You might have seen the white eyeliner trend doing the rounds in the makeup world, and for all the right reasons too. Not only do the best white eyeliners help in making your eyes pop, but they also highlight your facial features. Most people don’t leave the house without a dash of eyeliner or mascara to refresh their look. The common choice of color for these products is usually black, which is awesome. But white eyeliner, if used with the right technique, can also make you look fresh and dreamy without even trying.
The best thing about this shade is that it can highlight and make any eye shape look flattering. Whether you have almond, round, hooded, deep set, or small eyes – it can distract from the overnight puffiness under them in a flash. You can also try various styles like winged, fishtail, and smokey eyes by mixing your regular brown and black liner with it. To find the one made for you, take a look at the 15 best white eyeliners listed below that can help you slay any eye makeup. Scroll down!
What Does A White Eyeliner Do For Your Eyes?
Whether you are using it to highlight the inner corners of your eyes or making a bold statement with a graphic eyeliner style, a good white eyeliner opens up your eyes, creating the illusion of larger and wider eyes. It is more effective when it is used on your waterline as it enhances and brightens your eyes. Furthermore, the white shade also helps counteract redness caused due to allergy.
15 Best White Eyeliners For Eyes That Speak Volumes
The first on our list is this best-selling, limited-edition shade eyeliner by stila. The white matte liquid liner is easy to use as it features a marker-like tip that provides precise application and glides smoothly. It also dries quickly and offers long-lasting results. Rest assured, it won’t smudge or run and lasts longer, thanks to its waterproof quality. From a natural makeup look to thick, dramatic ones, it helps you achieve a variety of white eyeliner looks that makes your eyes look brighter and refreshed.
- Waterproof formula
- Glides smoothly without pulling or dragging
- Felt-tip applicator ensures precision
- Dries up faster
- No smudging
- Enables you to create endless eyeliner looks
- Slightly expensive
Are you looking for a sure-shot way of making those droopy eyes pop? The NYX Professional Makeup Mechanical Eye Pencil is your go-to option! Intensely pigmented and super creamy, this white eye pencil glides effortlessly and lasts throughout the day without smudging, even in the most humid conditions. This is a retractable eyeliner that offers precise application and does not need any sharpening – all you need to do is twist up the tube and apply. Lining and defining your eyes couldn’t get any easier than this.
- Easy-to-use twist-up tube
- Retractable pencil
- Doesn’t need to be sharpened
- Pigment-rich color
- Available in 12 other shades
- You may need to use a lot of product
Whether you prefer the traditional cat-eye look or you only want to highlight the inner corners of your eyes, this metallic white gold eyeliner will instantly brighten the look of your eyes. This waterproof formula is highly pigmented, so a little product goes a long way in making your eyes pop. All while ensuring that its creamy texture enables a smooth application. You will be glad to know that it is smudge and transfer-proof and stays put for 24 hours straight.
- Long-lasting for 24 hours
- Highly pigmented
- Easy-glide creamy formula
- Eye brightening liner
- Does not smudge or transfer
- Paraben and cruelty-free
- Available in 21 shades and 3 finishes
- May not be suitable for sensitive eyes
We can’t decide what we love the most about this drugstore white eyeliner. Is it the fact that it is affordable yet offers a high-quality finish? Or is it that it glides on easily for a smooth application? Well, while we take some more time to decide, let us tell you that this mechanical pencil eyeliner is waterproof and lasts for a total of 16 hours without smudging or fading! This rich and creamy formula includes a built-in smudger and sharpener to help you achieve any look you want.
- 16-hour wear
- Smudge-resistant and fade-proof
- Suitable for sensitive eyes
- Available in 6 other shades
- Doubles as an eyeshadow
- No fading
- Some may find it slightly oily
Have you always wanted to try the smokey eye look? But you have small eyes and you are worried this look will only make your eyes appear much smaller? Then Rimmel Soft Kohl Eyeliner is your best bet! One of the best white eyeliner pencils, it glides smoothly over your lids and blends easily (using your fingertips or a cotton bud) to help you achieve the ultimate smokey eye look while also making your eyes look bigger. Plus, it’s easy to apply and offers an intense color pay-off and lasts for 12 hours straight.
- Lasts for 12 hours
- Soft, smudgeable formula
- Pack of 3
It is waterproof, long-lasting, and is not heavy on the wallet – what’s not to love about this white luster eyeliner pencil by Maybelline New York. This is a white hue traditional pencil liner with a hint of shimmer that works well to illuminate your eyes without making it look extravagant. It features a twist-up tip for easy and smooth application. The white shimmer eyeliner offers a high-pigment finish that is smudge-resistant and lasts all of 16 hours.
- Waterproof and smudge-proof
- 16-hour wear
- Glides smoothly
- Brightens eyes
- Shimmer finish
- Available in 4 other luminous shades
- May not work well for lining your waterline
Trust Jane Iredale to come up with an eyeliner pencil that not only accentuates and defines your eyes but also offers conditioning benefits. Formulated with shea butter, macadamia seed oil, and vitamin E, this product moisturizes, soothes, and protects the delicate skin on your eyelids. The tip of the pencil is ultra-soft and creamy that it glides on smoothly without snagging or tugging at your skin. This mineral-based white eyeliner pencil delivers a vibrant and long-lasting finish. Here’s a pro tip: Always use Jane Iredale sharpener to keep the point well-rounded.
