Rowing is an incredible sport and a full-body exercise. This low-impact workout burns 200-300 calories in 30 minutes. It strengthens shoulders, lats, upper back, abs, obliques, chest, biceps, triceps, glutes, quads, and hamstrings.
But you do not have to be a member of a rowing club or have a river nearby to row. You can bring home a super sophisticated water rowing machine. With its full-view LCD, heart sensor, a water tank for resistance, sturdy construction, and relaxing sound of water splashing, you are going to love rowing and benefit from this workout equipment. Here are the 9 best water rowing machines of 2021 with reviews. Compare now!
In This Article
10 Best Water Rowing Machines For An Indoor Workout
The MaxKare Water Rowing Machine has a sturdy and durable steel frame equipped with a water tank, LCD display, soft handles, a padded seat, footrest with straps, and a maximum weight capacity of 264 lbs. It is designed to imitate the real strokes in water and make the rowing experience more realistic and challenging. The ergonomic design and easy use make this indoor water rower suitable and enjoyable for adults under 264 lbs.
The adjustable LCD monitor tracks your fitness data, including time, strokes per minute, distance, strokes, and calories burnt. The pulleys with soft and comfortable grip handles allow a smoother rowing experience. The “man-machine competitive mode” makes exercising more interesting. A support point and front wheels allow portability and upright storage when not in use.
- Durable and sturdy steel frame
- Adjustable footplates with straps
- Cushioned seat
- Padded handles
- Water resistance
- Bottle holder
- Man-machine competitive mode
- Front wheels for portability
- Easy assembly
- Can be stored vertically
- May leak water when stored vertically
The Merax Water Rowing Machine sports a sleek and elegant design. The inclined blue water tank provides extra resistance. This indoor water rower is highly refined with solid steel construction for steady performance and durability. The large LCD monitor accurately tracks the rowing intensity, duration, strokes, calories burnt, distance, and heart rate. You can quick-start and stop the rowing workout with the push of a single button.
The most exciting aspect of the machine is that you can challenge yourself under the “competitive race mode” by getting on an intense rowing competition. This water rowing machine features a 19” long ergonomic handle to maximize your rowing performance and a 12.5” x 10” contoured seat for comfort during your long-time rowing workouts. The 12” long footrest with a fully adjustable velcro strap secures your feet. It is equipped with wheels for portability. It supports up to 330 lbs.
- Water tank for more resistance
- Durable and stable mental frame
- Single-button push for quick-start and stop
- Competitive race mode
- Wheels for portability
- Upright storage
- Could be a little loud.
The Water Rower Club Rowing Machine is made of hard wood and is super sturdy and stable. The padded contoured seat increases comfort so that you can use this indoor water rowing machine for a long duration. The pulley handle is foam padded for a good grip throughout the workout session. The footrest is equipped with straps for a secure workout. The parts are labeled and easy to assemble. The machine is also easy to store.
- Easy assembly
- Soothing sound
- Beautifully labeled parts
- Footrest with straps
- Easy to store
- No LCD display
The First Degree Fitness Apollo Pro II Indoor Water Rowing Machine is constructed with high-quality steel and hand-lacquered ash. The patented twin tank features two triple-bladed impellers for smooth resistance. Ergonomic handles keep the wrists or forearms from twisting and straining. A LED display helps track time, distance, strokes per minute, 500-meter split time, calories burned per hour, and heart rate. The height-adjustable footplates come with adjustable straps. Cushioned contoured seats ensure comfort. Front wheels make it portable. The machine’s maximum weight capacity is 330 lbs.
- Smooth resistance
- Durable belt drive
- Ergonomic handles help prevent twisting.
- USB connectivity
- Height-adjustable footplates
- Cushioned contoured seats
- Front wheels
- May leak
The Stamina Elite Wave Water Rower features a sturdy frame and a high-end fitness monitor. The chest strap heart rate sensor syncs wirelessly with the monitor to display heart rate on the large, readable display. The monitor also displays distance, time, calories burned, stroke count, strokes per minute, and pulse. The blue water tank provides infinite levels of resistance and sounds like rowing on the water. A siphon is provided for the easy filling and removal of the water from the reservoir. A wide, molded seat offers comfort during workout.
The machine also features ball-bearing rollers for smooth seat gliding while rowing. The steel rowing beam allows smoother rowing. The padded, textured rowing handles aid better grip. The adjustable-length footplates accommodate a wide range of foot sizes. The foot straps can be easily adjusted to secure the feet. The foldable frame of the machine allows for easy storage. The machine is equipped with wheels for transport and leveling endcaps with a dial for stability.
