15 Best Cellulite Creams For Smooth & Firm Skin – 2023
Bid goodbye to the accumulated fat on your body parts and achieve toned skin.
Cellulite is the accumulated fat beneath the skin. Research says that 80 to 90 percent of people experience cellulite. The best anti-cellulite creams help to minimize the appearance of cellulitis. These creams help to tighten your skin and provide smooth textured skin.
Cellulite is annoying and unavoidable too. They usually appear on thighs, buttocks, stomach, and hips. So, if you are interested in toning your skin, we bring you a list of the 15 best anti-cellulite creams for firm-looking skin. Check them out below!
In This Article
Does An Anti-Cellulite Cream Really Work?
First of all – here’s what cellulite simply is – it’s the fat beneath the skin, pushing up against connective tissue, resulting in a visibly bumpy appearance of the skin. It’s more common in women than in men, and its causes include everything from hormonal changes to metabolic changes. It’s mostly found on the hips, thighs, pelvis, abdomen, and buttocks.
Cellulite creams may not magically eliminate your cellulite, but they do work to help repair the appearance of it. However, these creams won’t prevent cellulite from forming as this isn’t something that’s topical.
Top 15 Anti-Cellulite Creams
Best Cruelty-Free:Bliss FabGirl Firm Body Cream
- Improves tone and texture of the skin
- Smoothes skin for improved body contour
- Contains a blend of powerful ingredients to tighten skin
This top rated cellulite cream is made of a firming formula which is powered by caffeine and a mega-blend of botanicals. With ingredients like Shea Butter, Pro-Vitamin B5, Soybean Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate, Shiitake Mushroom Extract, and Caffeine, this is your companion for the perfect summer bod! It’s free of parabens, phthalates, SLS, and SLES, besides being completely cruelty-free! This works best in combination with healthy eating and exercise.
Best For Improving Skin Texture:Body Merry Cellulite Defense Cream
- Contains elements like caffeine, retinol, and seaweed
- Has a very cooling effect on the skin
- Pleasant fragrance
- Value for money
- Some may find the tingly sensation irritating
This cellulite defense cream from Body Merry is an Amazon bestseller, and we can see why! Its formula is texturized as a gel-cream and is infused with not one but three types of seaweed, retinol, caffeine, and cayenne. They play a vital role in enhancing circulation and in improving the overall texture and appearance of the skin. You need to apply it twice a day to see a substantial improvement. To understand the nuances of the product in detail, you can check out this review.
Best Budget-Friendly:Nivea Skin Firming & Toning Gel-Cream
- Applies evenly on the skin
- Pleasant fragrance
- Visible results in two weeks
- Great for sagging skin as a result of sudden weight loss
- Results may not show as claimed on skin that has an advanced stage of cellulite or sagging
The Nivea Skin Firming & Toning Gel-Cream is our favorite budget-friendly options for a speedy toning solution. It comes in a gel and cream based formula that contains Q10 plus, which is extremely hydrating and instantly makes the skin feel soft and firm. It also helps to reduce the appearance of cellulite. This one by Nivea is dermatologist tested and is safe for all skin types. It also contains L-Carnitine and natural lotus extracts, which will make your skin look younger, firmer, and overall healthier. Check out this YouTuber’s review of the product if you require more details.
Best For Uneven Textured Skin:Sol De Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Cream
- Helps tighten and smoothen skin quickly
- Great for dry, dull, and uneven textured skin
- Delicately fragranced
- Some of you may not like that its formula contains some glitter
Looking for the best cellulite cream that will also add a perfect Brazilian glow to your skin? This formula from Sol De Janeiro contains a “secret ingredient” called Guarana, which is a native Amazonian plant whose fruit contains one of the most potent forms of caffeine on the planet. It is also powered by a Brazilian blend of cupuacu butter, which is extremely nourishing for your skin, coconut oil, and a whole bunch of antioxidants. It’s free of parabens, sulfates, and phthalates. You can also check this video out for a brief review of the product.
Best Deep Penetrating Formula: Clarins Body Fit Anti-Cellulite Contouring Expert for Women
- Contains Caffeine, Water Mint, and Quince
- Hydrates and softens skin
- Deeply-penetrating formula
- The alcohol in the formula provides a temporary tightening effect
- Price may be a concern for some
Clarins Body Fit Anti-Cellulite Contouring Expert helps reduce the appearance of cellulite with targeted refining and reshaping actions. This innovative body treatment is powered by Quince Leaf Extract, which helps to visibly smooth, firm, and lift skin. Its formula is lightweight, and it absorbs quickly, leaving your skin with a refreshing tingle. Use this twice a day and combine it with exercise and a proper diet to achieve faster results!
