13 Best Wrist Wraps To Support Your Lifting Routine – 2023
Protect your wrists from the wear and tear of high-intensity weight training sessions.
If you have been looking for the best wrist wraps, we have exactly what you need. Fitness enthusiasts will stop at nothing to make sure they reach their goals. Their high-intensity workouts go to a new level that ordinary people can’t reach. But all that comes with a price, and sometimes doing these can inflict a sprain on you. To match up with the strenuous routines that include heavy sets, squats and lifting, here are some of the best wraps that will keep you safe while you indulge in your activities.
In This Article
What Do Wrist Wraps Do?
- It gives you a sturdy and convenient grip while lifting.
- A wrist wrap eases out pre-existing wrist injuries and restores strength.
- It keeps your wrist stable, protecting it from strains and injuries.
- It also elevates your stamina, helping you push forward by lowering fatigue.
Amp Up Your Weightlifting With The 13 Best Wrist Wraps Of 2023
1. Best Non-Slip Support:Dr. Arthritis Copper Wrist Brace
Who doesn’t love a good wrist wrap that gives a convenient grip! Here is the neoprene copper-lined wrist support developed by medical experts to protect you from injuries. It gives an immediate and soothing relief from the aching symptoms of arthritis, tendonitis, ganglion cysts, carpal tunnel, and wrist sprain. The best part about this wrist wrap is that it is weightless and super comfortable. This serves as a perfect gym partner during overhead press and squats.
- Non-slip support
- Universally sized
- Eases out wrist strains
- Suitable for daily usage
- Ideal for golf, yoga, and tennis
- Includes an exclusive handbook by doctors
- The velcro strap edges might be slightly sharp.
2. Best For Flexibility:Rip Toned Wrist Wrap
Are you obsessed with powerlifting? Well, say hello to this high-performance gym wrist wrap by Rip Toned. Made of cotton, these lifting straps are soft and secure. The neoprene padding protects your skin against rashes and irritation. Plus, these straps are endorsed by legendary powerlifters like Kevin Weiss, sports coaches, and other gym trainers. As it gives a sturdy grip, you can focus on your posture to realize maximum gains during deadlifts without injuring the wrists.
- Excellent grip
- Reduces wrist sprains
- Gives flexibility to wrists
- Fully adjustable velcro straps
- Suitable for a machine-wash
- Might be slightly stiff
3. Best For Relief From Arthritic Pain:Sparthos Wrist Support Sleeves
We are sure many of you would agree that wrist wraps are worth all the hype as they ensure wrist stability, lowering chances of wrist damage! Check out this bodybuilding wrist wrap by Sparthos which provides an efficient compression and blood circulation while working out. Made from nylon and spandex, these support sleeves are just like a second skin— comfy and soothing. It relieves you from the carpal tunnel syndrome, ensuring the mobility that you need during exercises. Plus, these straps are easy to put on and take off!
- Breathable sleeves
- Minimizes discomfort and numbness
- Facilitates flexible and versatile movement
- Provides relief from Arthritis and fibromyalgia
- Compression technology to reduce tendon tensions
- Might not be as stretchable
4. Best Sturdy:Grip Power Pads Weightlifting Wrist Wrap
Want to have safe and secure wrists while you’re doing some intense dumbbell lifting? You may want to try these top-rated wrist wraps by Grip Power Pads. Designed by texture experts, the pair is crafted with cotton canvas and neoprene lining to ensure comfort and breathability. Moreover, the silicone patterned strap not only gives it a neat and stylish finish but also improves traction for a compressed grip. With the high-performance solid steel hooks, you can totally stop worrying about the wear and tear!
- Sturdy material
- Non-slippery coating
- 600 pound pull rating
- Rubber pull-offs for easy handling
- Suitable for bodybuilding and powerlifting
- Might not be durable during heavier lifts
5. Best For Grip:Mava Sports Workout Gloves
Amplify and enhance your workout sessions with these power-packed wrist wraps with thumb loops by Mava Sports. They act as extra tendons, protecting you from worse wrist conditions such as carpal tunnel, tendonitis, and spasms. These wrist wraps cover the thumb and the entire palm, avoiding chances of blisters and callus tears. Plus, the anatomically designed silicone pads provide a stronger grip during deadlifts, snatches, and bench press. If you are still unsure about purchasing, you can check out a review of this product on YouTube.
- Lightweight design
- Thick and comfortable
- Flexible and adjustable
- Provide good ventilation
- Hooks and loops for easy handling
- Might not fit smaller hands
6. Best For Daily Use:HiRui Workout Wrist Wrap
Lift your spirits with these athletic wrist wraps by HiRui by facilitating gentle and stable compression to your wrists. The adjustable cuffs fit into the unique size of your wrist, ensuring a steady grip during deadlifts, squatting, athletics, and tennis. Made of neoprene, it is highly durable and keeps your palm warm without much sweat. Also, it provides an efficient support to the wrists by reducing excessive motion.
