11 Best Vegan Face Scrubs Of 2023 To Exfoliate Your Way To Flawless Skin! (With Reviews)
Tackle dullness and achieve a healthy glow with skin-friendly facial exfoliators.
A face scrub exfoliates your skin, removes dead cells, eliminates oil buildup, and keeps your skin clean and smooth. However, a generic face scrub may contain some chemicals that trigger allergies and irritation on your skin. Instead, get your hands on the best vegan face scrubs that are formulated using plant-based ingredients and are chemical-free. These face scrubs are cruelty-free and do not include animal-derived ingredients. In addition, they help to keep your skin radiant and flawless. Some vegan face washes are formulated to remove acne-causing bacteria along with dead cells, while some nourish your skin by cleansing all impurities. In this article, we bring you the best vegan face scrubs that exfoliate your skin gently. Scroll down and grab an amazing face scrub for yourself!
- 1 Best Skin-Friendly Ingredients Acure Brightening Facial Scrub Acure $7.99 ON AMAZON Read More › $7.99 ON AMAZON
- 2 Best For All Skin Types Elizabeth Mott Vitamin C Face Scrub Elizabeth Mott $19.99 ON AMAZON Read More › $19.99 ON AMAZON
- 3 Best Alcohol-Free Formula Health Priority Natural Products Vitamin E Exfoliating Facial Scrub $23.97 ON AMAZON Read More › $23.97 ON AMAZON
- 4 Best Natural Formula THRIVE Natural Energy Scrub Thrive Natural Care $38.45 ON AMAZON Read More › $38.45 ON AMAZON
- 5 Best Pore Purifying Formula Intelligent Nutrients Refining Micro Polish Face Scrub Intelligent Nutrients $58.0 ON AMAZON Read More › $58.0 ON AMAZON
- 6 Best Easy-To-Use Pacifica Pore Warrior Soft Scrub $11.87 ON AMAZON Read More › $11.87 ON AMAZON
- 7 Best For Hyperpigmentation MyChelle Fruit Enzyme Scrub Mychelle Dermaceuticals $19.0 ON AMAZON Read More › $19.0 ON AMAZON
- 8 Best Organic Scrub NuRevealSkincare Bright Star Scrub Nureveal Skincare $42 ON AMAZON Read More › $42 ON AMAZON
- 9 Best Non-Irritating Formula Beauty By Earth Pure + Organic Facial Scrub Beauty By Earth $24.99 ON AMAZON Read More › $24.99 ON AMAZON
- 10 Best Cruelty-Free Formula Brooklyn Botany Brown Sugar Scrub Brooklyn Botany $9.99 ON AMAZON Read More › $9.99 ON AMAZON
Yep, scrub away for a beautiful, clear, and stunning glow! Go on, check out our list of 11 best vegan face scrubs of 2023 below:
Read on to know more!
In This Article
Top 11 Best Vegan Face Scrubs For Animal Lovers
Best Skin-Friendly Ingredients:Acure Brightening Facial Scrub
Exfoliate to shine beauties! Staying true to its name, here’s a scrub that will brighten up your skin with a healthy glow instantly. Pulling out the toxins, impurities, and dead skin cells, watch your pores look cleansed and tighter with every use. Packed with skin-friendly ingredients such as sea kelp, lemon peel, Madonna lily, and French green clay, it claims to detox, soften, and purify your skin all in one go. Don’t believe us? Go on, exfoliate to witness the glow up!
- Eliminates dullness
- Rejuvenates and replenishes skin
- Cruelty-free, paraben-free, sulfate-free, mineral oil-free, and more
- Suitable for all skin types
- The scrub particles may be too gentle for intense exfoliation.
Best For All Skin Types:Elizabeth Mott Vitamin C Face Scrub
The Elizabeth Mott Vitamin C Face Scrub is crafted with the nourishing Vitamin C that brightens the skin tone. It contains coconut fruit extract that combats aging signs and sunflower oil that restores the skin barrier. This gentle face pack deep cleanses the pores, rejuvenates dull skin, and reduces hyperpigmentation. With only a small amount of the scrub, you will achieve baby-like soft, smooth and radiant skin in no time.
