Caring for skin that is dry is as tough as caring for skin that is oily. For the latter, it is the constant blotting with tissues issue, whereas for the former one, it is the continuous application of moisturizer. There are a lot of concerns associated with dry skin, such as flakiness and itching. However, with proper care, you can tackle these problems. Following a consistent daily skin care routine for dry skin is the trick to achieving moisturized and dewy skin. Here’s what you need to do to achieve that.
Daily Skin Care Routine For Dry Skin
Step 1: The first thing you need to do as soon as you get up is splash your face with cool water a few times. This makes your skin feel completely refreshed.
Step 2: Then, pick a moisturizing cleanser and gently cleanse your face with it. Make sure you choose a mild product without any fragrance or unnecessary botanicals.
Step 3: After that, tone your skin. Pick a toner that is not drying.
Step 4: The next step is moisturizing – the most important one. Apply the moisturizer thoroughly all over your skin until it gets completely absorbed.
Step 5: Then, it is time for the sunscreen. If you are stepping out, ensure that it has a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of 30 or more. Reapply every few hours.
Step 6: If you want to use makeup, then it is best to go light. Tinted moisturizers, bb creams, and concealers are good options. Make sure they are moisturizing too to prevent any dry patches.
Step 1: It is important that you take care of your lips too and moisturize them well. Carry a butter lip balm with you to keep your lips smooth all day long.
Step 2: Consume foods rich in antioxidants. They not only protect your skin from free radical damage, but they also make it healthy from within and keep it glowing. Avoid over-fried foods and choose more of raw and boiled foods.
Step 1: Your night skin care routine is crucial. The time when you sleep is when maximum skin repair occurs, and if you apply the right products to your skin at this time, your skin will heal more quickly and stay healthy.
Step 2: After coming back home, rinse your face with warm water and remove the makeup off your face with a cleansing oil or makeup remover.
Step 3: Then, cleanse your face in the same way you did in the morning. Follow it up with a thick and nourishing night cream that keeps your skin moisturized throughout the night.
Step 4: Make sure you sleep for a good 7-8 hours.
Also, remember to exfoliate and use a moisturizing face mask once a week.
Now, some tips to keep in mind to care for your dry skin.
Tips To Care For Dry Skin
- Stay away from extreme hot baths or showers. They damage and dry out your skin even more. Stick to lukewarm water, and you should be fine.
- Do not leave your skin bare after cleansing your face. Follow it up with a moisturizer immediately.
- Carrying a moisturizing facial mist in your bag is a good idea. It is easy to use and handy to keep.
- Fix humidifiers in your room to increase the moisture levels in your living space to help combat your dry skin issue.
- Products containing harsh chemicals and strong fragrances are a big no-no for people with dry skin. They make the skin irritated, red, itchy and scaly.
- Wear comfortable clothing that doesn’t feel scratchy on the skin. Light cotton and khadi are good options.
- Avoid spending too much time in the sun. Tanning and dryness can be a lethal combination.
- Make sure you regularly moisturize your palms and fingertips because they are constantly exposed to harsh products. You need to remember to moisturize the soles of your feet too.
With consistent care, you can surely combat dry skin. The key is to keep at it and not give up. Follow the routine mentioned above, and in a few days, you will begin to notice a difference. Try it out and let us know in the comments section below on how it worked for you.
Expert’s Answers for Readers Questions
Does dry skin appear only during the winters?
Some people have naturally dry skin that stays flaky through the year while others develop it during the winter due to the harsh weather conditions.
Can I apply oil on my dry skin?
Yes, you can apply coconut or almond oil to your dry skin to moizturize it.
- Best Skin Care Products For Dry Skin – Our Top 10
- Top 38 Home Remedies For Dry Skin On Face
- How To Get Glowing Skin In 7 Days – With Instructions
Latest posts by Ramya Achanta (see all)
- How To Grow Thick Hair – 10 Easy Tips - April 5, 2018
- How To Balance The pH Level Of Your Hair For A Healthy Look? - February 28, 2018
- What Is The Difference Between Dandruff And Dry Scalp? - February 28, 2018
- The Amazing Benefits Of Coconut Oil For Hair - February 28, 2018
- 7 Best Patanjali Hair Oils – 2019 - February 19, 2018