Tea has been known for its medicinal values since ages. Most of us are well aware of the benefits of black and green tea, but have you ever tried white tea? Yes, white tea is healthier than any other tea you will ever drink! All the 3 types of tea are produced from the same plant but at various stages of its growth. White tea is the least processed tea with the highest nutritious content. It also contains the highest level of anti-oxidants.
White tea is obtained from the new and the very young buds and leaves of the tea plant. These leaves are ten steamed and dried to obtain the white tea. It retains more nutrients than the black and green variants as it undergoes minimum processing. Due to these factors, this tea is highly priced. It is more expensive than the other tea varieties.
Generally, white tea is used to enhance the effects of caffeine and other stimulants. Its anti-oxidant properties make our immune system strong, prevent aging, protects against cancers etc. But is white tea good for weight loss? Yes, the most remarkable benefit of this tea is that it aids weight loss.
Benefits of White Tea For Weight Loss:
White tea is a boon for those who want to lose those extra layers of fat. Here’s how white tea helps one lose weight:
- Inhibits Formation of New Fat Cells: Studies show that white tea effectively inhibits the formation of new fat cells, which are known as adipocytes. Since new fat cell formation is reduced, weight gain is also reduced.
- Mobilizes Fats: It mobilizes the fat from mature fat cells and helps in eliminating excess fat from the body. Scientists call this the “anti-obesity effects”. This also restricts fats storage in the body.
- Stimulates Lipolysis: White tea not only inhibits and mobilizes fat, but also stimulates lipolysis, the fat burning process in the body. So, the excess fats in the body is efficiently burnt and results in shedding of extra weight.
- Caffeine Content: As mentioned earlier, white tea contains caffeine. Caffeine too, has been associated with weight loss.
- Stimulates Metabolism: White tea, being high in anti-oxidants, stimulates the body’s metabolism. With improved metabolism, you can definitely expect some weight loss.
- Restricts Dietary Fiber Absorption: White tea also helps in restricting dietary fat absorption in the body. Since the fat is not absorbed or stored in the body, it indirectly aids weight loss and restricts weight gain.
- Tastes Good: White tea has a good and smooth taste and can be consumed without adding milk, sugar or cream. Since milk and sugar are the foes of weight loss, sipping this tea is better as it reduces calorie intake.
- Curbs Hunger Pangs: Sipping white tea keeps away hunger pangs. Its consumption restricts us from eating or drinking just for the sake of it, which ultimately helps keep our weight under control.
All these properties of white tea for weight loss helps you prevent weight gain. But, it is important to remember that consuming white tea alone wouldn’t give miraculous results. Proper healthy diet has to be followed along with regular workout to maximize the results and benefits of this tea.
[ Read: Herbal Tea For Weight loss ]
How To Make White Tea:
You need to select good and high quality tea leaves to get the best of white tea. One teaspoon of tea per cup may be used. Here’s a simple recipe of how to prepare white tea:
- Put the required quantity of tea leaves in a kettle.
- Pour boiling water over the tea leaves.
- Allow the decotion to stand for a couple of minutes so that it brews well.
- Strain the liquor in a cup and sip this amazing health drink.
- Though plain white tea tastes good on its own, you can add some fat free milk and sugar-free sweetener for a low-calorie health drink.
Word Of Caution:
Keep the following points in mind when drinking white tea:
- As white tea contains caffeine, you should regulate its intake. Excessive caffeine intake harms the body. This tea can, however, be safely consumed on a regular basis by those who don’t have any health issues with caffeine intake.
- This tea should not be consumed at bedtime. Otherwise it can give sleepless nights due to the caffeine content.
- Adding whole milk, cream and sugars will destroy the health benefits of this tea. So restrict and avoid the use of these ingredients.
[ Read: How Can Green Tea Help You Lose Weight ]
Except for the caffeine content, white tea poses no other harm for us and can safely be consumed on regular basis in limited quantities.
Make white tea a part of your weight loss journey and watch the pounds melt off! Happy drinking!
Have you ever tried drinking white tea to lose weight? Share your experience with us in the comments section below.
- Is Radish Juice Good For Weight Loss?
- Is Bitter Gourd Juice Good For Weight Loss?
- How To Use Lipton Green Tea For Weight Loss?
- How To Prepare Barley Water For Weight Loss?
Dona Sheth Agarwal
Latest posts by Dona Sheth Agarwal (see all)
- 15 Best Probiotic Foods To Strengthen Your Immune System - August 30, 2014
- 8 Effective Benefits Of White Tea For Weight Loss - August 7, 2014
- 10 Amazing Benefits Of Winged Beans For Beauty And Health - August 6, 2014
- 6 Amazing Benefits Of Olive Oil For Your Eyelashes - July 31, 2014
- 18 Effective Fitness, Beauty & Makeup Secrets From Ayesha Takia - July 23, 2014