Brown, beige, pink, champagne are common neutral shades that can be spotted on almost everyone’s eyelids. But, the best white eyeshadows are the real game-changers. These are bold, quirky, and fun. It is not commonly found in every vanity because often, people are not aware of how to carry it with their outfits. But with the right strokes and blends, a white eyeshadow will make you stand out in the crowd like never before.
Jamila el Bouch, a celebrity makeup artist with 10 years of experience, says, “A great way to set creamy eyeshadow formula is to use a white eyeshadow or a translucent powder. With this technique your eyeshadow will not budge while wearing it. This is a great way to make a creamy formula long wearing.”
If you worry that white will make you look too bold and loud or too much out there, then you have not found the right shades yet or have not applied them well. To solve this problem, we have listed the 12 best white eyeshadows for you to have an out-of-the-box makeup look. There is also a guideline to help you wear this shade like a pro. Scroll down to find the perfect white to shine on!
In This Article
Top 12 White Eyeshadows of 2023
Now looking like a shimmering snow princess with frosty eyes is no big deal. NYX Professional’s Jumbo Eyeliner Pencil is a triple threat; eyeshadow, eyeliner, and highlighter. It glides on your eyelids, water lines, and inner corners as smooth as butter. This white eyeliner proudly boasts of being cruelty-free and is enriched with a blend of mineral oils and powder. The radiant eye pencil’s creamy formula suits all skin types and the jumbo pencil helps with easy application. Watch this video to know more about the product.
- 3-in-1 use
- Easily blendable
- A creamy formula
- Cruelty-free certified by PETA
- Does not come with a sharpener
This is the only color you need to have for the summer! The formula is a beautiful blend of white and silver cream that sets upon the eyelids beautifully for longer hours. The smooth finish of the luxurious color makes it look creaseless on the eyelid. And you can either use it entirely or smudge it slightly upon a base of a dark-colored eyeshadow for the metallic look. Choose your makeup look for the day according to your mood. The in-built brush comes along for a mess-free application. This video will give you more insights into the product.
- Lasts for up to 24 hours
- Leaves a luminous glow
- A waterproof film stays for long hours
- Comes with a built-in brush
- Too glittery for some people
Break the beauty rule and start a new trend with Julep Creme-to-Powder’s Eyeshadow Stick. A rich color playoff is what this astonishing product offers. The vitamin-enriched eye color keeps the skin hydrated, protects it from damage, and improves the skin quality leaving it looking wrinkle-free. The soft-focus stick also has a spongy blender/smudging tool for the sensitive eyes on the other side for that mattifying look. To make an informed decision before buying, you can check out this video.
- Can be applied without a brush
- Comes with a spongy smudger
- Enriched with vitamin C and E
- High pigmentation
- Blends evenly
- Color sets too fast
It’s time to spice things up with a white on white eyeshadow look. This new collection from Maybelline New York is a set of silky smooth eyeshadow color for your ultra-rich, all-day look. And the extraordinary white shade is the best example of that! The creamy saturated pigments look smooth on the eyelids and don’t crease or fade. The high-quality white cream eyeshadow color does not need any touch-ups as these last for as long as an entire day. So wear it alone or mix and match with other shades, but do it anyway to make a statement.
- Saturated pigments
- Creamy texture
- Doesn’t fade off
- Easily blendable
- Does not give an intense effect
The Almay Shadow Squad Eyeshadow in the shade “unicorn” is an innovative eyeshadow palette with one powder color in four different finishes, namely, satin, metallic, glitter, and matte. This daily wear eyeshadow has a velvety smooth texture that can be applied on the eyelid, crease, and brow bone. These finishes can be applied as is, or can be layered together to create different monochromatic eye looks. It provides a deep color deposit which you can build up or down as per your ensemble.
- Buildable formula
- Long lasting
- Ophthalmologist tested
Going for the ultimate cat-eye look is now cakewalk with Bloody Mary’s White Eyeshadow. The product with its rich pigments blends smoothly onto the eyelid and lasts for long hours. If you want the colors to stay for long hours, apply a cream base first, and then apply the powdery matte white eyeshadow makeup over it. Start by applying a small amount of the product upon the lids and simply keep adding onto it according to the intensity you need for the look.
