DIY: Homemade Banana Hair Conditioner
Moisturize and nourish your hair with a simple ingredient from your kitchen.
No matter how attractive your face is, you should never overlook your hair, which is the throne of your body. You cannot look great if your hair is in bad shape owing to exposure to hazardous chemicals or neglect. Continual beauty treatments like color enhancements and bleaching can render your hair damaged. That is why you should give homemade banana hair conditioners a shot.
Using natural banana hair care treatments can revive the vibrancy and gloss of your hair. Bananas are inexpensive and readily available all year. You may simply go to the local market and get the bananas you require. Bananas have a hydrating quality that allows them to penetrate deep into the scalp and hydrate your hair. They contain vitamins E, C, and A as well as edible oils, which help promote hair development, make the hair supple, and prevent split ends. They provide hair softness, making detangling easy, ultimately offering breakage prevention. They are high in potassium as well as antioxidants (1).
A banana contains roughly 75% water, which hydrates the hair. It can help to reduce hair loss and breakage. Also, this delicious fruit can turn your hair shiny and bouncy! Who knew bananas provide so many advantages to your hair? So, it is time to prepare a banana hair conditioner at home! Why spend your money on harmful products when you can manufacture your own natural conditioners? All of the ingredients used in banana hair conditioners are easily accessible. So, what are you waiting for? Scroll down and check out all the banana hair conditioner recipes listed below!
In This Article
Homemade Banana Hair Conditioner – DIY Recipe
What Do You Need?
- 2 or 3 bananas (Depending upon the length of your hair)
- 2 tablespoon of Honey
- 2 tablespoon of coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Few drops of Rose water
- If you wish you can also add 2 tablespoons of yogurt along with bananas. This will give you a thick base for the conditioner.
How to Do?
- Cut the bananas into small pieces in a bowl.
- Add Coconut milk. Then add honey. Mix well.
- Now you can add the oils, the coconut oil and the olive oil.
- Transfer all these ingredients into a blender and blend well so that all the things are thoroughly mixed, and you get a fine smoothie.
- Add few drops of Rose water for that pleasant fragrance.
How to Apply?
- Brush your hair so that it is tangle-free.
- Then dampen them.
- Apply this yummy banana conditioner for hair with the help of a wide tooth comb, from the roots towards the end.
- Put a shower cap. Leave it for 30 minutes.
How to Wash It?
- Rinse your hair well with water to get the entire banana out.
- Shampoo them as usual.
- Let them dry naturally.
And there you have it—beautiful, lustrous hair at next to no cost!
Benefits Of Banana Hair Conditioner
- It is a cost-effective beauty treatment.
- Not much time is required to prepare it.
- It is easy to make.
- Bananas deeply conditions your hair (2).
- Honey is a natural humectant that moisturizes your hair. It also promotes hair growth (3).
- Coconut milk contains antioxidants and fats that fortify your hair and provide volume.
- Essential oils and carrier oils including coconut oil and olive oil give hair the needed shine and also deeply condition your hair (4), (5).
- The fragrance of rose is very pleasant, making it worth applying to your strands.
There you have it! Your one-stop solution for dry, brittle hair – a homemade banana hair conditioner. Bananas are nutrient-rich and provide nourishment for your hair from within. It conditions and strengthens your hair strands leaving your dried hair healthy and beautiful. It thoroughly spoils your hair with goodness! And with this homemade conditioner, you get all the benefits of hair care without the harmful effects of harsh chemicals. And yes, it might be time-consuming to make this conditioner, but its benefits make it 100% worth it.
So, scroll up, make this conditioner. Then, use it regularly and watch your hair transform!
However, always perform a patch test to check for any adverse reactions. If you notice any redness, irritation, or inflammation, please consult a doctor before using the banana conditioner on your hair and scalp as it can adversely your scalp health.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I apply bananas directly to my hair?
Yes, you may. However, it could be inconvenient as your hair may feel sticky. Ensure to shampoo your hair thoroughly to remove the residue.
Are overripe bananas good for hair?
Yes. Overripe bananas are rich in antioxidants and according to anecdotal evidence it may help with hair softness, texture, hair elasticity, frizz control, shedding prevention, and add more nourishment.
Can I leave bananas in my hair overnight?
Yes, you may, as bananas may deep condition your hair. However, leaving it overnight on your hair might be inconvenient and messy.
- A banana conditioner is a simple, pure and cheap way to moisturize, condition, and restore the bounce and shine of your hair.
- Bananas contain a lot of vitamins, and edible oils, that make the hair soft, minimize split ends, and encourage hair growth.
- Ripe bananas, honey, olive oil, coconut milk and oil, rose water, and yogurt can be used to make the perfect banana hair conditioner.
- It is important to thoroughly comb the hair before applying the concoction and let it sit for half an hour afterwards before rinsing it out.
Articles on StyleCraze are backed by verified information from peer-reviewed and academic research papers, reputed organizations, research institutions, and medical associations to ensure accuracy and relevance. Read our editorial policy to learn more.
- Bananas raw
- Traditional and Medicinal Uses of Banana
- Honey in dermatology and skin care: a review
- Ethnopharmacological survey of home remedies used for treatment of hair and scalp and their methods of preparation in the West Bank-Palestine
- Hair Cosmetics: An Overview