- Suitable for all skin types
- Does not irritate the skin
- Softens the skin
- Pleasant fragrance
- Might leave a greasy residue
Best Alcohol-Free Formula:Health Priority Natural Products Vitamin E Exfoliating Facial Scrub
Having a vegan exfoliating scrub that contains biodegradable ingredients for gentle daily cleansing is a treasure. This one from Health Priority contains jojoba pearls that are safe both for your skin and the environment. Its rich and creamy texture removes rigid dead skin cells, dirt, and makeup, leaving the pores deeply detoxified. The enriching combination of Vitamin E and organic oils nourish the skin, leaving the skin tone and texture improved and rejuvenated. It doesn’t over-dry the skin but soothes it and works for all skin types. What a bonus!
- Suitable for all skin types
- Gentle exfoliator
- Detoxifies pores
- Revives skin tone and texture
- Nourishes the skin
- Might have an unpleasant smell
Best Natural Formula:THRIVE Natural Energy Scrub
More like an energy booster, watch your skin go from meh to mesmerizing instantly with this vegan scrub by Thrive. Powered by plants, it contains juanilama and fierillo, which have antioxidant, anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, and anti-fungal properties to combat infections and pull out toxins and impurities diligently. Leaving your skin fresh and rejuvenated with every use, its medium-level exfoliation also tackles ingrown hair, dryness, and dead skin. Besides this, it exfoliates with grounded coffee from Arabica and potent plant oils from Costa Rica. Give it a try!
- 100% natural ingredients
- Ideal and safe to use post-shaving
- Improves uneven texture and skin tone
- Energizes and exfoliates at the same time
- Eliminates oil buildups, sweat, and SPF
- Shields skin from damages, irritation, and stress
- Gluten-free, non-GMO, and cruelty-free
- Free from microbeads, synthetics, color, fragrances, and artificial ingredients
- Strong scent
Best Pore Purifying Formula:Intelligent Nutrients Refining Micro Polish Face Scrub
Let every exfoliation be gentle, healthy, and satisfying for you and the animal lover in you! Here’s a vegan exfoliating face scrub packed with non-toxic ingredients such as marine red algae, lilac plant stem cells, and red algae concentrate that work together to cleanse, soothe, and manage oil on your skin. Also, it is formulated with skin-restoring benefits and enhances the sensitive skin texture too. A great option if you are dealing with clogged pores and excess oil problems, try it if you don’t mind spending on a premium product.
- Refines and purifies pores
- Soothes redness and enhances texture
- Eliminates dead skin cells and impurities
- Protects skin against skin-damaging radicals
- Gluten-free, cruelty-free, and environmental-friendly
- Suitable for dry and oily skin
Best Easy-To-Use:Pacifica Pore Warrior Soft Scrub
The Pacifica Pore Warrior Soft Scrub features plant-based scrubbing beads and papaya fruit acids that dissolve the debris and eliminate them from your skin. Made with skin-soothing ingredients like cucumber, niacinamide, mint, lavender, and Vitamin E, the scrub is completely suitable for sensitive skin. Additionally, it is also completely free from any harsh chemicals like parabens and phthalates.
- Softens the skin
- Easy to apply
- Does not strip the moisture away
- Does not irritate the skin
- Leaves a film on the skin
Best For Hyperpigmentation:MyChelle Fruit Enzyme Scrub
Enjoy the benefits of exfoliation, scrubbing, and polishing all in one with MyChelle Fruit Enzyme Scrub. Tough on impurities and dead skin cells, it’s gentle on the skin and refines pores without irritating or drying the surface. The formula contains jojoba oil beads, AHAs, bamboo extract, fruit enzymes, and powerful antioxidants to exfoliate, protect, and restore skin to its optimal health. Melting jojoba beads exfoliate without the risk of tearing the skin.