- Creates a high impact
- The powder is too light
This product is built keeping all the natural and organic ingredients in mind. Certified as 99-100% natural and cruelty-free, the brand discourages animal-cruelty. Lauren Brooke Cosmetiques Natural Creme Eyeshadow’s portfolio of natural ingredients like vitamins and minerals, shea butter, rosehip, and jojoba oil hydrates the skin and softens it. The product with its anti-aging properties keeps your skin revitalized. Use the crème eyeshadows to set your powder eye colors or use it as a highlighter for all-day wear.
- 99.7% certified organic base used
- Gluten and paraben-free
- Cert clean certified
- A non-GMO product
- Biodegradable ingredients used
- Infused with 100% natural vitamins and minerals
- Certified cruelty-free by Leaping Bunny and PETA
- Not suitable for all ages as it’s too shiny
White shimmer and matte black—can there be a better combo of colors for the eyes? Absolutely not! NARS Duo’s Pandora eyeshadow creates looks for every occasion. The pigments are light and sit on the eyelids very easily. The black and white light diffusing eye makeup features natural shimmer and matte finish that blends perfectly on the skin leaving a radiant finish. Give this combination a go and mix and match to create looks that stand out.
- A set with 2 colors
- A sheer natural color
- High on pigmentation
- Transparent pigments avoid heaviness
- Too powdery
You can never go wrong with shimmery pearl eyeshadows. Suited for grand parties and huge gathering, Pure Ziva Eye Color’s white satin shade is what makes the heads turn. The eye color is clean and scientifically proven to be one of the best eye colors for the skin. The reason being, its smooth finish, and creamy texture sets on the skin, making it look like a match made in heaven. You can also use it with other makeup products as a highlighter for the inner and outer corners or the water lines.
- Dermatologically and allergy-tested
- Talc and paraben-free
- Does not come with a brush
Darker eyeshadows are for creating depth, lighter eyeshadows are for a flowy, breezy look. Bele Makeup Italia’s Aqua shade is for the metallic aqua look that makes the eyes look like that of a mermaid’s. The intense texture of the pigmented white eyeshadow releases complete color and leaves the eyelids looking smooth and feeling great. The shade boasts an ultra-shiny but wet appearance and gives the eyes a stylish pop. Manufactured in Italy, the product follows all safety standards and follows the initiative of building a cruelty-free environment. Use it individually or mix it up with another color, watch the eyeshadow rule the look for the day.
- Manufactured in Italy
- Intense texture
- Certified by the Italian supplier
- Comes in less quantity
Graftobian Ultrasilk Matte Eyeshadow is just what a professional needs, a mix of matte and shimmery. This shiny eye color is comfortable on the skin and stays for long hours. Formulated with very little synthetics, this color doesn’t cause any harm to the skin and protects it from the harsh lights and polluted surroundings of a professional set. The matte white eyeshadow finish along with some shimmer enhances the eyes and brings it to life.
- Ideal for professional use
- Manufactured in the U.S
- Leaves a non-reflective finish
- Comfortable on skin
- Slightly shimmery for daily use
A first of its kind liquid eyeshadow, this is used to create glittery looks for a big night out or a huge party. The eyeshadow is known for its versatility and can also be used as a liquid eyeliner. Blend it with a dark color to get a metallic green, blue or red look, or spread it just over a base with light shade; the eyeshadow makes your eyes look great in both. Take some on the wand and glide it over the eyelid, let it set for some time and watch the eyes sparkle away.
- Liquid eyeshadow
- Dons a multi-dimensional sparkle effect
- Formulated to wear over a base eyeshadow
- Comes in a nice packaging
- Takes time to dry
White eyeshadows offer a stark and dramatic look! They make your eyes look brighter, rejuvenated, and more awake! To find the perfect creamy white eyeshadow, you need to know what to look out for. In this buying guide, we will walk you through the points you need to remember while searching for the right shade of white eyeshadow.
What To Consider When Buying White Eyeshadows – Buying Guide
- Formula: White eyeshadow can be worn alone or as a base for contouring darker shades. They are available in different formulas like powder, cream, and pencil. Powder formulas are perfect for light, natural effects while creamy eyeshadows offer vibrancy.
- Waterproof: Always look for a waterproof and sweatproof eyeshadow. Runny eyeshadows may ruin your makeup. Also, waterproof formulas stay for longer hours.
- Budget-friendly: Make sure the white eyeshadow you pick is budget-friendly. You can find quality products at affordable prices as well. A low priced eyeshadow does not always indicate its quality level. Also, do online research and check reviews to find the right kind of white eyeshadow for yourself.
- Blendable: This is a vital point to consider. Choose an eyeshadow that blends easily. You shouldn’t have to work hard to blend the white shades with the rest of your eye makeup.
