If you are going to exfoliate those dead skin cells and oil buildup, let it be with a vegan scrub. Nowadays, going vegan is more of a conscious decision than a fad, so why shouldn’t your skincare products be vegan as well, right? Knowing for a fact that it’s cruelty-free and excludes animal-derived ingredients, you can scrub away without feeling the slightest guilt of harming your furry or scaly buddies. And as far as the scrubbing benefits are concerned, consider all those acne-causing bacteria, dead skin cells, and sebum buildup pulled out and cleansed. Now, whether you want to upgrade from your old scrub or looking for the best vegan face scrub, we have the top picks of the year lined up for you!
Yep, scrub away for a beautiful, clear, and stunning glow! Go on, check out our list of 10 best vegan face scrubs of 2020 below:
Read on to know more!
Table Of Contents
Top 10 Best Vegan Face Scrubs For Animal Lovers
Exfoliate to shine beauties! Staying true to its name, here’s a scrub that will brighten up your skin with a healthy glow instantly. Pulling out the toxins, impurities, and dead skin cells, watch your pores look cleansed and tighter with every use. Packed with skin-friendly ingredients such as sea kelp, lemon peel, Madonna lily, and French green clay, it claims to detox, soften, and purify your skin all in one go. Don’t believe us? Go on, exfoliate to witness the glow up!
- Eliminates dullness
- Rejuvenates and replenishes skin
- Cruelty-free, paraben-free, sulfate-free, mineral oil-free, and more
- Suitable for all skin types
- The scrub particles may be too gentle for intense exfoliation.
This vegan facial scrub is packed with eco-friendly ingredients! Exfoliating intensely with rosehip and bamboo particles, it cleanses away the impurities like a charm to leave your skin clear, softer, and healthy-looking instantly. Also, it does not stop at exfoliating, as it soothes and nourishes too with other organic ingredients such as aloe vera, sunflower, lemon, coconut, and sugar cane. All in all, it is safe for you, the environment, and also animal-friendly; indulge in this organic exfoliating face scrub ASAP!
- Gentle formula
- Organic-certified scrub
- Boosts and stimulates collagen
- Non-GMO and gluten-free
- Free from parabens, petrochemicals, sulfates, phthalates, microbeads, and more
More like an energy booster, watch your skin go from meh to mesmerizing instantly with this vegan scrub by Thrive. Powered by plants, it contains juanilama and fierillo, which have antioxidant, anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, and anti-fungal properties to combat infections and pull out toxins and impurities diligently. Leaving your skin fresh and rejuvenated with every use, its medium-level exfoliation also tackles ingrown hair, dryness, and dead skin. Besides this, it exfoliates with grounded coffee from Arabica and potent plant oils from Costa Rica. Give it a try!
- 100% natural ingredients
- Ideal and safe to use post-shaving
- Improves uneven texture and skin tone
- Energizes and exfoliates at the same time
- Eliminates oil buildups, sweat, and SPF
- Shields skin from damages, irritation, and stress
- Gluten-free, non-GMO, and cruelty-free
- Free from microbeads, synthetics, color, fragrances, and artificial ingredients
- Strong scent
Let every exfoliation be gentle, healthy, and satisfying for you and the animal lover in you! Here’s a vegan exfoliating face scrub packed with non-toxic ingredients such as marine red algae, lilac plant stem cells, and red algae concentrate that work together to cleanse, soothe, and manage oil on your skin. Also, it is formulated with skin-restoring benefits and enhances the sensitive skin texture too. A great option if you are dealing with clogged pores and excess oil problems, try it if you don’t mind spending on a premium product.
- Refines and purifies pores
- Soothes redness and enhances texture
- Eliminates dead skin cells and impurities
- Protects skin against skin-damaging radicals
- Gluten-free, cruelty-free, and environmental-friendly
- Suitable for dry and oily skin
Are you looking for a trusted brand for your skin? Try Ayumi, for it is dermatologist-tested. Infused with sandalwood, perlite volcanic lava, and bamboo stem powder, it combats dead skin cells and impurities intensely and ensures the pores are cleaned thoroughly too. And wait, there is more! After intense exfoliation, it soothes and hydrates the skin with cocoa, shea butter, jojoba oil, and Amazonian babassu palm oil. Also, it has an ultra-nourishing blend, as the formula contains a mix of other essential oils such as jasmine, ylang-ylang, cedar, lavender, sandalwood, and more for an ultra-pampering experience. Do not miss it!