- Exfoliates intensely
- Stimulates blood circulation
- Protects against skin-damaging radicals
- Eliminates dry, dull, and damaged skin cells
- Combats hyperpigmentation and blemishes
- EWG-verified, cruelty-free, gluten-free, and Non-GMO
- Sulfate-free, silicone-free, petroleum-free, paraben-free, and more
- Suitable for oily, combination, and acne-prone skin
- Not recommended for sensitive skin or rosacea
Best Organic Scrub:NuRevealSkincare Bright Star Scrub
The NuRevealSkincare Bright Star Scrub is a certified face and lip scrub. The scrub is infused with blood orange red which helps increase blood flow. It also contains peppermint oil that naturally cleanses and soothes inflamed skin. The scrub also features white willow bark, chamomile, and lavender water that rejuvenate and improve the texture of your skin. The rosehip and sunflower seed oil combats against the radical aggressors and reduces redness, respectively, and the organic aloe leaf juice heals skin conditions like rosacea and dermatitis. Additionally, the AHA acids and the walnut shell powder in the formula treat hyperpigmentation, deep cleanse clogged pores, restores the pH balance, and turn your skin baby soft and smooth.
- Soft texture
- Not overpowering fragrance
- Washes off easily
- Might trigger allergies
Best Non-Irritating Formula:Beauty By Earth Pure + Organic Facial Scrub
Are you looking for a gentle vegan scrub? Quit searching as this organic face scrub will be a great option for you. Ideal to use as a cleanser as well, all thanks to the gentle microdermabrasion, your scrub session can’t get any more pampering than this. Getting rid of all kinds of impurities from oil build-ups to dirt, it also hydrates intensely and repairs skin damage. The formula contains bamboo powder, a blend of superfruits, aloe vera, volcanic powder, chlorophyll, and more vegetable-derived cleansers. Yep, consider your skin cleansed, nourished, and beautified with this one.
- Non-irritating formula
- Prevents blackheads and blemishes
- Leaves skin glowing and healthy
- Eliminates dullness and combats aging signs
- Cruelty-free and free from harsh chemicals
- Suitable for all ages and skin types
- Not for daily use if you have sensitive skin
Best Cruelty-Free Formula:Brooklyn Botany Brown Sugar Scrub
Sugar, yes please! If you enjoy homemade scrubs, then you’ll love this brown sugar scrub by Brooklyn Brown. Formulated to exfoliate from head to toe, you can enjoy a full-body scrub with this softer version of natural sugar. And if you are wondering if it will be harsh on sensitive skin, then let us assure you that it is gentle enough to be used as a lip scrub too! And the best part, it not only scrubs but moisturizes as well. Too sweet to be missed, don’t you think?
- 100% all-natural formula
- Locks in natural moisture
- Ideal to use post waxing or shaving
- Eliminates dead skin cells, dirt, and oil buildups
- Combats blackheads, blemishes, and dryness
- Reduces the appearance of acne and scars
- Cruelty-free, paraben-free, sulfate-free, and alcohol-free
- May be slightly greasy for oily skin
Best For Mature Skin:Peter Lamas Naturals Exfoliating Pumpkin Facial Scrub
The Peter Lamas Naturals Exfoliating Pumpkin Facial Scrub helps to detoxify, nourish, and repair skin— all in one go. So, are you dealing with dull and tired skin, or are blackheads giving you a tough time? Indulge and scrub with this natural exfoliator that ensures it penetrates deep into the skin, drives out the impurities, and nourishes with its enriching formula. It contains apple, almond acid, pumpkin enzymes, pumpkin oil, vitamin E, and apricot grains, thus making it one of the best vegan scrubs out there. However, make sure that you do not use a scrub on active acne.