- Moisturizes and soothes skin
- Smooth application
- Highly pigmented
- Creamy formula
- Vegan and gluten-free
- Available in 6 other colors
- May not last all day long
More often than not, droopy or hooded eyelids tend to make eyes look tired and sad. But with blinc Longwear Eyeliner Pencil, you don’t have to worry about that anymore. The white-hued pencil is designed to enhance your eyes. Hailed as one of the longest-lasting eyeliner pencils available, this product is super smooth and stays put until you are ready to take it off. This creamy, waterproof formula is enriched with antioxidants and vitamins, which helps firm and condition the skin.
- Helps lift droopy eyes
- Long staying power
- Smudge and fade-proof color
- Sulfate, paraben, and talc-free
- Easy to blend
- Comes in 7 other colors
- May not work well on oily skin
- Slightly expensive
Just one swipe is all it takes to attain intensely pigmented and highly accurate finish with NARS Larger Than Life Longwear Eyeliner. This white gel eyeliner is easy to blend and glides on smoothly and evenly and lasts for upto 12 hours without smearing or caking. It features a sharpenable tip that helps you define your waterline while at the same time, it can be smudged to create a smokey eye look.
- Delivers intense color pay-off
- Offers precise application
- Creamy, blendable formula
- Helps to achieve a variety of looks
- 12-hour wear
- Does not smear
Adorn your eyes and give them a creamy white winged eyeliner style by using the Haus Laboratories Eye-Dentify Gel Pencil Eyeliner. The eye pencil comes with a smooth sharpenable tip for unparalleled definition that you have always craved for. You can line your eyes to get a creamy gel finish with this easy-grip pencil. The pencil could be a perfect bold eyeliner if you are looking for a high-impact white color. Wear this in rain and sun, and it does not wash away nor smudge.
- Bold white liner
- Easy-to-wing pencil tip
- Slightly expensive
From the makers of some of the best skincare and cosmetic products comes this waterproof kohl eyeliner. As the title suggests, this white eyeliner pencil stays forever sharp, thanks to its built-in sharpener integrated into the twist-off cap. Rest assured, this product will always have a pointed tip to deliver ultimate precision every time. Intensely pigmented with a waterproof formula, this automatic, self-sharpening eyeliner yields high coverage that lasts for 12 hours.
- Automatically sharpens every time cap is closed
- 12-hour wear
- Hypoallergenic and fragrance-free
- Ophthalmologist and dermatologist-tested
- Suitable for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers
- The tip may be a little fragile
100% PURE Creamy Long Last Eyeliner is a buttery smooth and ultra-hydrating white pigment that can do wonders to make your eyes look awake and refreshed. With this product, you don’t have to worry about tugging or snagging as the soft tip glides on your eyelids smoothly to accentuate your eyes. Rich in jojoba oil, shea butter, and mango seed oil, this long-lasting eyeliner moisturizes, nourishes, and soothes skin while ensuring flawless application with every use.
- Packed with antioxidants, vitamins, and fatty acids
- Nourishes and firms skin
- Super smooth tip for ease of application
- Vegan and gluten-free
- Cruelty-free and non-toxic
- May smear slightly within a few hours
This deeply pigmented white shade offers plenty of color in just a single swipe, which is more than enough to add definition to your eyes. It is lightweight and soft and allows you to create smooth strokes. This waterproof eyeliner pencil stays put and is long-lasting. Aside from using it as an eyeliner, it also works as an eye shadow pen, highlighter eye pencil, and lip gloss. It features a sharpenable tip, which helps maintain a pointed tip, and comes in packs of 12.
- Waterproof and durable
- Opens up your eyes
- 12 pencils in a pack
- Soothing formula
- Safe and gentle for sensitive eyes
- Waxy texture
One of the best eyeliner pencils ideal for both lid and waterline applications, Sephora Collection Eye Pencil To Go delivers a long-lasting matte finish and offers an ultra-precise application. It features a creamy texture that glides on quickly and smoothly while the pure white pigment creates a striking eye makeup look that opens up your eyes and makes them look more youthful.
- Matte finish
- Ensures gentle and precise application
- A little goes a long way
- Creamy texture
- May not be suitable for sensitive eyes
Last but not least, we have M.A.C Eye Kohl white eyeliner, which is one of the best products available in the market. True to color and long-wearing – don’t you like the sound of that? This Intense White eyeliner features a soft tip that glides on smoothly to deliver a long-lasting matte finish. We love how creamy and pigmented the color is and that it helps define your eyes with just a few strokes.
- Good staying power
- Super intense color
- Silky smooth finish
- Suitable for contact lens wearers
- Can be used on the waterline
These are the best reviewed white liners that you can choose. Now, let’s look at a few things that you will have to consider when buying a white eyeliner.
