Did you know that a Dead Sea Mud Mask can help you get rid of acne and soothe skin ailments? Well, it’s true! The mud found around Dead Sea, one of the biggest salt lakes in the world, is especially therapeutic, and it has many uses in soap and other cosmetic products around the world.
So, would you like to know how to use this mask to get glowing and flawless skin? Continue with your read!
Dead Sea Mud Mask Benefits:
Dead Sea mud has many amazing health benefits, which help refresh and revitalize your skin. Dead Sea mud reduces wrinkles, has emollient and anti-acne properties, and it is also used to ameliorate conventional medical therapy.
Apart from these amazing healths benefits, Dead Sea mud has some essential properties that help reduce and treat conditions like psoriasis, eczema, and acne. Soaps made with Dead Sea mud help cure itching, while they also cleanse the skin and remove dead skin.
Usually, you can add any essential oil to the Dead Sea mud face mask, but this recipe will use lavender, chamomile, and peppermint essential oils. Let’s look at why these ingredients are the best possible additions to this face mask.
Dead Sea Mud Mask Ingredients
Lavender Essential Oil:
Lavender essential oil has a calm and soothing effect. It has been used in many cultures as a sleep aid. The especially alluring scent of lavender essential oil enchants most people. It is used widely by chemists and beauticians as an ingredient in lotions, gels and other body and face packs. Lavender oil not only helps reduce and relieve tension, but it also disinfects your skin. Lavender essential oil has been known to treat respiratory problems.
[ Read: Mud Face Masks To Pamper Your Skin ]
Chamomile Essential Oil:
This is another effective skin soothing essential oil. Its calm and naturally soothing effect helps you relax, while it also exhibits anti-inflammatory properties. Chamomile essential oil helps relax skin irritation like eczema and acne. You can even use it to reduce the irritation.
Peppermint Essential Oil:
This essential oil is mostly used in chewing gum, ice cream, tea, soap, and shampoo. Peppermint oil has many varied health benefits, which include the treatment of nausea, reducing headaches and clearing respiratory tract and respiratory problems. This essential oil is crammed with minerals and nutrients like iron, manganese, magnesium, folate, calcium, copper and potassium.
Natural Dead Sea Mud Mask:
Now that you know about the benefits of Dead Sea Mud and other ingredients of this face mask, let’s take a look at how you can make this incredible moisturizing mud mask for your face and your body:
[ Read: Homemade Mud Masks ]
To begin with you must gather your ingredients, obviously. These ingredients include:
- A glass jar with a lid
- ½ cup Dead Sea mud
- 1 drop peppermint essential oil
- 3 drops chamomile essential oil
- 4 drops lavender essential oil
- A mixing bowl
Here is the Dead Sea mud mask recipe:
- Pour the ½ cup Dead Sea mud in a mixing bowl.
- Add the lavender, chamomile and peppermint essential oils to the mixing bowl.
- Mix the ingredients well until you get a smooth paste.
- Now pour the paste into the glass jar with the lid.
- This face mask paste can now be stored and kept aside for further use.
- Now that the mask paste is ready, take one tablespoon of this paste in your hands.
- Using your first two fingers proceed to apply the paste evenly over your face.
- Remember to avoid the delicate area around your eyes and mouth.
If your skin begins to get inflamed or get irritated remove the mask with water.
- Once you have applied the mask, leave it on for 10 minutes.
- Proceed to wipe it off using a gentle face cloth dipped in warm water.
This was about how to use dead sea mud mask. Well, use these steps and make your own amazing Dead Sea mud face mask at home. Please tell us about any other recipe variations or your experiences using Dead Sea mud here. Leave a comment below.
- 10 Best Mud Face Masks To Pamper Your Skin
- 2 Simple Ways To Prepare Butter Face Mask
- 3 Simple Ways To Prepare Chamomile Face Mask At Home
Latest posts by Ameya C (see all)
- 8 Facts About Washing Hands That You Don’t Want To Ignore - February 23, 2016
- 5 Amazing Benefits Of Castor Oil Bath - June 12, 2015
- What Is Reverse Prayer Yoga And What Are Its Benefits? - May 5, 2015
- Is Garam Masala Good For Health? - April 29, 2015
- 7 Amazing Benefits Of Gardenia Essential Oil - April 29, 2015