- Ultra-moisturizing formula
- Lifts off toxins and scrubs gently
- Leaves skin smooth and soft
- Cruelty-free and paraben-free
- Not ideal if you are sensitive to smell
Enjoy the benefits of exfoliation, scrubbing, and polishing all in one with MyChelle Fruit Enzyme Scrub. Tough on impurities and dead skin cells, it’s gentle on the skin and refines pores without irritating or drying the surface. The formula contains jojoba oil beads, AHAs, bamboo extract, fruit enzymes, and powerful antioxidants to exfoliate, protect, and restore skin to its optimal health. Yep, who’s up for a fruity experience?
- Exfoliates intensely
- Stimulates blood circulation
- Protects against skin-damaging radicals
- Eliminates dry, dull, and damaged skin cells
- Combats hyperpigmentation and blemishes
- EWG-verified, cruelty-free, gluten-free, and Non-GMO
- Sulfate-free, silicone-free, petroleum-free, paraben-free, and more
- Suitable for oily, combination, and acne-prone skin
- Not recommended for sensitive skin or rosacea
Are you dealing with fine lines and wrinkles? If yes, then this premium and vegan smoothing scrub is a must-try for mature skin or those dealing with early signs of aging. Infused with all-natural and botanical ingredients, it contains glycolic, alpha-lipoic, lactic acids, vitamin C, Microderm crystals, and alpha-hydroxy acids. Formulated to exfoliate intensely and smoothen the texture, it also minimizes the dark spots with every use. All in all, after every scrub session, your skin will feel soft, firmer, and healthier than before. Want more? This natural vegan face scrub exfoliates without over-drying and stimulates skin renewal too. Now, that’s something worth experiencing, don’t you think?
- Boosts collagen production
- Improves elasticity and skin’s health
- Nourishes intensely with antioxidants
- Minimizes pores and fades scars and blemishes
- Dermatologist-certified, cruelty-free, and non-irritating
- Paraben-free, phthalate-free, and phthalate-free
- Suitable for sensitive, acne-prone, combination, oily, and dry skin
- Intense scent
Are you looking for a gentle vegan scrub? Quit searching as this organic face scrub will be a great option for you. Ideal to use as a cleanser as well, all thanks to the gentle microdermabrasion, your scrub session can’t get any more pampering than this. Getting rid of all kinds of impurities from oil build ups to dirt, it also hydrates intensely and repairs skin damages. The formula contains bamboo powder, a blend of superfruits, aloe vera, volcanic powder, chlorophyll, and more vegetable-derived cleansers. Yep, consider your skin cleansed, nourished, and beautified with this one.
- Non-irritating formula
- Prevents blackheads and blemishes
- Leaves skin glowing and healthy
- Eliminates dullness and combats aging signs
- Cruelty-free and free from harsh chemicals
- Suitable for all ages and skin types
- Not for daily use if you have sensitive skin
Sugar, yes please! If you enjoy homemade scrubs, then you’ll love this brown sugar scrub by Brooklyn Brown. Formulated to exfoliate from head to toe, you can enjoy a full-body scrub with this softer version of natural sugar. And if you are wondering if it will be harsh on sensitive skin, then let us assure you that it is gentle enough to be used as a lip scrub too! And the best part, it not only scrubs but moisturizes as well. Too sweet to be missed, don’t you think?
- 100% all-natural formula
- Locks in natural moisture
- Ideal to use post waxing or shaving
- Eliminates dead skin cells, dirt, and oil buildups
- Combats blackheads, blemishes, and dryness
- Reduces the appearance of acne and scars
- Cruelty-free, paraben-free, sulfate-free, and alcohol-free
- May be slightly greasy for oily skin
Lastly, this pumpkin-powered facial scrub that claims to detoxify, nourish, and repair skin— all in one go. So, are you dealing with dull and tired skin, or are blackheads giving you a tough time? Indulge and scrub with this natural exfoliator that ensures to penetrate deep into the skin, drive out the impurities and nourish with its enriching formula. It contains apple, almond acid, pumpkin enzymes, pumpkin oil, vitamin E, and apricot grains, thus making it one of the best vegan scrubs out there.
