We have said this before, and we will say it again, well-defined eyes are the key to perfect makeup looks. Eyeshadows play a crucial role in ensuring this, and that’s why we are here to share makeup tips to make eyeshadows look brighter. We have all drooled over the posters with models wearing vibrant eyeshadows. But in reality, it isn’t easy to create such trend worthy striking makeup styles. We have tried multiple shades to find out the hues that make the eyes pop and look brighter. We have also discovered ways to ensure that your eyeshadow looks as intense as they are in the palette. Swipe up to explore all our simple yet effective makeup hacks!
- Eyeshadow Base: Use a creamy eyeshadow base over the eye primer. It evens out the pigment and adds vibrancy to the eyeshadow.
- Concealer As A Base: Apply a concealer two shades lighter than your skin tone to prep the eyelids. This will make the eyeshadow more pigmented and vibrant.
- Occasion: For daytime or formal attire choose neutral shades like taupe, beige, and shades of light brown. For evenings, choose bolder shades like dark blues, emeralds, and smoky grays.
- Eyeliner: Apply white or nude eyeliner on the waterline to brighten the eyes. It will frame the eyes and make the eyeshadow color pop.
- Brushes: The right kind of brush ensures even application. Use a flat brush for packing on color and a fluffy brush for blending uniformly.
In This Article
Top 8 Makeup Tips To Make Bright Eyeshadow:
How to get that perfect bright color eyeshadow? It is a secret – well not really! We have compiled a list of tips that will help you get the look you desire. Regardless of the color, makeup brand, texture or finish, with these tips you can now confidently carry the eyeshadow and make your eyes look more beautiful!
1. Elevate Your Eye Look With An Eye Primer
Most of us concentrate more on the end result of the eye makeup, but we always forget to use an eye primer. Eyeshadow primers work like a multipurpose product. It is a total misconception that eye primers work for the sole purpose of increasing the longevity of the eyeshadows. Eye primers also add vibrancy to the eyeshadows, making the color pop up on your eyelid and don’t get affected by the eyelid pigmentation that you may naturally have.
Eye primers come in different finishes. You can choose a skin tone variation to even out the eyelid pigmentation as well as help the eyeshadow pop. A white or pale colored primer will make the eyeshadows appear extremely vibrant.
2. Discover The Power Of Eyeshadow Base
An eyeshadow base is a popular way to make your eyeshadows appear bright and vibrant. The formula of the eyeshadow base is completely different from that of an eye primer. It has a thick and creamy formula. The bright eye shadow base helps to intensify the color pay off and also helps in making the eyeshadow stick to the eyelid. The best application of the eyeshadow base is with your fingertips, as it helps in easy spreading of the product. Makeup artists always apply the eye primer first and then follow it up with an eyeshadow base.
3. Make Your Eyes Pop With A White Eye Pencil
Eye pencils can easily double up as a base for your eyeshadows. If you are on a tight budget or if you don’t own an eye primer or eyeshadow base, then this trick will be of great help to you. White eye pencils can replace an eyeshadow primer easily. They are generally made with a nice creamy formula, which helps the eyeshadow adhere firmly onto them. The added benefit is that they also enhance the color intensity of the eyeshadows as they are opaque and cancel out eyelid pigmentation. Cover your entire eyelid with the white eye pencil and use a stiff eyeshadow brush or your fingers to quickly spread the eyeliner uniformly to make it work as a base. Then, top your eyeshadow over it and notice brighter color intensity on your eyelids. To blend the edges, use a blending brush or your fingers so that it isn’t just a harsh white edge. It makes the blending of the eyeshadow smoother.
4. Deepen Your Dark Eyeshadows With A Black Eye Pencil
Just like the white eye pencil as a base for eye makeup, the black eye pencil too works effectively in popping out the eyeshadow’s vibrancy. The only trick to be remembered is to apply it as a base only for darker and sultry eyeshadows as pale eyeshadows can change the color as soon as it is applied on a darker base like black. Greens, bronze, maroon, reds, blues and purple eyeshadow colors work amazingly against a black eye pencil base.
5. Experiment With Layering For A Bold Look
This tip may sound simple, but is extremely helpful to make your eyeshadows appear brighter. Simply layer the eyeshadow twice for a bold statement, making looks that appear visibly brighter. This technique works especially with a monochrome look using the same color eyeshadow in different finishes. For instance, if you are doing a pink eye look, apply a layer of matte pink eyeshadow and top it up with various pink eyeshadows of shimmer and glitter finishes to intensify the color payoff.