- Sturdy frame
- Large, readable display
- Water tank for resistance
- Wide, molded seat for comfort
- Smooth seat gliding while rowing
- Padded, textured rowing handles for better grip
- Adjustable-length footplates
- Adjustable foot straps
- Easy to store
- Equipped with wheels for transport
- Leveling endcaps with a dial for stability
- Handle padding may not be durable
Have a full-body workout with the Marcy Water Rowing Machine. It is equipped with an in-built LCD monitor that displays calories, pulse rate, distance, total reps, calendar, temperature, and clock. However, the chest strap to monitor your pulse rate is not included with the machine and you have to buy it separately. In addition, the device has large pedals and loops for secure footing to avoid skidding. Moreover, the contoured seat ensures a comfortable workout session and reduces soreness if you are sitting for a longer period. This rowing machine can hold weight up to 300 pounds and can be stored vertically when not in use.
- 6 water adjustable resistance
- Large pedals
- Easy to assemble
- Easy maneuverability
- Easy storage
The XTERRA Fitness Water Rower features an advanced multi-bladed impeller water tank for a realistic rowing feel. Its unique inclined water tank generates a significant range of resistance. The dual aluminum covered rails provide a smooth and quiet rowing motion. The padded handles and flex footplates are designed to give you an authentic rowing experience while maintaining maximum comfort.
This versatile water rowing machine features a 15” high seat. You can get on and off the rower easily. It also comes with 15 workout programs that track strokes, target calories, distance, time, and more. It comes with 2 AA batteries and an owner’s manual.
- Easy-fill water tank with 6 levels of resistance
- Peaceful operation
- Console holds a phone or tablet
- Padded rowing handles
- Cushioned seat
- Flex pedals with adjustable straps
- May leak
Enjoy a real rowing experience at your home with the Real Relax Water Rowing Machine made of wood. This machine can effectively train your body muscles up to 84%. It burns excess fat, builds an attractive body with sharp muscle lines, and exercises spinal joints. The device is equipped with an LED monitor that can show you the minutes spent on the machine, calories burnt, and the number of strokes completed per minute. Moreover, this rowing machine has handles bent at 20° that is considered as the perfect angle for exercising. It has movable wheels to allow easy portability.
- Easy to move and store
- Easy to install
- Ultra-quiet slides
- Footrests are not adjustable
The IRON COMPANY Water Rower is a sturdy machine suitable for your home gym. It has a quiet operation. The double blade impeller helps create resistance to improve your cardiovascular fitness and strengthen the muscles. The large footplates with adjustable straps fit different foot sizes and keep the feet secured throughout the workout session. The LCD display helps track distance, time, calories burnt, heart rate, and strokes. The padded and contoured seat provides comfort. The padded rowing handles allow a strong grip.
- Sturdy body
- Quiet operation
- Large footplates with adjustable straps
- Cushioned seat
- Padded rowing handles for stronger grip
- No wheels
These are the 9 best water rowing machines you can buy online. Including the machine in your regular workout routine can help you with the following benefits.
Benefits Of A Water Rowing Machine
- Helps burn about 200-300 calories in a 30-minute session.
- It is a low-impact cardio workout. It is easy on the joints.
- Improves cardiovascular fitness.
- Helps strengthen the muscles.
- Targets the whole body.
- Suitable for adults of all ages.
- Most of them have a meditative operation.
- Resistance can be adjusted by controlling the amount of water.
- Does not take too much space.
- Easy to store.
Here are some more benefits of rowing exercises you may want to know. But before you make your purchase, do keep the following points in mind.
Choosing A Good Water Rowing Machine – A Buying Guide
- Construction: A sturdy steel body or hardwood frame suits the best for stability and durability.
- Water tank: The capacity of the water tank or reservoir determines the levels of resistance. This means that a machine with a larger reservoir will help you get a better and more intense workout.
- Impeller blades: Double or multiple impeller blades help provide more resistance. The blades should also be rust-resistant.
- Pulleys: Your catch, drive, and recovery are dependent on how smooth the pulley works without turning or twisting the band. Buy the one with a good quality band that does not fray quickly.
- Comfort: The seat, footplates, footplate straps, and handlebars determine the comfort level. Padded and cushioned seat and handle bars provide comfort and a good grip. Large footplates with adjustable straps secure the feet thereby providing a hassle-free workout experience.
- Storage: Buy a water rowing machine with two front wheels for easy portability and storage. Getting your hands on a folding water rowing machine would be best.
A water rowing machine is a meditative workout machine that will not only improve your cardiovascular fitness and muscle strength but also help you think and focus. Get a good machine within your budget and reap all of its incredible benefits. Place your order today!
Frequently Asked Questions
Why are water rowers better?
Water rowers are less noisy and meditative. Hence, they are a better alternative to regular rowing machines.
Are water rowers loud?
Most water rowing machines are not loud. They have a soothing water splashing sound that is quiet and meditative.
Can you get a realistic experience of rowing in water with a water rowing machine?
Yes, the best part of using a water rower is its splashing sound that gives you a realistic experience of rowing in the water.
What maintenance does a water rowing machine require?
Water rowing machines need low maintenance. Adding a purification tablet to the water every 3 months is all you have to do.
- 10 Best Rowing Machines Of 2021 – Reviews And Buying Guide
- 9 Best Inexpensive Rowing Machines To Buy Online In 2021
- Top 10 Weight Loss Machines You Should Try Out
- 11 Best Manual Treadmills