Best Antioxidant-Rich Formula: Tarte celluFight
- Provides an easy, instant fix in improving the appearance of cellulite
- Free of parabens, sulfates, formaldehyde, and petrochemicals
- Filled with antioxidants
- Does not contain dyes and irritating fragrances
- This product provides easy yet temporary improvement
The Tarte Cellufight contains SkinTight Complex, Green Tea Leaf Extract, Algae Extract, Caffeine and Natural DHA. It’s recommended to be used when you workout to help multiply the rate of fat burn by several degrees, resulting in a more rapid and efficient fat loss. The natural dye in its formula gives your skin an instant tan that conceals cellulite-challenged areas in your body, especially on the hips and thighs.
Best Plant-Based Cream: Caudalie Contouring Concentrate
- Contains natural essential oils
- 100% plant-based
- Has an energizing scent
- Penetrates deeply into the skin
- This is more expensive than your average cellulite treatment
This one’s a nourishing essential-oil blend, and it’s designed to help promote lymphatic drainage to reduce swelling and to also stimulate circulation. It’s all about the application technique when you use this – you need to massage it thoroughly after a shower, while your body is still slightly damp and then leave it to dry. It helps smooth the skin and leaves a subtle sheen on it.
Best For Sore Muscles: Baebody Hot Cream Anti-Cellulite & Muscle Relief
- Smells wonderful
- Also helps treat sore muscles
- Strong heating effect helps burn accumulated fat
- Takes time to achieve desired results
If you’re looking for an affordable option, Baebody Anti Cellulite Cream is specially designed for skin tightening and cellulite treatment. It contains the goodness of Juniper, Sweet Basil, Rosemary, and Cinnamon Oil, which all have a proven firming effect on the skin. Simply massage it well into the areas affected by cellulite twice a day. The lemongrass in its formula leaves you with a warming effect. To add to it all, this product is completely cruelty-free!
Best For Saggy Skin:CellulitiX Cellulite Remover
- Helps tighten saggy skin
- Absorbs quickly
- Stops the development of stretch marks
- Its formula is based on scientific research
- The exact list of ingredients is not provided, as it’s considered to be the company’s ‘trade secret.’
Want something that’s specially designed by surgeons and pharmacists for eliminating cellulite and tightening your skin? The CellulitiX Cellulite Remover contains ingredients like caffeine, vitamin a, and c, shea butter, and almond oil, all of which are proven to be incredibly beneficial for your skin. It comes with a handheld massager brush to stimulate blood flow. Apply this consistently, twice a day, and you’ll see visible results within four weeks.
Best For Improving Blood Circulation: Soap & Glory Sit Tight Super Intense 4-D
- Amazing packaging
- Heats up the skin to help burn fat
- Tightens skin fast
- May not work as efficiently for people with severe cellulite
Soap & Glory Sit Tight Super Intense 4-D is a targeted firming and smoothing lower body serum. Want to know what’s special about it? It comes with a tri-ball application technology to help stimulate circulation and promote smoothening of the skin. All you need to do is use this twice a day by massaging with the roller and say hello to tighter, smoother skin!
Best Paraben-Free:La Mer The Reparative Body Lotion
- Free of parabens, phthalates, and sulfates
- Soothes, smooths, and restructures skin
- Gives you effective results within two to three weeks
- Price may be a concern for some
This lotion from La Mer instantly nourishes, hydrates, and revitalizes skin. It’s infused with restorative sea-sourced energies and the silky lotion cushions against moisture loss. This works beautifully, and the skin is visibly plumped and firmed. Massage this into the skin twice a day in circular motions for best results.
Best Travel-Friendly Packaging: ELAIMEI Anti Cellulite Cream
- Suitable for all skin types
- Consistent texture
- Pleasant smell
- Unisex product
- May not last long
This Anti Cellulite Cream from ELAIMEI provides better blood circulation, strengthens the skin, and reduces the appearance of the cellulite. The cream helps in a great way to improve skin elasticity, tone the skin, and reduce fluid retention. It can be used on the bottom, thighs, legs, etc. The cream aids in improving body curve making you look confident.
Best For Improving Metabolic Function: Botanic Tree HydroXCell Anti-Cellulite
- Enhances skin’s firmness, elasticity, and fullness
- Makes skin tougher and more resilient
- Promotes faster rates of fat breakdown
- This product has a limited distribution
The Botanic Tree HydroXCell Anti-Cellulite cream is filled with amazing ingredients like ginkgo biloba, caffeine, carnitine, and carnitine hydroxycitrate. These ingredients encourage optimal blood circulation, fluid drainage, and proper nutrient circulation to help metabolic functions. Apply this liberally to cleansed and exfoliated skin to reduce the appearance of cellulite and also prevent further buildup.