How To Choose The Best White Eyeliner
While buying a white eyeliner, consider these attributes to help you choose the right white eyeliner.
- Long-lasting: Always choose a white eyeliner that has excellent staying power. Also, ensure that it does not smudge or flake and stays put until you remove it. Some eyeliners last for 12 to 16 hours, while others offer 24-hour wear.
- Application: The skin on our eyelid is extremely delicate, so you must opt for a product that has a smooth tip that does not snag or pull the skin.
- Type: There are 3 different types of white eyeliners available – gel-based, liquid, and pencil eyeliners. Choose a gel liner to get a glossy finish and a liquid liner for better definition. Pencil liners are an ideal choice for quick eye makeup and for those with dry skin. In case you have oily skin, choose liquid liners for a smudge-free finish.
- Color payoff: Get a white eyeliner that is lighter than your water line. For fair skin tones, a pure white line liner will work wonders. A nude liner for deeper skin tones can be a great choice.
- Ingredients: Always choose an eyeliner that is ophthalmologist-tested. Look for products that are free of ingredients like sulfates, parabens, and dyes to keep your eyes healthy. The ones that are vegan and cruelty-free could also be a good choice.
- Consistency: Know your purpose before you get the white eyeliner. If you want a smudged look, choose a cream or kohl eyeliner. In case you want precise lining, get a thin brush liquid liner that gives perfect strokes.
How To Use A White Eyeliner
- Women with small eyes can create a doe-eyed look by using it along their lower waterline.
- Highlight the inner corners of your eyes to make your eyes look wider and bigger.
- Draw a thin line along your top lash line or lower lash line to create a soft eyeliner look.
- Use it as an eyeshadow to brighten your eyes.
- Pair your favorite white eyeliner with a black one if you like to go the 60’s retro way
- If you like to go bold, create a white cat-eye or smudged smokey look.
Benefits Of A White Eye Liner
You might wonder why you would need a white eyeliner when the black one adds magic to your eyes. Here are some benefits of adorning your eyes with the white ones.
- Bigger eyes: Lining your eyes with a white eye liner can make your eyes look bigger. Using them on the lower waterline will make them pop.
- Perfect eyeshadow base: Foundations can act as a good eye shadow base. If you still want the original color of the eye shadow on your eyes, use a white liner pencil as a base and enhance your eyes with the perfect eye shadow.
- Highlighter: A white eyeliner, when smudged, can be a quick-fix highlighter for your eyes. The same can be used to highlight your brow bones and make the brows look thicker.
- Better pout: The simplest way to add a cupid’s bow to your lips and make your pout look better is to line the upper lip with a white liner. You can then use a good lip color and blend it to get kissable lips.
From A-list celebrities to artists in the makeup industry, everyone has been trying out this new trend. Whether you are using a white eyeliner on the waterline, on the top of your eyelids, or for tightlining, a white eyeliner will not disappoint you. White liners have an upper hand in helping you get the perfect edgy cat eye makeup. Check out our list of the 15 best white eyeliners that make your eyes look bigger and more appealing. Have you tried the white eyeliner look yet? How do you like to use it? Pick one today, try them on, and do let us know in the comments below!
Why Trust StyleCraze?
Chaitra Krishnan, the author, loves all things makeup and gives you an insider’s perspective on the best white eyeliners you should have in your makeup collection. She believes that white eyeliner gives a fresh, dreamy look when done perfectly, and it is a great way to spruce up your eye makeup game. She compiled a comprehensive and detailed list of the top products after surveying every product review available online. Her recommendations cover a wide range of formulas including waterproof ones and they come with a thin, precise application tool.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to use eyeliner on your waterline?
Yes, eyeliner is safe to use along the waterline as long as you use the right product. If you are planning to get a white eyeliner for waterline, it should contain ingredients that are safe to use on the waterline.
Does white eyeliner make you look younger?
Yes, white eyeliner can make you look younger when applied on your lower waterline as it creates a doe-eyed look.
What is the best white eyeliner for the waterline?
All the products listed above are some of the best white waterline eyeliners that you will find. But we love 2 products the most. The first one is Wunder2 Super-Stay Liner due to its intensely rich white gold shade that is super creamy and lasts for 24 hours straight. Jane Iredale Eyeliner Pencil is our second most favorite product from the list because of its moisturizing and soothing properties and super creamy texture.
Do white eyeliners make the eyes look bigger?
When you apply a white eyeliner on the water line, the eyes seem to look fuller and bigger.
Can you use the white eyeliner as mascara?
Yes, you can use a white eyeliner as mascara. Pick gel or liquid white eyeliner and use a good mascara brush to have fashionable white lashes.
- Top Best Eyeliners For Sensitive Eyes
- Best Liquid Eyeliners For Women
- Best Gel Eyeliners
- Best Korean Eyeliners To Wing It Up
- Best Long-Lasting Mascaras That Instantly Improve Your Lash Game
- Best Eyeshadow Primers With Reviews