To all the lovely folk with wavy hair, who’s been using a regular brush, you gotta stop that! That wavy goodness needs the best wavy hair brush to give it the much-needed TLC. Wavy hair brushes have natural bristles that help reduce and perhaps even prevent your hair from being damaged. Regular hair brushes may not make the cut as they may leave your curls in an unruly mess. Wavy hair does need a bit of maintenance, and if you want to know how, you must check out some of our other articles where we’ve spoken in-depth about wavy hair. Since we are talking about wavy hair and the best brushes for wavy hair, check out our list of the top brushes you can choose from.
What Does A Wave Brush Do
A wave brush can benefit you in the following ways:
- Enhances natural curls
- Reduces frizziness
- Untangles the hair
- Removes dirt and flakes
- Minimizes breakage of hair
- Stimulates oil production in the scalp
Now that you know all about this fantastic tool let’s head towards discovering the 9 best wave hair brushes that you need!
9 Best Waves Hair Brushes
Torino Pro #350 has firmer bristles and true medium texture. It has a protective storage and hairbrush maintenance insert to extend the longevity of the wave brush. It has no nylon bristles, thus keeping hair protection in mind. The wave brush works its way smoothly, no matter which stages your hair is in. The brush offers a better grip, coverage and gives faster results too. Put fewer efforts and get significant progress in less time. The brush provides excellent quality and is one of the best sellers. Treat yourself with the fantastic Torino Pro Wave Hair Brush that will keep your hair far from damage.
- Maximum coverage and faster results
- Has a handle and a pointed tip for better styling control
- 100% boar bristles
- Ideal for creating 360 waves
- Not ideal for long hair
The WavEnforcer wave hairbrush is made up of 100% pure boar bristles and has a wooden handle with a grip. The hairbrush is ideal for low to medium style cuts. Deep and firm bristles are most suitable for thicker hair. The hairbrush improves blood circulation, stimulates the scalp, and promotes healthy hair by the natural oils produced by the scalp.
- Made up of pure boar bristles
- Promotes a healthy-looking waves
- Ideal for thick, coarse and abrasive-hair
- Good grip hence comfortable to handle
- Not ideal for sensitive scalp.
The Diane Medium Wave Brush is made up of 100% natural boar bristles and helps the scalp stimulate natural oils from root to tip. The wooden handle of the brush is of high quality and hence prevents cracking. This brush can withstand heavy-duty daily brushing. The extra firm texture of the brush helps penetrate the roots and avoids scratching of the scalp. It is now possible to try any kind of hairstyle and is the best option for thick hair.
- Ideal for thick hair
- High quality
- Distributes natural oils
- The bristles might fall off.
The Annie Durag Wave Hair Brush for men is made using boar bristles and comes with a sturdy handle that makes it easy to hold and use. The soft brush is ideal for those who have fine and short hair. It is usually used on babies and kids. The broad surface of the brush covers a major portion of the head. It is an ideal wave brush for men and also suitable for a close cut to get waves.
- Ideal for small kids
- Easy to hold
- Distributes oil from roots to hair tips
- Ideal for thin hair
- The brush might be too soft and might break.
The Royalty 710 wave hairbrush is a medium brush for waves and has bristles firmer than regular medium brushes but not as firm as medium-hard. This brush, that is a crowd favorite, may not be suitable for shower brushing. Every brush looks different as they are hand-painted. The royalty wave brush stretches your waves and does not give rise to the sore head.
- Amazing pull
- Prevents hair from curling
- Ideal for coarse hair
- The bristles might fall off easily.
Got extra curly hair but can’t find the right wave brush for yourself? Worry not, because Magic Collection soft wave brush is just what you need for your hair. The brush not only makes the hair smooth but massages the scalp as well. It helps you get rid of dirt and flakes from the hair. The Magic wave curved brush has a soft bristle and is ideal for polishing and layering waves and does not ruin your wave patterns. The wave brush is not irritating to the scalp. Its round body enables superior and smooth handling.
- Good for fine hair
- Very affordable
- Soft bristles
- Not for thick and coarse hair
The new GBS wave detangler offers you with 100% satisfaction with a money-back guarantee. The brush for waves has flexible bristles with an ergogenic handle that makes it easy to hold. The brush runs smoothly on the hair and minimizes the possibility of breakage. The wave hairbrush is kid-friendly and makes hair soft and wavy. These are great for curls and works well on all kinds of hair no matter if it’s dry or wet, it still works smoothly. Remove your knots and tangles pain-free with the unique cone-shaped plastic bristle that helps you untangle your hair without breaking them. GBS also offers a wave brush kit that comprises a shampoo massage brush and a pocket comb making it travel friendly.
