Dryness: Toners often contain natural oils and ingredients like ceramides and niacinamide to help alleviate flaking and dryness.
Toners also soothe the skin and keep it comfortable. Here is how you can use toners to keep your skin healthy.
How To Use Toners For Dry Skin
- Dab a cotton pad with your favorite toner.
- Swipe it all over your face and neck, avoiding the eye area.
- Let it get absorbed for a few seconds.
- Follow up with other skin care products.
Toners for dry skin should be chosen very carefully. Here are a few points to note.
How To Choose The Best Toner For Dry Skin
- Check The Ingredients: Ensure that the toner does not contain alcohol or other harmful additives like parabens. Look for hydrating and soothing ingredients like vitamin E, chamomile, glycerin, aloe vera, hyaluronic acid, ceramides, and rose water.
- Avoid Tough Astringents: If your skin is dry and sensitive, avoid using toner that contains witch hazel and menthol as these may irritate sensitive skin.
Adding a toner to your skin care routine can make a noticeable difference to your skin hydration levels. It helps maintain a proper balance and keeps skin issues at bay. Use any of the toners from our list to keep your skin feeling rejuvenated.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many times should I use a toner on my dry skin?
Use a toner twice a day – after cleansing your face and before moisturizing.
Are rosewater toners good for dry skin?
Yes. Rosewater toners contain moisturizing ingredients, and hence, they are suitable for dry skin.
What are the natural ingredients I should look for in a dry skin toner?
Look for ingredients like hyaluronic acid, honey, aloe vera, ceramides, rosewater, vegetable glycerin, algae, and natural oils.
- 17 Best Face Toners For Clear And Hydrated Skin – 2020
- 15 Homemade Skin Toners You Should Definitely Try
- 15 Best Toners For Combination Skin – For Hydrated, Plump, And Glowing Skin
- How To Use Clinique Clarifying Lotion 2?
- 14 Best Toners For Sensitive Skin – 2020
Latest posts by Oyendrila Kanjilal (see all)
- How To Solve Relationship Problems Without Breaking Up - April 22, 2021
- 12 Best Anti-Aging Kits - March 17, 2021
- 15 Best Dry Brushes For Head-To-Toe Exfoliation - March 15, 2021
- 12 Best Gua Sha Tools Of 2021 – Firm And Lifted Skin In Just A Few Swipes - February 23, 2021
- 7 Best Body Washes For Pregnancy - February 22, 2021