There are hundreds of health benefits that you can derive by drinking a few glasses of crystal clear water. Some researchers suggest that drinking water helps gain height. The question that comes to my mind is whether drinking water really increases height? Standing at just 5 feet tall and being a mother of a two year old, I look for every possible way that I can defy genes and be sure that my son is not a shortie like me!
So when I read a tabloid last weekend that suggested that water can help increase weight, I got curious! What did I do? Dig for more details! I read journal after journal and found some interesting theories. Ask me again, does drinking water increase height? Well my answer is, studies are yet to establish and prove this, however it does aid in height gain. Not directly but in helping other minerals accentuate height growth. Water only consists of two substances, hydrogen and oxygen. Yet it plays the most vital role in our lives. And does aid in growth!
Here Is How Water Aides in Height Growth:
1. Water makes up 70% to 80% of our body. Every single cell in the body needs water to function efficiently. Cells are the key organelles of the body that help in absorption of various minerals and vitamins. Unless the cells are healthy, this process will not take place efficiently. Water helps the cells to function well and absorb these minerals and vitamins to the fullest possible.
2. Water helps the minerals, and proteins function better in the body by better cell absorption. These minerals and proteins play a vital role in height gain. So indirectly, water allows the body to make better use of minerals and proteins by enhancing the absorption. That is why we say water aids height growth in individuals.
3. Water helps in prevention of dehydration. A well-known fact indeed. And also a lesson in every primary school goer’s textbook. Dehydration has several side effects and can cause a number of other ailments. When the body is dehydrated, body undergoes shortage of minerals and vitamins too. That is why headaches and dry skin are common side effects of dehydration. Water is the only natural resource that can prevent dehydration. When the body is dehydrated or less hydrated, growth is hampered. So drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water in your adolescence to ensure that you grow tall.
4. Water helps in digestion too. Water is an essential key component in helping to drag in the minerals and vitamins from the food you consume. This speeds the process of digestion and also mineral absorption. The food that you consume has valuable minerals like calcium and Vitamin D that aid in height growth. These ingredients are also water soluble. So, they get easily absorbed into the body cells.
5. Certain medical conditions also hamper height growth. Even genetic factors come into play. However, if you drink ample water and exercise regularly, several of these factors can be combated. Water disposes the toxins from your body and makes the body cells healthier. These cells are healthy enough to absorb the right nutrients required by your body for height growth.
6. One might think how much water should one have on a daily basis. Several doctors suggest that having 6 liters of water every day has great health benefits. This is the right amount for a full grown human body. This will help to keep you healthy and active. For growing child, 4-6 liters of water is suggested. If the child is active and indulges in sports, then he may need to drink more water.
7. Water does not directly increase height as we have discussed. Many doctors suggest calcium supplements for growing kids. Drinking copious quantities of water will make the ingredients in the supplements active. They will work more efficiently on the body and help attain maximum height.
Water is called as the elixir of life, and with reason. Without water no living being can survive. But now you know that water can help your kids grow taller. So what are you waiting for? Encourage your kid to drink more water. And if he does not fancy drinking water, ready some chilled lemonade that is sure to entice his taste buds.
Latest posts by Maanasi Radhakrishnan (see all)
- How To Remove Hair Color With Baking Soda? - July 20, 2017
- 33 Marvelous Benefits Of Jaggery (Gur) For Skin And Health - August 31, 2015
- 15 Best Selling Brands Of Rose Perfumes, Fragrances And Scents - August 19, 2015
- Is Hydrogen Peroxide A Cure For Sinus Infection? - August 10, 2015
- Is Prune Juice Effective For Weight Loss? - August 10, 2015