- Ideal for all skin types
- Nourishes intensely
- Purifies and polishes skin
- Leaves skin fresh and glowing
- Prevents breakouts and blemishes
- Protects against skin-damaging radicals
- Cruelty-free, sulfate-free, and paraben-free
- Suitable for acne-prone and mature skin
- Not recommended if you prefer fragrance-free scrubs
“Scrubs can be highly beneficial if used the right way. However, manual exfoliation performed too often can disrupt the microbiome and cause microtears in the epidermis. Combine them as weekly treatments with chemical exfoliation on alternate days,” says Hillary Clark, a Medical Esthetician. Do you need more assistance with buying the right face scrub? Or are you wondering how long you should scrub? We’ve explained it all in the buying guide below.
Look out for the following features while choosing a vegan face scrub:
Skin type: There are vegan scrubs available for all skin types, be it dry, oily, combination, acne-prone, sensitive, and mature skin. So, before choosing a scrub, figure out your skin type and then pick the one that best suits your skin condition.
Exfoliates intensely: Pick a scrub that exfoliates intensely and guarantees to cleanse and minimize the appearance of pores for soft, clearer, and cleaner skin.
Chemicals-free formula: Vegan scrubs should ideally be chemical-free, so your skin can bask in the all-natural blend without coming in contact with chemicals that can irritate the skin.
Non-irritating scrub: A scrub should not irritate your skin while exfoliating, or else it is a lost cause. Hence, pick a scrub that guarantees to scrub without over-drying, is non-irritating and gentle too.
Avoid animal-derived ingredients: If a product contains animal-derived ingredients such as beeswax, etc., it is not 100% vegan. So, look for products that do not contain animal-derived ingredients for the best experience.
How long should you scrub your face?
Not more than a minute! Ideally, you must scrub as long as you feel satisfied to have cleansed and exfoliated all the areas. However, the scrubbing time should not exceed more than a minute.
Yep, ready for TLC with some paw-sitive love! Now, anyone can scrub without feeling the slightest guilt of hurting their furry friends. These vegan scrubs with all-natural ingredients will not only exfoliate gently but ensure your skin looks healthy with a vegan glow. With 11 options on our list that are chemical-free and environment-friendly, there’s no reason why you must give them a miss. Hurry, go vegan with the best scrub today!
Why Trust Stylecraze
Vaishnavi Kothuri is an articulate writer. Her expertise lies in the field of writing about skin care products. She has curated a list of the best vegan face scrubs in this post. Her content is supported by in-depth research to guarantee the great quality and efficiency of the product. She has also backed her recommendations with expert reviews from the skin care industry to help you make a trustworthy choice for your skin care routine.
Is a scrub good for your face?
Yes, a scrub is very good for those who are dealing with blackheads, dead skin cells, clogged pores, or tired skin. It helps exfoliate intensely to leave your skin cleaner, clearer, firmer, and younger-looker than before.
Is it okay to use a face scrub every day?
No, you should not use a face scrub more than thrice a week. Also, if you have sensitive skin then stick to using it twice a week only. Scrubbing your skin too much can irritate the pH balance and damage the skin rather than protecting it.
Is apricot scrub bad for your face?
It depends on your skin type and condition. Vegan scrubs with apricot may be grainy and ideal for intense exfoliation that might not suit sensitive or rash-prone skin. However, if you are looking for one, then Peter Lamas Naturals Exfoliating Pumpkin Facial Scrub is a great option.
Can I use face scrub after face wash?
Yes, you can, if your cleanser is gentle, so that you don’t have to scrub too much. However, avoid using an intense face wash before scrubbing as you may end up disturbing the natural moisture/oil balance of your skin.
Do facial scrubs damage your skin?
Not all facial scrubs damage your skin, but any scrub containing large, irregularly shaped particles causes micro-tears on the skin’s surface.
Should I apply moisturizer after scrubbing?
Yes, applying a moisturizer afterwards is very important as scrubbing makes the skin dry.
- Best Vegan Body Scrubs For Healthy Skin
- Best Face Scrubs For Oily Skin
- Best Face Scrubs Without Microbeads
- Best Natural Facial Scrubs