Every woman loves to have bright and glowing skin but sun and pollution these days makes it impossible for most of us to maintain it. Many products available in the market claim fairness and lighter skin tone but unfortunately they are loaded with chemicals which may harm our skin. Moreover these are not pocket friendly.
There are many solutions to lose that tan on our skin which gets accumulated in our day to day busy life. There are many easily available natural ingredients using which we can keep our skin healthy and glowing. You may not become extremely fair but you can definitely reach your natural and original complexion for sure using these face packs for dark skin. Here are a few easy to make masks recipes listed below which you may find helpful.
Face Pack for Dark Skin – Wonderful 6 Packs
1. Papaya And Egg White Mask
This face pack for dark skin helps in lightening and moisturizing dark skin!
- 2tbsp Papaya juice
- 2tbsp Yogurt
- Apple Cider vinegar
- Almond/Olive/Groundnut oil for dry skin
- Glycerin for dry skin
- Egg white
Grind a small piece of papaya. Mix it with yogurt, vinegar and almond oil/olive oil/groundnut oil. Keep it in the fridge for a couple of hours. Take the pack and add some glycerin and egg white to it. Apply the pack on your face and leave it for 20-30 mins. Rinse it with lukewarm water.
- Papaya helps in skin lightening and evens out the skin tone. It fights against blemishes.
- Yogurt is a very good cleanser and fights against skin problems.
- Apple cider vinegar, if applied before sleeping can remove blemishes overnight.
- Glycerin and oils moisturize the skin while egg white acts against sagging of skin.
2. Gram Flour And Lime Juice Pack
This homemade face pack for dark skin is the most effective as it has the power of lime in it.
- 1tbsp Gram flour or besan
- 1tbsp Lime juice
- 1tsp Turmeric
- Some Rose water
Mix all the above ingredients well and apply on your face. Let it dry and then rinse with lukewarm water.
- Gram flour is a very good cleanser and exfoliator while lemon juice helps in reducing the accumulated tan.
- Rose water is a good natural toner while turmeric is an antibacterial ingredient which acts against various skin problems.
3. Honey and Lime Juice Mask
- 2tbsp honey
- 2tbsp lime juice
- Take equal amounts of honey and lime juice. Mix them well and use it as a pack. Wait for 15-20 min and rinse well with lukewarm water.
- Honey is an anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory ingredient and it acts against blemishes, scars and evens out the skin.
4. Milk And Lime Juice Mask
- 3tbsp Milk
- 1tbsp Lime juice
- Pinch of turmeric powder
- 1tbsp Honey
Mix all these ingredients well and use it as a pack. Leave it till it dries and rinse well with lukewarm water.
[ Read: Egg Face Packs For Healthy Skin ]
Milk cleanses the skin, moisturizes it very well and even outs the skin tone.
5. Tomato And Honey Mask
Mash a tomato and mix it with honey. Apply it all over your face and wait for 20-30 min. Rinse your face with lukewarm water and you will find your skin glowing.
Almost everyone knows about the skin lightening properties of tomato. Use this mask regularly and you can see how it works wonders for your skin.
6. Milk Powder And Lime Juice Mask
- 1tbsp Milk powder
- 1/2tbsp almond oil/olive oil
- 1tbsp lime juice
- 1tbsp honey
Mix all the ingredients above in a container and apply on your face. Wait till it dries or for 20 mins and rinse well with lukewarm water.
- Milk powder hydrates and nourishes skin. It is best for combination skin.
- For oily skin, you can add fuller’s earth. Using this regularly can give you glowing skin. It also helps in fading acne marks.
All the ingredients mentioned in this article are easily available in the market as well as your own kitchen. Which face mask for dry skin will you be trying first? Feel free to share with us.
Latest posts by Gayatri (see all)
- 11 Amazing Benefits Of Hyacinth Herb For Skin, Hair And Health - April 25, 2014
- 10 Amazing Benefits Of Rue Herb For Skin, Hair And Health - April 23, 2014
- Top 10 Made In India Cosmetic Brands - November 6, 2013
- 13 Simple Tips To Get Perfect Legs - October 15, 2013
- 5 Simple Tips To Get Luscious Lips - August 20, 2013