Your skin loves fruits as much as your palette. Fruit face packs are one of the most commonly used methods to solve skincare troubles. In this article, we will discuss how strawberry face packs help your skin. As a nutrient-rich fruit, the strawberry benefits for skin in many ways. It has been used for facial spa therapy since the Roman and Egyptian eras for its numerous medicinal properties. So, let us discuss strawberry benefits and how to make strawberry facial packs.
In This Article
Benefits of Strawberries for Skin:
1.Today, scientifically it has been proven that strawberries with their anti-oxidants, astringenti XThe ability of a substance to contract cells and body tissues. It is often used to tighten pores and control oil in the skin. and anti-inflammatory properties help to slow down the aging process, treat burns, and offer the best form of UV protection (1), (2).
2. Being rich in alpha hydroxy acidi XA group of naturally occurring acids that have pore cleansing, exfoliating, and skin-renewing properties. , Strawberries help get rid of dead skin cells.
3.They have a high content of salicylici XAn organic compound that is widely used as one of the best acne-fighting ingredients for its deep-cleansing properties. acid making them the ideal agents for acne treatment.
5. You can also use this fruit to tone your skin, improve skin texture, and lighten pigmentation and acne marks.
Note: Some people might be allergic to strawberries, which may cause the skin to break out into a rash, hives, and contact dermatitis. Thus, perform a skin patch test before you proceed with the application of any of the following face packs. If you experience any irritation, please discontinue using strawberries.
These are the benefits of strawberries for the skin. So, let us now dive into the different facial packs made with this fruit.
Some Face Packs using Strawberries:
1. Strawberries and Fresh Cream Mask:
Take strawberry puree, mix with fresh cream (dry skin) or yogurt (oily skin) and add a tablespoon of honey. Apply all over the face, leave it on for 10 minutes and wash with warm water. You can deep freeze and store this mask like how I regularly do. This Mask helps reduce Acne.
2. Strawberries & Lime Face Pack:
Helps in de-tanning your skin and lightens complexion and pigmentation marks on your skin. Mix strawberries and a tablespoon lime juice. Apply all over the face for 15 minutes and wash off with warm water.
3. Strawberry & Chocolate Mask:
Mash strawberries along with a tablespoon of cocoa powder and honey. Apply on the face for 15 minutes and wash off with warm water. It helps to make your skin glow and also makes it soft.
4. Honey and Strawberry Face Mask:
Mash a few strawberries with a fork until it turns into a smooth paste. Add a tablespoon of honey and apply this mask for 15 minutes and wash with warm water. Honey is an antioxidant that helps to fight skin impurities and acne.
5. Blemish prone skin Strawberry Mask:
Mash a quarter cup of ripe banana and strawberries, add to it, a quarter cup of sour cream or yogurt, and a tablespoon of honey. Apply all over the face; let it on for 15 minutes before washing it off with warm water.
[ Read: Simple Face Packs For Tanned Skin ]
6. Rice flour and Strawberry Face Pack:
Blend a few strawberries with a tablespoon of rice flour. Apply on the face for 15 minutes before washing it away.
7. Strawberry Scrub:
Slice up a berry and rub it all over your face, its alpha hydroxyl acids have an excellent exfoliating ability. Let it sit on your face for a minute and wash off for superb exfoliation.
Indulge in the goodness of a DIY strawberry face mask! This natural face mask promotes radiant skin, fights blemishes, and leaves your skin feeling refreshed. Check the video below to learn how to use it!
Infographic: 4 Easy DIY Strawberry Face Packs For Glowing Skin
Fresh fruits have always been a major part of beauty regimens, owing to their antioxidant and skin rejuvenating properties. Strawberries are added to most skin care products, from sheet masks to face packs, to help people achieve flawless and radiant skin. So, why not experiment with some simple DIY strawberry face packs in the comfort of your home?
Check out the infographic below for more information.
Strawberry beauty face packs benefit the skin in multiple ways. These fruits slow down the aging process, protect it from UV rays, aid exfoliation, add hydration, treat acne, reduce dark circles, and lighten the skin tone. They also improve your skin texture and minimize the appearance of fine lines. You can mix strawberries with fresh cream, lime, cocoa powder, honey, bananas, or rice flour to make these face packs. Also, you can use strawberries directly on your skin as a scrub. You can apply these organic packs once or twice a week to reap their phenomenal benefits.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is strawberry good for skin brightening?
Yes. Strawberry helps de-tan the skin and reduce pigmentation to reveal bright, glowing skin.
Is it good to put strawberries on your face daily?
Yes. You can apply strawberry toner or mask daily to benefit from its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
Does strawberry make your skin glow?
Yes. Strawberries are rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and AHAsi XIt refers to alpha-hydroxy acids which are beneficial as exfoliants and promote skin cell renewal. that can help you get bright and blemish-free skin.
- Strawberries contain antioxidants, vitamin C, and AHAs, which are some of the prime natural ingredients that can brighten your skin.
- You can blend a few fresh berries for a quick and simple strawberry face pack. Apply it on the face and wash after 10-15 minutes.
- Consider customizing your DIY face packs with additional ingredients, such as honey, yogurt, lime, cocoa, banana, etc., for optimum skin rejuvenation. It adds to the benefits; for example, lemon juice increases glow, and aloe vera provides moisturization.
- Always use fresh strawberries and the face pack once a week for best results and sheer relaxation.
Articles on StyleCraze are backed by verified information from peer-reviewed and academic research papers, reputed organizations, research institutions, and medical associations to ensure accuracy and relevance. Read our editorial policy to learn more.
- Strawberry-Based Cosmetic Formulations Protect Human Dermal Fibroblasts against UVA-Induced Damage
- A Pilot Study of the Photoprotective Effects of Strawberry-Based Cosmetic Formulations on Human Dermal Fibroblasts
- Polyphenol-Rich Strawberry Extract Protects Human Dermal Fibroblasts against Hydrogen Peroxide Oxidative Damage and Improves Mitochondrial Functionality
- Fragaria vesca L. Extract: A Promising Cosmetic Ingredient with Antioxidant Properties