It is often said that hair is a woman’s crowning glory! Long, lustrous and silky hair has been praised by innumerable poets.
I feel that my hair is my ultimate accessory. I can go from an office to a party mode just with a change in hairstyle. Hair enhances our beauty and speaks a lot about our personality. Do you need a better reason to take good care of your hair? If we know about the different hair types and what our hair type is, it’ll be much easier for us to do so.
Different Hair Types
A. Oily Hair:
It is very common for those with oily skin to have oily hair. Skin type does not vary between the visible surface and your scalp, hence you have oily hair. Oily skin means oily scalp and if your scalp is oily, your hair will automatically become oily.
This is primarily due to excess secretion of oil.
How to Recognize this Hair Type?
- The hair looks dull and lifeless most of the times.
- However much you shampoo, your hair will look greasy and limp in just a day or two.
- Excess oil secretion leads to dandruff which results in a lot of hair fall.
- Shampoo frequently
- Rinse with diluted acidic concoctions of lemon , vinegar , cider and even beer
- Avoid touching your hair. Oils can be transferred from your skin to the hair.
- Avoid oil massages as this will stimulate more oil secretion
- Opt for cool / room temperature water for hair wash. Hot water stimulates more oil production
- Avoid conditioner on roots of the hair .Opt for herbal remedies
B. Dry Hair:
Inactive oil glands lead to for dry hair. Well , not exactly inactive glands but more like ineffective glands.
If you have dry skin, then it is most likely that you will have dry hair. This is a result of the insufficient production of sebum by the glands on your scalp.
How to Recognize this Hair Type?
- Dry and frizzy hair due to overexposure to the sun, using harsh shampoos and chemical treatment
- Split ends
- Excessive hair breakage and loss
- Hot oil massage
- Deep conditioning or even leave in treatments like L’oreal total repair
- Refrain from using flat irons etc.
- Avoid daily shampoo as it will dry the hair further
- Opt for home remedies like mashed avacado hair mask.Leave in and rinse off after 30 minutes
C. Normal Hair:
You are lucky if you have this hair type!
Proper pH balance, shiny and healthy hair come in conjunction with this type. Though we must tell you that the name is a huge misnomer. This is the most uncommon hair type to find. Take the regular precautions to clean, moisturise and protect it from sun damage and you will never face too many troubles with this hair type.
How to Recognize this Hair Type:
- Healthy hair with minimal hair loss
- Minimal dandruff and other issues
- Eat balanced diet to maintain this hair.
- Opt for shampoos that are sulfate free
- Condition frequently
Tips to Determine Different Types of Hair:
If you want to know what your hair type is, try out this simple test. Dab a tissue on your scalp the second day after wash.
- If there’s an oil blot, you have normal hair.
- If the tissue shows nothing, it is dry.
- If strands stick to each other then it is greasy and you have oily hair.
Hopefully you should be able to identify your hair type using these simple tips. To maintain overall health of the hair, you should
- Opt for a healthy diet full of B vitamins
- Air dry your hair rather than heat or towel dry
- Use gentle shampoos.Try Baby shampoos once in a while
- Don’t brush your hair when its wet
- Embrace your natural hair and avoid chemical or heat treatment
Learn to love your hair and it shall show its love by being fabulous.
Latest posts by StyleCraze (see all)
- The Best Place To Get A Hair Transplant In India - August 30, 2018
- Stronger, Thicker and Longer Hair! How? The All In One iVEDA NIVR Hair Growth Oil Review - August 27, 2018
- Does InstaWhite Mud By Snap A Glow Really Give Instant Glow? Let’s Find Out In This Review.. - July 9, 2018
- Is Dentologik Advanced Oral Care The One Stop Solution For All Your Oral Hygiene Needs? Let’s Find Out - February 9, 2018
- Early Signs Of Heart Attack. Do Not Ignore These Symptoms At All! - December 28, 2017