Did you know that cycling increases height? Well, now you know that! So, get up and make cycling a part of your daily exercise. Read further to know more about cycling and how does cycling increase height.
Cycling is a great physical work out. It’s an eco friendly exercise. Cycling is a vigorous activity and burns out fat very fast. Cycling can promote height growth but can’t cause it. Here are some key points to consider if cycling helps increase height:
In This Article
Does Cycling Increase Height?
- Height mainly depends on two factors. One is your genes which are the most important factor and the other is your age. After a certain age, it is not possible to increase height. Even if it does, it’s marginal.
- If you are a teenager, it is the right age to start cycling. For this is the time most people attain maximum height. Exercise at this juncture can make a crucial difference in your height.
- With cycling, a good nutritious diet goes hand in hand to increase height.
What Effect Does Cycling Have On Your Body?
Cycling heavily employs the muscles of your body. If you cycle at least 4 miles a day, your legs and calf muscles tighten up. As a result, the lower part of the body becomes lean. Once you develop such a figure, you are bound to look tall. Your abs also become stronger. In the process, your legs stretch and you can add a few inches to your body. Health experts also recommend having a protein-rich diet along with milk every day. Since cycling burns a lot of calories, if you eat the right diet, you help your body to shape up the right muscles. Have you ever noticed the calf muscles of an active cyclist? Their calf muscles are lean and strong. Their legs also appear longer.
Myths about Cycling
There are several debates about how cycling affects our height growth. Medical professionals say that there is no scientific research indicating that cycling increases height. They say that the height growth purely depends on your genes and environment. This was a fact sometime ago and has become a myth now. Proven results on the effects of cycling have a different picture to paint today.
The Truth about Cycling
Cycling may not cause you to become taller but it definitely makes you slimmer. While cycling, you may burn around 400 calories per hour, on an average. Your body continues to burn calories even when you rest. If you cycle 10 miles a day, you burn close to 700 calories. Another good thing about cycling is that it improves your body posture. If you have a habit of slouching, you can get rid of it by cycling. With a better posture and lean figure, you will look tall and slim.
[ Read: Foods To Eat For Healthy Bones ]
What to Expect From Cycling?
Don’t look at cycling to increase height alone. There are several other health benefits from this exercise. They are mentioned as below:
- You’ll have a toned body structure, tight muscles, better appetite and a taut figure.
- You will breathe better and strengthen your cardiac muscles.
- Lungs also become stronger as a result of heavy breathing and exercising.
- Moreover, think about the environmental benefits. You are contributing to a cleaner and greener environment. Using cycling as a
- Mode of transport causes zero pollution. You are not using the precious fossil fuels and you are also cutting down on noise pollution.
Given these benefits, one should take cycling more seriously. Be sure to couple cycling with a nutritious and balanced diet. Cycling for an hour at a speed between 12-14 mph helps boost your body’s metabolism. Hence, you lean towards becoming fit and taller.
Hope you liked our post on how does cycling increase height. I’m sure you would love to include cycling as a part of your daily work out. Please share your experience with us about how cycling helped you in getting a lean, fit and taller body. Drop us your views via the comments section below.
- 4 Effective Ways To Increase Height In 1 Week – A Must Read
- 9 Simple Tips To Increase Height Naturally
- 7 Simple Yoga Asanas That Will Help Increase Your Height
- 29 Best Exercises To Increase Height