Best Vitamin C-Enriched Formula:Juice Beauty Green Apple Firming Body Moisturizer
- Replenishes and deeply hydrates skin
- Firms skin
- Brightens with Vitamin C
- This may take time to show results
We love Juice Beauty’s organic make, and this firming balm is user-friendly for anyone over 20! It contains derivatives from lemon, apple, and grape juices, along with anti-aging peptides and an essential blend of fatty acids. If you want to revive and sustain youthful-looking skin, incorporate this into your daily body moisturizing routine!
Best Natural Formula:Life's Butter Anti-Cellulite Cream
- Natural ingredients
- Suitable for all skin
- Moisturizing formula
- Some may not like the smell
- Can be expensive
The Life’s Butter Anti-Cellulite Cream has a nourishing formula with the goodness of Coenzyme Q10, lotus extract, carrageenan, and L-Carnitine, which not only targets fat and firms up the skin but also gives your skin intense moisturization. This anti-cellulite cream is hypoallergenic, which makes it suitable for all skin types, and is perfect to target cellulite in your thighs, stomach, and buttocks. To get the best out of this cream, first, start by exfoliating the targeted areas before massaging the cream for better and faster absorption.
Tips: How To Choose Cellulite Creams
There are a bunch of factors that will help you choose a cellulite cream that works efficiently. Here’s what you should keep in mind while selecting your product.
- It’s best to pick a cream that’s formulated with effective ingredients that smooth out skin and reduce the appearance of cellulite – anti-cellulite creams formulated with caffeine are your best bet.
- Other proven ingredients that help include Aminophylline and Alpha Hydroxy Acids also help to minimize the appearance of fatty deposits on the skin and to also boost skin tone.
- Vitamin content of your cream also plays a role to strengthen your skin and reduce the dimple-like appearance of it. Creams formulated with Vitamin A or Retinoid, Vitamin C, and Vitamin E are very effective when it comes to this issue. These nutrients also act as antioxidants to help rejuvenate your skin and to boost collagen production, which in turn improves elasticity.
- You get what you pay for – so choose a product from a reputed brand and do your research before making your purchases.
Tips: Using Your Cellulite Cream The Right Way
Here’s how you can apply your cellulite cream in the right way to get optimal results.
- Prior exfoliation of the affected area will help boost the cream’s effect greatly. Make sure you deep clean or exfoliate before you go in with your cellulite cream.
- Your skin must be prepared at room temperature. With cold skin, there is less likelihood of proper absorption.
- Massaging the cream is key – use an adequate amount and rub it in by massaging in circles with enough pressure until it penetrates fully. Make circular movements, from the bottom up.
- Consistency is crucial if you want to get to the root of the problem. For this, use it twice a day (morning and night) for a minimum of 4-5 weeks.
- Combine your treatment with regular exercise (cardio, cycling, and swimming are great options) and a healthy diet to boost your results.
We’ve all been told over and over again through pop culture what the “ideal” body looks like. But here’s the thing – cellulite is not unattractive, it’s completely natural and normal. It’s not always a sign that you need to lose weight, or that you aren’t working out enough or that there’s something wrong with your body – it comes down to other major things like genetics, toxins, and hormonal changes.
That was our roundup of the top 15 anti-cellulite creams out there. Have you ever tried any of these creams? Let us know in the comments section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the cause of cellulite?
An uneven accumulation of fat beneath the skin causes cellulite. Hormones, poor diet, pregnancy, and accumulated toxins are a few major reasons for an increase in weight and the development of cellulite.
Can you use cellulite cream while pregnant?
No. Skip using cellulite cream during pregnancy as the product contains a stimulant that dehydrates the space between fat cells and may harm the fetus.
Can you use cellulite cream on my face?
Yes. Applying cellulite cream on the face is not damaging unless indicated otherwise.
Does cellulite cream burn fat?
No. Cellulite creams improve the appearance of cellulite and tighten the skin. They do not burn fat and stop cellulite from developing.
How often should you apply cellulite cream?
Apply cellulite cream twice daily for four weeks.
How long does it take for cellulite cream to work?
Cellulite creams show visible results after four to six weeks and impart an improved skin texture after 10 weeks.
How long does cellulite cream last?
The results of a cellulite cream last for six months.
- The Best Cellulite Massage Products
- The Best Cavitation Machines For Fat Burning And Body Sculpting
- Best Body Firming Creams For Flawlessly Toned Skin
- Best Firming Creams For Arms To Prevent Sagging Skin