Have you ever washed your face, only to find that your skin looks oily within only an hour? Well, I know that all too well. Having oily skin is a burden. Your skin gets extremely greasy, and you just feel so unclean after a few hours. This makes me compulsively wash my face frequently. I’m always on a lookout for products that can prevent my face from looking like an oil producing factory. I’ve heard that Cetaphil’s Oily Skin Cleanser was a savior for a lot of people. But did it work for me? Let’s dive into the review to find out, shall we?
Cetaphil OS Cleanser For Oily Skin Review
Description and Packaging
The packaging is quite modest, a simple white. This gives me the impression that they aren’t playing any games with the product, and they didn’t focus too much on making it look too fancy, because of how confident they are with the quality of it. That’s always a good thing.
AQUA (PURIFIED WATER/EAU PURIFIÉE), PEG-200 HYDROGENATED GLYCERYL PALMATE (AND)PEG-7 GLYCERYL COCOATE, SODIUM LAUROYL SARCOSINATE, ACRYLATES/STEARETH-20 METHACRYLATE COPOLMER, GLYCERIN, SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, PARFUM (MASKING FRAGRANCE/FRAGRANCE MASQUANTE), PANTHENOL, PEG-60 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL, DISODIUM EDTA, METHYLPARABEN.
Features And Benefits Of Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser
- Ideal for daily use.
- Best results are seen when used two times a day.
- It washes away clean, so there is no residue.
- It is ideal for those who suffer from oily, acne prone and blemished skin.
- It maintains the PH balance of your skin.
- Helps in getting rid of acne.
- The product’s formula foams up for easy use.
- It gently removes the oil and impurities trapped in your skin.
- The Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser unclogs pores.
- You’ll find that your face feels clean and less oily than it used to hours after.
- It is non-comedogenic, which means that it will not cause any further breakouts.
- Suitable for sensitive skin.
- It contains a slight medicinal smell, which may not be appealing to some people.
- It does not foam as much as it should, which requires you to use more product to work up a lather.
My Experience With Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser
My skin is quite oily. It’s so bad that if I wash my face in the morning, I will need to use a tissue only after an hour or so to control the oil. I’ve gone through countless products trying to find something that would keep the oil at bay and prevent breakouts. It always worked one way or the other. If it kept the oil away, I would wake up the next morning to find a few breakouts. There was no winning with my skin. I would spend hours on the internet looking up products that were meant to combat oily skin. I ended up making many purchases out of desperation and hope. I didn’t let my pocket off easy either; if it worked, I didn’t mind spending some extra money. It is my face after all!
While going about my regular research, I came across the Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser but thought nothing of it. After all, there was nothing impressive looking about it and moreover, it wasn’t expensive! At that point, it was drilled into my head that if it’s not expensive, it wouldn’t work on my skin. To my luck, I have a combination of oily and sensitive skin. So, anything too harsh would immediately break me out. You can imagine my state of distress. I was all out of options so I thought I’d give this a shot. Trust me I’m glad that I did. The change wasn’t immediate or overnight, but over the course of a week, I noticed minor breakouts and by the month end, I had hardly any breakouts! I also noticed that the scars and blemishes left behind by the acne slowly started to fade.
As mentioned before, although the packaging isn’t too fancy, it does the job, so I’m not the one to complain. For me, the efficiency of the product places much higher than the look and feel. Another point that I couldn’t ignore was how affordable this cleanser was. It can be easily found at the supermarket or an online store, which is extremely convenient. The only problem I had with the product was the fact that it doesn’t foam up a lot. This required me to use a little more than I thought I needed. So, I had to make a repurchase quite quickly. It’s not all that bad, though. It lasted for almost one and a half months. For the price that I paid and the quality of the product, I thought that I could overlook this factor. All in all, this is an excellent product.
How To Use Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser?
- Squeeze two pea sized amount blobs onto your palm and rub your hands together to create a foamy texture.
- Apply the foam to your wet skin and gently massage your face.
- Rinse it off with water and wipe dry.
- Follow up with a toner, serum, moisturizer and sunscreen.
24 months from the date of manufacture
Will I Recommend It?
Yes. If you have oily skin and have been waiting to get your hands on a good cleanser that will combat the oil and acne, then this is the perfect product for you. Additionally, it is also suitable for those who have sensitive skin that tends to breakout due to any harsh products. Give this product a shot like I did! And I assure you won’t regret it.
[ Read: Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion Review ]
I completely understand the woes of having oily skin. It may just be nearing lunchtime, but for your face, it may feel it is nearing the end of the day! You end up looking tired and worn out, and that shine on your face gets in the way of your day to day activities. Most of the times, I even start to feel icky and dirty when I feel the oil on my face. If your worries are anything like mine, then I highly suggest that you try the Cetaphil Oil Cleanser. Go about your tasks and conquer the world, shine free!
- Top 10 Cleansers For Oily Skin
- Olay Total Effects Anti Ageing Fairness Cream Review
- Top 8 Homemade Cleansers For Oily Skin
- Top 10 Drugstore Foundations For Oily Skin
- Top 10 Primers For Oily Skin