If you care about your skin’s health, sunscreen needs to be an essential part of your skin care regimen. But why are we specifically talking about zinc oxide sunscreens, you ask? This is because you can tell if a sunscreen is good and effective if it contains zinc oxide. Zinc oxide is found in the sunscreens that are recommended by dermatologists because they don’t contain oxybenzone (a harmful chemical), which is very common in most other sunscreens. We have rounded up the best zinc oxide sunscreen lotions available on the market right now. Let’s take a look!
Top 10 Zinc Oxide Sunscreens Of 2018
- La Roche-Posay Anthelios Ultra-Light Mineral Sunscreen SPF 50
- Neutrogena Pure & Free Baby Sunscreen
- TIZO 3 Age Defying Fusion Facial Mineral Sunscreen SPF 40
- MDSolarSciences Mineral Crème Broad Spectrum SPF 50 UVA-UVB Sunscreen
- Elizabeth Arden Prevage City Smart Broad Spectrum SPF 50 Hydrating Shield
- SkinCeuticals Physical Eye UV Defense Sunscreen
- MAKE Cosmetics SPF 30 Face Primer
- Badger Zinc Oxide Sunscreen Cream
- EltaMD UV Aero Broad-Spectrum SPF 45 Sunscreen
- Cerave Sunscreen Face Lotion
Top 10 Zinc Oxide Sunscreens Of 2018
1. La Roche-Posay Anthelios Ultra-Light Mineral Sunscreen SPF 50
The Ultra Light sunscreen from La Roche Posay is a 100% mineral-based formula that filters UV rays and protects your skin from the sun. It has a beautiful fluid texture that gives you a matte finish without leaving a white layer on the top of your skin. It is gentle and perfect for sensitive skin. The zinc oxide, titanium dioxide, and antioxidants in this formula are mixed using Cell-Ox Shield® technology that protects you from both UVA and UVB rays.
- Gentle on the skin
- Does not leave behind a residue
- Suitable for sensitive skin
2. Neutrogena Pure & Free Baby Sunscreen
Neutrogena Pure & Free Baby Sunscreen is a naturally sourced and mineral-based sunscreen. Since it’s formulated for babies, it is perfect for anyone with ultra-sensitive skin. If you suffer from redness, inflammation, or rosacea, this is the perfect sunscreen for you.
- Extremely light and gentle
[ Read: 25 Best Sunscreens For All Skin Types ]
3. TIZO 3 Age Defying Fusion Facial Mineral Sunscreen SPF 40
If you think of sunscreen as this boring, white, thick paste you have to deal with, we have something that will prove you wrong. This TIZO 3 sunscreen with SPF 40 protection is a faintly tinted cosmetic lotion that protects you from harmful sun rays while being the subtle underdog beneath your primer. It is chemical- and fragrance-free.
- Recommended by dermatologists
- Anti-aging effects
4. MDSolarSciences Mineral Crème Broad Spectrum SPF 50 UVA-UVB Sunscreen
MDSolarSciences Mineral Creme Broad Spectrum Sunscreen was developed by melanoma and skin cancer experts and is uniquely loaded with antioxidants, vitamin C, green tea, and fruits extracts. It is an oil-free and light formula that almost disappears into your skin without clogging your pores.
- Makes your skin feel soft and silky
- Easily absorbed into the skin
- Does not cause breakouts
- Can dry out your skin and make it flaky
5. Elizabeth Arden Prevage City Smart Broad Spectrum SPF 50 Hydrating Shield
For the longest time, the idea of sunscreen has been reduced to a thick paste that we need for sun protection. However, this one from Elizabeth Arden stands out because it brings together an anti-pollution shield technology and a DNA Enzyme complex that battle the effects of aging and stimulate your skin’s natural repair process.
- Anti-pollution shield technology
- Protects from free radicals
6. SkinCeuticals Physical Eye UV Defense Sunscreen
The SkinCeuticals Physical Eye UV Defense Sunscreen is ophthalmologist-tested and targets the area around your eyes that most sunscreens don’t focus on. It is light on the skin and does not spread or get into your eyes due to its waterless formula.
- Does not cause irritate your eyes
- Evens out your skin tone
- Specifically focuses on the skin around the eyes, unlike most sunscreens
- A little greasy
7. MAKE Cosmetics SPF 30 Face Primer
The MAKE Cosmetics SPF 30 Face Primer doubles up as a sunscreen, evens out your skin tone, and works as a spot corrector. It not only protects your skin from UV rays but also repairs sun damage, smoothens out wrinkles and fine lines, and offers a velvety finish.
- Protects from sun damage
- Evens out skin tone
- Slightly expensive
8. Badger Zinc Oxide Sunscreen Cream
This is a natural and straightforward sunscreen with just five ingredients and no added fragrances or colors. It is a hypoallergenic formula that suits all skin types. It is water-resistant and soothing because it contains vitamin E. It is made with 98% organic ingredients and is gentle on your skin.
- No added colors and fragrances
- Leaves a white film on the skin’s surface
[ Read: Sunscreen vs Sunblock: Differences ]
9. EltaMD UV Aero Broad-Spectrum SPF 45 Sunscreen
EltaMD UV Aero Sunscreen is the perfect companion to take with you on holiday. It comes in a spray bottle, which makes for easy application. It is useful for those hard-to-reach spots and is water-resistant too. If you are a sucker for spray sunscreen, you should go for this one.
- Fragrance-, oil-, and paraben-free
- The spray bottle is effective only for a few uses.
10. Cerave Sunscreen Face Lotion
Cerave Sunscreen Face Lotion is formulated using InvisibleZinc Technology that makes it spread easily and gives you a clear finish. It is a physical sunscreen, which means it deflects the sun’s rays. Unlike most sunscreens, it does not clog your pores.
- Thick consistency
- Leaves a white residue behind
If you think you need to apply sunscreen only when you go to the beach or the pool, you’ve got it all wrong. You need to apply sunscreen every single time you step out, and this is a non-negotiable. Do you use sunscreen every day? Have you heard about zinc oxide sunscreen before or is it new to you? Let us know by leaving a message in the comments section below.
- 10 Best Lakme Sunscreens
- 8 Best Spray Sunscreens
- 10 Best Sunscreen Lotions For Oily Skin
- Top 10 Sunscreens For Dry Skin
- 6 Side Effects Of Using Sunscreen
Latest posts by Pratima Ati (see all)
- Here’s How You Style Cropped Pants With Boots - May 30, 2019
- 11 Ways To Wear Polka Dots - April 30, 2019
- 20 Cute Outfits That Will Up Your Tomboy Game - April 29, 2019
- The Subtle Art Of Nailing The Classy Dressing Style - April 17, 2019
- 20 Best Reception Dress For Indian Brides - April 17, 2019