Traveling is fun, but it can be challenging in cold winters as you need special apparel that is functional and practical. Hence, the best travel-friendly winter wear should be a good investment as it allows you to travel comfortably without carrying a pile of winter clothes. These winter apparels keep you warm and allow you to carry essentials that come in handy during your travel. The puffy jackets can be no match to the winter apparel. They may be made of polyester, nylon, or cotton materials. Unlike regular jackets, they are not bulky and keep you comfortable. Have a look at our curated list of travel-friendly winter wear that can keep you super cozy and comfortable. Keep scrolling!
7 Best Travel-Friendly Winter Wear
1. Best Comfort: Max & Mia Ladies’ The Essential Travel Cardigan
This super-soft, travel-friendly cardigan from Max & Mia is made of 75% nylon and 25% rayon. The long sleeves and side pockets ensure that your hands remain warm even during chilly flights. This cardigan is the perfect layering piece you can wear this season. It will keep you warm under your jackets, and you can even wear it while lounging around the house. It comes in four different color options and sizes from small to XXL.
- Soft material
- Side pockets
- Hand wash only
- Thin material
2. Best Stylish: Ecoinway Scarf Wrap Shawl
Gift your loved ones a warm, cozy yet stylish scarf wrap shawl this holiday season. This poncho style sweater is made of 80% polyester and 20% cotton fabric and is lightweight, easy to drape and style, and reversible. The deep pockets take care of all your important items like keys, ID cards, credit cards, wallets, etc. This unisex shawl wrap poncho is free size and can be worn with any style of clothes, boots, or jewelry. This is the ideal fashion accessory that offers a touch of practicality and warmth.
- Easy to buckle
- Easy to drape
- Deep pockets
3. Best Hooded: UGG Women’s Franca Travel Cardigan
If you are looking for a hooded cardigan that is loose yet luxe, the Women’s Franca Travel Cardigan is an ideal choice. It is made of 70% recycled polyester fibers and 30% polyester, which makes it cozy and soft and also gives it a textured look. The cardigan is perfect for travel as it has an oversized hood to protect you from the chilly air from the AC vents in a plane, while the welt pockets keep your hands warm and comfy.
- Easy to wear
- Machine washable
- Soft material
4. Best Versatile: Barefoot Dreams Boucle Hooded Cardigan
This long cardigan from Barefoot Dreams with a hood and pockets makes for an excellent all-weather layering piece. The boucle fabric is not just super soft and comfy, but it also makes the cardigan durable and suitable for regular use. The fabric is made of 85% nylon and 15% polyester, which is breathable and designed to resist snags and tears. This lightweight yet heavy-duty, stylish, and versatile cardigan can undoubtedly be a great addition to your travel gear or even an ideal gifting option to your loved one.
5. Best Oversized: Catalonia Oversized Hoodie Blanket Sweatshirt
The Catalonia Oversized Sweatshirt is the perfect travel companion for all your outdoor camping adventures or a cozy night-in at home. This creatively designed hoodie blanket can be converted into a pillow or lumbar support. It is reversible with a smooth microfleece on the front and a sherpa lining on the other side.
The comfortable giant hoodie keeps you warm from head to toe. It has a large front pocket that keeps your hands warm and is big enough to carry a phone, snacks, or remote. This large, roomy ‘one size fits all’ sweatshirt is suitable for all. The elastic cuffs keep the sleeves in place and allow you to use your hands. This winter wear is machine washable and easy to clean.
- Large front pocket
- One size fits all
- Machine washable
6. Best Utility Pockets: SCOTTeVEST Women’s Sweatshirt
Are you looking for a sweatshirt that will help organize your travel essentials and make you look incredibly fashionable at the same time? The SCOTTeVest women’s Chloe glow travel hoodie is the right choice. It is made of cotton, poly, and spandex blend and is machine washable. The 18 pockets hold all your travel essentials, and the concealed pockets enable safe and secure traveling. The well-designed, chiropractor-approved travel hoodie is moisture-wicking and quick-drying, making it ideal for winter wear.
- Multiple pockets
- Machine washable
- Extendable and detachable key holder
- Hidden thumbholes
- Hidden pockets
- Reversible cuffs
- May run small
7. Best Wrinkle-Resistance: SCOTTeVEST Women’s Lucy Travel Cardigan
If a stylish yet functional cardigan is what you have on mind, this one from SCOTTeVest is your best bet. It is made of 61.4% polyester and 38.6% cotton, which increases wrinkle resistance. This cardigan comes with four utility pockets to keep all your necessities intact while traveling. It includes a cowl that can double up as a loose headscarf. Style it as you wish – keep it open for the Gen Z look or close it using a fashionable belt. It is the perfect combination of comfort and functionality.
- Machine washable
- Zipper pockets
- Includes a cowl
- 2-year warranty
- May pull and tug
Before you decide on your favorite travel-friendly winter wear and make the purchase, have you wondered why you should invest in these? Check out the section below to learn about some benefits of these winter wear.
Why You Should Pack Travel-Friendly Winter Wear
- Stay Cozy On Flights: Traveling by air can give one the chills, especially when the AC vent blows out cold air right on your head. Here’s where your hooded travel jacket can save the day! Moreover, if you begin to feel warm, you can just take it off and fold it to make a portable lumbar support pillow and rest your back. You can even pass through the TSA at the airport without having to remove your sweater! Cool, isn’t it?
- Layer Up For Warmth And Comfort: Layers work magic where a single piece fails to impress. Wearing just a jacket may not be as efficient as wearing layers of warm clothes. A good travel cardigan under your hoodie works wonders in keeping you warm. And when you are a little sweaty from the trek or hike that you took, all you need to do is take off that one layer, and you are good to go!
- Style Up: A puffy jacket can make you look like a tent, and you sure don’t want to be looking like one when you are traveling. A lightweight, wrinkle-free travel sweater or sweatshirt is way more fashionable. You can even accessorize with a belt to give your body a flattering fit.
We hope our guide and suggested list of winter wear will be the perfect travel partner that will keep you warm and cozy.
Regular sweaters can be bulky and take up a lot of space in your suitcase. You need lightweight and travel-friendly winter wear that can keep you warm without being too bulky and heavy. With a wide choice of colors and fabrics, these travel-friendly winter wear on our list makes your winters more stylish and warm. We recommend the SCOTTeVEST Women’s Sweatshirt with multiple pockets if you are getting on a long flight. For shorter trips, the Max & Mia Ladies’ The Essential Travel Cardigan is a good option.
- 10 Best Women’s Travel Underwear To Keep Your Trips Comfy
- 11 Best Travel Leggings To Travel In Style And Comfort
- 10 Best Travel Pants For Long Flights That Are Comfortable
- 13 Best Ski Jackets To Keep You Warm This Winter
- 11 Best Travel Fanny Packs Of 2021