13 Best Wireless Meat Thermometers For Smoker – 2021 Guide
Any type of meat, be it chicken, pork, or beef, needs the right temperature to cook from within and give you an enhanced taste. The lifesaver here is the wireless meat thermometer for smokers that gives you an idea of the exact temperature required to cook meat. Like a chef’s tool, meat thermometers are consistent with results and successful in creating mouthwatering dishes that leave you asking for more.
So, for that heavenly experience of meat melting inside your mouth like magic we bring to you a few of the best tested wireless meat thermometers for smokers. Pull up your socks and pick the best one from our well-researched options.
Caution: Store the wireless meat thermometer in a neat, clean, and cold place and far away from any flammable objects to avoid accidents.
In This Article
13 Best Digital Thermometers For Smoker
1. ThermoPro TP20 Wireless Remote Digital Meat Thermometer
Now say goodbye to those complicated meat thermometers for smokers as we make your life easier by bringing to you this wireless digital meat thermometer. A device that guarantees temperature accuracy of ±1.8°F (±1°C) helps you cook the meat to perfection. Programmed to cook a wide range of meat options like ground meat, poultry, beef, pork, fish, and lamb, this device is all set to make your romantic dinners all the more memorable. With Thermo Pro digital thermometer, now you are in for mouth-watering dishes for every single meal.
- Dual probe technology
- Temperature ranging from 32°F to 572°F (0°C to 300°C)
- 4x3A batteries included
- Backlit LCD makes the display screen viewing easier
- 500 ft wireless BlueTooth thermometer
- Both Fahrenheit and Celsius reading
- Timer available for a countdown and count up
- Can be used with BBQ, oven, smoker, grill for meat and other food
- Signal receivers range up to 300 ft away
- Does not have the settings to set the temperature range in advance.
2. MEATER Plus Smart Wireless Meat Thermometer
When was the last time you had some roast chicken which was neither too dry nor too tender, but cooked to perfection? MEATER Plus’ smart wireless food thermometer is all that you need to prepare the juiciest chicken for your friends and family. It is one of the best wireless meat thermometers for smoker with sensors capable of monitoring internal meat temperature up to 212°F and external temperature up to 527°F. It makes cooking faster and is ideal for those unplanned Sunday feasts. So, if you like inviting guests for random barbecue parties, this could be the best catch for you.
- One probe with dual sensors for both internal and external temperature reading
- Advanced estimator algorithm to estimate cooking time in advance
- The device is incorporated with MEATER Link WiFi and MEATER Cloud for you to monitor your dish from your computer.
- A well-rounded guide system included for assistance
- 100% wire-free thermometer for outdoor cooking
- Gives accurate reading
- Only one probe is available which isn’t useful when cooking big meals.
3. Inkbird IBT-4XS Bluetooth Wireless Grill BBQ Thermometer
Tracking the status of that meat cooking in the lawn while sitting in the comforts of the bedroom— can it get any better than that? Inkbird’s IBT-4XS BlueTooth wireless grill thermometer sends signals up to 500 ft from the device, making it easier for people to flexibly move around. The meat thermometer is built in a way that it gives out a “click” sound on being inserted into the meat well. One has to be mindful that only then will the thermometer show appropriate readings of the temperature. Do not forget to tear off the plastic-protect film from the screen before using, to protect it from catching fire.
- Temperature ranges from 32° F ~ 572 ° F for short-time and 32° F~ 482 ° F for longer hours
- Thermometer app with graph function to view temperature change
- 4 probes thermometer— 3 meat probes and 1 ambient probe
- Remote range up to 150 feet/50M in the outdoors
- Compatible with any iPhone or Android mobile phone
- Presetting values get saved when switching off
- High-temperature accuracy of ±2℉/±1℃
- Rotatable LED screen
- Inbuilt 1000mAh Li-Battery which is rechargeable
- Fully recharged battery lasts for almost 40 hours
- Poor LED display
4. ENZOO Wireless Meat Thermometer- Orange
How do we make sure that our food is completely nutritious and free of all the bacteria? Cooking them thoroughly is the most important factor to ensure food safety. ENZOO’s best smoker wireless auto thermometers help you get rid of all the guesswork and take charge of cooking food wonderfully. So, do not fret much as setting this up isn’t too tedious. Just insert the batteries and you are good to go.