- Easy to use
- Ideal for daily use
- Minimizes pain and discomfort
- Might not be ideal for push-ups
7. Best Breathable:FENGJIDA Crossfit Wrist Wrap
Do you prefer crossfit wrist wraps during your high-intensity training sessions? If yes, this workout wrist wrap by FENGJIDA might be the right one for you! It effectively absorbs sweat, stabilizes wrist area, and gives flexible support. The fully adjustable strap along with the ergonomic design makes it universally sized, benefiting all in terms of usage and comfort. The compression that it provides helps you get immediate relief from carpal tunnel, soreness, and stiffness.
- Soft texture
- Breathable fabric
- Decreases discomfort
- Sweat and moisture-resistant
- Can be worn during nights too
- Might not correct swollen wrists
8. Best For Powerlifting:JerkFit WODies Lifting Wrist Wrap
When you need one of the best powerlifting wrist wraps to gain maximum focus and grip during the gym sessions, you can count on this JerkFit heavy duty wrist wrap. These WODies gloves provide fullest support to wrists even during toughest lifts such as barbells. This top-quality wrist wraps ensures a natural glide to provide stronger traction and absorbs friction efficiently. Moreover, it reduces risks of injuries, strains, and forearm fatigue. You can check out this YouTuber’s review of the product if you require more convincing.
- Easy handling
- Elastic and flexible
- Absorbs sweat and moisture
- Effective during bodybuilding, powerlifting and cross fitness
- Slightly expensive
- Might not be suitable for smaller hands
9. Best For Wrist Injury Protection:WOD Wear Elastic Wrist Wrap
Looking for that weight training wrist wrap to get some relief from strains and spasms? Well, here are elastic gloves by WOD Wear that offer exactly the desired results. This stylish wrist wrap comes with adjustable velcro straps to alter tightness and grip during workouts. What we love the most is that it comes in double layers— soft cotton and reinforced stitching. It turns out to be an excellent alternative to athletic tapes during push press, snatch press, front squat, and much more.
- Easy to wash
- One size fits all
- Protection against wrist injuries
- Useful to powerlifters, breakdancers, and gymnasts
- Might not be ideal for correcting carpal tunnel
10. Best For High-Intensity Workouts:ROGUE Fitness Wrist Wrap
Want to strengthen and protect your wrist during an overhead press? If that’s what you want, you may want to try out this weight training wrist wrap by ROGUE. As this wrist wrap is made with cotton, durable polyester material, and elastic, it gives you a soft and comfortable finish. It facilitates steady grip during high-intensity workouts such as dumbbell lifts, barbells, and kettlebell snatch. If you want to find out more about this product and its usage, make sure to check out this review on YouTube.
- Features a thumb loop
- Breathable fabrics
- Secure and comfortable
- The velcros might be slightly flimsy.
11. Best Against Tendonitis:Iron Infidel Weightlifting Wrist Wrap
Don’t miss out on one of the coolest wrist wraps by Iron Infidel which comes with multiple gym benefits. These wraps come with extra stiff padding, making them fully adjustable as per requirements. With these bodybuilding wrist wraps, pullups, deadlifts, bench press, pushups, and squats become significantly easier and effortless. It helps you achieve wrist neutrality, keeping any injuries or damage at minimum.
- Easy to maintain
- Prevent tendonitis
- Lower forearm fatigue
- Extensive wrist support
- Increase rigidity of muscles
- Provide more focus and strength
- Not ambidextrous
12. Best Unisex:PULLUP & DIP Professional Wrist Wrap
Worried about wrist pain or injuries? Well, not anymore with this heavy duty wrist wrap by PULLUP & DIP. These professional lifting straps give you a gradual relief from painful wrist conditions such as blisters, callus tears, and tendonitis. They ensure that your wrists are neutral and not over-stimulated during bench press, calisthenics, bodybuilding, strength training, and gymnastics. It comes with strong velcro and seams, ensuring increased durability.
- Provide stable wrist support
- Breathable nylon material
- Helps you lift more weight
- Left-right markings for easy usage
- Might not be long-lasting
13. Best Lightweight:Nike Pro Wrist Wrap 2.0
Bid goodbye to wrist spasms and say hello to power-packed gym sessions with this Nike Pro wrist wrap! This cotton and elastic wrist wrap gives you a comfortable work-out time as it keeps sweat and moisture at bay. Any wrist complications such as carpal tunnel, strains, blisters, or tendonitis can be relieved with regular and consistent usage of this wrist wrap.
