Do you notice wrinkles on your face? While aging is a natural and beautiful process, there is nothing wrong if you desire to reduce wrinkles. Of course, you can buy skincare products containing hyaluronic acid, vitamin C, and other ingredients with anti-aging properties. But these products could be too expensive to be purchased regularly. The alternative? Check the following anti-wrinkle face masks that you can prepare with ingredients in your kitchen. Scroll down for more!
Face masks have been used for centuries. Anti-aging face masks are very effective when used once a week. Apart from reducing the early signs of aging, they also have other potential benefits (1).
In This Article
Benefits Of Face Masks
- Improve blood circulation
- Maintain and improve skin elasticity
- Clean and unclog pores
- Reduce dark circles, wrinkles, acne, and pimples
- Improve skin glow
- Cleanse and purify skin
- Make skin smooth, radiant, and silky
- Remove dead skin cells
- Improve skin texture and complexion
- Hydrate and nourish the skin
- Reduce scars and marks on the skin
Here are some anti-wrinkle ingredients you can find in your pantry.
Ingredients In Anti-Aging Face Masks
- Orange Peel: The powder obtained from dried orange peels can be used as an anti-aging skincare ingredient to eliminate wrinkles. The powder has antioxidant properties (2).
- Turmeric: Apart from its wound healing and blood-purifying effects, turmeric also slows down the appearance of wrinkles (3). It improves skin elasticity and evens out the skin tone. It also brightens dull skin and reduces pigmentation.
- Green Tea: Green tea is used in topical skincare products as an anti-aging agent. It contains polyphenolic compounds called catechins that slow down skin aging (4). Green tea has antioxidant properties that also can reduce the signs of aging (5).
- Sandalwood: Sandalwood tones the skin. It also reduces any visible pores and evens out the skin texture. It even reduces the signs of aging, like sagging (6). It tightens the skin and improves skin complexion. Sandalwood can also be used to treat acne and soften the skin.
- Yogurt: Yogurt improves skin elasticity (7). It also improves skin brightness and retains moisture. The selenium in yogurt reduces wrinkles formed due to a magnesium deficiency (8).
- Neem Oil: Neem oil has antimicrobial properties and can be used to improve skin health. It keeps the skin from losing its elasticity too soon (9). Neem also contains antioxidant properties that fight free radicals and protect the skin from oxidative damage (10).
- Coffee: Caffeine has high antioxidant properties. It is also known to reduce the signs of photoaging like wrinkles, spots, discoloration, and loss of skin elasticity (11). Caffeine also increases blood circulation in the skin.
- Lime: Lime has phytocompounds that possess antioxidant properties and act as anti-aging agents (12). The skin and seed extract of limes can be used to restore skin elasticity.
- Apple: Apples have hydroxy acids. These are known to reduce the signs of aging (13). Hydroxy acids exfoliate the epidermal cells and treat rough and dry skin. They make the skin softer and smoother and reduce wrinkles and spots.
- Olive Oil: Olive oil contains phenolic compounds that have antioxidant properties (14). In fact, the antioxidant properties of olive oil are greater than that of vitamin E. Antioxidants can prevent oxidative damage that may otherwise lead to aging signs. Olive oil also improves skin health (15).
- Milk: Milk has been often touted as a general remedy for skin aging. Research shows that milk products, like soy milk and kefir, may help slow down skin aging (16), (17). Milk containing alpha-hydroxy acids was also found to reduce signs of aging while softening the skin (13).
Now that you know what the right ingredients are, read ahead to understand how you can use them to make your own anti-wrinkle face masks.
How To Make Homemade Anti-Wrinkle Face Masks
1. Yogurt And Turmeric Face Mask
You Will Need
- Turmeric, a pinch
- Yogurt, 1 tablespoon
- Take a tablespoonful of yogurt and mix it with the turmeric.
- Apply the mixture to your face.
- Let it dry for 10 minutes and rinse with cool water.
2. Lentil Face Mask
You Will Need
- Lentils, 2 tablespoons
- Water, 3 tablespoons
- Make a paste of lentils.
- Apply it all over your face and neck.
- Allow it to dry a bit.
- Wash with cold water.