- Signal ranges up to 500ft
- Thermometer with 4 probes
- Powered by 4* AAA batteries
- Step-down probe tip thermometer
- 7″ food grade stainless steel probe
- Large LCD backlight and 178° wide view
- Temperature accuracy range 1℃/±1.8℉
- Temperature ranges from 32°F to 716°F (0°C to 380°C)
- Installed count-up and count-down timer along with alarm
- Manual temperature settings
- Measures temperature for 11 varieties of meat
- USDA approved temperature
- The stand can be used as a hanger.
- Sometimes shows inaccurate readings on cleaning
5. Flame Boss 500-WiFi Smoker Controller- Kamado Kit
With all the advanced features, the new smoke controller is unique in its own way. Differently designed, the variable speed blower is used to control the food temperature while cooking. The LCD screen displays cooking graphs of all the cooking sessions and lets you know the status of the food. With the innovative design that is WiFi technology-enabled, the wireless thermometer’s blower units can be regulated from a distance and the food monitored. Reach the desired temperature of your roast chicken and get notified either through a text on your smartphone or an auto alert from the alarm signal. Keep the food warm with the help of temperature regulation and surprise everyone by serving piping hot food even if it was prepared hours ago.
- Alarm setting features
- Supports up to 3 meat probes
- Larger LCD-display with 4 lines
- WiFi controller with blower and grill adapter
- Text alerts on temperature drop or rise
- Auto alert on the food getting cooked
- Compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Home
- Comes with only one meat and one pit probe
6. NutriChef Wireless Digital Thermometer
A perfectly cooked meal is all about the right temperature you have used for the meal. Whether you are cooking for friends, family, or trying something new for yourself, the WiFi smoker thermometer’s sensors are built in a way that they track the progress of your meal and keep you notified through your iOS or Android mobile app. A product with 6 probes, a smart wireless grill kit, and other high-quality accessories, what more do you need for that steak to melt into your mouth? Get your NutriChef wireless digital thermometer for smoker today!
- Comes with 2 probes
- Large electric backlit LCD
- 100ft indoor and 328ft outdoor wireless range
- Comes with cordless grilling kit and accessories
- Probe’s heat withstanding capability up to 482 F
- Stainless steel cable wire’s heat withstanding capability up to 716 F
- Inbuilt smart alarm sending push notifications and sound pocket alarm
- Capacity to hold up to 4 probes
- Upgraded stainless steel probe
- Hassle-free, compact, and convenient
- Reading available in both Celsius and Fahrenheit
- Not compatible with apple watch
7. Bluetooth Meat Thermometer
With Oprol’s BlueTooth meat thermometer, you can use up the cooking time in doing something else as the food would need no monitoring. Just insert the probes, preset the temperature and the timing of the food and you are good to go. The phone synced with the thermometer would keep getting the time to time cooking status. Guess what else does it offer? Probes come with an ABS wrap design so you don’t have to worry about the food and oil stains anymore.
- 6 different color-marked probes
- Probe handle withstands up to 482°F(250°C)
- 57x45mm sized back-lit LCD screen
- Preset temperature for 11 types of meat
- Delivering 1. 8˚F/1˚C temperature accuracy
- Temperature ranges from 33˚F to 572˚F (1˚C to 300˚C)
- BlueTooth reading range: 196 ft outdoor and 100 ft indoor
- Upgraded Teflon core braided with metal withstanding heat up to 716°F
- Heat resistant silicon probe handle
- Real-time push notification update
- Configured smart app available for free
- Cooking levels recommended by USDA
- The wireless range does not go beyond 300 ft.
8. Weber iGrill 2 Thermometer
Thermometers with inbuilt apps are slightly expensive of the lot so they attract customers who are looking for high-end products. Weber iGrill 2 thermometer’s app is installed with features like preset temperatures, temperature monitoring, and a few others. So, cooking a meal for a huge crowd and attending guests all at once becomes much easier now. Whether you are a professional chef or a first-timer, cook perfect meals with Weber iGrill 2 Thermometer. Always keep cleaning the display screen with a lint-free cloth and non-abrasive cleanser for better view.
- Comes with 2 meat probes
- LED temperature display
- Probes can withstand heat up to 716˚F
- Rechargeable battery runs for 200 hours at one go
- Weber iGrill app comes with outstanding features
- Magnetic; Measures -22°F (-30°C) to 572°F (300°C)
- Batteries included
- Can connect up to 4 probes
- App available on App Store and Google Play
- Product isn’t waterproof
- Configured with BlueTooth connectivity
- Extra probes must be bought separately
9. ThermoPro TP21 Digital Wireless BBQ Thermometer
Looking for an “easy-to-use” digital wireless meat thermometer for grilling meat? ThermoPro TP21 offers one of the best wireless barbecue thermometers available in the market. All you have to do is insert the batteries available with the set and you are good to go. With features such as programmed temperature settings, you can insert the stainless steel probe onto your food, set the temperature and alarm, and get busy with other things in the house. What’s more? It’s available at a reasonable price which makes it an even better catch.