- Pigmentation: Choose white eyeshadows with high pigmentation and great color payoff. Your eyeshadow can be shimmery, matte, or glossy but it will only be visible if the formula is well-pigmented.
- Chemical-free: Make sure the product is enriched with nourishing ingredients such as glycerin, jojoba oil, and shea butter. Always stay away from harmful ingredients that might put your skin at risk. Look for formulas that are paraben-free, alcohol-free, silicone-free, gluten-free, and phthalate-free. A skin-safe product is highly admirable.
- Brand: Many reputable brands deliver eyeshadows made from quality ingredients. Those eyeshadows are also dermatologically tested which proves their safety. Research well about the brand behind your desired product before you make a purchase.
Sometimes white eyeshadows have more than one use. The points given below, elaborate more on that.
Some Of The Best Ways To Use A White Eyeshadow
Eyeshadow, if used in the right way, can create magic. But, one has to be completely aware of what they are using it for. Some of the best ways to use white eyeshadows are as follows:-
If you use the entire bottle of eyeshadow over the eyelid then it might change your complete look for the day. But sometimes a very little amount brings in a lot of difference. And that little amount can be used in highlighting the brow bone or the water lines. When white eyeshadow is used as a highlighter, it makes the eyes look big, bright, and more appealing.
White eyeshadows can be used all over the face to brighten it up. A very little amount of the small and shimmery granules of the product when applied can make your face sparkle like a star.
White eyeshadows look best when used over another bright-colored eyeshadow. This sprinkles a dash of drama to the look and the eyes start speaking a language of its own. The corner of the eyes is the best place to use it to define it further.
Though, we know the different uses of an eyeshadow, we aren’t sure of what should be done to make the best use of it.
How To Use White Eyeshadow To Get The Best Look?
The entire look depends on how good you are at applying the eyeshadows. It involves a very few simple steps-
- Start with the best brush as the entire application mostly depends on how the brush works well on the eyelids.
- Apply a base eyeshadow of a different color upon the eyelid. You can either go for one color or mix it up using more than one color
- Now add a thin layer of the white shadow over the base color to give it a shimmery, sparkling effect
- Finally, rim the lashes with a dark-colored mascara to add extra drama to the eye makeup
- You can also add the white eyeshadow to highlight your brow bone, the corner of your eyes, or the water line to add some starry effects overall.
Infographic: Unique Ways To Apply White Eyeshadow
If you undermine the power of the white eyeshadow, or do not find it exciting enough like the bright, peppy or glittery ones, you need to hear this out! White eyeshadows are pretty versatile and can make quite a statement. Also, you can sport them in varied ways for different occasions. Check out the infographic below if you are looking for some white eyeshadow looks.
White eyeshadows work like magic in transforming your eyes. You can use this versatile shade as strokes on the different color palettes. However, you need to be careful in picking one. A good-quality white eyeshadow is not chalky but richly pigmented and lasts long. So, invest in one that has a blendable formula. You can use the NYX Professional Jumbo Eyeliner Pencil – White as an eyeliner, eye shadow base, or creamy eyeshadow. If you like to get creative with a matte eyeshadow, try the pigment-rich NARS Duo Eyeshadow – Pandora. The Stila Magnificent Liquid Eyeshadow is a versatile product that can also be used as a shimmer eyeliner. Most often, people ignore the presence of the white eyeshadow in their palette because they shy away or are not aware of how to create looks with the shade. Well, we suggest you try out some looks and witness for yourself the simple yet gorgeous appeal of this shade.
Why Trust StyleCraze?
Srijita De, the author, has a deep interest in makeup and makeup products. After thorough research, she has provided a detailed list of the best white eyeshadows that will help you nail various eye looks. She went through numerous reviews and feedback on multiple forums and brand websites to help you pick the perfect eyeshadow that suits all skin types. The products listed in this article are long-lasting, skin-friendly, and also help smooth out the creases on your eyelids.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where do you apply white eyeshadow?
Eyeshadows are usually applied over an eyelid. White shadows are nothing different. They are also applied to the area beneath the eyebrows.
Can you use white eyeshadow as a setting powder?
White eyeshadows look chalky and streaky. That’s why they can also be used as setting powder or a white eyeshadow primer.
- How To Apply Eyeshadow For Beginners
- Best Eye Makeup Tutorials
- How To Apply Makeup For Brown Eyes
- Best Long-lasting Eyeshadows