Are you tired of spending truckloads of money on expensive anti-frizz products? Unfortunately, we cannot escape frizz, but we can manage it with some TLC and a coconut oil hairspray.
The hair tends to get frizzy due to lack of moisture in the strands. This happens due to humidity, dryness, and damage. A coconut oil-based hairspray helps seal the cuticles, keeping frizz in check. It forms a barrier on the hair strands and protects them from pollution, dust, and heat damage. Scroll down to learn how to concoct a coconut oil hairspray at home to keep your hair shiny, soft, and luscious.
Table Of Contents
DIY Coconut Oil Hairspray – Benefits
Coconut oil has been used as a traditional moisturizer since ages (1). It penetrates the hair and binds to the hair proteins, preventing damage and hair breakage (2). Anecdotal evidence suggests that coconut oil helps promote hair growth and adds shine to your hair. It also helps fight some types of fungal infections (3).
Let’s now look at the process of preparing this homemade coconut oil hairspray.
DIY Coconut Oil Hairspray Recipe
You Will Need
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of aloe vera gel
- 1 capsule of vitamin E
- 2-3 drops of essential oil
- 150 ml of distilled water
- 200 ml spray bottle
- Warm the coconut oil and pour it into the spray bottle.
- Add a teaspoon of aloe vera gel to it.
- Puncture the vitamin E capsule with a safety pin and add the contents to the spray bottle.
- Add the essential oil and water and shake the spray bottle to mix all the ingredients well.
Note: Apply the hairspray from the mid-length to the ends. Avoid the roots as it can make your hair greasy. Make sure you shake the bottle before use and the coconut oil is at room temperature.
You can spritz this multipurpose DIY hair spray on dry or damp hair. Here are the other ways of using it.
How To Use A Coconut Oil Hairspray
- Spritz the hairspray on damp hair after a shower to detangle your hair.
- Use it whenever your hair feels dry or frizzy and needs a moisture boost.
- Spray it before blow drying your hair to protect the strands from heat damage.
A DIY coconut oil hairspray helps tackle frizz without being harsh on your hair. Follow the recipe mentioned above and prepare your homemade hairspray using natural ingredients. The bonus – it is easy on your pocket too!
- A randomized double-blind controlled trial comparing extra virgin coconut oil with mineral oil as a moisturizer for mild to moderate xerosis
- Effect of mineral oil, sunflower oil, and coconut oil on prevention of hair damage
- In vitro Evaluation of Antifungal Activity of Virgin Coconut oil and White Palm Kernel Oil on Candida Species-Experimental Study
Latest posts by Annie Jangam (see all)
- What Are The Benefits Of Activated Charcoal For Your Hair? - January 21, 2021
- Hyaluronic Acid For Hair: Benefits And How To Use It Effectively - January 21, 2021
- Magnesium For Hair Loss: Benefits, Uses, And More - January 21, 2021
- How Much Does A Hair Transplant Cost? - January 20, 2021
- How To Balance The pH Of Your Hair For A Healthy Look - January 12, 2021