- 5” long stainless steel probe
- Temperature range from 8°F to 572°F (-9°C to 300°C)
- Temperature range accuracy ±1.8°F/1°C
- Thermometer signals reach up to 300 ft
- Recommended by USDA
- Temperature can be manually reprogrammed
- Color-coded LCD-display
- Can be used for barbecue, oven, smoker, grill, meat, and other dishes
- The constant blinking on the LCD screen.
10. HAUEA Meat Thermometer
Make cooking the easiest and most relaxing activity with the help of HAUEA’s meat thermometer which is considered as one of the best thermometers for smoker. With its Food Ready alert function, you can now enjoy the evening with your friends while the food is being cooked in the kitchen. The state-of-the-art storage case is made of modern technology and helps you carry the thermometer outside during barbecue nights. Now with the device’s presetting functions for cooking 11 types of meat, post pictures of unique meat dishes on social media and amuse everyone.
- 5V AA battery x2 capacity
- 200 hours of battery life
- Smart alarm for notification
- 6 probes available with each set
- Silicone probe temperature ranges from 1-250℃/33-482℉
- Stainless steel probe temperature ranges from 1-380℃/33-716℉
- Colored ceramic beads temperature ranges 1-1400℃/33-2552℉
- Large back-lit LCD screen displaying food and temperature
- Free app compatible with iOS and Android
- High-quality storage case for safe storage
- Each probe’s temperature reading gets recorded
- Both Celsius and Fahrenheit reading modes available
- Thermometer probes aren’t dishwasher safe.
11. Adrenaline Barbecue Company Maverick BBQ Thermometer
Whether you are a professional chef or a one-time cook, Maverick BBQ thermometer makes life easier for all. XR-50 flaunts of features like easy usage, flexibility, and huge range. This BBQ thermometer with a complete package or accuracy, reliability, and dependability, is your go-to thermometer set. Get this wireless barbecue thermometer if you want an all-in-one solution for your kitchen experiments.
- 4 probes
- Signal ranges up to 500 ft
- Alarm settings within 14-574 °F (10-300° C)
- Large display with backlight
- All probes are waterproof
- Probes are fragile and if not handled carefully might lead to breakage.
12. Wireless Grill Thermometer
What’s the most attractive feature of this wireless digital thermometer for smoker? It boasts the BlueTooth 5.0 technology which makes your cooking experience even more cutting edge. The real-time temperature sent on your already synced smartphone keeps you notified on the cooking status. Get prepared for all those fun new year barbecue night parties with the Wireless Grill Thermometer.
- 100-196 ft BlueTooth range
- 4 stainless steel probes with 2 clips
- Probe temperature ranges from 32-572°F
- 100% safe for the oven/grill/smoker.
- Preset temperature available for 5 levels of meat and 7 kinds of food
- The aluminum handle withstands heat up to 752°F with 99% precision.
- Preset temperature recommended by USDA
- Easy-to-use thermometer and app
- Compatible with iPhone
- The instruction manual does not direct well.
13. Maverick ET-733 Long Range Wireless Meat Thermometer Set
Maverick wireless remote cooking thermometer claims to cook more than 10 kinds of meat. What can be more exciting than that? One of the most sought-after accessories, this one comes with 15 preset temperature options; 6 for meat and 9 for game meat. Beef, veal, lamb, pork, chicken, turkey, deer, elk, moose, buffalo, rabbit, boar, duck, bird, or fish, Maverick’s meat thermometer sorts your meat preparation for all. Get your wireless cooking thermometer and treat your friends with mouth-watering dinner today.
- Large backlit screen
- 3 ft long probe wires
- Operates on 4 AAA batteries
- Probes rated for 716-degree Fahrenheit
- Temperature monitoring from 300 ft away
- Monitors 2 temperatures at once
- Wireless receiver with LCD beeps to indicate danger
- Comes with a single probe
A Few Tips On Choosing The Best Wireless Meat Thermometer For Smokers
- Signal Range
The higher the signal range the better it is for the device. App-based devices usually have a signal range of about 100 ft. inside whereas, thermometer or receiver-based ones come with longer signal ranges i.e. 300 to 500 ft. It works in favor of the devices in both cases.
