Want a younger looking skin but you can’t afford all those expensive cosmetic treatments? Well, don’t fret! Read this post and find out how yoga (yes Yoga) can help you tighten the loose body skin.
Listed here are some simple poses of yoga for skin tightening that will have you look younger with regular practice.
1. Downward Dog Pose Or Adho Mukha Svanasana:
The most basic and widely-known yoga pose, the Adho Mukha Svanasana offers an array of health benefits and is worth adding to your daily fitness routine. From fighting fatigue and back stiffness to helping tighten sagging belly, this foundational pose is beneficial for many reasons.
How To Do The Asana:
- Begin by getting down on your hands and knees.
- Bend forward and place your palms beneath your shoulders with palms flat on the floor. Your back should be flattened.
- Raise your feet on the toes.
- Now proceed to lift your hips upwards.
- You need to make an inverted V with your chest facing the knees and your hands straight as you lift your hips.
- Hold the pose for 15-20 seconds as you breathe deeply.
- Repeat the movement thrice before you proceed to the next pose (1).
[ Read: Yoga Poses To Stay Fit ]
2. Cobra Pose Or Bhujangasana:
Another great pose in yoga to tighten loose skin, the cobra pose also helps you get rid of that cumbersome kidney stone pain and strengthens your spine.
How To Do The Asana:
- Lie straight with your chest facing the floor.
- Ensure that your legs remain on the ground.
- Now proceed to lift your torso and arch your back towards your toes.
- Continue with the pose until you begin to feel a light stretch.
- Hold the pose for around 20-25 seconds.
- Get back to the starting position gently. A jerk can lead to pain and nasty injuries (2).
3. Upward Facing Dog Pose Or Urdhvamukhasvanasana:
The upward facing dog is a reverse of downward dog pose. It targets your abs, back and legs. So, you can also use this pose to get rid of cellulite on your thighs.
How To Perform The Asana:
- Begin by lying down on your stomach.
- Your chin should touch the floor, and your feet hip-width apart.
- Point your toes on the ground so that your heels are off the ground
- Keep your palms beneath your shoulders.
- Extend your arms upward and look up.
- Arch your back until you feel a stretch in your back.
- Lift your body weight off the thigh, and hold yourself using your toes and hands.
- Hold the pose for 20 seconds
- Repeat the pose thrice while breathing deeply (3).
4. Plank Pose:
This is not a regular yoga pose. It originates from the plank exercise and has benefits like helping strengthen the spine and re-energize the body.
How To Do The Asana:
- Begin with the push up position. (i.e. get down on your hands and knees)
- Straighten your legs and tighten the abdomen.
- Tense your thigh and posterior muscles and gaze forward.
- Hold the pose for around 25-30 seconds.
Check out this video on how to perform the Plank Pose.
5. Facial Yoga To Tone Up Facial Skin:
While these asanas can help you tone your sagging belly and other parts of the body, what about the wrinkles on your face? Try these poses in yoga for tight face. This workout regimen can help your facial muscles get stronger by regular exercise, which helps improve blood circulation.
[ Read: Yoga Asanas To Reduce Belly Fat ]
This facial yoga routine helps relax and tone the skin around your eyes. Check out how to perform palming here.
- The Great Rub:
The Great Rub is one technique that helps increase blood circulation in your facial muscles. Check out how to perform the great rub and other facial yoga poses here. So, try these effective poses of yoga for skin tightening and look younger today. Tell us about your experience with yoga for tightening your skin below. Our readers would love to hear from you.
- 10 Simple Ways To Tighten Your Neck Skin
- 4 Simple Tips To Tighten Your Skin Post Weight Loss
- Best Skin Tightening Creams Available In India – Our Top 10
- 10 Effective Home Remedies For Skin Tightening
- 5 Homemade Skin Tightening Masks You Should Definitely Try
Latest posts by Ameya C (see all)
- 8 Facts About Washing Hands That You Don’t Want To Ignore - February 23, 2016
- 5 Amazing Benefits Of Castor Oil Bath - June 12, 2015
- Top 9 Foam Rollers For Runners - June 8, 2015
- 6 Amazing Benefits Of Elemi Essential Oil - May 6, 2015
- What Is Reverse Prayer Yoga And What Are Its Benefits? - May 5, 2015