- Easy to carry
- One size fits all
- Easy to maintain
- Stretchy material for flexibility
- The thumb loop might be slightly uncomfortable.
Now that you’ve taken a look at the 13 best wrist wraps of 2023, learn more about selecting the right one with the help of our buying guide.
What To Look In A Wrist Wrap?
Most wrist wraps are either made of cotton or polyester blend. The former is soft and comfortable to wear. It also keeps you away from rashes, acne, or skin irritation. The latter is durable and instantly absorbs sweat and moisture. Both require frequent cleaning for maintenance. Hence, go for wrist wraps which are machine-washable.
Durability and longevity are 2 things which you need to look for before buying a wrist wrap. Double-layered wrist wraps can be an advantage as they can withstand wear and tear even during toughest deadlifts. Those with thumb loops can be beneficial too as they ensure a secure and convenient grip strength.
? Easy handling
Your wrist wraps must be easy to carry, handle, and use. Velcro straps are the most efficient option as it can be worn with just one hand. Elastic wraps are an advantage as they provide ample compression to protect your wrist joints.
Now that you know how to buy the right wrist wraps for your hands for an efficient workout, here’s a segment on how to use them the right way.
How To Use Wrist Wraps Properly
- Step 1:Most wrist wraps have a thumb loop. Unroll and cover your thumb entirely.
- Step 2:The thumb loop must be in line with the centre of your wrist.
- Step 3: Then, wrap it around your wrist, covering the way through your palm.
- Step 4: Adjust tightness according to your hand size and requirements.
- Step 5: The wrist wrap should be sturdy but not too tight enough to hurt.
If you’re looking for wrist wraps that help you with your workouts, it is crucial that you know about the safety precautions to take when you’re using them. Here’s a little about that.
Safety Tips While Using Wrist Wraps
- Do a quick warm-up without wrist wraps for wrist flexibility and muscle strength enhancement.
- Avoid tying the wrist wraps very low. It should cover your wrist joints entirely to provide stable support.
- Don’t wear it too tight. It should provide adequate compression but shouldn’t restrict the blood circulation or cause rashes.
Wrist wraps offer a comfortable grip that might help in protecting your hands in case of injuries and strains. Wrist wraps can conveniently help you lower fatigue and aching symptoms, including arthritis, tendonitis or painful wrist sprains. Some wrist wrap companies also provide good handbooks by doctors which can help you correctly use the wraps without any pain. These wraps provide flexibility to the wrists while efficiently maintaining the blood circulation in your wrists. They ensure good mobility while you engage in your regular exercises, and the compression technology in these wraps also reduces tendon tensions. However, steer clear of the ones that do not help in minimizing numbness or discomfort.
Why Trust StyleCraze?
Shreya Vishwanathan, the author, is a health and fitness enthusiast who loves creating informative content for her readers. The above list of the best wrist wraps is based on the author’s extensive research and an analysis of the customer reviews available on trusted online forums. These non-slip wrist wraps give you a sturdy grip while lifting and protect your wrists from strains and injuries.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do wrist wraps help wrist pain?
Yes, wrist wraps provide compression and support to wrist joints. They keep wrists neutral during workouts, avoiding overstimulation or excessive motion.
How often should you wear wrist wraps?
Wrist wraps shouldn’t be worn all the time. It is advisable that you wear a wrist wrap only during tough muscle movements such as barbell lifting, overhead press, or front squats.
Are wrist wraps good for lifting?
Yes, weightlifters are recommended to wear a wrist wrap for additional wrist support and grip. It also helps in restoring strength for a longer time during deadlifts by reducing forearm fatigue.
When should I use wrist wraps?
You should use wrist wraps when lifting a large load while powerlifting, bench press, or overhead press.
Can wrist wraps hurt your wrist?
Yes, wearing a wrist wrap for a long time may feel restrictive and cut off blood circulation if it is too tight.
What is the difference between wrist wraps and straps?
Wrist straps or lifting straps are looped around the wrist and strapped around the barbell before lifting, while wrist wraps are wrapped just around the wrist.
Are wrist wraps cheating on the bench?
Yes, using wrist wraps during a competition is often considered cheating.
Are wrist wraps worth it?
Yes, wrist wraps help you lift weights and keep your wrists neutral while lifting. They are also easy to use.
How tight should wrist wraps be?
Wraps should fit snugly but not too tight to cut off circulation.
Do wrist wraps help you lift more?
Yes, wrist wraps support your wrists and help lift more weights easily.
Best Lifting Straps – Reviews And Buying Guide
Best Ankle Weights To Boost Athletic Performance
Best Home Gym Equipment To Get In Shape – Top Picks
Best Kettlebells For Home Workouts – Reviews
Best Home Gym Equipment To Get In Shape – Top Picks