- Ideal for all skin types
- Nourishes intensely
- Purifies and polishes skin
- Leaves skin fresh and glowing
- Prevents breakouts and blemishes
- Protects against skin-damaging radicals
- Cruelty-free, sulfate-free, and paraben-free
- Suitable for acne-prone and mature skin
- Not recommended if you prefer fragrance-free scrubs
There you go— we’ve made your scrubs paw-friendly now! Yep, those were the 10 best vegan face scrubs that you must try this season. Do you need more assistance with buying the right face scrub? Or are you wondering how long you should scrub? We’ve explained it all in the buying guide below.
How do I choose the right vegan face scrub?
Look out for the following features while choosing a vegan face scrub:
Skin type: There are vegan scrubs available for all skin types, be it dry, oily, combination, acne-prone, sensitive, and mature skin. So, before choosing a scrub, figure out your skin type and then pick the one that best suits your skin condition.
Exfoliates intensely: Pick a scrub that exfoliates intensely and guarantees to cleanse and minimize the appearance of pores for soft, clearer, and cleaner skin.
Chemicals-free formula: Vegan scrubs should ideally be chemical-free, so your skin can bask in the all-natural blend without coming in contact with chemicals that can irritate the skin.
Non-irritating scrub: A scrub should not irritate your skin while exfoliating, or else it is a lost cause. Hence, pick a scrub that guarantees to scrub without over-drying, is non-irritating and gentle too.
Avoid animal-derived ingredients: If a product contains animal-derived ingredients such as beeswax, etc., it is not 100% vegan. So, look for products that do not contain animal-derived ingredients for the best experience.
How long should you scrub your face?
Not more than a minute! Ideally, you must scrub as long as you feel satisfied to have cleansed and exfoliated all the areas. However, the scrubbing time should not exceed more than a minute.
Yep, ready for TLC with some paw-sitive love! Now, anyone can scrub without feeling the slightest guilt of hurting their furry friends. These vegan scrubs with all-natural ingredients will not only exfoliate gently but ensure your skin looks healthy with a vegan glow. With 10 options on our list that are chemical-free and environment-friendly, there’s no reason why you must give them a miss. Hurry, go vegan with the best scrub today!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is a scrub good for your face?
Yes, a scrub is very good for those who are dealing with blackheads, dead skin cells, clogged pores, or tired skin. It helps exfoliate intensely to leave your skin cleaner, clearer, firmer, and younger-looker than before.
Is it okay to use a face scrub every day?
No, you should not use a face scrub more than thrice a week. Also, if you have sensitive skin then stick to using it twice a week only. Scrubbing your skin too much can irritate the pH balance and damage the skin rather than protecting it.
Is apricot scrub bad for your face?
It depends on your skin type and condition. Vegan scrubs with apricot may be grainy and ideal for intense exfoliation that might not suit sensitive or rash-prone skin. However, if you are looking for one, then Peter Lamas Naturals Exfoliating Pumpkin Facial Scrub is a great option.
Can I use face scrub after face wash?
Yes, you can, if your cleanser is gentle, so that you don’t have to scrub too much. However, avoid using an intense face wash before scrubbing as you may end up disturbing the natural moisture/oil balance of your skin.
Latest posts by Chaitra Krishnan (see all)
- It’s Glow Time With 15 Best Vitamin C Serums For Oily Skin In 2021 - January 22, 2021
- Smell Good Always With The 15 Best Smelling Body Washes Of 2021 - January 20, 2021
- 13 Best Night Creams For Dry Skin That You Must Try In 2021 - January 20, 2021
- 15 Best Hand Creams For Soft And Smooth Skin (2021) - January 19, 2021
- 17 Best Drugstore Face Mists For All Skin Types - January 19, 2021