When most people think about yoga, the first image that comes to their mind is old monks sitting at the top of a mountain in deep meditation. Some even imagine impossible poses and difficult techniques of breathing. The truth is yoga is a spiritual art, way beyond stretching and relaxing yourself. Once you make this practice a part of your lifestyle, the amazing benefits that come along with it are surely going to take you by surprise. It doesn’t matter how old you are or how many years you have spent without exercising, yoga is here to boost your metabolism, banish all the unwanted fat, and make you stronger and fitter.
5 Yoga Poses To Build Stamina:
Most people who work in offices like to practice yoga since it helps them to de-stress and also builds strength. When you practice yoga, you will be able to give your hundred percent to your work. Let’s learn a few amazing yoga poses that help you gain strength and stamina.
The Navasana is a basic move that helps you get a stronger core. It is also known as the boat pose.
- Sit on the floor with your knees bent. Your hands should be placed beside the hip area.
- Breathe in and out gently.
- Your spine should be straight.
- Now lean backwards and pick your feet off the ground.
- Your shins should be parallel to the floor.
- Now take your arms and bring them forward.
- Your spine should be straight now.
- Keep the lower belly region firm and flat.
- Look at your toes and relax yourself.
- Stay like this for about 5 seconds. Hold it for a minute if you can.
- Now release and repeat.
Navasana is an effective pose to start off with. Make this pose a habit, and you will have no regrets.
2. Sitting Wide Legged Straddle Pose:
This pose is quite famous among all yoga learners. It increases the blood flow in your body and lets it reach the groin area.
- Sit straight and flex both your feet.
- Spread them apart. You should be feeling comfortable.
- Now as you begin to press your legs on the floor, remember to keep your thighs engaged throughout.
- Now come downwards towards the ground.
- Hold for a couple of seconds and repeat.
Doing this pose five times a day shall help you see great results within a short period of time.
3. Child’s Pose:
Child’s Pose is known for relaxing your mind, body and senses. It is one of the best ways to eliminate stress from your body and improve your performance at work.
- Kneel down on a mat.
- Your back should be arched slightly.
- Now bring your arms together and stretch them out in front of you.
- The palms should be resting on the floor.
- Hold for 10 seconds. Breathe and repeat.
The Child’s Pose is known for acting as a stress buster. It is known to heal several dangerous conditions.
4. Goddess Pose:
The Goddess Pose not only gives you more strength and stamina, but also ceases pain during menstruation.
- Stand straight and keep your feet apart.
- Your feet should be facing sideways.
- Keep both the legs bent.
- Now roll back downwards.
- You should be fully lying down by now.
- Continue keeping those legs bent.
This pose is quite popular among the pregnant women, and is a favorite among yoga lovers.
5. Bridge Pose:
The Bridge Pose tones your pelvic muscles and makes you stronger and fitter.
- Lie down on the mat.
- Keep those knees bent.
- Now gently lift those buttocks until both your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- This should be successfully forming a bridge.
- Hold yourself in this position for about 30 seconds.
- You could also go on for a minute if you like.
If you make a point of doing the Bridge Pose daily, positive changes shall certainly occur.
Was the information helpful? Leave us a comment below.
Latest posts by Naomi (see all)
- 6 Fascinating Health Benefits Of Quercetin - September 7, 2015
- 7 Remarkable Ways Tapioca Can Benefit You - August 26, 2015
- 3 Best Exercises For Hiatal Hernia - August 6, 2015
- Baba Ramdev Yoga Poses For High Blood Pressure - August 5, 2015
- 3 Amazing Benefits And 2 Side Effects Of Tartaric Acid - July 31, 2015