- Suitable for all hair types
- Works on wet and dry hair
- Flex bristles
- It may be a bit difficult to switch the attachments out
The GranNaturals hard wave brush is made up of high quality 100% boar and nylon bristles. The hard brush for waves is excellent for wolfing and has a lot of pull. The angled fish shape of the brush allows it to brush the crown of the hair. The hairbrush has a curved wooden frame and curved bristles that make brushing of the hair more manageable. The high-quality brush promises never to disappoint you and offers the best. The GranNaturals wave brush is an excellent investment as it comes with a money-back guarantee if the customer is not happy with the product.
- 100% boar bristles
- Does not shed on brushing
- High quality
- It may not be suitable to use after a fresh cut.
The medium-hard brush is made up of natural beech wood with dampproof oil that prevents the wood from getting corroded. The shape and size of the brush are designed in a way that fits the head and hand perfectly. The hairbrush has the perfect amount of firmness; it is firmer than a soft brush and softer than a hard brush. The brush is ideal for daily use and is strong enough for super thick hair. The long-lasting bristles of the brush make it loved by all and the durability and color choices in the handles is what adds on to the greatness of the product.
- Premium material and ergogenic design
- Great for wolfing
- Better pull
- More coverage
- The bristles are not deep enough to penetrate the scalp.
Here is an easy to choose the right wave brush guide for you!
How To Choose The Best Wave Brush
Like any other tool, you must know what needs to be considered and how to choose the right wave brush for your hair.
Following are the things to keep in mind before purchasing a wave brush:
- Bristles: These can vary based on its length. Bristles can be short to medium, and the kind of bristle you choose should depend on the length of your hair. If you have short and fine hair, then medium-soft bristles can be irritating to your scalp and can be better for those with long and thick hair. You must avoid tough bristles as it can damage your hair.
- Shape: Like the bristles, the shape of the brush also plays an important role when selecting a wave brush. You must opt for a round wave brush to increase the volume of your hair. They also can smooth long hair hence making it more manageable. The broad paddle brush covers most of the hair at once. They are large and flat and can limit versatility in terms of shape. The handle on the brush is optional, but for beginners, it is better to have handles for ease in brushing the hair.
- Design: the vented hair brushes allow air to circulate when the air dryer is used. The air passing through the brush will enable it to create waves and style it well. Some wave brushes are double-sided. This saves the time of switching from one brush to another. There are soft bristles on one side and coarse on the other.
- Material: The wave brushes are those that are made up of boar material which is softer and firmer than regular brushes. Avoid nylon material as it can make the hair frizzy. Goat and horsehair are also some of the good options. The wooden body of the wave hair makes the brush lighter and makes handling easy and does not heat up when using styling tools.
The hair issues are so critical that you group all your other problems on one side and hair related problems on the other. Some face a lot of hair fall, some have frizzy hair, while others struggle to untangle their hair. Sometimes the hair is so challenging to manage that the hairbrush gets stuck inside. But not anymore, as you have now learned a lot about the wave brushes and the purpose it serves to manage hair well. We have a soft brush for waves, medium wave brushes as well as a curved hairbrush for waves, hence catering to everyone’s needs. We hope that the 9 best wave hair brushes suggested above will help you pick your savior tool.
Why Trust StyleCraze?
The author, Vaishnavi Kothuri, is a hair care enthusiast with a passion for trying out and reviewing various hair care products. She conducted thorough research of customer reviews on trusted online platforms to shortlist the best wave hair brushes on the market. The products on this list have natural bristles that maintain the waves in your hair and prevent wavy hair from getting damaged.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to clean a wave brush?
It is super easy to clean a wave brush. All you have to do is remove all the loose hair and dirt from it. Then wet the bristles by pouring water over it and cleaning it with shampoo. Remove all the residues and debris by rubbing that brush and dry it before use.
What is the best wave brush?
Torino wave brush, Magic wave brush, Crown wave brush, and Diane wave brush are some of the best wave brushes known for their excellent quality.
Where to buy a wave brush?
Amazon is the best online shopping site where you get a variety of the products you are looking for. Amazon not only sells its products but also allows customers to give their honest reviews hence making the product more reliable.
- Elegant Hair Brushes For Women
- Hair Brush For Fine And Thinning Hair
- Best Hot Curling Brushes For Short Hair
- Brushes And Combs For Curly Hair
- Best Curly Hair Tools To Help You Get Your Beachy Waves