Different girls have different face shapes and sometimes what happens is that we try to copy makeup looks of celebs and end up looking not just bad but odd too, mostly since you may not have the same face shape as that of Kate Winslet or may not have the same face shape as that of Reese Witherspoon.
So while doing your face makeup, it’s important to cast a glance on to the type of face shape that you have. For that purpose, read the article – How To Know Your Face Shape?
Makeup For Different Face Shapes
Let’s have a deeper insight into the face shapes and correct makeup for face shapes which one needs to follow:
1. Makeup For Oval Shaped Faces
The most common face shape is that of the “Oval” shape. I, myself have that shape so am going to get to the topic right away! Well, Jessica Alba’s face is also sort of Oval Shaped as you can make out from the picture!
- The first objective is to make the face look more elongated, so as to minimize the oval effect of the face. For this, we have to concentrate on our blunt features, if you do have any. Most people with an oval face but do not have a pointed and sharp nose. So after applying foundation, what you can do is take some bronzer and apply in between your thumb and first finger and then apply stretched on to nose from top to bottom ( the sides I mean). In this way, your nose will get the shadow effect on the sides, and the top will remain in foundation looking fairer and heightened. This is a makeup trick which every makeup artist applies for oval shaped faces.
- Next comes Eyebrows, high arched brows can give a more oval shape. So follow the natural shape of brow bones and tweeze that way.
- While doing makeup for eyes or lips, concentrate on any one feature, either eyes or lips keeping the other simple.
- Use blush to make the face look elongated. Suck cheeks in and use blush on to contours, and not onto apples of your cheeks. It’s a damn good technique that makes your face look sleek and stylish! I can BANK on this one. And one more thing, you can use a little blush on to the sides on your chin also, not in the absolute front. This enhances this effect!
Get more tips from the article – 7 Must Follow Makeup Tips For Oval Face.
2. Makeup For Oblong Shaped Faces
Who better than Milla Jovovich ( the Resident Evil Star) to refer when talking about this face shape? Mainly since the new movie is all set to hit the theaters soon.
Well, I don’t have this face shape, but my friend does, and I’ve seen what she does, well she is also a Google person and learns tricks from here and there.
Here is a tested version, I am sure you’ll love it.
If your face is oblong or rectangular, then your first and foremost motive will be to show the face as oval.
Make brows a little arched than the normal run of your brow bones. This will make your face look a little more oval and round.
- Use Pinkish (light) shade on to the sucked cheeks ( this will give a plumped up look) and use a rosy darker shade onto apples.
- Make your eyelashes look bigger and more dramatic by using double curling (before and after use of mascara) or you may even experiment with darker false lashes.
- Try to keep lips minimum and rosy pink, they look the best and full, to make your face appear fuller.
- Minimize sharp edges of the face (like sides of jaws and if your nose is real sharp, follow alternate technique refer to point 6 with a bronzer sweep.
- Coming to the nose, like for oval face you follow a side shadowing, here you need to follow a top shadowing technique, Do not use shadowing on sides of nose, let it remain covered in foundation. Sweep the top of nose bone with a bronzer.
3. Makeup For Heart Shaped Faces
The best face to refer to when talking about heart-shaped faces is Reese Witherspoon’s.
Here are a few makeup tips for this face shape. If you have a tapered jawline and a wide forehead, like most heart-shaped faces, the first focus is to move away the attention from the wideness of the forehead. You can highlight certain features and turn down others to perfectly balance this face shape.
1. Use a bronzer or a foundation (darker to the skin tone) along the sides of the temples and the bottom of the chin. Use a highlighting powder and also on top of the nose. Side shadow the nose with a bronzer and add some color to the cheeks to accentuate the high cheek bones that are typical of this face shape.
2. Plump up your lips rather than your eyes. Use a lip plumper or a high-shine gloss and a bold lip color so that focus remains on lips and not on to tapering jawline.
3. Do not make the eyes too smokey, use lighter shades even if you go for a night out smokey effect.
4. Contour your cheekbones with a bronzer by tracing the hollows of your cheeks.
5. Use a subtle shade of blush to add color to the apples of your cheeks.
4. Makeup For Diamond Shaped Faces
The biggest concern with makeup for different face shapes is that they look very disproportionate, and this makes it very difficult to achieve a dazzling look! Use makeup to brighten the center of your face which brings attention to the center of your face. A lighter liquid foundation or highlighting powder will help you achieve this effect with ease.
- Apply it to the forehead, bridge of the nose and center of the chin to draw attention to the center part of the face.
- Using a bronzing powder or slightly darker foundation, contour the peak of the forehead, the tip of the chin and underside of the cheekbones for minimizing the width and giving the face a more proportionate look.
5. Makeup For Round Shaped Faces
Round face has equal length and width. So when it comes to makeup, you will have to create the illusion of length. Contouring is very important for this face shape.
- A bronzer can work as a contour when applied to the temples and beneath the jaw line. Doing so will create the illusion of an oval face. Also, highlight the forehead, area under the eyes and the chin to draw attention to the center of your face.
- A blush can be applied just beneath the cheekbones to give them definition, or apply it directly to the apples of the cheeks to accentuate their perfect shape. Do apply the blush in upward strokes to give a slimming effect.
For more information, read the article – How To Apply Makeup For Round Face?
A little care needs to be taken regarding the colors as bright colors only accentuate the roundness of the face.
Enjoy and use these proven tricks on corrective makeup for different face shapes to have a great makeup on you and look your best! Hope these makeup tips for different face shapes will surely help you to put out your best!
- 7 Wonderful Lip Makeup Tips For Different Lip Shapes
- Eyebrow Shape Ideas For Oval Faces
- 3 Best Eyebrow Shapes For Square Face
- 5 Perfect Eyebrow Shapes For Diamond Shaped Face
Latest posts by Zinnia (see all)
- 10 Trending Nail Colors You Must Own This Winter - March 15, 2015
- 15 Effective Tips To Prevent Makeup From Melting In Hot Weather - August 9, 2014
- 50 Best Hairstyles For Short Red Hair - November 29, 2013
- Top 10 French Tip Nail Art Designs - November 7, 2013
- 50 Bridal Hairstyle Ideas For Your Reception - November 6, 2013