Note: Layer the eyeshadow by using a laydown eyeshadow brush and use a tapping/stippling motion on the eyelids. This helps build each layer so that the pigment builds. Make sure to blend the edges each time for a flawless application.
6. Try The Wet Brush Technique
My most favorite trick to make my eyeshadows appear visibly brighter and pop out, is to wet my eyeshadow brush with a makeup setting spray or plain water. After wetting your eyeshadow brush with water, slowly pat it over a clean tissue paper to remove the excess water. Always remember not to wet the brush too much with water as it will make your eyeshadows run from your eyelids. The brush should be slightly damp to pick the product up and pat it on your eyelid. You will instantly notice brighter and intense pigmentation.
7. Amplify Your Eyeshadow With Concealer
If you have perfectly normal eyelids and do not really need an extra eye primer, then you can use your concealer as a base prior to the application of your eyeshadows. The formula of the concealer being very creamy and tinted in a skin tone color acts as a great base for your eyelids. It helps in adhering the eyeshadows better to your eyelids plus evens out the pigmentation on your eyelids, providing an even and brighter color intensity.
8. Give Cream Eyeshadow A Shot
Here’s the final tip that may do the trick without much hassle and is perfect for lazy days. Using a cream or liquid eyeshadow instead of a powder formula can help make the eye makeup stay longer and create a vibrant look effortlessly. Liquid eyeshadows are comparatively more pigmented and, thus, appear brighter than powdered eyeshadows.
Infographic: Easy Tips To Make Your Eyeshadow Look Brighter
Any makeup feels incomplete without highlighting the eyes. Eyeshadows play a crucial role in defining the eyes and making them look brighter and bigger. They accentuate the beauty of your eyes while complementing the overall look. While this article tells you how to perfectly apply your desired eyeshadow shade, if you’re looking to really bring out that shade for a brighter and bolder look, check out the infographic below for some of the easiest tips!
We cannot stress enough the importance of eye makeup that stands out. Eyeshadow is one of the key products to define the beauty of your eyes. Some looks require your eyeshadow to be bright to accentuate your eyes and complement your overall look. Follow these makeup tips and techniques to make your eyeshadow brighter and achieve the desired look. When you use a combination of two or more colors to achieve an artistic effect, these tips and tutorials will allow each color to pop out and play its part to bring out the best in your eyes. Try them to create looks that are in fashion and speak for themselves.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can you make bright eyeshadow last all day?
To make a bright eyeshadow last all day, use the following cosmetics products: a creamy concealer, followed by a creamy eyeshadow or creamy matte eyeshadow as the base coat, and finally, an eye pencil.
What should you do if your bright eyeshadow creases or smudges?
• To prevent eyeshadow creasing, first, cleanse the face and spray some toner to remove excess oil. Then, apply colorless setting powder on top of the primer.
• To prevent smudges, spray some setting spray on your eyeshadow brush to create a creamy texture that does not smudge. Make sure to use correct brushes for applying eye makeup.
How do you make a bright eyeshadow look natural?
To make a bright eyeshadow look natural, create a base and apply an eyeshadow over it. Finish the look by adding a shimmer or light glitter on the top.
How do you choose the right shade of bright eyeshadow for your skin tone?
• Fair skin tone – Subtle hues of shimmery plum and green.
• Medium skin tone – Rose gold, burgundy, pink shimmer, and lavender.
• Olive skin tone – Blue, purple, and dazzling green.
• Dark skin tone – Vibrant purple, bright blue, and rich burgundy.
What are some tips for applying bright eyeshadow to hooded eyes?
Tips for applying bright eyeshadow to hooded eyes:
• Apply the eyeshadow with open eyes and on the crease rather than the natural fold of the eyelid.
• Apply matte shades to keep attention away from the hood.
• Apply shadow past the hood to avoid color from getting trapped in the fold of the eyelid.
What are the best ways to highlight the inner corner of the eye when using a bright eyeshadow?
Start with a light shade of liquid or creamy eyeshadow, followed by a highlighter. Finish with a bright shimmery eyeshadow on the top.
- To get a perfect base, use an eye primer. Choose a shade that will even out the pigmentation and help you get an eyeshadow pop.
- For bright and vibrant eye makeup, use an eyeshadow base.
- White eye pencil works great as a base. It cancels pigmentation and helps the eye shadow blend easily.
- Layer your eyeshadow to make your eyes pop and vibrant. Always wet the eyeshadow brush with makeup setting spray for that instant brightness and pigmentation.
Learn how to do stunning and bright eye makeup with colorful eyeshadows in this easy and beginner-friendly tutorial video. Get ready to make heads turn.