3. Lime Juice And Milk Cream Mask
You Will Need
- Lime juice, 2 tablespoons
- Milk cream, 2 to 3 tablespoons
- Make a mixture of lime juice and milk cream and apply it to your face.
- Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Wash with water.
4. Olive Oil And Lemon Juice Face Mask
You Will Need
- Olive oil, 2 tablespoons
- Lemon juice, one teaspoon
- Take olive oil in a bowl and mix a teaspoonful of lemon juice in it.
- Apply this mixture to your face and massage.
- Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes and wash with plain water.
5. Apple Face Mask
You Will Need
- An apple
- Milk powder, one teaspoon
- Honey, one teaspoon
- Take an apple and boil it in water.
- Let it cool.
- Remove the seeds and mash the apple.
- Add one teaspoonful of milk powder and one teaspoonful of honey to it.
- Apply to your face and leave it on for 15 minutes.
- Rinse with water.
These masks may help reduce wrinkles to some extent. But as they say, prevention is better than cure. Following are some tips that help delay the onset of wrinkles.
Tips To Delay Wrinkles
- Have a regular nighttime skincare routine. Your skin gets to rest in the night, and this is when you must moisturize it. Your skincare routine does not have to be elaborate, but make sure it contains three main steps cleansing, toning, and moisturizing.
- Wear sunscreen if you are stepping into the sun. Photodamage is often a cause for early signs of aging. By applying sunscreen, you reduce the risk of any damage.
- Moisturizing your skin can improve skin elasticity and keep it healthy. If you have oily or combination skin, opt for a water-based moisturizer.
- Apply face masks at least once a week. Not only do they delay skin aging, but they also improve skin health.
- Use products specific to your skin type. Products that dont suit your skin type may cause damage and leave your skin vulnerable to early signs of aging.
- Wash your face at least twice a day. Clogged pores can lead to a build-up of dirt and product residue that ruin your skin. Regularly cleansing your face prevents any damage caused by dirt, pollution, and excess product residue or oil.
- Have a healthy and balanced diet. Nutrition plays a key role in body and skin health.
- Exercise can improve skin quality and delay the onset of aging signs.
Aging is natural, and we all should love our skin. But allowing your skin to deteriorate and lose its elasticity is not good. The tips and homemade masks in this post will help improve your skin health and appearance. Your skin needs love and care, paired with exercise and a healthy diet. Start taking care of your skin today.
Articles on StyleCraze are backed by verified information from peer-reviewed and academic research papers, reputed organizations, research institutions, and medical associations to ensure accuracy and relevance. Read our editorial policy to learn more.
- Formulation And Evaluation Of Cosmetic Herbal Face Pack For Glowing Skin,
- Evaluation Of Skin Anti-Aging Potential Of Citrus Reticulata Blanco Peel,
- In-House Preparation And Standardization Of Herbal Face Pack,
- Green Tea And The Skin,
- Green Tea In Dermatology Myths And Facts,
- White Sandal (santalum Album L.), A Precious Medicinal And Timber Yielding Plant : A Short Review ,
- Clinical Efficacy Of Facial Masks Containing Yoghurt And Opuntia Humifusa Raf. (f-Yop),,
- Curd: A Sedative With A Bonus Bowl Of Useful Side-Effects,,
- Azadirachta Indica (neem) Leaf: A Review ,
- Therapeutics Role Of Azadirachta Indica (neem) And Their Active Constituents In Diseases Prevention And Treatment,
- Caffeine’s Mechanisms Of Action And Its Cosmetic Use,
- Comparison Activities Of Peel And Extract Of Lime (citrus Amblycarpa) As Antioxidant And Anti Elastase,
- Skin Aging & Modern Age Anti-Aging Strategies,
- Anti-Inflammatory And Skin Barrier Repair Effects Of Topical Application Of Some Plant Oils,
- Therapeutics Role Of Olive Fruits/oil In The Prevention Of Diseases Via Modulation Of Antioxidant, Anti-Tumour And Genetic Activity,
- Recent Advances In The Antiaging Effects Of Phytoestrogens On Collagen, Water Content, And Oxidative Stress,
- Study On Skin Care Properties Of Milk Kefir Whey ,