- Preset Option-Models
To keep your options open, use models with a large number of preset options. With more preset cooking levels, tenderizing meat becomes much easier. Some models also come with recommendations via USDA that determine the health standards based on the level of presets, making the process much simpler for the users.
- Battery Life
Go for products with higher battery life. The battery pack must last you an average of 2000-3000 cooking sessions. With higher durability, it must be easily rechargeable or replaceable.
- App-based Devices
There are both advantages and disadvantages of an app-based or BlueTooth wireless meat thermometer. Though you can control the temperature of the device without having to move much, the app-based models often have a high ratio of hindered signals.
Product reviews are often helpful in knowing more in detail about the product. Good, bad, or ugly, every aspect of the wireless temperature gauges are being reviewed by the users giving a clear picture of what the product is all about.
A Few Factors to Consider While Buying a Wireless Meat Thermometer For Smokers
- Accuracy of the temperature reading
The device needs to be accurate in reading the food temperature. Plus/minus 1 degree is the standard reading for most thermometers while purchasing. It is advisable to check the reading once to ensure proper cooking.
- Range of temperature capabilities
A very important factor is the temperature withstanding capability of the device. Most devices range from 32 ℉ to 572 ℉. Always opt for the ones with a higher heat withstanding capacity as the ones with weaker heat thresholds are likely to get damaged soon.
- Multi-probe capabilities
A common saying “the more, the merrier” holds completely true in the case of probes. Thermometers that can support more probes at one go are more useful while cooking in large quantities.
How to set up the wireless thermometer?
Every wireless oven meat thermometer comes with its own set of rules. First-time users might find it quite difficult to set it up at one go. Here are a few simple steps.
- Switch on the thermometer and install the app to monitor it.
- Turn on your smartphone’s BlueTooth or WiFi to track the device.
- Launch the thermometer app and start receiving notifications of the progress.
The manual available inside the package will guide you with more information.
A few safety guidelines must be followed for the safety and security of the users. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Do not immerse the probe in water.
- Keep the transmitter away from any source of heat.
- Do not go higher than the maximum temperature rating of the product.
- Store your probe carefully away from any source of energy.
How is a Bluetooth Device different from a WiFi Device?
There are two different ways to access the meat thermometer without having to move around in the house – through BlueTooth or WiFi. Both have their own set of advantages and disadvantages. The comparison given below will give you an idea of which one suits your interests the best.
- 4 GHz to 2.485 GHz operating range
- Signals get distorted easily.
- Most BlueTooth ranges do not go further than a few feet.
- Operating range: 2.4 GHz to 5 GHz
- Directly connected to the internet
- Can be tracked from anywhere in the world
- Cloud can be accessed for data storage
Meat thermometers are a blessing to mankind as they keep a check on your food safety. Not only does it cook your food to a limit where it is safely consumable, but it also lets you take the call on how dry or tender you want your meat. Now roast your chicken, pan-fry steaks, or pork chops safely with the best wireless meat thermometer for smoker. Get yourself a BlueTooth or WiFi-enabled meat thermometer today!
Expert’s Answers for Readers Questions
How to use a wireless meat thermometer for smoker?
The basic guideline is to install the batteries, connect the probes to the transmitter, insert the probes inside the food, and make sure the transmitter is far away from any flammable object. Other than that, every thermometer set comes with a manual that has specific guidelines for each product that helps first-time users operate the gadget.
Are smoker thermometers accurate?
High-quality thermometers are designed to be as accurate as possible. But meat thermometers are used in extreme conditions all the time which results in a lot of wear and tear, further reducing their shelf life. This often affects the accuracy meter of the gadget. Simple tests must be done regularly at home to check if the thermometer is working fine.
Can you put a meat thermometer in a smoker?
A meat thermometer can be installed inside a smoker. Though, to get the best reading put the thermometer on the upper part of the smoker.
Can I leave the thermometer in the meat while cooking?
Most thermometers are oven safe and can be left in meat while cooking. It is advisable to check the safety instruction to know the features of your thermometer.
When should you insert a meat thermometer?
The meat thermometer is usually inserted towards the end of the cooking but slightly before the food is cooked completely to check the right temperature.
How do I know my thermometer is working?
To check the accuracy of your thermometer, try testing it on a bowl of ice water. If the reading is less than or equal to 0-degree celsius then you can consider the thermometer to be in its perfect condition.
At what temperature does meat stop absorbing smoke?
There is no specific time or temperature for a piece of meat to stop absorbing smoke. It continues to take smoke as long as it is exposed to smoke.