Prepping your skin before going in with your makeup is probably the best thing you can do for your skin – that’s a given. But you may wonder – “what are the perks of a primer and how would it benefit me?” (Especially if you’re relatively new to this beauty product.) Here’s what you get – a primer combines the benefits of both skin care and cosmetics, creating a smooth canvas and making your makeup last longer than ever.
I tried the Colorbar Perfect Match Primer and here’s an elaborate review of this product. Read on further to find out how this product performs and fares in this review.
Colorbar Perfect Match Primer Review
This satin-touch, oil-free primer masks fine lines and uneven texture, making skin marvelously soft and smooth. It’s the perfect base for makeup as it holds your foundation in place for long hours.
Features And Benefits
- Leaves you with a satiny smooth base
- Locks your makeup and makes it last longer
- Does not clog pores and controls sebum production
- Oil-free formula that masks fine lines and uneven texture
The Colorbar Perfect Match Primer comes in an inverted white bottle with a silver cap. It has a nozzle dispenser that helps to prevent wastage of the product. The bottle is light, and it closes securely, making it an ideal product to carry while traveling. On the whole, its minimalistic, sleek packaging is very convenient and functional.
Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Isododecane, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Propyl Paraben.
My Experience With Colorbar Perfect Match Primer
With all that rave about the Colorbar Perfect Match Primer, I was quite excited to try this product out. It’s an incredibly popular one among the many drugstore primers available in India. I have a combination skin type, and my T-zone tends to get oily towards the middle of my day. I bought this in an attempt to tackle this issue and also because I wanted to extend the staying power of my BB cream. Here’s my experience.
Texture And Fragrance
This primer has a lightweight, gel-like consistency, and it feels very creamy to touch. It goes on smoothly and blends so easily. Once blended, it absorbs well into the skin without leaving any kind of shine behind. Instead, my skin feels satiny and smooth like I have nothing on.
You won’t feel like you have any product on after a while.
Coming to the fragrance part of it, this primer is a fragrance-free formula, making it ideal for sensitive skin. This is something I love as I prefer using fragrance-free cosmetics and skin care products.
Hats-off to its staying power as it does extend the wear of my foundation and keeps my skin oil-free and my makeup looking fresh all day. I must have had it on for a good 10 hours, and my face still looked fresh by the end of it.
Performance And Efficacy
The Color Bar Perfect Match Primer is suitable for all skin types, be it dry, oily, combination or sensitive. It efficiently minimizes the appearance of pores and keeps excess oil at bay. You won’t have to worry about your face looking shiny or greasy because this takes good care of this problem. If you have extremely dry skin, this hydrates your skin and adds a glow to it.
The best part is that I’ve not had to worry about too many touch-ups as it makes my face look fresh and natural without the whole hassle.
This primer comes in only one shade – transparent. Its purpose is not to add any color; instead, it aims to smoothen out your skin for flawless foundation application. This is a major plus because you don’t need to worry about matching it to your skin tone.
- Easy to use
- Spreads and absorbs easily into the skin
- Tones down redness of angry acne and acne scars
- Smoothens uneven texture and blurs out the appearance of pores and fine lines
- Leaves a subtle glow on the face
- Increases the staying power of your foundation
- Decreases oiliness
- Convenient packaging
- Does not break you out
- Contains silicone and parabens
- Won’t make much of a difference to evidently large, open pores
How To Use Colorbar Perfect Match Primer?
- Step 1: Prep first – cleanse and moisturize your face with your daily moisturizer.
- Step 2: Dab on a little product on your face.
- Step 3: Blend this out well to smoothen your surface for a perfect complexion and a lasting effect.
- Step 4: Your skin is now ready for foundation and concealer, so you can move forward with your makeup routine.
Will I Recommend This Product?
Yes, I highly recommend this primer to anyone who wants an even-toned base and wants to extend the life of their makeup. It does contain some parabens, but considering how this product performs, it’s something that one could overlook. It’s definitely worth giving a try, and if it works for your skin type as it did for mine, then there’s nothing like it. Also, it’s an excellent value for money – nothing too unreasonable and a little product goes a long way.
If you haven’t ever tried a primer, I’ll have to tell you that it’s the ultimate makeup artist trick to keep your makeup fresh all day long. Even celebrity makeup artists rely on a primer for that perfect canvas and to cover up uneven skin and keep excessive oil at bay. Those were my views on the Colorbar Perfect Match Primer. Have you ever tried this product? What did you think of it? Let me know in the comments section below.
- 15 Best Selling Drugstore Primers For Flawless Makeup
- 10 Best Foundation Primers That You Should Try
- Must Try Colorbar Makeup Products Reviews
- Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder Review
Latest posts by Esha Saxena (see all)
- 52 Most Beautiful Women in the World - September 14, 2020
- 11 Best Drugstore Primers For Oily Skin - September 10, 2020
- 8 Best Vitamin C-Enriched Face Creams - September 9, 2020
- 9 Of The Best Green Concealers To Cancel Out Redness - October 10, 2019
- 9 Of The Best Rainbow Highlighters Out There - September 30, 2019