There is nothing better than homemade sugar lip scrub for getting soft and luscious lips. Lip scrubs get rid of dead and dry skin cells. They restore the softness and smoothness of the lips and improve their color and appearance. But, why would you buy a lip scrub from the store when you can make one at home? Lip scrubs made at home do not contain harmful chemicals. Their natural ingredients hydrate, moisturize, and heal your lips. So, what are you waiting for? Scroll down and check out how to make a sugar lip scrub at home!
In This Article
Simple Homemade Sugar Scrub For Lips:
- Raw Sugar is a natural source of glycolic acid, an alpha hydroxy acid that helps to exfoliate rough, dead cells from the skin surface. It is easily available and the least harmful substance that can be used as an ingredient to prepare this lip scrub. So that would be our main ingredient. We shall use both white and brown sugar because they both offer different benefits.
- Now since we are talking about the lips, the scrub has to be nourishing and soft on them, right? That is the reason I have added honey and almond oil to the ingredients list since they are the most likeable nourishing substances. Honey is a humectant that helps draw in moisture and hydrate and plump the lips.
- I have also included cinnamon in this list because this will bring a nice flavor to our lip scrub recipe. Is that all for cinnamon? Well, no. I have heard that cinnamon acts as a natural lip plumper too. Sounds amazing? Now go climb your kitchen shelves to catch hold of the corners where your mother must have hidden the cinnamon container.
Homemade Sugar Lip Scrub:
Let us follow the following easy steps to get the best homemade sugar scrub for lips:
Note: We are taking ingredients for the scrub mixture to serve 3 uses only. If you want the same for lesser or more number of times, you can adjust the quantity accordingly.
[ Read: DIY Vanilla Lip Scrub ]
[ Read: Get Rid Of Dark Lips ]
Now, mix them well. You’ll get a paste-like consistency at the end.
Lip scrubs can help exfoliate the lips and eliminate dry or dead skin cells that buildup over the lips. In addition, you can use lip scrubs to restore the suppleness of your lips and lighten them so that their color and appearance are improved. The biggest advantage of lip scrubs made at home is that they are free of harmful chemicals and contain natural and readily available ingredients. The natural ingredients in lip scrubs can help to hydrate, moisturize, and revive your lips. You can make homemade sugar lip scrub by combining brown sugar, white sugar, olive oil, and cinnamon powder in the correct proportions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it OK to exfoliate lips every day?
No. Exfoliation aids in the removal of the dry, dead skin that covers the delicate lips. Doing it regularly can help in the moisturization of dry lips. However, it is essential not to over-exfoliate as it can irritate your lips. Exfoliate your lips no more than twice a week.
How long do you leave on a lip scrub?
Apply a small amount of lip scrub to your lips with one finger. Scrub your lips for two to three minutes in a circular motion. If your lips appear and feel better, rinse off the scrub with water to remove any residue.
How long do DIY lip scrubs last?
DIY sugar scrubs can last for 3 to 6 months, and you can store them in a well-sealed container or jar.
Do lip scrubs make your lips bigger?
Yes. Exfoliating with lip scrubs will help plump up your lips and give them a fuller appearance.
Articles on StyleCraze are backed by verified information from peer-reviewed and academic research papers, reputed organizations, research institutions, and medical associations to ensure accuracy and relevance. Read our editorial policy to learn more.
- Skin Care with Herbal Exfoliants
- Honey in dermatology and skin care: A review