Have you ever wondered what you could do to alleviate those frequent menopausal mood changes? Did you know that yoga can help you in this regard? Well, if you didn’t, you should think about reading this post on yoga and menopause.
Listed here are some specific yoga poses for menopause symptoms. What are they? Let’s take a look!
Menopause – An Overview:
Menopause is one condition that accompanies the loss of menstrual periods for a year. It is a gradual condition, preceded by a perimenopausal transition period. Women over the age suffer from menopause, but menopause can also occur as early as your 30s or as late as the 60s.
The symptoms of menopause include:
Yoga For Menopause- The Routine:
Let’s look at the yoga routine to relief menopause symptoms. You will need some basic equipment like a yoga mat and dumbbells. Although you can start with free hand routines, consider adding light weights to make the routine more effective. Remember that this is a routine, so try and move from pose to pose without taking breaks along the way.
1. Easy Pose Or Sukhasana:
- Begin by sitting down cross-legged on the mat.
- Keep your spine erect.
- Close your eyes and take 3 deep breaths.
- Begin opening your legs and stand up.
2. Standing Forward Bend:
- Stand at the edge of the mat.
- Keep your feet at hip-width.
- Take your right arm up and stretch to the right side.
- Hold for 2 breaths and switch to the left side.
- Bend your torso forward, tucking your chest into your knees.
- You can keep dumbbells on the floor and pick them up as you return to the standing position.
[ Read: Yoga Poses For Women Over 60 ]
3. Chair Pose:
- Keep your feet together and extend your arms over your head.
- Draw your hips back, like you are about to sit in a chair.
- Now begin bending your elbows, lower your upper arms and straighten them over your head.
- Raise and lower your arms 5 times.
- Bring your hands to your shoulders.
4. Warrior Pose II:
- From the standing position, take your left leg back around 3-4 feet and bend your right knee.
- Raise your arms to shoulder height and keep them parallel to the ground.
- Your palms should face the ground.
- Now raise your hands by a few inches.
- Hold this position for 10 seconds.
- Repeat the motion five times.
5. Side-Angle Pose:
- From the warrior pose, bring your right elbow down to your right knee.
- Now extend the left hand inside the right shin with your chest facing the floor.
- Bend your left elbow upward towards your chest. Hold the pose for 10 seconds.
- Come back to the starting position. Repeat the motion five times.
- End by bringing your shoulders back and your feet together.
6. Hero Pose With Arm Raise:
- Kneel down with your buttocks on your heels.
- Keep your palms on your thighs.
- Begin lifting your hips so that your body forms a straight line from your knees to the head. At the same time, raise your hands towards the ceiling and straighten your arms.
- Bring your arms back to starting position.
- Repeat the pose five times.
7. Seated Wide-Angle Pose:
- Sit down on the mat and extend your legs wide.
- Your right hand should be touching your left thigh.
- Reach out with your right arm overhead and to the left.
- Return to the starting position.
- Switch arms and repeat 5 times on each side.
Perform the yoga for menopause symptoms religiously, and you will see your condition getting cured. Did you find this post useful? Tell us! Leave a comment below.
- 5 Effective Yoga Poses To Treat Nausea
- 4 Best Yoga Poses To Cure Headache
- 6 Effective Yoga Asanas To Treat Irregular Periods
- 6 Best Yoga Poses To Lower High Blood Pressure
Latest posts by Ameya C (see all)
- 8 Facts About Washing Hands That You Don’t Want To Ignore - February 23, 2016
- 5 Amazing Benefits Of Castor Oil Bath - June 12, 2015
- Top 9 Foam Rollers For Runners - June 8, 2015
- What Is Reverse Prayer Yoga And What Are Its Benefits? - May 5, 2015
- Is Garam Masala Good For Health? - April 29, 2015